A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Stereo vs mono headsets - jklsr55

Posted: Aug 04, 2012

My wife is needing new headphones. Is stereo vs mono a huge consideration in choosing a new headphones??

I don't like traditional MT - headphones (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
I have the Bose AE2i audio headphones (345444-0010). I got them at Target. They are $180 (free shipping online) and WORTH EVERY PENNY. Sound is great, SUPER comfortable, very light. I love them.

I do think it makes hearing even very difficult dictators much easier. Our headphones are paramount to our job - I don't believe in skimping on them.

HTH!

Stereo vs mono - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have Spectra headphones with a switch on the wire that you can switch from mono to stereo. In listening to dictation, I can't tell the difference between the two. Maybe listening to music might be different.

I bought this specific headset because it also has a volume control on that same little switch on the wire. That's a lifesaver.

Similar Messages:

Stereo Headphones For Transcribing
Jan 02, 2014

I wear stereo headphones to transcribe - the old fashioned kind that fit over your whole ear.  But for the last many years I've had my own accounts and haven't had to sit transcribing for 8 hours a day.  That's going to change, and when I wear the headphones for extended periods of time, I know from experience that they start to hurt my outer ear from pressure on my ears.  They aren't tight by any means, it's just them constantly sitting on my hears.  ...

Wrist Fracture - Cast Is "*mono-valved*" And Wrapped With An
Aug 13, 2011

x ...

Headsets
Jan 21, 2015

Somebody help me out... what headsets do you use??? One's that MM supply or your own?? If your own what kind?? ...

My Headsets Are Getting Old And I Need Another Headset
Apr 30, 2011

My headsets are getting old and I need another headset.  I like the kind that are like a stethoscope that fits into the ears.  I know I dont  like the aluminum one because the sound is muffly.  Any suggestions for a headset that fits into the ears that doesnt break all the time and has very good sound. ...

Where Can I Get Magical QA Headsets
Oct 19, 2011

I transcribe and edit what I actually do hear, but get QA feedback from another planet.  I am not a newbie MT, though new on my current account.  I figure they must use secret magical headsets to hear what they do.  Often QA isn't even on the same page with each other even on account specs.  So, it must be the magical headsets.  Does anyone know where I can get the kind QA uses? ...

Recommendations For Headsets
Jan 29, 2012

Hi, Folks,   So, my company sweetly sent me a dictaphone stethascope-style headset, but it's really uncomfortable for me.  Can you recommend a more comfortable, good-sounding headset that you might have found?   Thank you, thank you, thank you!   ...

Transcription Headsets
Nov 25, 2013

I have been transcribing and editing for over 11 years and have ALWAYS used Spectra headsets, but having recently switched jobs where their platform could only be downloaded onto my personal computer and not my work computer, I've found that I'm not getting enough volume with the Spectras. I'm using earbuds right now but they wear out fast so I'm wondering if there are any headset models out there that any of you find to be excellent with clearity and volume, and that aren� ...

Noise-cancelling Headsets
Oct 13, 2009

Can anyone recommend a noise-cancelling headset?  Having to share an office with someone that is not doing transcription and has conference calls on speakerphone a lot!!!  Thanks, in advance. ...

Headsets For MTs W/hearing Loss
Oct 14, 2009

Just wanted to share something with you. I have used it since August and amso pleased. I am very impressed with the quality of the headset I purchased from http://www.startsto p.com/transcript ion_accessories. asp#30585  (this is the site for the headset)This headset is wonderful for folks who have a problem hearing andunderstanding the spoken word. They tested this headset in real doctors' offices with real MTs who had nothing to do withtheir company.I cannot tell you how impressed I ...

Foam Covers For Headsets?
Oct 12, 2012

Has anyone found these for less than $15 per pair? ...

Earphones - Searching For Comfortable Headsets Or Earbuds
Feb 04, 2011

I am searching for comfortable headsets or earbuds. What have you experienced MTs found that works the best? I want to hear well, while being comfortable...:) ...

You Know Those Little Black Sponge Pads That Go Over The Round Type Headsets??.....
Sep 13, 2011

Does anyone know where to get GOOD quality ones?  I've been suckered TWICE by buying them online---they are these little thin things that break every single time before I can get them over the ear piece.   The only ones I've found so far that are good are the ones that come with the headset, but I don't want to buy a new headset every time I just need new pads.  I'd be so appreciative for advice on where to get good quality ones.  TIA!!!  ...

Recommendations For Headsets For People With Small Ear Canals/openings
Feb 12, 2013

Dear Friends: I seem to have small ear canals/openings and because of that my Spectra headsets broke because I have to push them in too far and they will not fit and now the copper wire disoldged and now I am looking to buy another pair.  I went on the Dictation Warehouse site and talked to a rep there and he said that a good headset for people with small ear canals/openings is Grundig swing phone USB PC headset; have any of you heard of this bra ...

Equipment Headsets, Foot Pedal Etc For Medical Transcription
Oct 22, 2013

I know this question has been asked a million times.  What equipment headset, foot pedal, etc. would be recommended for someone just starting out as a homebased MT? ...

Headsets - Find A Good Pair That has, Of Course, A Clear Sound
Nov 20, 2010

I am taking a Medical Transcription Editing course on line, and will soon get into the MT Transcription section.  I've been looking at different ads for various types of headphones.  I'm looking to find a good pair that has, of course, a clear sound as well as outside noise cancellation capabilities.  I'd love to hear about what people think, and what they have had experience with.  Thank you! ...