A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

2-pound weight loss or ..... - sm

Posted: Oct 01, 2011

He has had a 2-pound weight loss.

2-pound, two-pound, two pound.... or something else?

Thanks!

2-pound - MTKid

[ In Reply To ..]
In this case, probably 2-pound unless your account for some reasons wants two spelled out. The hyphen is there because it is describing something, weight loss.

Addendum - MTKid

[ In Reply To ..]
...unless it begins a sentence, then: Two-pound weight loss.

Similar Messages:

Dispatcia??? Weight Loss
Aug 16, 2010

Please help....sounds like 'dispatcia' weight loss.  Clinical date for an US Abdominal Complete.  Thank You! ...

Concumbant Weight Loss??
Aug 30, 2010

He did have an incombutant/concubant/intontubant/?? 5 to 10 pund weight loss over the past 1 to 2 weeks. ...

Felitional Weight Loss?
Feb 24, 2011

The patient had a (Sounds like "felitoinal" ) 42 pound weight loss.    TIA! ...

Does Nuance Pay A Portion Of A Weight Loss Program?
Oct 19, 2014

x ...

Pt Has Been Taking S/l Bontrel Or Montrel Or Monitrel Therapy For Weight Loss (a Pill).
May 14, 2010

Monitrel ...

Is It Weightbear Or Weight Bear Or Weight-bear?
Feb 16, 2010

nm ...

Baby Weight
Sep 02, 2010

doing labor and delivery, on prior report QA changed 9 lbs to 9lbs, which is correct or should pounds be spelled out?  I was taught 9 lbs 15 oz but not sure if that is correct now? ...

Weight Bear
Oct 12, 2010

Is it weight bear or weightbear - one or two words?  My spell check says two words by QA says one.  What I found on my own that it actually should be bear weight.  Now I'm really confused.  TIA for any opinions. ...

Weight Is 124 And 3/4 Pounds
Jun 01, 2011

I don't get this whole weight thing. There are 16 ounces in a pound. How do you transcribe 124 and 3/4 pounds? When the doc said 212 and a half pounds, I put 212.8 lbs because there are 16 ounces in a pound and half of that would be 8 ounces, but it was changed to 212.5 lbs, which to me says 212 pounds 5 ounces. So, how would you type 124 and 3/4 pounds? TIA! ...

Weight Gain
Feb 26, 2013

Doctor is talking about 14-year-old patient who is gaining weight, then says, "patient's family looked like they are (s/l nonforithan people). She has no signs of Cushings and blood work was normal. He is referring her to a dietitian. Any ideas on "nonforithan" people would be greatly appreciated. ...

Weight Bear Or Weightbear
Nov 03, 2011

weight bear - two words or one (weightbear)  ? Rule of thumb, I always type it as two, weight bear, but one if weightbearing. Anyone know if this is correct? Please and thanks! ...

Birth Weight Or Birthweight? 1 Or 2 Words?
Jun 09, 2010

I've seen it both ways.  Are both ways correct?  TIA ...

MD Just Gave Weight In Kilometers. Not Kidding.
Nov 24, 2010

Self-reported Height And Weight WERE 5 Feet 5 Inches And 125 Pounds
Apr 18, 2014

1)  Self-reported height and weight WERE 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds OR 2)  Self-reported height and weight WAS 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds. The doc always dictates #2.   ...

Not To Count My Loss
Nov 05, 2009

why at the end of every shift do I still bother to calculate my line totals - transcription & VR - when 9 out of 10 times I am only discouraged???  Its not my lack of skill, knowledge , speed or anything I have done that determines this loss.  Why, oh why, do I hang in there.  Maybe for the occasional good day?  The high I get when I can fly through a report of an ESL doctor, because I know better what he is trying to say?  Or maybe its the constant editing with ...

Loss Of Benefits
Jan 13, 2010

Okay, I may be dense, the rest of you may have figured this out long ago!  Many times I see comments here about people who cannot get enough work.  Well, at my company, if there is a low volume of work and you cannot meet your line count you are placed on part-time status and cannot regain full-time status until you have met your commitment for 90 days.  Yes, you lose your benefits....your health insurance, paid holidays, dental/vision, etc.  Well, heck, look at the money the ...

EMR And Loss Of Contracts
Nov 03, 2010

Does anyone here integrate their transcription into an EMR?   If so, what EMR company is being used?  Looking for a way to keep a company from going down the EMR tubes! Help! thanks... ...

Fat Loss In Hands
May 18, 2013

Hello, this may be an unusual question, but I have been transcribing for about 3 months now, after completing 12 months at Career Step. I've been noticing over the last week that my hands are looking almost like skeleton hands. It's like the fat is disappearing and the bones are becoming more prominent. Also, the veins in my hands are becoming very, very vascular. They are about the diameter of a drinking straw. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this common with excessive typing? I ...

Headsets For MTs W/hearing Loss
Oct 14, 2009

Just wanted to share something with you. I have used it since August and amso pleased. I am very impressed with the quality of the headset I purchased from http://www.startsto p.com/transcript ion_accessories. asp#30585  (this is the site for the headset)This headset is wonderful for folks who have a problem hearing andunderstanding the spoken word. They tested this headset in real doctors' offices with real MTs who had nothing to do withtheir company.I cannot tell you how impressed I ...

Profit And Loss Statement
Jun 13, 2010

i am an at home transcriptionist and have been for 23 years.  I am trying to do a home loan modification and I need a profit and loss statement.  Does anyone have a sample report pertaining specifically to being an at-home independent contractor?  My tax man says he doesn't know how to do one, although he does the Schedule C for me on my taxes.  Any suggestions/samples?   Thank you! ...

S/l Parathagital Volume Loss On MRI
Nov 18, 2010

Thanks for any help! ...

Warning Of Benefit Loss
Jan 05, 2011

I have only been getting approximately 25 hours a week.  Yeah, I'm broke.  Luckily I have a husband who works or I would be in a mess.  Anyway, they have emailed me and said I have to have minimum 30 hours to continue to have medical ins.  Well, if the work isn't there, what am I supposed to do?  So, I asked my team lead to please give me a backup acct.  So she has sent out requests to other team leads and said she would let me know if one replie ...

VOICE RECOGNITION AND LOSS OF JOB
Jul 30, 2014

Just wondering about this.  For one company that I work for, I had a secondary account -- a hospital, that we were told (e-mailed) we would no longer be typing/editing.  The voice recognition program was getting better all the time and probably was pretty good at this point.  We were just told that we would no longer by doing work for them.  So 2 possibilities: 1)  The hospital was not happy with our editing?   2)  The voice recognition program had gotten so g ...

Great Loss For Softscript
Jun 06, 2015

Just recently discovered Softscript lost an amazing production manager.  I have worked under a lot of production managers and by far this was one of the best; knowledgeable, helpful, understanding, easy to work with, but at the same time was straight forward and honest in their approach with the group.  Such a shame.  You will be missed greatly.  Wish you the best.    ...

Hearing Loss/rheumatoid Arthritis
Oct 28, 2009

Anyone out there have any hearing loss? I have developed significant hearing loss. My ENT has encouraged me to keep transcribing, with the use of a boosted headset and I am trying. Telephone use is very difficult and almost non-existent. Boosters do not help. Also diagnosed recently with RA and having difficulty with my fingers, but not letting it get me down. I am on treatment that is working well. Just wondered if anyone else is having any of these issues and how they are dealing with them. Th ...

No Burn, Scar, Or Depression Loss ??
Nov 25, 2009

nm ...

Patient Has Significant Blood Loss.
Mar 11, 2010

He is being given 6 units of FFP and 5 units of ________ (s/l vitamin k????). ...

Do You Think MQ Would Pay Work Comp For Hearing Loss
Feb 12, 2011

yeah, ow.  Ears ringing all day. ...

Any Articles About Productivity Loss From EMR And VR Usage
May 24, 2011

Does anyone have any links to articles that explain the loss in productivity for physicians and their offices because they are wasting time with EHR/EMR's typing their own notes or spending way too much time editing their own voice recognition notes when they could be seeing more patients?  I have lost a few clients to VR systems and EHR/EMR systems because they think they will be more productive, when they actually lose money and time because of the loss in the number of patietns see ...

Hyphen - Mild-to-moderate Hearing Loss
Mar 31, 2010

Is mild-to-moderate hearing loss correct or should it be mild to moderate without the hyphens? ...