A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MD-IT - Got an email inviting me to test - WWYD

Posted: May 03, 2012

Got an email inviting me to test, but am already slated to start with another big MTSO in two weeks, that seems to be a nice company. Anybody have any recent experience at MD-IT they would care to share? Decent company? Good pay? Accounts? Thank ya'll so much in advance for any information you'd care to share.

Working with them now, absolutely love them and the accts. nm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Funny how nobody knew the company and now it is wonderful to work for?! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Questions were asked about this company below and nobody knew of the company, but now oh, wonderful. Is 3-4 cents still wonderful? When did below minimum wage become wonderful?

Because I saw this one first and figured I answered the question sm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
And I don't make 3-4 cents, I make more than double that.

They are made up into areas now, East, SW, NW, etc, and some are SR and some are straight typing. All depends on what area you are in and what accounts you are put on.

I personally enjoy working there and don't have issues with cherry picking. I think that would depend on who your boss is.

To Funny how nobody ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Negative people please stay off the board. You're wasting our time.
Sometimes negative people have something legit to say - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
bah to your stay off the board comment!
Need to get facts straight to be "legit" - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I work for MD-IT and can confirm that they pay well over 3-4 cpl. Love the work, too!
well in this case they didn't so the - SHOO applies
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
anon--I think our Constitution protects ALL of us.Excuse me! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Evidently 'You Can't Handle The Truth.' Rude people seem to exist also on this board.

Not everyone comes to this board on a regular - basis, just because it has been

[ In Reply To ..]
posted before and nobody answered, does not mean nobody knew anything about the company, maybe the people who worked there were not on this board when questions were posted before.

MD-IT - MDITMT

[ In Reply To ..]
MD-IT is made up of multiple individual offices, so the experience varies depending on what office you work for. Someone below mentioned Transform, but Transform is just one of the many that makes up the company. Unless they have streamlined things, it used to be each company still priced their lines.

BTW to the snarky person, they don't pay 3-4 cpl :) It's higher, much higher in some cases.

I worked for them - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
When I started there in 2008, it was straight typing, 8 cents a line. I loved it. I did surgery clinics. Easy stuff. They loaded their platform onto my own PC and the platform was based on MS Word 2002 or 2003. I would have happily stayed there but after a few months I realized there was rampant cherry picking going on and no one would put a stop to it. I have recently heard from a former coworker that they are now going to SR and they are going to use the MModal SR engine.

MD-IT - info

[ In Reply To ..]
Has been a good company to work for because the pay was good.

They are now moving everything to SR and pay is going way down same as all the other companies.........

SR - MDITMT

[ In Reply To ..]
They have been doing SR for well over a year now. They pay higher than anyone else I've seen for SR. They have a mentoring program that is PHENOMENAL in helping you make money on SR.

then I guess it's only just coming to the region I worked for - and yes I loved it there too

[ In Reply To ..]
except for the cherry picking and fighting. That I could not take.

SR - MDIT - info

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes its true they have done SR for a few years.

But they are moving to mmodal for everything and the pay will no longer be good.

It is dropping in half to 0.04 cpl like all the others.....
so is the platform changing too? - inquiring minds
[ In Reply To ..]
are they going to use DocQScribe?
their platform is not changing - MDITMT
[ In Reply To ..]
They are using Mmodal for SR.

Their bonus for SR makes it so you can do well on SR. I make nearly 8 cpl for SR.
SR - MDIT - corrected info - SRMT
[ In Reply To ..]
The SR cpl other companies pay is all you get. Here the 0.04 cpl is just the base rate and then you can earn a variety of bonuses per report. Have made on the avg 0.06 cpl.

Phenomenal? - Ex-MD-IT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
My mentor was anything but phenomenal. I applied for a clinic position they had open, but they put me in acute care. I was put on mentoring after the second pay period because I was not meeting the minimums and I refused to "correct" my timecard. My mentor said there was no reason I should not be meeting my minimums, suggested that I was taking time to care for children or doing laundry when I should be working. I was starting work at 2 am and had no distractions. I was just thrown 3 new acute care accounts at once and hadn't done acute care for over 3 years and had never done editing on M-Modal before, so of course I had a learning curve. She gave me absolutely tips or anything to help me. Basically told me there was no way I was working 8 hours a day if I wasn't hitting my minimums. Horribly rude lady. Quitting signing in for my mentoring sessions after the 3rd one. Never once did she check in with me to find out why or to see how I was doing.
Phenomenal - MDITMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I do have to say, if you can't clear 1200 lines of SR in an 8-hour day, there *IS* an issue. That's only 150 lines an hour and that's like 1-2 reports in acute care.

No company is the perfect fit for everyone. I'm happy to have found the company when I did because I've flourished and done extremely well there.

I hope you're able to find a better fit for your skill set.
Thanks, I have found a much better place. - No lack of skill set...
[ In Reply To ..]
I had no problem meeting the 1200 lines most days, was actually doing 1700-2000 many days by my 4th week. They just seemed to expect you to get there right away. There was no learning curve. As I said, it was my second paycheck (third week on the job) that they mentioned I wasn't hitting the requirements. There were many reasons for that including having to learn 3 new accounts/doctors; started using a new expander, so spending much time entering in new entries; many days was getting stuck with a lot of long straight transcription jobs that others were skipping over; and also the primary account they assigned me had a lot of short reports that only gave 8-10 lines each. Took longer to find the patient and enter correct demographics than to transcribe the reports, which again, were often straight transcription for 6 cpl. Once I was feeling good and finally hitting the above the required counts, I was moved to 2 new accounts and my counts again dropped.

That is not the point, however. Their mentoring, in my opinion, was far from phenomenal and rather than blaming me for doing other things such as laundry, cleaning house, taking care of kids, etc., shouldn't the mentor have actually tried to have helped? She offered no help, just blame.

But as you said, no company is for everyone. I am happy with my new acute care account and have had no problems meeting my line counts and no longer have to deal with cherrypickers, so it was all for the best.

I also work there - MDITMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
I also work at MD-IT, have been there for about a year, and I like it. System is easy to use, supervisor is nice, and have not experienced the lack of work that seems to run with the big companies. Yes, things are going to change more in the SR direction, and that makes me nervous, but where can you find a job that is M-F, has benefits, and bonuses for over production? The reason why maybe some people never post is all the negativity that gets put on this board, snarkiness as you say, and it ends up being a long string of gripes that have nothing to do with the original post. What a shame that this board has turned into that.

Similar Messages:

Email To Test
May 05, 2012

I received an email from M-Modal to test for an MT position. I currently work at Nuance. Is the grass any greener at M-Modal? Do they have plenty of work? Are the benefits decent? Any info would be greatly appreciated so I can make an informed decision. Thanks! ...

Wow!! I Just Got The Invitation To Test Email From
Jun 18, 2013

Sten-Tel.  I so want to email them and tell them the pay they offer is absolutely ridiculous.  And to want someone to test and go through all that just for 5 cpl?  Are they kidding?  Oh I would love to say that, but I won't. ...

Got The Email About Taking The Test Already!!
Mar 11, 2014

excited! ...

Anyone Ever Get Test Files Vis Email That Won't Play?
May 06, 2010

x ...

Test Email Send Out By Imedx This A.m. If You (sm)
Feb 03, 2015

didn't get it, you should contact your supervisor.  It seems there are many people who are not getting their emails.  They are probably trying to fix it. ...

I Just Received A Test File In Unencryped Email With Patient Information
Feb 22, 2010

It's from just an individual, but with patient name, DOB, and MRN # in it, I think it's a HIPAA violation.  I am not going to do the test or finish it because I've decided she's a risk. Did anyone else receive a similar test? ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Trying To Email 360 Transcription With Their Email
Mar 23, 2015

and it says there is no such address.  Anyone else having trouble like that? ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

New Email Regarding The "migartion" Of Email.
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

Lab Test Name
Oct 22, 2009

Sounds like CCSR~sound familiar to anyone, because I can't confirm it and I have never heard of it. TIA! ...

S/l G-lie-a-test
Nov 08, 2009

This is in the patient's medication list. Doctor says "s/l g-lie-a-test as needed". The patient has severe dementia, hypertension, history of aggressive sexual behavior at nursing home and glaucoma.  His other medications include lorazepam and Xalatan drops. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

3T4 Test
Dec 16, 2009

Is that right, and is that how it should be typed out? thanks. ...

The CMT *test* Is Not To See How Much You Know, But
Mar 31, 2010

If any employer wants us to have that silly so-called "certification", they'll have to do a lot better than .05 cpl (or less) added to our pay for it.  Show us the MONEY first. ...

Lab Test Pro-on
May 25, 2010

Hi could somebody help me out with the lab test sounds like pro-one, but  I am unable to verify it on google. Is it Pro-1, pro-1, Pro-One or what? ...

Another Test
May 25, 2010

He was also negative for HIV s/l EFB.  ...

This Job Is A Test . . . It Is Only A Test
Jul 19, 2010

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!! ...

Anyone Taken The MME Test?
Sep 01, 2010

Just curious what I might be up against if I tried it.  I've done this for roughly 12 yrs but a friend (who has been at it longer than me) failed the first part. ...

Has Anyone Taken The MME Test
Oct 08, 2010

I am going to apply for MME, and I guess then you get an invitation to take the test.  Does anyone know about this test?  Do they expect you to proof the documents from begnning to end or just fill in blanks?  Any other information would be great as welll. ...

Lab Test Help, Please!
Nov 29, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a test that s/l antiglumera BMAB?  It comes at the end of a long list of rheumatologic lab tests. ...