A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Diabetic patient test - klrc1969

Posted: Oct 30, 2011

Doctor dictates: "On initial evaluation, the patient was noted to have glucose of 560, with a bicarb of 11, and also has a (s/l something -demia) of 18%. The patient was subsequently admitted for further management."

I can't seem to find anything that would fit in the above space. It sounds like ?demia.

Does anybody have any clues for me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks alot.

Bandemia? Just a guess. - No msg.

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

patient diabetic test - klrc1969

[ In Reply To ..]
That's it!!! thanks so much!

Similar Messages:

Eye Drops S/l Asodun Or Sodun....? Patient Is A Diabetic
Nov 17, 2009

... ...

Patient First Test
Jan 13, 2015

I am trying to work this into my schedule, and I want to make sure I plan enough time.  Thanks! ...

Patient First Test - No Idea
Jan 17, 2015

I have no idea how I did because I don't know what they are looking for in their testing.  It is obvious they want to see how you handle difficult dictators.  I had to leave some blanks, which most companies would prefer you to do.  I just wonder how many people level several blanks in the test and still got hired?  I especially had to leave 2 or 3 blanks on the guy who whispers.  Turned the volume all the way up on my computer and still could not make out parts of his dictation wit ...

Knee Exam - "Patient Has An **A1** Lachman's Test
Aug 14, 2011

x ...

I Just Received A Test File In Unencryped Email With Patient Information
Feb 22, 2010

It's from just an individual, but with patient name, DOB, and MRN # in it, I think it's a HIPAA violation.  I am not going to do the test or finish it because I've decided she's a risk. Did anyone else receive a similar test? ...

Knee Exam - "Patient Was Unable To Tolerate A S/l **prone Bow** Or **val** Test.
Aug 28, 2011

x ...

The Patient Has A Negative "speciley" Test Of The Knee?? Anyone Know? Nm
Jan 30, 2015

nm ...

Name Of Diabetic Med
Jul 28, 2011

Is Diabetica the name of a diabetic medication? ...

(___) Strips Used For A Diabetic
Jan 12, 2011

Hello! :) The doctor dictated something that sounds like "astake" strips, and I'm completely stumped. The patient is a type 2 diabetic, and the sentence context is: "She will continue NPH 50 in the morning and then change her to NovoLog 8 in the morning, 8 in the evening. I refilled her (astake???) strips. Please help! ~Lotte  ...

Diabetic Word Help Please
Mar 11, 2011

This seems to be my week for needing help with words.  I'm definitely hearing the doctor say "glibuteride" but I can't find any such medication.  I'm thinking he's mispronouncing it, but can't figure out what it is. ...

Diabetic ______
Mar 31, 2011

Dr. giving past medical history, includes "...diabetic (s/l) low-sis coal-eye".  Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Diabetic Liponecrosis
Jul 13, 2011

Has anyone heard of diabetic liponecrosis? I'm not sure I'm hearing the doctor right. The patient has had painful nodules removed from her buttocks and now she has a recurrence of "diabetic liponecrosis."  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!! ...

S/l Diabetic-represis
Jun 24, 2012

"...Procardia which she bites to release the liquid, as she is diabetic s/l 'dash represis,'  and I thought that maybe she is not absorbing her antibhypertensives." ...

Unfamiliar Diabetic Term
Apr 21, 2011

In the diagnosis section of the consultation report, the doctor dictates: "Uncontrolled hyperglycemia/HH and K." My first thought would be hemoglobin and hematocrit and potassium, but he doesn't give me enough information in the rest of the report to be certain of this.  The only values he gives are a blood sugar of 730 and a hemoglobin of 14.7.  Any thoughts on this? ...

Diabetic Ghetto Acidosis (nm)
Sep 10, 2011

As A Diabetic, Some Of These Residents/interns Are Scary
Oct 18, 2011

Just had one dictate that this teenager took:  Insulin 300-unit meal bolus plus 1 unit per 15 g carbs.  Considering 300 units is a whole vial, that could be deadly.  Looking back at old records it was supposed to be:  Insulin 300 units/3 mL.  Meal bolus: 1 unit per 15 g carbs. ...

Word Diabetic Foot Ulcer
Oct 12, 2013

I am looking for help with a word -- s/l diabetic heel ulceration with "esclarification" anyone? ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Type 2 Diabetic Is Due For Her "DWOP" Labs
Feb 03, 2010

Thanks ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...