A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcription headsets - M.E.

Posted: Nov 25, 2013

I have been transcribing and editing for over 11 years and have ALWAYS used Spectra headsets, but having recently switched jobs where their platform could only be downloaded onto my personal computer and not my work computer, I've found that I'm not getting enough volume with the Spectras. I'm using earbuds right now but they wear out fast so I'm wondering if there are any headset models out there that any of you find to be excellent with clearity and volume, and that aren't going to break my bank account.  Thanks!

Go with music headphones, not transcription headsets - Music headphones are designed better

[ In Reply To ..]
You can find some affordable music headsets at Target, Radio Shack, Walmart, etc. I say use music headphones instead of "transcription" ones because the ones for music are designed to hear every note. For me it made a huge difference. Get the best ones your budget will allow and remember, it's a deductible expense.

transcription headsets - M.E.

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you. That's what I'm using now, the earbuds, but it's the volume that it more the issue. I guess I'll just buy a better set that maybe has a volume control on it or something. Thanks for the advice.

If volume is the issue - I suggest getting a Boostaroo

[ In Reply To ..]
Boostaroo to go with your headphones. With my Boostaroo, I have to keep the volume turned down to almost no volume at all because it "boosts" the sound. I don't know what I'd do without my Boostaroo.

Similar Messages:

Equipment Headsets, Foot Pedal Etc For Medical Transcription
Oct 22, 2013

I know this question has been asked a million times.  What equipment headset, foot pedal, etc. would be recommended for someone just starting out as a homebased MT? ...

Headsets
Jan 21, 2015

Somebody help me out... what headsets do you use??? One's that MM supply or your own?? If your own what kind?? ...

My Headsets Are Getting Old And I Need Another Headset
Apr 30, 2011

My headsets are getting old and I need another headset.  I like the kind that are like a stethoscope that fits into the ears.  I know I dont  like the aluminum one because the sound is muffly.  Any suggestions for a headset that fits into the ears that doesnt break all the time and has very good sound. ...

Where Can I Get Magical QA Headsets
Oct 19, 2011

I transcribe and edit what I actually do hear, but get QA feedback from another planet.  I am not a newbie MT, though new on my current account.  I figure they must use secret magical headsets to hear what they do.  Often QA isn't even on the same page with each other even on account specs.  So, it must be the magical headsets.  Does anyone know where I can get the kind QA uses? ...

Recommendations For Headsets
Jan 29, 2012

Hi, Folks,   So, my company sweetly sent me a dictaphone stethascope-style headset, but it's really uncomfortable for me.  Can you recommend a more comfortable, good-sounding headset that you might have found?   Thank you, thank you, thank you!   ...

Noise-cancelling Headsets
Oct 13, 2009

Can anyone recommend a noise-cancelling headset?  Having to share an office with someone that is not doing transcription and has conference calls on speakerphone a lot!!!  Thanks, in advance. ...

Headsets For MTs W/hearing Loss
Oct 14, 2009

Just wanted to share something with you. I have used it since August and amso pleased. I am very impressed with the quality of the headset I purchased from http://www.startsto p.com/transcript ion_accessories. asp#30585  (this is the site for the headset)This headset is wonderful for folks who have a problem hearing andunderstanding the spoken word. They tested this headset in real doctors' offices with real MTs who had nothing to do withtheir company.I cannot tell you how impressed I ...

Stereo Vs Mono Headsets
Aug 04, 2012

My wife is needing new headphones. Is stereo vs mono a huge consideration in choosing a new headphones?? ...

Foam Covers For Headsets?
Oct 12, 2012

Has anyone found these for less than $15 per pair? ...

Earphones - Searching For Comfortable Headsets Or Earbuds
Feb 04, 2011

I am searching for comfortable headsets or earbuds. What have you experienced MTs found that works the best? I want to hear well, while being comfortable...:) ...

You Know Those Little Black Sponge Pads That Go Over The Round Type Headsets??.....
Sep 13, 2011

Does anyone know where to get GOOD quality ones?  I've been suckered TWICE by buying them online---they are these little thin things that break every single time before I can get them over the ear piece.   The only ones I've found so far that are good are the ones that come with the headset, but I don't want to buy a new headset every time I just need new pads.  I'd be so appreciative for advice on where to get good quality ones.  TIA!!!  ...

Recommendations For Headsets For People With Small Ear Canals/openings
Feb 12, 2013

Dear Friends: I seem to have small ear canals/openings and because of that my Spectra headsets broke because I have to push them in too far and they will not fit and now the copper wire disoldged and now I am looking to buy another pair.  I went on the Dictation Warehouse site and talked to a rep there and he said that a good headset for people with small ear canals/openings is Grundig swing phone USB PC headset; have any of you heard of this bra ...

Headsets - Find A Good Pair That has, Of Course, A Clear Sound
Nov 20, 2010

I am taking a Medical Transcription Editing course on line, and will soon get into the MT Transcription section.  I've been looking at different ads for various types of headphones.  I'm looking to find a good pair that has, of course, a clear sound as well as outside noise cancellation capabilities.  I'd love to hear about what people think, and what they have had experience with.  Thank you! ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

JLG Transcription - Good Or Bad, Anything About JLG Transcription?
Jun 24, 2011

Can anyone tell me, good or bad, anything about JLG Transcription? Thanks. ...

ASR -v- Transcription
Oct 12, 2009

Would someone explain to me how is that this company can legally pay us a lower rate for ASR compared to transcription?  After they pushed ASR on me, (said that I wouldn't ever get a 50:50 ratio of ASR to transcription) I am getting mostly ASR work.  My pay has dropped significantly.  Can they do this? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription
Oct 13, 2009

Does anyone know anything about, or have any experience with Q.E.D. Transcription? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription?
Nov 11, 2009

I have an interview tomorrow morning with this company, and I was wondering how they are to work for (i.e. work load, pay on time, platform, etc.).   TIA!!! ...

PRN Transcription?? Anyone??
Nov 19, 2009

Anyone have any information about P.R.N. Transcription?  Got a reply on a resume I sent out and am wondering what type of company they are???  Good, bad, ugly? ...

PRN Transcription
Nov 20, 2009

For those of you who have recently posted regarding PRN and have worked for them, is this the company out of Ohio?? ...

NOW Transcription
Dec 23, 2009

Hi all!  I was just wondering if anyone worked for NOW Transcription or if anyone knew anything about this company?  Any input would be appreciated. ...

P.r.n. Transcription
Feb 02, 2010

Just wondering if anyone works for this company or has any info on them and now they are to work for. Thanks. ...

Transcription USA
May 10, 2010

Anything on Transcription USA ...

GET OUT OF TRANSCRIPTION
May 17, 2010

Since the advent of voice recognition and overseas outsourcing, transcription has ceased to be a profession.   I will NEVER -- repeat, NEVER make the money I was making as a transcriptionist at a hospital 5 years ago, before we were replaced by VR and cheap outsourcing to India.   Now all that's left are transcription companies here in the U.S. that don't want to pay much more, lie to us and tamper with our line counts.   GET OUT, GET OUT OF TRANSCRIPTION! ...