A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New cutting edge paper medical chart! - enjoy

Posted: Dec 04, 2014

It's satire, and yet so true..

The best part was the comments section below it! - ETOHPRN

[ In Reply To ..]
While the piece may be satirical, the comments below them are real-life examples of how messed up it all really is.

this is exactly what I needed today! - hahahaha nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Cutting Edge Pay Plan Is Nothing More Than
Dec 13, 2014

own without having to do massive layoffs. The real underlying intention here is to have all work taken over by India. Quality and patient safety have nothing to do with it. Paying India workers mere pennies increases the bottom line. There is no public explaining to do or announce regarding massive layoffs. They will simply claim US workers quit on their own and they cannot find employees here in the US. I would love to know how much the person or persons were paid to think up this pla ...

Do Any Of You Use Sticky Paper To Print Chart Notes?
Jul 23, 2013

I am beginning to transcribe for a new local physician.  I've been an MT for 20 years, have had my own clients & have worked for the nationals - but I've never printed onto sticky paper.  The office manager gave me a whole pack of it.  It has 11 perforated sections from top to bottom, with about a 1-inch margin on right and left. Is there some sort of a template for Microsoft word that will print correctly onto each section? I don't see a name brand on the pac ...

Anyone Have Any Info On Fast Chart Medical?
Mar 16, 2010

Anyone have any info on Fast Chart Medical?  Good, bad or ugly.  Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone Know How To Read The Replies That Slide Off The Right Edge Of The Board
Sep 15, 2010

Anyone know how to read the replies that slide off the right edge of the board?  I can see that there are more posts below, but I cannot grab it to open it. Am I the only one who has this problem?  Is it my computer?   What I mean is when there are replies to replies to replies to replies to replies, eventually the staggered replies move off the right side of my screen and I cannot click on them.   Thought maybe someone else has this problem and found a way to get around i ...

Fast Chart - Current Info On Fast Chart
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone have any current info on Fast Chart, good, bad, ugly?  Checked the Archives, not much recent info.  Thanks! ...

Fast Chart - Does Anyone Work For Fast Chart
Mar 07, 2013

Does anyone work for Fast Chart and what can you tell me about them? ...

Regarding Cutting Our Pay
May 21, 2010

THEY DISGUST ME!! ...

Oncology Term Regarding Tumor Resection- S/l "caster Edge"
Dec 15, 2010

The word in question s/l "caster", and it happens to be a basaloid neoplasm (eccrine spiradenoma) with atypical features. "The tumor was completely excised, but the _______ edge of the lesion approached to within 2 mm of the deep resection margin." Thanks in advance for your help.   ...

Sticky Paper
Feb 08, 2010

We lost our paper supplier for full sticky sheets with the easy peel margin (Formtec brand).  Does anyone have a lead on a supplier?  We were getting it for about 38/box for 212 sheets.  I can find full sheets on the net, but nothing with that type of margin or price?  TIA.  T. ...

Archivus Cutting Pay? SM
Oct 26, 2010

Does this company hire and then after a quarterly review have QA pick your work apart and then tell you they can either terminate your contract or cut your pay.  Understand this has happened to more than one person.  Has anyone experienced this.  They told me I was doing awesome work, not they picked the work after and then tell me that in 2 weeks my contract will either be terminated or will have a reduced line rate.  This makes no sense.  I have 18 years experience.&nb ...

Help - Looking For Contact Paper
Jan 20, 2011

Does anybody know where to purchase 8-1/2 x 11 white contact paper.  I am starting a new account that wants their chart note printed on this paper, and I cannot seem to find it anywhere.  Thanks for the help. ...

Paper Shredder
Feb 25, 2011

I need to know if anyone knows of a real heavy duty industrial shredder that won't break down after a year.  I work for a private doctor's office and need to shred thousands of papers after I finish the reports. ...

Anyone Received Their Paper W-2 Yet?
Jan 26, 2012

I know they are not required to mail them until the 31st, but has anyone received their paper W-2 yet?  TIA ...

IS NUANCE CUTTING OUR PAY AGAIN?
Jun 13, 2014

As someone noted below, they are getting 2 cents. I am getting 4 cents per edited line. Is this being cut further? ...

Paper Checks
Jan 12, 2015

So quick question - first check for Friday's payday was a paper check.  Still haven't received it.  How long have you guys waited for paper checks before?  Usually have direct deposit so this is a new experience for me :) ...

Cast-cutting Term
Nov 07, 2009

"She had a fairly significant increase in pain.  We were concerned about the possibility of swelling inside the cast.  We cut it in a s/l "bi val" or "bioval" fashion and released some of the pain." Can anyone help with this one? ...

Article In My Paper Today About MT Course...
Feb 21, 2010

There's an article today in my hometown newspaper from an area community college about its MT course, about how MTs are needed for VR, how they make $34,000 a year, and how you can work at home.  I just wanted to puke. Of course the goal is to get gullible people to sign up for their course, hoping they don't bother to research it too closely.... ...

Need Help - Doc Says Five Five Bone Cutting Shaver...
Mar 05, 2010

how would you type this?  Any help appreciated - thanks! ...

Student Doing A Paper On Coding - Help
Apr 09, 2011

Hi all. I am doing a career exploration paper on medical coding. I need some interesting facts about medical coding. Can anyone explain how the ICD came about? Any other interesting facts would be appreciated! ...

What Is Up With All Of These Companies Cutting The Pay For Straight
Jun 07, 2011

I'm not understanding if a person was making 8 or 9 cents a line for straight transcription and then the account goes to voice rec and the pay is decreased for that, why is the pay for straight transcription also going down?  It's the same doctors, so why am I now suddenly worth 2 cents less to do straight transcription?  Personally, if it isn't VR worthy, then you would think that it would still be worth the 8 or 9 cents a line.  ...

Express Scribe Cutting Off
Apr 26, 2012

Have Express Scribe Pro, This week the last few seconds of a voice file are being cut off, don't know where to go in Menu to adjust this or fix it. Any suggestions. TIA ...

No More Paper Check Stubs
Sep 28, 2012

I want my own stub mailed to me... Jerks. ...

How About Cutting Out Some Corporate Bloat
Apr 17, 2013

How does that work for ya? Amy & Shah? Want to take a 40% pay cut like we did? ...

Questions About EMR & Cutting Out The Middleman
Jun 19, 2013

For those lucky enough to work directly for the client (no MTSO) are any EMRs set up for transcription, or do you subscribe to a service to send Word files?  Is it an easy setup?  The only thing holding me back from trying to get my own accounts again is having no tech help for problems that are bound to occur. Any recommendations for services to transmit files and what do they charge. I just can't keep working for .04 cents a line.  It's completely impossible to live ...

M*MODAL COMMENTS IN TN PAPER
Mar 21, 2014

M*Modal participates in the market where pricing has dropped by 35% below what M*Modal needs to sustain. M*Modal has heavy cost structure with debt load and G&A which will prevent it from being cost effective in Transcription Out-sourcing market. M*Modal has also pursued a technology solution model similar to Nuance where clinical documentation review/edit/accuracy function is being transitioned to physicians using Fluency by M*Modal and Dragon 360 by Nuance. The ineffectiveness of this app ...

Interview For Research Paper
Mar 02, 2015

Would anyone be willing to give me a quick interview?  Questions include:  How did you get into field?  Why did this field appeal to you?  Does it meet with your satisfaction?  Years of employment and level of responsibility?  ...

Ortho Operative Note Help Please, He Is Cutting It Off .... Sm
Aug 18, 2010

Some *Daptik* was applied to the wound and the patient was placed in a soft cast.    I know this but he is cutting himself off and my mind has gone BLANK!!!   TIA ...

Ortho: S/l Paper And Pen Plate Bottoms
Feb 14, 2013

Talking about limitations of use of extremity. Sounds like pen and paper plate or site bottoms? Thanks! ...

AHIMA Article On Transition From Paper To EHR
Mar 19, 2013

I read in: http://library.ahima.org/xpedio/groups/public/documents/ahima/bok1_048635.hcsp?dDocName=bok1_048635 About EHR and the need to review file room staffing and need to reduce or redefine staff as the record becomes fully electronic, and consider work queues that are built into electronic record systems that will drive HIM staff members' work for the day (e.g., verbal orders that are not signed, transcriptions, etc.). What I am asking the coding forum today is,  Are coder ...

Cutting Hours Off Of Shift Differential
Sep 10, 2013

where is the incentive to work????? I only got 2 hours of it anyway so now I don't get any extra at all!!! ...