A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient First test - approximately how long does it take

Posted: Jan 13, 2015

I am trying to work this into my schedule, and I want to make sure I plan enough time.  Thanks!

The initial test on-line? If so, that varies from person to person - took me about 2 hours.SM

[ In Reply To ..]
But someone else could have completed it in an hour or an hour and a half and maybe someone who is really particular could take 2-12 hours. But took me 2 hours. The test is difficult so you really should not try to squeeze it in. Wait and do it when you have plenty of time and don't have to rush. I cant remember if it was timed or not. Good luck.

meant 2-1/2 not 2-12 - oops.

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks for your response - Just the info I was looking for (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
PS - You do not have to do the test all in 1 sitting. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Diabetic Patient Test
Oct 30, 2011

Doctor dictates: "On initial evaluation, the patient was noted to have glucose of 560, with a bicarb of 11, and also has a (s/l something -demia) of 18%. The patient was subsequently admitted for further management." I can't seem to find anything that would fit in the above space. It sounds like ?demia. Does anybody have any clues for me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks alot. ...

Patient First Test - No Idea
Jan 17, 2015

I have no idea how I did because I don't know what they are looking for in their testing.  It is obvious they want to see how you handle difficult dictators.  I had to leave some blanks, which most companies would prefer you to do.  I just wonder how many people level several blanks in the test and still got hired?  I especially had to leave 2 or 3 blanks on the guy who whispers.  Turned the volume all the way up on my computer and still could not make out parts of his dictation wit ...

Knee Exam - "Patient Has An **A1** Lachman's Test
Aug 14, 2011

x ...

I Just Received A Test File In Unencryped Email With Patient Information
Feb 22, 2010

It's from just an individual, but with patient name, DOB, and MRN # in it, I think it's a HIPAA violation.  I am not going to do the test or finish it because I've decided she's a risk. Did anyone else receive a similar test? ...

Knee Exam - "Patient Was Unable To Tolerate A S/l **prone Bow** Or **val** Test.
Aug 28, 2011

x ...

The Patient Has A Negative "speciley" Test Of The Knee?? Anyone Know? Nm
Jan 30, 2015

nm ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

Patient Name
Jun 03, 2010

If the client profile makes no mention of patient name (yes or no) being left in the report, account does not specify verbatim, is the ADHI/JCAHO directive to type the patient's name or replace with "the patient?"  Just checkin'.  Am paranoid about everything with the audits these days.  ...

Doc Says About Patient-
Sep 01, 2010

Man, I wish he was my doctor.  He seems to really care for his patients. ...

Patient Age
Jul 31, 2012

what is correct format when transcribing pt name:  16 1/2 years, 16.5 years, or sixteen and one-half years?  Thanks. ...

Patient Is A What?
Aug 05, 2012

I swear to all that is holy, this is what this less-than-stellar PA just dictated:   "The patient IS a high-risk gestational trophoblastic disease..."  I went back and listened thinking I must have heard wrong and she said patient HAS ... Nope.  She said IS.  This is the same PA who dictated a creatinine of 92 for someone.   That sound you hear is me hitting my head on the desk. ...

MS Patient
Sep 24, 2012

The sentence is: Relapsing-remitting MS with accumulated disability involving left hemiparesis, clincally stable on Tysabri and S/L JCE negative. I hear the negative part, not sure if he is saying JCE?  Thanks for any help! ...

Patient's Age
Sep 26, 2012

When given a young patient's age, one of my doctors will say "the patient is 9+11 years old."  I have never heard a patient's age dictated this way before and I'm just wondering if anyone else has.  ...

Patient First Pay
Feb 02, 2014

Has anyone worked for Patient First company? They have several urgent care clinics in eastern US. If so, may I ask your starting pay? Are they a good company to work for? Do they keep a FT position in plenty of work? Thanks ...

Patient First FYI
Jun 11, 2014

Just FYI....I applied to PF about 3-4 months ago. Took the transcription test, thought I did great, never heard a word. Today out of the blue, got a call that I had done great on testing and they would like to offer me a position.  I said thanks but no thanks since I'm no longer looking for a job. She told me that they are currently looking for lots of MTs due to opening several new facilities. Just thought I would pass this along to anyone who is interested in jumping on and taking ...

What's Going On At Patient First?
Feb 19, 2015

There are indeed a lot of jobs posted for support positions. ...

Lab Test Name
Oct 22, 2009

Sounds like CCSR~sound familiar to anyone, because I can't confirm it and I have never heard of it. TIA! ...

S/l G-lie-a-test
Nov 08, 2009

This is in the patient's medication list. Doctor says "s/l g-lie-a-test as needed". The patient has severe dementia, hypertension, history of aggressive sexual behavior at nursing home and glaucoma.  His other medications include lorazepam and Xalatan drops. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

3T4 Test
Dec 16, 2009

Is that right, and is that how it should be typed out? thanks. ...