A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dear Doctor, Clear you freakin' throat! - Preferably slip a

Posted: Mar 20, 2015

lozenge in your mouth before you start dictating or take Claritin to relieve your allergy symptoms. Sick of your voice going in and out from hoarseness and not being able to hear what you are saying.  For the love of God, physician heal thyself.

BLOW YOUR NOSE - QUIT THE SNIFFING

[ In Reply To ..]
Drives me insane to have to hear them sniffing/snuffing umpteen times throughout their dictation. I was brought up that that was extremely rude and to "GO BLOW YOUR NOSE"

also, like you said, the clanking around of lozenges in their mouth or whatever they are doing while talking..

It seems so unkind to make fun of people, even doctors - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I know that it's unpopular, but that just seems so unkind, even crude, to make fun of others. I'm sure I'll get bashed for saying so, but when did manners completely disappear from our society. Remember that old saying about if you don't have anything good to say about somebody, don't say anything? I'm ready to be attacked now.

LOL...Good call....ready to be attacked.... - Ya, because

[ In Reply To ..]
what they said wasn't all that bad for one, and for another I'm with THEM because if they made sure they blew their noses, cleared their throats and otherwise made every attempt to be UNDERSTANDABLE we wouldn't have to sacrifice salary from not being able to hear them correctly. And when you work at NUANCE for one, you'd know exactly what I mean.

We are just blowing off steam :) - Spittle lips.

[ In Reply To ..]
I've got one where I swear I can hear and visualize the spit accumulating in the corners of his mouth when he talks. The most "juicy" talker I have ever run across in my life and it really makes me queasy like no one's business!

OMG! I can't stop laughing! - So true.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

What about their manners? - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had doctors do something more than sniff that have made me gag. I have listened to doctors eating or chewing gum like cows, have had them burp and even pass gas. Come on now, do you really think I enjoy hearing that while I am trying to work? There should be consideration for the person on the other end listening. It is crude on their part, I am not being unkind, it would be nice to get an "I am sorry" when the burping or "farting" starts.

Here is one - on gas

[ In Reply To ..]
The doctor had to be sitting in a leather chair or the like, he paused from dictating and you could hear the squeak of flatulence erupting, not once, but TWICE. Then you hear the sigh of relief as he apparently settled back down and resumed dictating..

Like I was not going to hear it and know what he was doing during that brief pause??
happened to me too - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
It was loud. Like he was farting in my ear, so gross. Burping into the mike is the same thing.

If they would just stop taking care of all those sick people - Not as many sniffles for them

[ In Reply To ..]
It's just those nasty sick people they are always around. If they would stop being around them, they might not get all those sniffles themselves.

Isnt that what you are doing? Saying something unkind - to the person simply venting? SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Where are your manners then? This isn't something good or nice to say about the OP, why did you say it?

Seems strange those who point fingers never seem to look in the mirror.

Dear Doctor, Clear your freakin throat - squirrel

[ In Reply To ..]
Manners start with the doctors, sweetie. Sniffing, gurgling, burping and other objectionable noises made by the doctors are indicators of very bad manners. Professionalism, as well as dictating etiquette are things of the past in this field.

Doctor "sound effects" - Toni

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL! In my 20 years, I've really heard it all, burps, snorts, sneezes, farts, chewing, crunching - even one classy doctor who couldn't stop dictating long enough to use the facilities! The one that was the most fun to do was a neuropsych with Tourette's syndrome who treated me to some really nifty sound effects.

Similar Messages:

Contact The Ear, Nose And Throat Doctor...would You Capitalize Ear, Nose And Throat???
Feb 05, 2011

x ...

Oh My Freakin' Goodnes... From A WHOLE FREAKIN' YEAR AGO.....
Jan 02, 2012

I will almost certainly get banned for "cutting-and-pasting" this...  but here goes anyway.... Oh my Gosh - I disagree in so many ways - see message Posted: Jan 30th, 2011 - 4:05 am In Reply to: We are a "dime a dozen" and it is our own fault - NocturnalHooter1. We didn't loose our profession when we decided to work from home. It was a choice we made. I am still an MT whether I work in an office or at my home office. Nothing has been lost. However, some of us became MTs so that we co ...

Crystal-clear Doctor Having To Spell Everything Out.
Mar 18, 2012

I had the very pleasant experience of getting a crystal-clear American doctor speaking perfect English, but he was spelling many ordinary words and medications, which tells me he's probably been having some bad reports coming back.  He didn't sound like a newbie resident, who do tend to spell a lot of things.  It makes me wonder just how bad some of the reports are if this very clear-speaking doctor is having a problem. ...

Freakin Me Out
Aug 03, 2013

All these stories about difficulty because of age are freakin me out. I am 55+ and thinking about moving from one hosp at home to inhouse at a better hosp. Both have full bennies, etc. I will be giving up a week of vacation each year (from 3 down to 2).  Am I wasting my time going for the interview? Will I walk in and see look of horror on the interviewer's face because I am not younger? Ego already fragile, rather not subject myself to that. TIA.   ...

Freakin Comma
Apr 06, 2010

I have a dictator who is on 100% QA.  I just had a chart returned to me because even though my QC said it was correct use of the comma, the dictator did not want the comma in there.  Ok, so now I will give him NO commas anywhere unless he says "comma."  For the love of God, can we EVER have a standard and consistent way of doing things and not let doctor so-and-so from here get this and doctor so-and-so from here get that. I guess I am just so OVER i ...

So Freakin Bored!
May 19, 2011

Lately I am sooooo bored with work.  I do about 1/3 regular transcription and 2/3 ASR and I'm bored out of my mind.  Very seldom have to research much other than doctor's names or equipment names.  Same dictators saying the same things with the same irritating quirks.  ASR with the same stupid mistakes to change in virtually the same reports I did the day before. Is there some way to cope with the boredom?  Do I need a new account or something?  I'm ...

Paying Taxes, I'm Freakin Out
Feb 24, 2010

I am about to do my taxes for 2009.  I had a bunch of money saved up to pay them, but I fell on hard times (little to no typing jobs) and had to use that money to pay bills.  What is going to happen?  I made 11,000 last year.  How much can I expect to owe?  What if I don't have the money????? ...

Throat Exam
Sep 08, 2010

Tonsils +2.  There is some erythema without exudate, but there is one calcium or calcific secretion on the right?  Is there such a thing as a calsecretion?  I can't quite hear this.  ...

Ear, Nose And Throat
Dec 02, 2010

Brown Madison rhinorrhea.  Is there such a thing? ...

Cut Throat Backstabbing Liars
Jun 22, 2015

None of them care about anything but their pay, their bonuses, their vacations, and how much they take take from us.  From now on, I don't care about anything but my pay, my PTO, my pay....oh, I said that twice.  I do not care about anyone but me!  Take that dirtbag bloodsucking scums of the earth.  The garbage I can pull up and see that has gone to the charts tells me they do not care.  Well guess what?  I don't care any more either.  LPH?  Scre ...

Thyroidectory For S/l Frot Throat Carcinoma
Oct 31, 2009

Problem List 3. Status post throidectomy for s/l frot or fore throat carcinoma.     ...

Chin-neck-throat Angle
Jul 15, 2010

Is it okay to transcribe chin-neck-throat angle or should it be broken up? ...

Transcribing Strep Throat As Diagnosis
Dec 21, 2013

I don't know what to expand strep throat to in the diagnosis or do I just leave it as strep throat.  Thanks ...

S/l ___plasia On The Back Of The Throat. Patient With Flu-like Symptoms
Jun 23, 2010

NM ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Dental Surgery,s/l "Ferret" Throat Pack"
Sep 20, 2014

It's not often I do a dental surgery and it sure sounds like he is clearly saying "Ferret" throat pack at the beginning of the surgery.  All I seem to come up with in searching is real ferret dental information.  Anyone out there ever heard of "Ferret" throat pack for dental surgery?  ...

Want To Clear This Up For Myself
May 21, 2010

Could somebody clear up for me what the difference between clinic and acute care are? Is clinic referring to offices? ...

CCS Vs. CPC - To Clear This Up - Sm
Nov 20, 2011

I get tired of reading that hospitals only want CCS credentials.  That completely depends on the hospital.  What should be said is INPATIENT coding is CCS and OUTPATIENT is CPC.  A local government hospital here only wants CPC.  A huge, huge, well-known hospital in my area takes both CPC and CCS because they do so much of BOTH.    Someone coming here for information on becoming a coder should find out where they want to work and what type of coding credential tha ...

Does Anyone Use Clear Wireless?
Dec 09, 2010

It seems very fast and I believe it has a DSL cable. Has anyone used this? I am so tired of TWC, too expensive for what you get. ...

Using Clear Wireless Vs Dsl
Oct 12, 2011

I have been tempted to switch to Clear Wireless after seeing how fast it works on my daughter's computer. Does anyone have any experience using it for IC work with trascription? ...

CCT/Clear Choice
May 18, 2012

any info good or bad appreciated.    Thank you ...

Anyone Know Anything About Clear Choice?
Oct 02, 2013

I see they have an ad on the other site and don't see their name often so I'm hopeful! ...

This New Plan Is As Clear As Mud
Dec 04, 2014

Not only is this confusing to me but I feel like I'm getting screwed.   ...

MAKE MYSELF CLEAR
Jan 31, 2015

Dear MM TSM, TSA, PC, manager, work flow lead, whoever you are.... STOP SENDING ME SOMEONE ELSES ACCOUNT.  My own is backed up, I WILL NOT DO SOMEONE ELSES ACCOUNT WHEN MY OWN IS BACKED UP.  You are freaking irritating the hell out of me and I don't work Saturdays to do someone elses account ESPECIALLY if my account is back up.  STOP SENDING ME ACCOUNTS THAT I DO NOT KNOW, THAT I WILL MAKE MISTAKES ON AND THAT WILL CAUSE MY LINE COUNT TO DROP TO NOTHING.  UGH!!! I wish t ...

Clear Choice Transcription - *****
Feb 10, 2010

If you want information on Clear Choice Transcription out of Pittsburgh please search the archives for Davis Transcription.  **** had been kicked out of her own company and started a new one, Clear Choice Transcription.  Don't be fooled by this con artist and her side kick,****.   Davis Transcription is now run by a reputable business owner and the name changed to tMedica.     **** No names, please.  Email names if you wish. **** ...

Clear Choice And Pearson
Feb 09, 2011

Does anyone know anything about these two companies (work atmosphere, size of company, pay on time, etc., any helpful information)?  I noticed that Clear Choice has openings for editors, but I'm wondering if they're QA editor or VR editor positions.  From the pay rate advertised, I'm thinking VR editors.  Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide. ...

Software To Clear Up Speech
Oct 27, 2011

does anyone know if there is software to clear up speech dictation, sometimes i have trouble wth getting the correct words   Thanks! ...

Amphion-steer Clear
Apr 17, 2012

To anyone even thinking of signing with Amphion - steer clear !!  This company totally sucks.  Most all accounts are now VR and the platforms being used, and there are several, SUCK.  You better know all platforms though because if you think you can take time off when your primary account runs out of work, you are wrong, and they do run out of work constantly because of consistently overhiring.  Then they stick you on another account whether you've worked on it before or ...

Clear Choice Transcription?
Aug 10, 2012

Wondered if anyone knew if this is a legit company.  Are they good to work for? ...

Let's Be Clear About Hands-on Managers
Oct 13, 2012

http://forum.mtstars.com/434118.html They are a significant part of the problem.  Along with upper levels they possess no ethics and apparently also lack cartilaginous tissue in the C-T-L spines to stand up and say they have ethics and will not go along with the unethical/illegal BS upper level suggests/dictates to them.  They have a choice and choose wrong.  They could stand together in numbers and say NO.  You think upper level is going to find enough people to replace ...