A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Today's HEENT exam funny - got Roman?

Posted: Sep 12, 2010

Dictated: Eyes: Extraocular muscles intact.  He has bilateral Marcus Aurelius.  Tympanic membranes are okay.

Transcribed:  Eyes:  Extraocular muscles intact.  He has bilateral arcus senilis.  Tympanic membranes are okay.

first time a Roman empirer has made an appearance in my transcription! This was not even VR!

Roman emperor LOL - Roma

[ In Reply To ..]
Funny, how in the world did that get in there then if not VR?

LOL, just someone typing what they heard? in a prior report? LOL

Similar Messages:

Heent Exam
Jan 22, 2015

Patient with possible TIA.  HEENT EXAM:  "he did not have _____" sounds like "dove's eye" "dowsa" Thanks in advance for help ...

In The HEENT Exam: Bilateral TMs S/l FOR
Nov 26, 2010

Doc says Bilateral TMs s/l FOR or OR. Any ideas?   ...

Question About HEENT Exam.
Feb 19, 2013

HEENT:  Unremarkable.  (Coddle?) hole is intact. ...

HEENT Exam: S/L No Peri?? Edema
Feb 19, 2010

doc states...HEENT is unremarkable. No proptosis. No S/l peri?? edema. I definetly hear the peri...just not sure what is next.   ...

Elderly Male HEENT Exam: He Has Mild *lannel Fimur.* Thanks. Nm
Jul 15, 2010

nm ...

ASR Funny For Today
Sep 12, 2012

ASR:  Genital hair piece. Should be:  Genital herpes. Normally I just ignore the blathering the ASR spits out and just go about my day.  But this one really had me thinking, just what kind of hair piece and why and it is like hair plugs and would Rogaine work.... Job security.  ...

S/l "sinavia Atraumatic" In HEENT Exam Of Pulmonology Report
Jan 04, 2011

Pediatric pulmonology report. In the physical examination, HEENT, he states "the patient has a normal ____.  The tympanic membranes are normal bilaterally."   s/l he is saying "sinavia atruamatic" but I can't find anything relating either to the sinuses or even using synovia. Thanks for the help. ...

"HEENT Exam Reveals No"... S/l Ther-a-opt-ta-my?
Dec 08, 2009

"HEENT exam reveals no"... s/l ther-a-opt-ta-my? ...

Sounds Like "mulumpatee" On HEENT Exam
Feb 24, 2011

Doing an ENT exam on a morbidly obese patient who is deemed not to be a good surgical risk because of ENT exam showing "mulumptee" 3-4. ...

I Scheduled The CCS Exam Today
Sep 19, 2013

I know this exam is extremely difficult but I am going to attempt it. I already took and passed the CPC, but I understand the CCS is even  harder. Do any of you coders have any advice? Thanks! ...

Help. On Neck Exam, No (s/l Sturgor) Or Stridor. I'm Fried Today!!
Sep 08, 2011

.. ...

I Wrote To The USMLE Exam People Today And Asked A
Jul 18, 2013

Namely, why US hospitals are being turned into Towers of Babel because there is no SPOKEN English testing of foreign physicians.   As it is, they only need to be able to read/write English sufficiently well to take the exam, which is a very different thing entirely from being able to speak English. It's passing strange to me that when I'm doing the most difficult work that I do with some of the most abysmal dictators that I deal with, who cannot string 3 English words togeth ...

Typical VR Error - Funny And Also Not Funny
Oct 20, 2013

If you have any questions, please hesitate to contact us. (obviously should be -- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.) ...

In General Section Of Exam: He Is Here Today With "blin Or Blend" Support Personnel
Oct 31, 2013

Insulin-dependent diabetes. Heart attack. ESRD on HD on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. History of bilateral BKA secondary to diabetes. Pulmonary hypertension. CHF. ...

Help With HEENT:
Nov 09, 2009

HEENT: Unremarkable: there is sclimericterous or archis cinilis. Extraocular movement was within normal limits. ...

HEENT Help
Jun 21, 2010

HEENT:  A nasal s/l corium, right s/l pupea measuring 4 cm, the left 2 cm. ...

HEENT Help Please?
Oct 12, 2012

HEENT heading. Sound like the doc is saying, Eyes, pupils 2 and reactive. 2? Thanks! ...

HEENT Terminology
Nov 06, 2009

Patient has pain in the right submandibular triangle. It is recommended that he have a "sialadenosubmandibular duct endoscopy." Is there such a term? Thanks. ...

HEENT Word Help
Nov 22, 2013

HEENT: s/l paravoltema? Dr. is saying, no paravoltema any help would be appreciated, thanks ...

HEENT Vs HENT
Jan 18, 2015

I think my problem with this issue is that once you are "caught" by QA/QC and given a 1.0 deduction (by which I mean I had the universally accepted HEENT and they heard HENT, thus I was docked 1.0 for that), I now must either listen carefully to determine if they are saying HENT or HEENT, then put one or the other, then still have a chance that my reviewer will give me the error because they hear something different. If there is obviously ears and eyes that one is easy, but oftentimes it DOES s ...

Arcasenillis? Was Noted (under HEENT)
Nov 02, 2009

NM ...

HEENT S/l Gershin Normal?
Feb 19, 2011

HEENT s/l gershin normal? ...

HEENT: No _______ory Findings.
Mar 25, 2011

Any idea what this could be on a cardiac consult? HEENT:  No _____ory findings.   Thanks!!! ...

HEENT: CC Are Plethoric - Does Anyone Know What The CC Stands For?
Aug 23, 2011

"HEENT:  CCs are plethoric. Sclerae are anicteric."  Anyone know what the "CC" might stand for?  TIA! ...

Blank All HEENT/HENT!!!
Jan 06, 2015

From now on, I am blanking HEENT/HENT any time I am not 100%, absolutely, positively sure of what the doctor says.  Especially if they don't say anything at all (which is the usual).  This is utter ridiculousness and I am not going to risk a QA (or QC or whatever it is!)'s subjective opinion about whether a dictator said (or meant) one E or two!  What's next?  If they only dictate a finding on the right lung, do we have to label it as "RIGHT LUNG:" instead of ...

HEENT/HENT Crap
Jan 08, 2015

When I requested reversal over getting gigged on this I spelled my thoughts out pretty thoroughly but don't know how far up the chain of holiness that goes.  Has anyone else shot off their opinions on this?  Hoping if we get enough of us to make an issue they might reverse this idiotic ruling.   ...

S/l Sertropal Benz (in The HEENT Section)
Mar 08, 2010

NM ...

In HEENT Section? Palpable Cords?
Sep 05, 2012

I've heard of palpable cords plenty of times when examining the extremities, but this time under HEENT, doc says "His mucous membranes are moist. His temples had no *s/l palpable cords* and nontender to palpation. Pupils equal, round, and reactive..." Is this correct? ...

HEENT/neck S/l Conjack Time Normal. No JVD.
Feb 18, 2010

Under physical exam, HEENT, he says s/l conjack time normal.  No JVD.  ...

Physical Examination HEENT: Is This Correct?  Nasal Coria?
Apr 21, 2010

HEENT: Is this correct?  Nasal coria?  Right TP measuring 4mm, the left 2 mm.  No titlemegaly? is palpated. ...