A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

express scribe wont let me use my foot pedal with the free version - schnauzermom

Posted: Jan 18, 2013

Trying to download express scribe, but it wont let me use my foot pedal with the free version.  Any suggestions?

Express Scribe - Money Honey

[ In Reply To ..]
You have to pay for it now. Same thing happened to me and after you pay for it, be sure you register it or you still cannot use it. What a racket. I used to use it for free, but it may have been attached with the software program I was working in.

They want your moolah - tweet

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't use the latest version off their web site. Any version with "Pro" in the title is a trial version and will die on you at some point. Use the 3.x.x or 4.x.x versions. Here is one:

http://www.4shared.com/file/JKKU83BN/Express_Scribe_415.html

Thank you for this link. sm - Kindred

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually just paid the $29 for a subscription for one of my computers but found I really needed it on both computers, as my husband is helping me knock out some general transcription.

He's doing a great job! I guess he's been around this crazy business for 15 years, some of it has rubbed off on him!

Similar Messages:

Express Scribe Free Version ?
Nov 02, 2012

I need the free version of Express Scribe and can't figure out how to get it.  I purchased the Pro version and I found I don't like it.  I'd like to continue using the older version because I'm comfortable with it, but I can figure out how to download it without having the trial version (which it ends up asking you to purchase).  I feel like I'm being clear as mud :-), sorry.  Can anyone help?  Thanks! ...

Foot Pedal/transcription Software For Free? I Tried Express But It Said I Need To Buy It Now. Nm
Apr 20, 2015

x ...

Express Scribe, Win 7, And Foot Pedal
Oct 24, 2010

I need help trying to get a USB foot pedal hooked up and working using Express Scribe and Win 7.  My typist has not been successful.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I think it is something she needs to set up in Windows but don't fully know yet. I have been using ExpressScribe in WinXP with a serial footpedal for years with no problems. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Shona ...

Foot Pedal For Express Scribe???
Jul 01, 2011

Can someone tell me what foot pedals work with Express Scribe? I will be testing next week and don't want to rely on the shortcut hotkeys on the keyboard. I downloaded this a while ago, but don'tknow much about the ins and outs of it. Also, can I decrease the speed of the file at the bottom of the Express Scribe window in the right corner and it will stay for all files playes? Thanks in advance. ...

Express Scribe-Foot Pedal
Jul 10, 2012

Does Express Scribe (free version) now require an updated foot pedal?   I cannot get my USB-Infinity pedal to work with the free version of Express Scribe. ...

Foot Pedal And Express Scribe
May 06, 2014

I have had a VEC Infinity foot pedal for over 10 years.  Have used it with no problems whatsoever on Express Scribe and many other transcription platforms.  My computer (Windows XP) crashed and had to get a new computer (Windows 8).  My foot pedal wouldn't work on Express Scribe anymore (but works fine on Emdat platform).  I thought it was because I was using the free version of Express Scribe, so I went ahead and paid the money to buy the full version of Express Scribe. ...

Getting My Foot Pedal To Work With Express Scribe
Sep 15, 2010

Need advise on getting my foot pedal to work with Express Scribe.  I have gotten it to work in the past but can't remember how I did it.  I searched the postings which say to go under settings but I don't have that heading.  Any help would be much appreciated.  ...

Trying To Get Express Scribe To Work With My Foot Pedal
Nov 12, 2010

I am trying to get Express Scribe to work with my foot pedal. What happens is Media Player always takes over and comes on, but I do not want to use Media Player. I have tried deleting it and cannot even do that? I would appreciate any advice I can get. ...

Express Scribe Issues With Foot Pedal
Nov 01, 2011

Hi, I have just begun to have issues with my foot pedal when using Express Scribe. I have used this program for several years and never had issues before.  I have tried two different foot pedals on two different computers, a PC and laptop, both work well with another transcription program, but now suddenly when using Express Scribe I have to tap multiple times to get the files to play, or they stay playing even with my foot off the pedal. I went to their site, but of course cannot get t ...

Win 7/Express Scribe/USB Infinity Foot Pedal?
Nov 14, 2011

The USB Infinity Foot Pedal does not show up on the Express Scribe list of pedals. How do I make this combination work together? Thanks in advance ...

USB 2 Foot Pedal To Work With Express Scribe
May 20, 2012

Hi Everyone:  I need to take a test for a job and I have to use Express Scribe.  I have done this before and had to use Hot Keys which for me takes forever.  I have USB 2 foot pedal.  Does anyone know how to make USB work with Express Scribe?  In other words how to sync them up.  I looked at directions on Express Scribe but it is a little confusing for me.  My hubby told me on this computer I am using it does not a Com port, but a serial report and now not so s ...

Help With Foot Pedal Settings In Express Scribe (sm)
Jun 03, 2014

I went into options and all the settings seem to be in the hundreds and described as (ms).  Not familiar with that at all.  I always set my pedal to seconds.  My rewind is extremely slow and when I take my foot off the pedal and then on again I need it to rewind a few seconds so as to not miss anything.  When I take my foot off pedal and then on again, I have to actually press the rewind button for a few seconds and this is really costing me some time and aggravation.&nb ...

Foot Pedal That Works With Express Scribe And Gear Player
Jan 29, 2010

Is the foot pedal that works with Express Scribe and Gear Player also compatible with Edit Script? ...

I Try To Take These Tests And My Foot Pedal Wont Work With Them.
Jun 14, 2014

It is very difficult to keep going back over everything without a foot pedal.  Is there some universal way to be able to make a foot pedal work with all these different tests or is there always a different set up for every single test.  I dont want to be downloading lots of things to test with every single company.  ...

Express Scribe - Wont Load Files. 0:00 Duration -sm
Feb 11, 2011

Hello, I am finally getting my Dr. to move into the 20th century.  Have a new Phillips 9600 digital recorder, new foot pedal and headset and downloaded Express Scribe. ExpressScribe will not play any files I try and transfer.  I get an error telling me I need to go to their website and get a component file for dss.322.exs  yes it says dss.322 not dss.32  LOL THere is NO such file there.  Anybody have any suggestions??  I really dont want to have to pay like 30 b ...

Express Scribe 5.14 Version
Dec 22, 2011

Does anyone have any idea where I can locate the 5.14 version of Express Scribe.  I have tried everything I can think of to obtain this older version.  I have even tried to transfer it to my newer laptop, but everytime it downloads the most recent version and the recent version will not work on my laptop.  Thanks for any and all help. ...

Does Anyone Has The Old Version Of Express Scribe
Jan 10, 2012

does anyone has the old version of express scribe that they could possibly send me a link to that I can download...thanks ...

Express Scribe - Anyone Know Where I Can Get An Older Version Of This?
Mar 26, 2010

got new computer and uploaded express scribe but the new version seems to take FOREVER to load up my dss files.  I miss my old version!!!  Anyone know where I can find an older version to download?   Thanks!!! ...

Does Anyone Have An Older Version Of Express Scribe
Aug 28, 2014

Mine got deleted after I had to get a complete reinstall. It's not on either of my flash drives, it's gone. Does anyone have a copy of an older version with less complicated features and crap that I can get a copy from you, please? This program is no longer truly free. You download the "free" version and in 14 days you are locked out of it unless you pay. You can't use "all the features" which simply means the foot pedal option does not work anymore. This company d ...

Express Scribe Free?
Nov 10, 2011

Does anybody here have any experience with the free download of Express Scribe and if it will play .dss files? I would also appreciate any thoughts on which of the "free" transcription software programs are "really" the best.....Thanks for your help! :) ...

I Thought Express Scribe Was Free?
Sep 02, 2012

I always thought there was a free edition of Express Scribe? I just got a message saying the trial is almost over. Does anyone know if it will still be free or if I have to start paying? TIA ...

Is There A Free Alternative To Express Scribe?
Sep 21, 2013

Is there a free player similar to Express Scribe? ...

Pedal And Express Scribe
Jun 17, 2012

I have a pedal that I used with Express Scribe about 5 years ago. It says IN-BMG on the bottom. I worked independently for a local office using old school dictation with a tape player so packed up my pedal. I just recently started using Express Scribe again and HATE using the key prompts and want use of my foot pedal but can't get it working! I hate to buy a new one when this one would probably work if I knew the magic words.  Please advise if anyone knows how to make it work! It ...

Difference Between A USB Foot Pedal And An Infinity Foot Pedal?
Sep 10, 2010

Is there a difference between a USB foot pedal and an Infinity foot pedal?  I have a part-time job that lists equipment needed as an infinity foot pedal, I have an USB one that worked fine to take the test, if there is a difference then I need to order one fast. Thanks. ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Foot Pain. Does Anyone Know If There Are Hand Controls Instead Of A Foot Pedal?
Aug 12, 2013

Nm ...

Newer Version Users Of Dial Dictate And Express Delegate HELP PLEASE
Apr 16, 2015

I am wondering if anyone uses these formats for their dictators.  I have Dial Dictate in my computer, the docs dictate and then through Outlook Express it is made into voice file and sent via email for transcription.  BUT I have a pretty old system, like 10 years.  I would like information on the newer version that is out that doesn't require phone lines into the computer.  According to BEST BUY you can't even buy computers with phone modems in them, let alone with ...

Express Scribe Help Again
Oct 16, 2009

Does anyone know how to get the auto back up to work on the foot pedal settings for Express Scribe?  Thanks in advance! ...

Help With Express Scribe Please
Jul 14, 2010

I recently had to uninstall and reinstall Express Scribe.   Everything seems okay except I cannot set up the back step correctly.   Does anyone have any advice?    As always, thanks! ...