A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cell phone dictations - me

Posted: Dec 29, 2012

As long as you (doc) dictate on a cell phone, I PROMISE to leave blanks in your reports!!  RIDICULOUS!  This company does not pay us enuf to struggle through that crap.  Blankity, blank, blank, blank...

As a bonus... sm - <-- sarcasm.

[ In Reply To ..]
poor reception slows us down, and those blanks you spoke of go towards our QA submission rate, which basically penalizes *us.* Dontcha love it?

cell phone dictation - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Then the docs should be charged TRIPLE for dictating those stupid things. I just don't care. As a coworker once so eloquently put on a doctor's dictation once upon a time..."I AM NOT PROFICIENT IN GIBBERISH!" This is certainly a dying industry, one I am hopeful to get out of.

Cell phone dictations - FloridaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have/had at least one of those with Transcend. Mentioned it to them a few times to please tell him to stop dictating in the car, but it never worked. I could even tell when he was going over a bridge (Florida acct) because of the sound the tires make when you go over a bridge. I agree, ridiculous. Do they know someone is trying to make a living listening to their garbage???

Similar Messages:

Cell Phone Dictation :p
Jul 21, 2012

I know someone recently talked about this here, but just thought I'd ask how common is this now?  My last account, which I lost to offshoring, had about 5% cell phone dictators, but this new account seems to have over 20%.  It's driving me crazy - tearing my hair out - almost bald at this point.  :P    ...

Cell Phone Dictation
Sep 28, 2012

What do you do when you have a bunch of dictators who are using cell phones, causing you to leave a bunch of spaces,  and your MTSO refuses to address the problem? ...

Anyone Get Their Cell Phone Discount?
May 19, 2014

I signed up back in February because supposedly Mmodal through JP Morgan was offering discounts on cell phone plans. They sent an email directing us to the website that is being used currently for the MT week stuff. I signed up and was supposed to receive 25% off but it is now May and I am still waiting to see a difference on my bill. Was this a joke? Was this only for corporate people? ...

Cell Phone Discount
May 22, 2014

Does anyone know if Verizon offers us a discount? TIA ...

Cell Phone Discount Thru MModal
May 22, 2014

I saw a post on here the other day regarding discounts thru MModal thru JP Morgan and immediately called my cell phone carrier.  I had to give them my work email so they could verify.  I did have to change the cell phone bill into my name, which meant getting a new account.  It took quite a while, but worth it as I was eligible for a 23% discount on my data package, which they say is the most expensive part of the bill.  Hey, any savings nowadays is worth an hour on the ...

How Do You Report A Doctor For Dictating On A Cell Phone?
Jan 04, 2010

He's been told and told not to do this and he still does it.  Isn't that  HIPAA violation, since cell phones are not secure? ...

Best Clients Ever. He Just Redictated A Cell Phone Dictation
Apr 02, 2012

I have the nicest clients ever. After contacting office staff that the physician's dictation was problematic due to the cell phone used, the physician redictated this on a landline. Wow! Nicest ever! I thought I was going to be up all night deciphering this, as this particular cell phone recorded extremely bad. He did not even wait for the prior to come in with potential blanks but redictated it. This is the same client I have that reinstalled their landline after installing a VOiP system t ...

Cell Phone Dictation Barely Audible
Jul 24, 2012

I just had the worst cell phone dictation in my life, about 6 pages long, barely audible, lots of static, and there's more to come now.  I wrote a note to the hospital, but I'm sure it'll be ignored.  Anyone have any luck complaining about this?  It's a nightmare. ...

Does C-phone Work With Cable Phone Line
May 11, 2015

I am thinking about switching my current phone line and going with a bundle deal for our second house.  Does Dictaphone C-phone work through a cable phone line?  I still have the copper wiring at my primary home because I was afraid to switch it so didn't include the phone service in our cable package there.  Thanks!    ...

C-phone With Digital Phone Line
Jun 06, 2012

Anyone know if the C-phone will work with a digital phone line ? (I think it's also called a VOiP line).  I'm moving to a new place that has a digital line & don't know if I should have a regular phone line installed instead. Thanks for any help. ...

25 Second Dictations
Apr 13, 2010

For the past 2 days, I have been on an account with very short dictations - clinic notes that average between 7 and 30 lines.  I am making less than minimum wage - it takes a certain amount of time just to do the ADT info and of course they are all ESL doctors.  I don't have a primary and I certainly hope this account doesn't end up as my primary.  Anyone have any tips on how to make money on these short little dictations? ...

Dictations
Mar 19, 2014

Why is it that not taken into the equation of our pay is the fact that most residents, PAs, CNP, CNM, etc., do not pronunciate, have correct grammar, or the fact that they just don't dictate adequately in general?  I spend way too much time looking up, confirming, trying to figure out what they are saying as they laugh, slur, set the phone down under paperwork while flipping through charts and sign papers (can hear this often), or constantly move the phone around where all I hear is cr ...

Kids In Dictations
Oct 24, 2009

I just got done with a job where for the last minute the kid kept saying "daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daaaaaddddy, daaaddddy... etc" for literally over a minute.  He just kept on talking like it was nothing.  I on the other hand was telling the kid to be quiet!!!  Don't think he heard me! ...

Can't Understand Dictations
Jul 17, 2012

Hi! I am currently taking my MT final. My problem is, I am having LOTS of trouble understanding some of the dictations. Is there any tips/tricks to help understand some words that are dictated? Thanks! ...

Dictations With Templates
Jan 14, 2013

When you have a dictation with a template that you have to pull in and it is ASR (why they ASR this is beyond me) do you hit the F11 to clear it out since it takes longer to move junk around. ...

Recording Dictations
Aug 02, 2013

Seriously, I wonder if there is a way to record these dictations. I would LOVE to hear for myself the "errors" QA/QC are always finding and putting into Fiesa. The fact that we are not provided with proof of these "errors" really concerns me. Please Nuance bigwigs, prove to me that QA/QC isn't making things up or hearing things wrong. Really, are we to believe that we are the only ones making mistakes, that they always have perfect hearing? I want proof! ...

Partial Dictations
Jun 22, 2014

I think all dictations at Nuance should be partial dictation worktype. Wtih "partial dictations, you don't have to do as much checking of demographics, figuring out date of service and filling that in, etc., and not having to pend and leave comments so mcuh. I notice I'm about 75 lines faster an hour when it's partial dictations because there's less outside-the-report activity to be done. This is extra activity we dont' even get paid for. After all, MTs are only paid ...

AT&T Phone That Is NOT A Smart Phone?
Aug 07, 2011

Daughter needs a need phone.  Don't want to have to buy a data plan.  What is NOT a Smart Phone these days, but has a full keyboard for texting?  Thanks. ...

Mistakes In Normal Dictations
Jan 20, 2010

At my company (a smaller one) there are a lot of mistakes in the normal dictations that the doctors request.  The way they are created in the first place is the transcriptionist types up the report and sends it to QA saying the doctor would like to use this in the future for his normal, but I don't think they get reviewed by QA.  I think they just get created the way they are.  So if it was a right eye, the word right is there all the way through it.  If a word is misspe ...

Sample Dictations In Neuroradiology
Feb 02, 2010

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/smd/Rad/ndictation.htm#MR_Brain   ...

What Is With These Doctors Who Just Slur Through Their Dictations?
Apr 17, 2012

Oh my gosh.  It's driving me crazy.  I end up making about 8 dollars an hour trying to interpret these jerks. Why can't they slow down and realize the quality of what they're doing? ...

Can Barely Hear Dictations
May 08, 2013

As of yesterday, I can barely hear some of the dictations. Am I the only one? I hate it when I have to struggle to make out what in the hell some rapidly-speaking ESL doctor is saying! ...

Foreign Doctor Dictations
Aug 28, 2013

Is anyone else at Nuance getting foreign doctor dictations constantly during their shift? I do not mind doing a few at a time but having to do a full shift of foreign doctors is getting very trying. Thanks! ...

Almost All The Dictations Suck Today
Jan 15, 2014

What is going on?  So far, almost all of the reports I've received have been murky, fuzzy, hard-to-understand dictations, the kind where it sounds like they've been dictated under water.  I can take one now and then. but when it's one after the other, it starts to get annoying.  ...

Great Dictations Make Me Sad : (
Apr 16, 2014

Every time I get a stellar report I go through the mourning process, because I know if they're great for me I won't be getting them again.  Bummer! ...

Fuzzy Dictations Today - Am I The Only One?
Mar 11, 2015

Almost all the dictations are coming through so muffled, I can't tell "S" from "F" and not even sure I'm hearing TIA correctly, which you'd think would be obvious.  The dictators themselves are okay, but the quality of the sound is really bad. ...

Short Dictations = Minimum Wage
Jul 13, 2012

Worked as an IC 20+ years. Now having to work for a service. The account I do rarely has a dictation longer than one minute. It takes It takes a LOT longer to research, log demographics than it does to actually transcribe. At home I did 1200 to 1800 lines a day. With this account I can't even do one third of that! The doctors apparently have no idea that their MTs are in different parts of the US, that we have to research the spelling of doctor's names, counties, cities, faciliti ...

SICK Of Retranscribing Whole SR Dictations For HALF PAY!!
Aug 01, 2012

Yeah, it came in like: "Within the belfry San Francisco heated the tripod and pumpkin blazed with endometriosis...." The WHOLE report didn't have three words consecutively that made the least bit of sense or had anything to do with what was dictated. "Fix" it?  You gotta be kidding.  Wipe it out and transcribe as dictated, you mean.  Oh, and here's your half line rate, thanks! You SR transcription companies MAKE ME SICK.   ...

Listening To Old Dictations And Error Message?
Apr 01, 2013

I tried to go back and listen to a dictation that I got docked on in fiesa. I got an error message saying I needed Active-X which I installed, but still cannot get the audio to play. Any suggestions? is there someone I should contact about this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! ...

DQS Taking A LONG Time To Download Dictations?
Aug 02, 2010

Is anyone having problems with DQS taking a LONG time to download dictations?  This is ridiculous! ...