A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

holy cow. 66 pages to print out - sm

Posted: Nov 23, 2009

for the MDI merg-ees.  That used about 1/2 printer cartridge, took at least an hour of time and I have yet to fill them out.  This working at home is getting more expensive and aggravating all the time.

Is it necessary to print out every single page? NM - Just curious

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxxx

just about - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
thought I could avoid some of it, then got to a form way down the list that said on every form that is returned we must send every page, not just the signature page.

At least you're able to access it. I keep getting an error - failed login

[ In Reply To ..]
Sent an email to the help desk, but so far nada...

try calling the Transcend HR gal. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

66 pages - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My printer is broken, so I couldn't get a print out either. I called and told them about it and that I needed the paperwork sent to me. I was told ok.

and that's what I'll be doing sm - MDI34

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll be darned if I'm wasting my ink or time printing this stuff out. I'm ticked about the whole thing now. First off, weren't we all supposed to get individual calls from HR to discuss our employee status, whether or not we planned to remain IC, etc. I don't know about you all, but I never got that call.

Secondly, these conference calls were supposed to be today (Monday), and then we get an email stating they're on Friday. Do they know what Friday is? I don't know about you all, but with the piddly wages we make, I need to take advantage of every saved dollar I can. Wal-mart has $3 crockpots that I need for at least 3 people on my list. I haven't been told the time yet, but whaddya wanna bet these calls will be in the morning.

Now this 66-page printing business. No way am I printing out anything. I'll be calling and requesting them to send it to me, which is what they should have done in the first place.

Ridiculous!

66 pages - sillyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
You did get paid for the time you spent doing this, right!!! I mean, it is required for your job, so you are getting reimbursed for your time of course. I think there is a lot of working at home little things that we do, that don't get counted, and we do for free.

paid for our time and our ink -- not!! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just telling a friend earlier, this work-at-home stuff is getting more and more aggravating and less and less profitable. These companies cover all their bases, like insurance companies with minimal payouts, and make sure that their profit margins are maximized, at our expense. This whole country seems to be losing sight of the principals that made us great.

brely paid - sillyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just thinking about when we used to get raises and bonuses for working the weekend/night shift. Now we do more and more for less and less. Pretty soon I am I going to start calling myself an MT volunteer. Of course, I just do this because it is such an enjoyable career, and that is what is most important, doing what makes us happy. Oh, by the way, since I haven't had health insurance for a while, I have been off my meds and sometimes I hallucinate.
barley pain - sillyMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes I can't spell either because my eyesight is starting to go. But like I said before, I am so enjoying myself, what does it matter.
silly girl - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
thanks for the laugh! - cwazywabbit
[ In Reply To ..]
I really needed it today.

Paid for time and ink--NOT - Jeeves

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, this whole country is having a loss of principles. And when you think how much the principals made off us during this sale, it makes you sick, yes? I think of the 16M sale and then the way people are getting slashed (be glad if you are not doing radiology) and I wonder where the principals' principles went!! :)

Holy cow - Jeeves

[ In Reply To ..]
Indeed, why should they use one cent of their 16 million bucks to buy ink and cartridges when they can foist the cost off on the MTs? This alone ought to tell you what their mindset is.

confused - MDI34

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure if we need to print out just what is on the new hire list or everything..hmmmmmm

Question - Is Transcend the company that last year... - RubySoho

[ In Reply To ..]
Is Transcend the company that last year as a Christmas gift sent its employees a cookbook by email that they had to download and print on their own printers? I can't remember if it was Transcend or Keystrokes, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the "66 pages" comment.

RubySoho - Jeeves

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know if it was Transcend or not, but I gotta tell you, whoever it was, it was TACKY, TACKY, TACKY! I would rather not have a gift at all than to be insulted like this. I think that the antics of MDI/Transcend over the past week are probably indicative of what is to come......

Transcend send a $25 gift card from Walmart. nm - ILMT

[ In Reply To ..]

Question - metoo

[ In Reply To ..]
I really do not know. I did not even get a card! Of course I am not a full time employee.

Similar Messages:

Holy Cow
Mar 09, 2014

I came back to see how everyone was doing only to find this.  My new job is hard on the legs, but doing okay for only being there a total of 7 whole days.  When I worked for MModal (Medquist) things were tough, but not terrible.  I'm kind of in shock over this.  ...

HOLY COW!!!
May 21, 2015

I am glad I'm sitting down. QA,TH, is actually transcribing!!! Put this on the calendar. I would love to audit her work because if it is anything like her emails, QA would have a field day w/that! Would love to pick her work apart like she does everyone else's, and not encouragingly either. Would love to see how she likes it... ...

Web Pages Tabbed At Top?
Dec 16, 2009

Hi, some of my browser windows are tabbed at the top and some in a row at the bottom of my screen.  Does anyone know how to set them all so they tab at the top? Thanks a bunch!! : ) ...

Radiology Pages Per Day
Mar 21, 2010

Anyone transcribing radiology and getting paid per page?  If so--how many pages are you averaging per day?   ...

Nine Pages Of Instructions For New BOB
Jun 24, 2010

To anyone who got the 9 pages of instructions from the new CCM:   Can you make heads or tails of these instructions and screenshots!?   Hit ctrl twice, then go back and make sure the old patient's name isn't in the field, then ctrl L, then fill in the dictated for, make sure it's who they say it is, then stand on your head while underwater weaving a basket... OMG the new work started to roll in today (PHHS) and I am having to jump back and forth from the ...

If You, Doctor, Need 9 Plus Pages
Apr 30, 2014

Because you mumble and slur, the maybe just maybe, you need to get someone else to dictate. Or mmodal should suggest you use a standard or 2 or 3..So sick of this guy, been muttling through his garbage all morning trying to figure him out. Line count 96 an hour..wooo freaking whoo... ...

Holy Cr*ap Batman
Mar 22, 2010

Got an RN dictating alphabet soup -- ER, CHF, CAD, CABG, INR, DOE, JVD, TURP. . . a medication that she can't get close enough to pronouncing for me to get close enough to spelling, and then to top it all off, a hgb of 113.7.  Nothing on previous report look-up is a help for this one! But I bet she got a raise -- not a pay cut ~~ ...

Holy Water
Jul 05, 2011

The wound was irrigated with Holy/Wholly water?  I have seen it both ways in old reports, can anyone clarify?  Thanks ...

I Don't Know How Old This Is But Holy Crap!
Apr 16, 2012

The US Department of Justice has confirmed that it is conducting an antitrust investigation of Nuance Communications. The investigation is looking at Nuance's acquisition of Philips Speech Recognition Systems from Royal Philips Electronics for $96.1 million in October 2008. There has been concern since the purchase that Nuance has essentially taken control of the world's medical transcription market. Nuance's acquisitions, which have sometimes been preceded by submitting target co ...

Holy Crap, I Can't Believe What I Just Did....
Jul 05, 2013

I quit!! Nicely, but said today was my last and I was moving on with my career choices.  bah!!!  Just waiting for my first day at Amphion. ...

Holy Cow What Happened To ASR
Mar 23, 2014

it is worse than EVER...I have the clearest dictator I have had in a while and the things that are printing our are simply amazing. I need to get away from this place, I think it is seriously time to start exploring other options. ...

Holy Cow...BREATHE !!!
May 15, 2015

You don't have to do the entire dictation in one breath, honest. And stop slurring..Gonna be a loooonnng day I can see it already. ...

9 Pages Of Instructions For QCare
Aug 02, 2010

Did y'all read the 9 pages of instructions for QCare.  This really bugs me that I have to take my uncompensated time to read these new directions.  Whose life is this making easier?  Not our's, as usual.  ...

How Many Pages Are You Account Specifics? Sm
Mar 17, 2011

Just curious how many pages the typical or average account specifics are if there is an average.  Mine is 54 pages for 1 facility, IC position, scheduled shifts.  I don't think that meets the definition of an IC per the IRS.  Do you have an IC position or employee? Per IRS website........You are not an independent contractor if you perform services that can be controlled by an employer (what will be done and how it will be done). This applies even if you are given freedom of ...

When There Are 7 Pages Of Rambling To Explain Your Pay
Dec 03, 2014

and you still don't get it, you know you're in trouble. ...

HOLY SMOKES, I Must Be Dreaming!
Oct 25, 2014

THANK GOSH I'm not working my "regular primaries" anymore ... the accounts I've been working on for the past 5 years are almost ALL completely indecipherable accents from every country on the globe but since the new switch I haven't had even ONE single report from those accounts but the new ones I'm being routed are vanilla-accented, plain English-speaking and normal-speed midwesterners in Kansas and Oklahoma.  Those of you who have always worked on these accounts until ...

There Are 10 Pages Of Things That Dont Work With
Dec 15, 2011

x ...

Silent Type MTs - Required Pages For The Day?
May 23, 2012

Are any of you getting the minimum required pages for the day?, because I'm not. Kinda erks too, as it really brings our average down and our benefits and PTO are based on our average pages, not to mention the bonus, which will now be the minimum because we can't get work. ...

Email Problems Trying To Read Other Pages.
Oct 03, 2012

I try to get to page 2 and it just spins and spins for an hour and nothing.  I cannot even get back to the main page.  I have to log out and get back in again.  I end up missing a bunch of email because I cannot get into other pages.  ...

Completely Different Web Pages Popping Up When I Click
Jan 09, 2015

I don't mean ads.  I mean MTStars disappears, and I'm seeing a page from a completely different website.  It does not happen every time I go to read a post, only once in a while.  Has this happened to anyone else?   ...

Article - Transcription Holy Grail
Dec 30, 2009

Here's a link to another article regarding tyrannical QA editors, how it takes a highly skilled professional to input medical data, etc.   http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/062209p14.shtml ...

Holy Smokes ... If You Think WE Have It Bad, Check Out The Nuance Forum
Dec 03, 2014

New pay plan was just announced and is going into effect ... WOW ... what a mess.  Reading that page will make you want to count your blessings with MMoral.  ...

Can We Print Out Our W2's
Jan 18, 2013

Does anybody know if we can print out our fax forms this year?  I havn't seen them on ADP website yet and I have not received any emails about this topic. ...

Print And Delivery
Jan 24, 2011

Do any of you print out the dictation for your clinics and deliver them?  If so what do you charge for that, if anything?  If you do not, what to you think is a fair charge for this service?  My clinic (5-7 providers daily transcribed) is about 2 miles away from my house. Thank you.   ...

Needing Help Pdq. I Got A Job And I Need To Print
Oct 28, 2011

some stuff, but no working printer.  I was thinking someone said I could go somewhere to get the stuff printed, but I am not sure where to go or how to go about getting the stuff printed?  I mean (hope I am explaining this clearly enough) how to get the attachments on my email somewhere that I can get the paperwork printed.  Thanks for any help!! ...

If & Is Not Allowed To Be Use Why Does ASR Print It
Jul 18, 2012

x ...

If Ms. Is Incorrect Why Does ASR Print It?
May 22, 2015

x ...

The Print On Printer Just Too Small
Jan 25, 2010

Have XP Dell and use Word Office to type up letters and such. No matter how large the print is on the screen of my monitor, when I print it off it is so minute you can hardly see. I have no idea how to set the printer to have larger print. Can anyone give me some assistance? TIA ...

From The AHDI Website...they Should Tell MQ It's There In Print.
Apr 28, 2010

Speech Recognition Editing   Performing SRT editing successfully requires a somewhat more specialized skillset than that involved in traditional, manual transcription. There is a different eye/ear/brain coordination dynamic at work in SRT editing compared to transcribing, which often makes it more challenging to identify errors in an SRT-draft document. It is more common in SRT editing for the brain to be "tricked" into thinking that the eye has seen what the ear has heard, due to the lac ...

Possible To Print Out A List Of Your Expansions
Oct 26, 2012

Would anyone know if it is possible to print out a list of your expansions ? ...