A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

REQUEST TO MODERATOR - Bringing this to the top - MT

Posted: Jul 02, 2012

Bringing this to the top because it has gotten a ways down now...but could we please have a board for Happy MT's where we can go and talk with our "coworkers" without being abused?  Even in the thread below requesting this, we have been told we are being insensitive for talking about being successful.  This is getting quite ridiculous and disgusting.  Can we please, please, please have "somewhere to go" to have a real discussion without name calling and abusiveness?  The boards are moderated now where if something is posted on the wrong board it is moved...I believe this could be useful in helping to get rid of the negativity if we had our own board and negative posts were removed.  I have received an e-mail from someone in support of this, as well as the many supportive posts in the thread below.  This is supposed to be a forum where we can go to discuss things with other MTs and it is getting quite difficult and discouraging with all the negativity and being called insensitive. 

Lets have a board for MLSs who have found better work - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think this would be helpful for us trying to get out of this dying field. You are blessed if you are getting good work and still making a living in this field. If you look below the moderator already said no more name calling as these will be removed. Happy trials to all.

All for that! - Definitely nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yeah - and make sure they never tell anyone what company it is. - Oh, wait - we already have that here.

[ In Reply To ..]
Here's a typical message from the "happy" people:

"Well, I have a great job, great pay, my boss respects me, I have great dictators, and I just love, love, love my job!"

"Wow, what company is that?"

"Go to h-e-double-hockeysticks!"

...and then...and then...when someone points out that this it's real nice we can find out all about the bad companies but can't come here to find out which ones are good....

...people jump to her defense!! "You don't expect her to tell anyone something like that, do you?"

Well, yes. I do. If this is such a great company, how could her job be so insecure that she has to count on secrecy in order to think she has some job security?

Meh! Makes me sick.
Secrecy - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
In response to "sharing where we work," it's sometimes not possible when you aren't working for a national. We didn't take the easy route and go for a national, we actually had to do some research in trying to score the perfect job or in some peoples' cases they did the research to land their own accounts. There are some MTs who are happy that are ICs and work for many different facilities, such as myself, and there are some MTs who work as employees, but for some very small MTSOs. In fact, out of my 5 contracts, only two are MTSOs, very small MTSOs. The other 3 are for the facilities themselves, though I really don't have my own accounts per se because they contract with other people as well. My point though is that I can't really share where I work when there are no other positions there. Most of the successful MTs on this board probably share the same experience as myself with working for a relatively small MTSO where the jobs aren't even available and we certainly aren't going to advertise the jobs when we know they aren't hiring.
Having worked "big" and "small", IC and employee, I don't buy it. - Nice try, though! nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Don't buy it...that's your perogative! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I think that's a great idea - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
Go over to your side of the ship (Titanic) with the 1st class passengers.

Snow Bunny, is that really you? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
In Snow Bunny's other posts, there's no hostility, no hateful negativity, and I'm pretty sure SB is one of the highly productive and happy MTs. This post is completely out of character for SB.

I was wondering the same thing. - Rainy

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a response from "Snow Bunny" on a thread above this one that I interpreted as unusually sarcastic. Now I see this one and glad to see I am not the only one who noticed.
Yes ma'am, it's me ... - Snow Bunny
[ In Reply To ..]
I'll expand my meaning, still using the Titanic as the point of reference.

Take everyone here and put them on the ship. Those who are unhappy with their jobs are from 3rd class, and those who enjoy their jobs come from 1st class.

All have been rescued and are on Carpathia.

I don't think those from 3rd class want to listen to the comments made by 1st class about their good fortune, when those in 3rd class lost many loved ones.

While happy for the 1st class, I totally understand and support those who are in steerage. They have the right to be angry and the right to express their feelings. I think it would be pretty hard not too, under their trying circumstances.

Took fewer words the other way.
Come on, we're all third class. That's exactly our problem. - With a mixture of plain old luck, hard work,
[ In Reply To ..]
and talent some are doing better, but we're all standing behind the locked gate, just NOBODY is assuring us there'll be a place in the boat for us.

I feel your analogy displays the sort of victim mentality that is so counterproductive and destructive to this community--most especially when resentment and blame are turned not on the people settling 12 per boat in their furs, but on the MTs anxiously waiting right along with you to learn if we're going to survive in the end.

Don't think for a minute that those ICs with good incomes aren't wincing every time they lose yet another account or console a colleague whose livelihood has disappeared altogether. Employees who hear of yet another small MTSO closing or being taken over.

just ignore those hateful posts - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Just because you get your own page, doesn't mean the hostility and negativity won't follow. I despise the catty posts, too, but they're not going away... unfortunately. I think the moderator does a pretty good job weeding out the really mean posts, but this IS America -- for now, anyway -- and freedom of speech still reigns.

I'm not a super-producer and never will be. I can't see how someone could produce 500-600 lines, but that's just because I'm not in their shoes. On the other hand, the MT who produces those lines can't understand my situation because he/she isn't in my shoes. But I think this is your whole point, right? You want a place where you can be with those who are like you and not have to deal with those who aren't.

Personally, I'd rather have ALL MTs on the same board. I get great advice from the high-producers and I've also learned some new tricks to help me get my speed up. I'll never get 500 lpm because of the massive volume of MTs incorrectly editing VR, so it can't learn, and the fact that I don't get the same clients very often. Unfortunately, this is the situation for most of us.

I sincerely ask you, please ignore those MTs who just want to bring others down. Most of us aren't like that.

SM, it would be your board, too--for everyone who comes now - hoping for civil, intelligent chat with

[ In Reply To ..]
fellow MT/MEs. It should also start drawing more of the MTs who are still making a living and would love to talk about it but have been choosing to avoid this forum altogether.

The main boards would remain as vital and boisterous as ever, but, no, discussion on this one would not be submerged under messages of hostility, anger, and despair. That's the point.

Still making a living - On site MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Still making a living and would love to talk about it? Do you go to the unemployment office and do that? From what I have read, you have had to put together multiple accounts make it work, how is that special? You could lose those accounts and be scrambling for work just like many others. You are no better (and no worse) than anyone else, but try putting yourself in someone else's shoes instead of bragging that you have it so good.

Yes, please! A place to go for thoughtful and friendly - discussion of our work. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Why cant you just ignore the posts that are not - satisfactory to you?

[ In Reply To ..]
I see the negative posts as fear, frustration and hurt. They are not trying to bring you down, but the industry is changing, and peoples lives are affected. What gives you the right to determine that only positive posts are suitable? You are free to discuss anything you like, and if someone posts something you dont like, or dont agree with, just ignore it.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, positive or negative.

I do. I don't open them at all. The problem is that posts - I am interested in are attacked and

[ In Reply To ..]
hijacked by some people as a way of quashing any point of view but their own.

The fact is, this board has been taken over by a very aggressive group for whom the only acceptable messages are that no one can make even a modest living in this field, that all requests by employers are totally unreasonable, that getting fired would be a blessing--that anyone who does not share this groupthink is a liar and doesn't belong here.

Oh, and the newest one, that we're bragging, insensitive, even trying to hurt the feelings of those in trouble if we want to discuss our own experiences.

This isn't fun, and it's impossible to just ignore people who follow you into threads with the intention of subverting noncompliant discussion.

I think it is quite the opposite... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think anytime someone shares their experience, such as not being paid, geting pay docked, not meeing line counts, etc., a certain agressive group jumps in and dominates the post by saying how great their employer is, and how much money they make, and how the OPs need to find a new field, or need to find a new job, or are told to quit whining.

This is a pancake folks... it has two sides and both sides are valid. It is the people who have empathy that can deal with either side! If you are lacking empathy, you refuse to see the other side and demand your own board.
No, and note that your entire response is a fairly courteous - attack. Lack empathy? Bringing information to add
[ In Reply To ..]
perspective so people can evaluate their individual experiences is an attack? I grant it may sometimes feel like it when a person is really unhappy, but if the intent is to help by giving information, and it almost always is, it should not be restyled as an attack by people who just don't want to hear it.

So, please, support creating a little corner of the forum where people who WANT that kind of additional perspective can drop in and ask for it or just read the posts. I predict that over time the volume of useful responses from knowledgeable coworkers would increase substantially.
My response was not an attack. You are just trying to shove - your opinion down my throat and
[ In Reply To ..]
it is not working!

I believe your agressiveness toward the posters with a viewpoint other than your own is offensive.
no one is trying to shove anything down your throat - aye aye aye
[ In Reply To ..]
by the way, it is very evident that you cannot and will not - ignore posts that you dont agree with
[ In Reply To ..]
:)
Aye aye aye is someone else--FWIW. - :) NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

What you are asking for is already in place. - Furthermore.....sm

[ In Reply To ..]
THIS IS AN MT BOARD. Are you asking for another board where you can post, but opinions and statements you do not like cannot be posted? What would you call your new board, "Happy MTs Only?" This is a little ridiculous. How do you keep the posts you do not care for off of that board? I do not like some of the posts either, so I just do not read the thread and ignore it, or I state a simple opinion on why I agree or disagree and move on. Is that so hard?

As far as MTs who have found better work....I don't believe this is the place for it, but maybe the Gab Board. I mean, after all, this is an MT Board. If you get out of MT, then go to another type of board.

From my viewpoint - - - just my opinion.

[ In Reply To ..]
Hmmmm, I don't see other MTs as being abusive or disgusting towards those who are successful. It doesn't seem like it's the "success," per se, that's been hard for some to read about. If others are successful and want to post about HOW they are managing to do well in this current climate and maybe share some ideas that might be helpful to other MTs, I think that's great and would be appreciated by everyone. But it doesn't take much reading on this board to see that a majority of MTs in this country and on this board are suffering tremendously right now. No one denies me the right to live in a nice, comfortable home, but I sure wouldn't go to a homeless shelter and talk about my great house in an upscale neighborhood. Being a little sensitive about HOW we say things isn't a bad thing....is it?

Maybe a message board - for people who take

[ In Reply To ..]
message boards WAY too seriously.

PS: I think there is another message board where the happy, successful MTs go, but you have to pay to join it.

JMO, your last sentence repeats what others have said, that - discussions by people who are making a living

[ In Reply To ..]
are ill mannered because they hurt the feelings of people who are not. That's absurd, of course, and you probably disagree yourself when stated that way; but it's become common for people who just come to talk about their work to be attacked as liars, MTSO agents, braggarts, or even actively hurtful by not portraying themselves as unable to earn money.

These all are dishonest labels used as weapons by what has become the dominant group here to attack anyone who doesn't join this aggressive, bitter, angry group that's mostly taken over MTStars.

If a post saying that your editing has plateaued at 375 LPH and asking what others are doing is hurtful and doesn't belong, there should be a place--right here on this MT forum--where it does. Where the question can be asked without drawing attack and having the thread hijacked by people who angry and resentful at the notion that 375 is even possible.

Right here on MTStars, the biggest, most successful MT community on the web. We do belong here too.

BTW, if I could be paid for all the hours I've spent here over the years encouraging, sympathizing, passing on my own hard-developed tips to others, the check would pay for a nice trip to Europe. Literally. Lack of sympathy and generosity in this community is not the problem. Lack of manners very much is.

Also BTW, who on earth here doesn't know we're hurting? That is also a dishonest attack. I doubt there's 1 in 50 out there who hasn't seen her or his income slashed. The 1 in 50 or whatever are welcome to come tell me they're still making what they did 10 years ago, though. That is INFORMATION and thus part of what I come here for.

Not an attack, truly. - (please SM)

[ In Reply To ..]
Suggesting we should be sensitive about how we say things isn't quite the same as saying you "don't belong here." I'm not sure how, but it looks like your post has been changed or edited...a few minutes ago, when I started typing this post (but got interrupted in the middle of it) I read the heading of your post to say something like I implied that your discussions "don't belong here," but it reads differently now. Maybe I'm losing it--LOL.

At any rate, I don't think that ANY honest opinions don't belong here, including those who want to gripe and complain or those who want to discuss their success. It's a free country. I just think that if we grown-ups don't recognize how our anonymous harsh words can be hurtful on a message board, how can we expect kids to be responsible about what they post on-line. We'd do well to keep in mind that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I guess my suggesting that we all be sensitive of each other doesn't matter....no matter how I say it, it seems to get misinterpreted.

Good luck to everyone here...I'm wishing us all well.
I did reread after posting and thought it sounded more - harsh than I intended. PleaseSM makes a pretty rea
[ In Reply To ..]
case for her point of view, but a few reasonable words here and there aren't going to fix this problem.

Note that no one is suggesting a "clean-up" of the content of MTStars. Unruly as it is, repellent as it is to so many who will not come here, it is by far the largest community of MTs in North America. We don't want to mess with that.

Not everyone has the stomach for this kind of brawl, though. The proposition is for a little corner where anyone can come and participate in pleasant chat with fellow MTs about their work. That's is what is to be gained--what we used to find here before things turned so bad for too many.
IMO, it is the nature of the beast, and will follow you anywhere. - You simply cannot stop it.
[ In Reply To ..]
If there is an MT Board anywhere on the world web, there are going to be negative posts, period. You cannot stop it. There will still be nasty comments and negative comments about this business or what other posters post. Heck, you can create 100 new MT boards, same thing. You simply cannot fix or control bad mannered people, and people everywhere, MT or otherwise, on any discussion board are going to see this. You are simply looking for a perfect world that does not exist.
I frequent other forums where EVERY post is courteous - and contributory. (Unfortunately,
[ In Reply To ..]
they're comparatively very slow, so best visited only every few days, and I get lonely in the meantime. Plus, the new posts are typically fair long but few.)

In this case, it is very much within the ability of the Moderator to limit flaming to all the rest of the boards.

Although a new board was suggested to as a place for "happy MTs," offending some, it really would just be a place to discuss work in a pleasant mannerly way--exactly like the other boards I mentioned, which ALL discuss the serious problems their participants are facing just like all of us. One board even considers the situation so bad that its continual message is to abandon this ship for other work altogether--ASAP. They pretty much lose me with that because those jobs just aren't nearby and I have nascent health issues that make me cautious, but at least they are talking about retraining in other fields, discussing the classes they're taking, discussing developments in the industry, just generally too busy taking care of themselves to be interested in attacking fellow MTs.

I actually think, though, that this very large, vital community at MTStars (which is always at critical mass!) could basically wipe the floor with those other boards if there were only a place here for that kind of mannered, reasonably thoughtful discussion to take place.
Actual happiness NOT required. After all, how on earth would you screen for entrance? :)
What?-Every post is courteous? - On site MT
[ In Reply To ..]
The continual message of a board that tells people to jump ship for other work ASAP doesn't sound as if it was written by someone with a positive attitde or someone who's doing well in their profession. A person needs to do what is right for them, not because someone tells them to do it, that's like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater when no fire is present. Why are you even considering leaving MT if you are so "happy and successful"? You know, MT Stars has a coding/billing board that is pretty popular, quite a few MTs seem to successfully be making that move. There are routine discussions about how VR and Epic are affecting the way we do our work. Unfortunately, for some, that has affected their income in a negative way, no one is going to be happy about that. I've also read a number of posts from people who found other jobs outside of MT and are going back to school, it's all here if you choose to look for it. I think you're seeing only what you want to see and hearing only what you want to hear, it's actually you who are focusing on the negativity.
Whew, that's a relief! - LOL, thanks....
[ In Reply To ..]
...for confirming that I'm not totally losing it! I appreciate you saying that you reread your post and (I assume) changed it a bit. I could've sworn it was different wording earlier, but I've proven to myself too many times in my life that I'm not always right -- LOL.

It seems to me that a lot of us are too isolated, without having flesh-and-blood coworkers with whom we can talk about our mutual issues, concerns, and triumphs. I guess some people thrive on isolation, but a lot of folks NEED human contact in their lives, and maybe that's making us all a little more touchy than we used to be. Again, I'm (mostly) just speaking for myself. :-)
Actually, this board does remind me of a crowd that when - pressed too close together becomes agitated
[ In Reply To ..]
and angry from invasion of personal space, on top of whatever brought them out. This forum occasionally erupts into violence and flames in the same way, too.

I hadn't thought about it before, but a busy, fast-moving thread is like a crowd, and replacing normal good manners with personal attacks would be an invasion of one's "emotional" personal space.

It's dead easy to start up your own web forum. - And then you set the rules.

[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone says anything you don't like - you zap the post and banish that no-good #$%@ to the Outer Darkness.

It shouldn't be too hard to administer a forum that's likely to have, what? 17 members?

Thanks for the chuckle - made my day

[ In Reply To ..]
Fantasy Land MTs where only positive MTs and unicorns congregate!

The 17 members includes the unicorns. 15 of them to be exact. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I'm sorry.... - On site MT

[ In Reply To ..]
But the "I'm happy and you're not" posts are becoming a little overdone now, IMO. It does sound a bit as if you are gloating and throwing it in people's faces. What is it that makes you so happy and so successful? Certainly you can share that with everyone without moving everything to your own message board. It's actually pretty easy to obtain your own web page without the moderator's help. Start an MT blog that people can read and share the link with those you think might be interested. I actually like to read all the posts, positive and negative, it's not necessary to respond or react to all of them, take it with a grain of salt and move on. I consider myself a happy person but we all have off days. People need somewhere to go to vent, especially people who work at home and may not have a lot of social contact. I know it's been said many times: No one forces us to come to MT Stars, we do it by choice. We're free to go elsewhere at any time if we don't like what is being said here.

So true, campaign lost because the moderator agrees. - We ALL lost those who would have come, tho. THE EN

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Campaign for what? This is truly ridiculous. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You want another MT Board? For what? You actually think there will be more posts to your liking on that board? No one is going to make negative comments on a new board? Get real.

Similar Messages:

Request To The Moderator
Jun 29, 2012

Moderator, I am fortunate enough to be a thriving MT and I would like to be able to hold conversations with my colleagues.  We don't have coworkers so this board is the closest thing to it and I would like to be able to discuss our advantages, disadvantages, compensation, etc., with the closest I'll come to a coworker without being abused.  I don't want to be called insensitive, a liar, a suit, etc., just because I am still a successful MT and would like to share it.&nbs ...

RE: REQUEST TO MODERATOR
Jul 03, 2012

We will not be creating a new board for "positive posts only."  You have the choice as to what posts you want to read.  If a post is too negative for you, simply do not read it.  Everyone has a right to their opinion.  I will continue to monitor for foul language, name calling, etc., but will not be trying to decipher what is too positive or too negative for your liking.  ...

Bringing This To The Top...
Oct 01, 2014

My TSM told me to call support, so I did.  Talked to a very nice gentleman who tried to clear the job & couldn't.  Told me he was escalating it to domestic(?!?).  So, I'm vacuuming & doing laundry in the meantime. ...

Bringing Up From Below
Feb 17, 2015

or TSA or HDSM or whoozit acronym.  Can you give initials? Want to see if it's my former PODMistress.  TIA ...

Bringing This To The Top. This Is The Letter I Have
Apr 14, 2012

so far.  It is a long one so please bear with me US DEPT OF LABOR RE MT To Whom It May Concern; I have been a medical transcriptionist for 16 years.  I have been working at home 14 of those 16 years.  When I started out working at home, I was offered 7-1/2 cpl.  I am now consistently offered 6-7 cpl for straight transcription and 3-4 cpl for editing.  I am lucky to make $20 a day.  That includes running out of work, the ridiculously low pay and the tons of accoun ...

Bringing Antitrust To The Top
Nov 23, 2012

Someone asked to explain what antitrust means.  Antitrust laws were put in place by the US government and are intended to prevent companies from controlling prices and reducing competition (i.e. monopoly).  Nuance is under investigation for violation of these laws.  Yes, as someone said, it will be tied up in the courts for a long time, but it doesn't mean nothing, contrary to what the poster said.  It means that there is enough evidence against Nuance to warrant in ...

Bringing The Qualified Text (QT) Subject Over Here.
Jan 14, 2012

I am under the impression that QT is canned text that we bring into the report and add text at certain spots when the dictator specifies? I used to do a lot of ophthalmology reports. Surgeon would say: Please insert my normal phacoemulsification with IOL implant. Then they would dictate which eye, how many diopters, model and size of lens, etc. Does QT also sometimes just show up on the report that comes up and then we just add what is dictated? How long does it take to bring in the QT? Than ...

Bringing Work Back To America
Mar 05, 2012

Not long ago I was watching a news story about several manufacturing companies that had found, after shipping work overseas and seeing quality drop precipitously, a way to bring the work back to U.S. soil that actually LOWERED their overhead, INCREASED quality, and RAISED their profits. One company in particular made some sort of an appliance that was assembled with quite a few screws that are put in by hand.  They shipped the work to China, and quality suffered.  They also had to hire a lo ...

Split Jobs Not Bringing In Demographics
Dec 31, 2013

Anyone else having this problem?  ...

Bringing Back To The Top, Has Anyone Heard From Script Time Medical Transcription?
Dec 21, 2010

NM ...

MODERATOR --
Oct 13, 2009

I am not sure if you are aware, but when i replied by e/m to a msg, the advertizing was in the way to where i could only see the right half of the text box in which I was writing.  Hope that can be fixed.  Thanks. ...

Moderator, Is There Any Way....
Oct 13, 2009

When posting a response to the OP, it could come directly under their post and not go to the bottom of the postings in that particular list? When a new post comes in, could it be highlighted at the top of the page like it was before? I think people actually like seeing those there so if of interest they can respond then. I know I did. I guess this is here to stay but gosh, with my old eyes I am having trouble seeing the cryptic letters to put in when I post something which means I sometimes ha ...

Moderator:
Oct 20, 2009

Can you tell me what happened to my post from yesterday, 10/19?  It was there in the afternoon and now gone this morning, the day after.  Thanks!  ...

To Moderator Re:
Jul 10, 2010

The Edit/Delete option only allows one to Edit a post.  The option to Delete one's own post is not available. Is this a permanent thing?  Or mabye part of the backup/lost post issue?  Will the Delete option be restored? Thank you. ...

MODERATOR - YOU NEED TO GET RID OF AD.......
Aug 22, 2012

Three times today an ad for FilipinoCupid.com for singles has popped up.  I really do not want to look at this. ...

FOR MODERATOR
Jan 30, 2014

The amount of ads on these boards is getting ridiculous.  Today there are ads for sex chat girls.  Highly offensive.  ...

Cannot Request MT Over ME Or ME Or MT
Nov 12, 2009

Up until today I had been keeping my head above water because I was an MT>ME, meaning I got all the typing jobs first and then got ASR.  Well, today we got served a notice that those requests are no longer being honored and everything is going into one big pool.  Just when I think things can't get any worse- THEY DO!  ...

Another Request For Help
Dec 16, 2010

s/ll....The patient was admitted from the clinic where CT "visuals" showed recurrence of disease.  Could 'visuals' be correct?  I'm new to the world of MT, and the foreign doctors are so dang hard to understand.  Thanks for the help...I'm so glad to have found this site. Cindy ...

A Request If Possible
Jun 05, 2012

Good afternoon, everyone. I have a request if it is possible.  Is there anyone here who knows a lot of the companies who I could discuss via e-mail ?  I am hesitant to discuss some of the things I am curious about because I don't want to offend anyone or get banned.  If this is not possible, I understand.  I just have some questions about some of the companies before I decide to apply and someone who knows most of them could really be helpful. Thank you everyone, I app ...

A Request From An MME
Aug 06, 2012

I just typed three-quarters of a report out because the MT gave up after doing a quarter of it.  This wasn't sent by accident because there was a QA not stating that she couldn't understand the dictator.  I'm not angry, but want to relay that if you really can't understand the dictator, either push on through to the end or, as a last resort, break it and let your CCM know immediately with the job number.  You will lose anything you type, but that's the pri ...

VR Board- Moderator
Oct 19, 2009

I was able to get to the VR board only once and cannot get back. When I go that particular board nothing comes up now whereas it did at first. ...

Moderator..question Please
Oct 21, 2009

Why do I not see a link that I've added to a post? Am I just missing it? TIA ...

To Moderator: I'm The One Who Posted The
Dec 12, 2009

question below about how to remove a word from spell check.  Just wondering why it was moved to the technical board....I need to know specifically how to do this in Docuscribe, which is a MQ program.  I guess I should have been more specific.  :) ...

Moderator Question
Jan 18, 2010

Hi Moderator,   I posted an answer to someone on the Newbie Board on 01/17/2010, basically just congratulating the person who just finished school.   I received an email because of my above posting from Tonya (mitchemconsulting@msn.com) saying she MAY be hiring in the future and pay is low but to send my resume.   I wasn't looking for a job, just congratulating the poster.    Do you know how this Tonya person got my email?   Just curious.   Tha ...

To Moderator - Can We Have An IC Board?
May 21, 2010

It would be interesting and informative to have a board for ICs for questions, answers, etc.  JMO - I would like to see this. ...

Moderator - Isn't It Time Sm
Mar 07, 2012

for a Nuance Board? ...

Attention Moderator?
Apr 21, 2014

Please note the posts in re:  KEYS THAT PLEASE. This company *may* be legitimate but they are requesting as part of a test process files up to 32 minutes long, that I believe are *also* current files. A lot of newer MTs (and even not so new) may not realize this can be a red flag for scammers - people looking to get a backlog cleared up for 'free' under the guise of hiring for a true position. Could you consider posting a warning to all posters to be careful about t ...

Question For The Moderator
Jun 09, 2014

How did my employer know I posted on this board?  I was sent an email through the company's email system responding to a question I posed here.  How did they know my name?  Are our email addresses being given out?  I did not respond by email or in any way indicate my identity.  Is this not an anonymous board?  What's going on?  If I'm no longer anonymous, how can I feel safe posting here? ...

Thank You, Moderator, For Wishing Us All
Dec 28, 2014

I just realized that you might not have received a thank-you for the pretty graphic with "Merry Christmas" on it.  I appreciate you for all you do to keep these boards up and running.  It's a thankless job, I'm sure.  ...

Can You Request ASR Only When Working For MQ?
Dec 10, 2010

I would like to work on ASR only and not do regular typing due to hand pain.  Does MQ give you ASR only if you request it or do they make you do both?  Appreciate any answers. ...