A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anyone ever get test files vis email that won't play? - NM anon

Posted: May 06, 2010

x

to clarify - this were test files for job opening. - NM anon

[ In Reply To ..]

Yes, I did - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It wasn't a very good offere to begin with and I had about 4 tests to do in 2 days, so I didn't do it... too bad for them.

Test Files - Trying to Help

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes it will work if you rename the file. For example if the files you work with are named testfile.wma and the test file you received has something different after the . then take it out and put in wma and it should work. If you do not already receive files this way and have no example, then I am at a loss. It is hard to explain, but my IT guy showed me this and it has worked several times for me. If not this, then maybe a glitch with your foot pedal.

pedal is okay, WAV file, do not see dot.anything there. gave up, poor - example of what lies ahead probably.

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks anyway

just found old test (WAV) files from last year and those work, so not my system. - I guess. oh well...

[ In Reply To ..]
another one bites the dust.

file - tootsie

[ In Reply To ..]
if the file for testing does not have a .wav, .wma or .anything, that is the reason why it will not play for you. your audio player does not recognize it as a file that has audio. it cannot open it without the .wav or something behind it. send an email to whomever sent it to you and explain that to them. It is not your fault, it is theirs. Why just give up. Tell them. They cannot fix something they do not know about. Good luck to you!

Similar Messages:

How Do You Play Mp3 Files
Jan 30, 2012

I downloaded test files and a trial version of the MS Word they want the reports typed in.  I am having problems now figuring out how to play the MP3 files.  Brain freeze, I guess.  Do I have to unzip or do "something" with them to get them to play?  Thanks so much. ...

Can You Play Wav Files On Windows 7?
Mar 15, 2010

I went from Windows XP to Windows 7 and now cannot play any wav voice files.  Anybody know how to enable wav files on Windows 7? ...

Sotware To Play DS2 Files
Jul 04, 2011

hi, all.  any recommendations on the best/cost effective software to purchase that plays ds2 files? i just have express scribe currently. thanks in advance!   crystal ...

Convert DVF Files So Can Play With Wav Pedal
Jun 19, 2010

I am having trouble converting a DVF file so that I can play with my Wav pedal. My computer will download to a HTML file. Neither file can I open with the Wav. I have installed Express Scribe and still no luck opening the file. Any ideas. Thanks to all. ...

Media Player Won't Play .wav Files
May 22, 2012

My media player stopped playing .wav files and now I cannot test with anyone because I cannot get it to work on either my XP computer or my Windows 7 computer.  I googled it and it seems like a lot of people are having the same problems but I cannot fix mine.  Anyone else have/had this problem? ...

Express Scribe Will NOT Play DSS Files!
Jun 24, 2012

I am upgrading to a new computer finally with Windows 7 and IE9.  I was thrilled when everything was loading up fine-but the new version of Express Scribe will NOT play DSS files!  I have a USB-1 pedal, but this new free version they have insists on us buying their $70 pedal OR their Pro version of Express scribe for $30 (on sale).  I am furious!  Anyone get this newer version to work w/o buying anything?  Thanks in advance! ...

Help! Audio Player That Can Play Dss, Wav, Mp3 Files
Jul 20, 2012

Ok, I'm a new at-home transcriptionist after working inhouse for years, and I am starting a new job soon but I'm confused.  I was told I need an audio player that plays dss, wav, mp3 files.  Can the free version of Express Scribe do this, or do I need the Pro version?  Are there any other free audio players I can download?  Sorry if this is a stupid question!   ...

Olympus DSS Standard Player V1.0 To Play Ds2 Files
Dec 31, 2010

I am typing ds2 files and am using the above player which the olympus representative said was created to play ds2 files.  however, I have tried taken the file from the place it was sent to me and it seemed to import into Folder A.  But the file never could be seen in Folder A or the transcriptionist Tray.  I did this many many many times with the same result.  The Olympus rep told me to go to the message folder and copy and paste it into Folder A.  I then could see it in ...

Synernet Testing.. Can't Get Voice Files To Play
Jun 10, 2015

One of those MTtest sites.  Called their help desk and they said a lot of people have trouble, not to worry and try this.   I tried that.  Nothing.  They said to call back and they would work it out.  I don't know if this is worth it.  The testing portions were fine, went quickly but just trying to get the transcription part up is time consuming and frustrating.  Anyone else have problems with this? ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

Anything Other Than ExpressScribe To Playback Test Files?
Feb 25, 2014

Apparently, and I did not know this since I have not used it in a long time, it is no longer free to use with a footpedal.  I know I can play it back in Windows Media, but again, I cannot control it and it takes to long to transcribe anything. ...

Email To Test
May 05, 2012

I received an email from M-Modal to test for an MT position. I currently work at Nuance. Is the grass any greener at M-Modal? Do they have plenty of work? Are the benefits decent? Any info would be greatly appreciated so I can make an informed decision. Thanks! ...

MD-IT - Got An Email Inviting Me To Test
May 03, 2012

Got an email inviting me to test, but am already slated to start with another big MTSO in two weeks, that seems to be a nice company. Anybody have any recent experience at MD-IT they would care to share? Decent company? Good pay? Accounts? Thank ya'll so much in advance for any information you'd care to share. ...

Wow!! I Just Got The Invitation To Test Email From
Jun 18, 2013

Sten-Tel.  I so want to email them and tell them the pay they offer is absolutely ridiculous.  And to want someone to test and go through all that just for 5 cpl?  Are they kidding?  Oh I would love to say that, but I won't. ...

Got The Email About Taking The Test Already!!
Mar 11, 2014

excited! ...

Test Email Send Out By Imedx This A.m. If You (sm)
Feb 03, 2015

didn't get it, you should contact your supervisor.  It seems there are many people who are not getting their emails.  They are probably trying to fix it. ...

I Just Received A Test File In Unencryped Email With Patient Information
Feb 22, 2010

It's from just an individual, but with patient name, DOB, and MRN # in it, I think it's a HIPAA violation.  I am not going to do the test or finish it because I've decided she's a risk. Did anyone else receive a similar test? ...

Anyone Know How To Convert .spf Files (ShortHand) To .txt Files For Autocorrect?
Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!! ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

ExpressScribe Won't Play A Wav File
Jun 29, 2012

I can load it into the dock, but it says there are 0 minutes of dictation. If I play it on Windows Media, it says I need a codec. I don't know what that is. If I right click the file, I see it has 2 minutes of dictation on it. Why won't it play? I've tried opening it in several other places, and it just won't work. This is the free version. I've played dozens of files before. ...

I Love It When We Play Word Games, Like The Hello
Dec 02, 2011

:-) -:---< ...

Contests...I Don't Play Their Games. Come Monday,
Jul 11, 2014

I'm working exactly as I have been.  As we all should. ...

Hot Keys For Play, Pause In DocQScribe
May 13, 2015

Help, new MT, using DocQScribe and foot pedal won't work. Trying to use hot keys for play and pause, but can't seem to make anything work. Help! ...

Escription Play Silence Feature
May 18, 2015

Is there supposed to be a red line through the speaker or not if you want to play the silences? They are telling me both ways at my job and personally I can't hear a difference whenever I test it. Thank you, Jan ...

New Game Lets Play Guess The ASR
May 24, 2015

Patient female with flattened Amy a "Patient came in with anemia." so very close ASR, so very close ...

Medict -- DocQscribe Play Voice File
Oct 18, 2010

Hi, Anyone work for Medict in Florida.  I will be on DocQScribe accounts.  Do you like it.  Any pros/cons.  Anyone know on the DocQScribe system if you can start and stop the voice file by a keystroke.  No footpedal available at the moment so transcribing by keystroke to stop and play voice file.   Thanks for any information. ...

6 Inches Of Snow And Counting And I Can't Play Hooky
Jan 10, 2011

There's con for working at home! ...

Tomorrow Is Friday - Let's All Play Hookey From Work!
Jul 14, 2011

Isn't the beach, a rock concert, a bar, a trail, a friend, a highway, or a bike path calling to you too loudly go ignore anymore?  ...

MTSOs - It IS Time To Join Hands - Play Fair
Jun 02, 2013

I am a concerned IC.  I would like to keep my job(s) as an IC and actually still have MTSOs be around to provide jobs.  With all of this garbage constantly going on and hurting the businesses,  I think that there needs to be some recourse for the MTSOs.  All of you so-called IC MTs proclaiming to do other's favors, no thanks.  You are not doing any of us "professional" ICs a favor - you are hurting ALL of our businesses, driving all of our work right out of the ...

When Testing For A Job, How Do I Download Dictation To Play In Express Scribe?
Apr 14, 2015

Email sent with instructions, but how do I get audio from testing site to Express Scribe? Can anyone help? ...