A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I scheduled the CCS exam today - Nervous student

Posted: Sep 19, 2013

I know this exam is extremely difficult but I am going to attempt it. I already took and passed the CPC, but I understand the CCS is even  harder. Do any of you coders have any advice? Thanks!

No advice, just wanted to wish you luck. nm - Not a coder or student.

[ In Reply To ..]
: )

Thank you! nm - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

CCS - yes

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes! Don̢۪t get so stressed out that you get frustrated and freeze or think that you will not be able to finish. Keep going. I really got stressed to the point where I could not think and had to snap myself out of it. Keep trucking on and make sure you get that principal diagnosis and principal procedure in there. At one point, I realized I hadn̢۪t even got to the IP cases yet and I was running out of time. I pushed on, one after the other, and kept going, and did well. Good luck! Code-code-code on!

Thank you, too! - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I was so stressed out leading up to the CPC but for some reason, on the day of the test I was pretty calm. I was on a mission and I knew I had studied as much as I could. I managed to finish that exam with a few minutes to spare and I did well, so I am hoping I'll be just as calm for the CCS. It was amazing how fast 5 hours and 40 minutes went by!

Similar Messages:

Today's HEENT Exam Funny
Sep 12, 2010

Dictated: Eyes: Extraocular muscles intact.  He has bilateral Marcus Aurelius.  Tympanic membranes are okay. Transcribed:  Eyes:  Extraocular muscles intact.  He has bilateral arcus senilis.  Tympanic membranes are okay. first time a Roman empirer has made an appearance in my transcription! This was not even VR! ...

Help. On Neck Exam, No (s/l Sturgor) Or Stridor. I'm Fried Today!!
Sep 08, 2011

.. ...

I Wrote To The USMLE Exam People Today And Asked A
Jul 18, 2013

Namely, why US hospitals are being turned into Towers of Babel because there is no SPOKEN English testing of foreign physicians.   As it is, they only need to be able to read/write English sufficiently well to take the exam, which is a very different thing entirely from being able to speak English. It's passing strange to me that when I'm doing the most difficult work that I do with some of the most abysmal dictators that I deal with, who cannot string 3 English words togeth ...

In General Section Of Exam: He Is Here Today With "blin Or Blend" Support Personnel
Oct 31, 2013

Insulin-dependent diabetes. Heart attack. ESRD on HD on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. History of bilateral BKA secondary to diabetes. Pulmonary hypertension. CHF. ...

When They Don't Have Any Work For Us During Our Scheduled
Dec 23, 2014

shift, how is it legal for them to require we make up the time on another day, when we've already set aside time, clocked in, & wasted time when there was no work during our scheduled shift!!  So, if this is legal, in theory they could just keep you on stand-by all the time for free until there's actually some work to do.  How can they get away with this?  I could see if they had let us know ahead of time, you'll be off on such-and-such day but have to substitut ...

Patient First Anyone Scheduled Yet?
Feb 13, 2015

I know they were interviewing recently.  Anyone scheduled yet?   ...

Anyone Here Scheduled To Go To VA For Patient First
May 20, 2015

Has anyone been contacted to travel to Virginia this summer for 2nd test at Patient First? ...

Got Logged Out Of DQS Saying I Am Not Scheduled To Work
May 19, 2010

Has this happened to anyone else today? I am scheduled to work and I was told I am restricted from accessing DQS ...

Question Regarding Scheduled Hours And NJA
Mar 25, 2011

I'm about to start working for MedQuist, and will be sceduled a certain number of hours to work on certain days.  Being an employee versus an IC, if there is no work available, will I still get paid for those hours? ...

If You're Scheduled To Work On A Holiday
Apr 05, 2012

and run out of work, wait 15 minutes, put in a Qcare ticket, etc., are you supposed to check back to see if any work comes in throughout the day, or do you take the rest of that day off after getting NJA for 15 minutes?  I've never been really clear on the whole thing...  TIA! ...

Scheduled For An Interview With AssistMed
Jun 08, 2012

I am scheduled for an interview with AssistMed. Does anyone know if they have PTO? I can't seem to find any info. Any info would be helpful.   THANKS! ...

Interview With Accentus Scheduled
Jun 20, 2012

Everything I've read has been positive. Is it difficult to work up to over 200 lph for transcription and 325 for VR? Seems like it would be, looking at their compensation. Thanks!! ...

He Is Scheduled For A S/l Moncreth PD Catheter
Mar 20, 2013

Patient in end stage renal disease scheduled for s/l mon-creeth PD catheter.  ...

Working Scheduled Hours
Aug 14, 2013

MModal HAS to be in the Top 10 of the worst companies to work for.  Got the email saying we MUST work our scheduled hours, only 2 MTs allowed on per account per day, 2 weeks notice if asking for days off, a month's notice if more than 5 days, no changing hours around unless approved in advance.  And yet, HERE I SIT . .  . just like I did on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday . .  . sat down to work my scheduled hours and  . . . I have NO WORK!  Talk about one-sided! &n ...

AssistMed And Now Have An Interview Scheduled
Oct 19, 2014

I tested with AssistMed and now have an interview scheduled. Anyone have any experience with this company? ...

Pt Is Scheduled For A Distal Humeral Osteotomy
Jul 12, 2010

x ...

Had A Phone Interview Scheduled But No One Called Me!
Aug 25, 2011

Thanks for nothing, TTS! You schedule a time for a phone interview with me and then you don't call?! Boooooo! ...

Pt Scheduled For Repeat ORIF Left Femur - Please Sm
Apr 12, 2010

Patient is now scheduled for repeat ORIF with replacement of femoral rod and tibial strut bone grafting with application of s/l dull-miles cables.  Thanks! ...

Hand Surgery Help. She Would Like To Be Scheduled Just For The (s/l Blat) Tenodesis Of The Right Wr
Oct 06, 2010

TIA! ...

Been Contacted By Synernet And A Phone Call Has Been Scheduled
Dec 06, 2012

Greetings MT sisters, After taking several tests I have been contacted by Synernet and a phone call has been scheduled.  The job in question is full time, which is really more than I'd planned on doing. Still ...  If any of you know anything, good or bad, about this company, I'd be very grateful for you to share it. Particularly interested in availability of work; general quality of VR , if involved; and pay, of course.   Thanks a bunch Myrie in Portland OR   ...

Sistas, Watch Your Timecards. Mine Is Again Showing 0s, No Scheduled
Nov 16, 2012

It got my shifts wrong for different days, putting 5 instead of 6 hours.  It evened out mostly to be correct but put an extra hour of PTO on my schedule. Which, my CCM, pointed out, I got paid for but my concern is if it keeps messing up on this stuff, how could I be being adversely affected.  Nothing here works as they want. ...

Patient Is Scheduled For ORIF Right Hip. We Will Use S/l Dull-meyer Greater Trochanteric Clamp
Jan 14, 2010

x ...

Patient Being Scheduled For A Left Total Knee Arthroplasty. "We Will Utilize S/l Depews Coordi
Dec 10, 2009

x ...

AIIMS Exam Or AMES Exam
Sep 15, 2011

Doing a report for a counseling and recovery center. Dr. says.... AIIMS exam showed mild involuntary movement of upper extremities and t____ assessment. Is it AIMS exam or Ames exam. I am also unsure of the blank, it sounds like it starts with the letter T. Thank you Thank you in advance! ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

For Brain Metastases Treatment With Radiation Therapy...his "V Sim" Is Scheduled For Tomor
Jul 28, 2010

:) ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

Scheduled To Work This Afternoon, Wondering If Work Has Picked Up Yet?? Sm
Jan 09, 2012

I only had about a half dozen reports on Saturday before it dried up.  I have picked up 1 cleaning customer so far and I'm on my way there.  2 hours equals $50!!!!  At least I'm making something today....Hope everyone is finding things are getting better. ...

ER Note - "ORS" Or "OARS" Search For Scheduled Med
Jul 28, 2011

He says he is doing an "ORS" "OARS" research/search for records of a patient's prescribed scheduled medication history.  Any ideas? Thanks! ...