A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

After buyout, which company name do you list on resume? - Coco

Posted: Mar 12, 2012

I was one of the DSG people who woke up one day to find that we were now M-Modal employees.  I declined the M-Modal offer, but was on the new payroll for just a couple of days....wouldn't have had a choice to be an M-Modal employee for at least that first day, even if I didn't want to be.  

My question is, now that I'm applying for new jobs, how would you list your former employer's name on a resume/job app?  Instead of saying you worked at DSG for "X" number of months/years, would you say you worked at M-Modal?  They always want your former employer's name and address....would you put DSG with the Florida address or M-Modal with the Franklin, TN, address?  Like I said, I was only there for a couple of days.  Does M-Modal have all the HR information from the acquired MTSOs now to verify past employment?  

TIA!  

I have had several like that - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
I list the name of the MTSO that I was hired under and worked under, then in parenthesis say (became M-Modal xx/xx/xx). The address would stay the same for either company name, i.e., where your human resources were for the first company.

Appreciate it... - Coco

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for that suggestion. I've been kind of thrown about how to list it, since I have virtually no real history with M-Modal to speak of. I figured others of you might have had some experience with previous buy-outs where they didn't accept the job with the new company like this.

Most answers I've found on-line when googling the question have pertained more to people whose companies were acquired, but they stayed with the new company, at least for a longer period of time than just a few days.

Any additional suggestions are also appreciated!

Similar Messages:

Buyout Of My Company To MM
May 21, 2012

How will a hospital or clinic, who did not solicit MM for business, but were part of a buyout, work with MM? I don't understand? I doubt the clinics and hospitals will accept any electronic change from MM, they have their own and working fine. Is there something I am missing here? Usually folks solicit work from MM, but this is just the opposite, almost MM steppin' into the shoes of working with an acquired client who was not part of any negotiation, and may be resentful of even change ...

My Company Merger/buyout Experience
Mar 08, 2014

I had an administrative role at my company before it was taken over by a big player. The following things happened. 1. The supervisors at my company were demoted to MTs unless they had a college degree and were willing to travel extensively. 2. The QA staff were kept but their pay changed from hourly to production with strict quotas. Almost immediately they had to QA terrible work from other countries. Every one of them quit before long because they made about half of what they previously made ...

Wow..company I Just Sent Resume To Sent Me Their Test..
May 10, 2010

and it consists of 9 files to transcribe, all over 5 minutes long! Are they kidding?  And do all these without a foot pedal?! HA! Thanks but no thanks ...

U.S. Scribe, Did Anyone Send Their Resume To This Company?
Jun 25, 2010

If so, did anything come out of it? ...

Sending Resume On Company Apps
Sep 12, 2011

Does anyone know how to send your resume when you fill out the online application at a company's website?  There is the usual blank (tiny window) and to the right of that box it states browse.  When you click on browse it takes you to where your resume is located on your computer, and then instead of actually putting your resume into the app, it just puts where your resume is located.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this.  If someone would be so ki ...

I Emailed My Resume To A Company Advertising For VR Editor...
Sep 03, 2010

I have 17 years experience in medical transcription with half of those years doing QA and the last four years doing VR for a hospital and I get an email back from the company saying they don't have any positions that would meet my criteria?!?!?! I have a FT job and I was looking to supplement my income, get ahead start for the holiday season, ya know and I'm told that a 17-year MT veteran doesn't fit into any of their positions? I am confused.  Do companies want to higher t ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

For Those Who Have Their Resume Posted On The Resume Bank
Sep 25, 2012

I received a couple of very suspicious emails from someone who sounded overseas.  Just a warning. ...

Short Cut For List Punctuation In A Drug List? (Fluency)
Dec 06, 2014

Is there is quick way to add commas between items in a list? Of course, using Ctl K in front a word will change the punctuation, but it will also change a capitalized drug to lower case, and you will still have to get to the beginning of the next drug which will require 2 Ctl arrows and backspace. Ctl arrow takes you to the beginning of the next word, but you will have to backspace to put in the comma. Adding punctuation to lists is so time consuming! ...

For Those Who Need A Resume Or A Resume Facelift
Sep 04, 2013

I'm looking to get out of my job in a bad way and my resume was less than pretty. I ran across this site and it was awesome.  It's free to update your resume but charges to print or email, copy, etc.  But for a cover letter and resume was only $2.95 but will auto-renew at $34 if you don't cancel within 2 weeks.  But I did the trial period and got an awesome resume and fantastic cover letter. It's easy to use and fun. Hope this helps a little bit.  http:// ...

Resume In Resume Bank
Sep 24, 2014

Has anybody been contacted for a position by posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

Buyout
Mar 30, 2012

A question for you previous buyout MTs.  How long is it usually when Nuance buys out a company and the official switchover is made before Nuance changes the platform?  ...

Would Any Of You Take A Buyout From MQ If Offered?
Jun 20, 2010

In past months I have read on this board, with dismay, so many posts about long-time MQ MTs/MEs failing consecutive audits, and eventually being discharged. I think it is a major coincidence that so many employees are suddenly and consistently failing to meet the same quality standards they always met. I think it’s a flimsy contrivance to get rid of the more highly paid employees and replace them with cheaper newbies while avoiding an age discrimination actions because those higher-paid pe ...

CBay Buyout Of MQ
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of changes.  Ba-Ba-Big Ch-Ch-Changes are coming.  CBay is trying to buy 100% of MQ.  Check out article at: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/news.asp?ticker=MEDQ:US Other articles of interest there also.  Basically reads: Management Led Buyout of MedQuist Causes Shareholder Claim Investigation by Goldfarb Branham Law Firm LLP DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 7, 2011-- Goldfarb Branham LLP is investigating whether the Board of Directors of Medqui ...

For Those Who Worked Through A Buyout
Jun 30, 2011

The hospital I work for went with an MTSO that doesn't offshore last year.  They were adamant about not using one that did.  After many months, they are still not on the MTSO's platform but now the MTSO has been bought out by a company that does offshore.  No one is getting any information regarding what is going on.  If the client you are working for did not want to go off shore and the MTSO they are using was bought out by one that does, did the cli ...

Webmedx Buyout
Jul 13, 2011

Thanks Webmedx for selling out and now keep us waiting for what seems a million years to hear about our job security, our pay, our PTO, our 401k, and on and on.  Just wish they thought this out first and kept us informed instead of their usual secrecy on the whole issue.  We were notifed right before the July 4 holiday, we would hear soon and well no news......I for one am not very productive as I am up and down popping ulcer remedies in my mouth wondering what is happening..... ...

Webmedx Buyout,low Work
Nov 04, 2010

I do not believe there is a buyout, but maybe these facts can shed some light. Take a look at the com pg at the 3rd shift or which ever shift is working around 2 or 3 AM. Lots of work in lots of accounts, but almost all gone when the regular day shift comes on in the morning.  As I recall some time back Webmedx was hiring MTs for their so-called SWAT team and it was for those late night shifts. I believe the job was advertised as $19.00 per hour for outside (new hires) and as I recall for ...

How Are Things At Axolotl Since The Buyout? Nm
Nov 11, 2010

s ...

Axolotl - Anyone Know How This MTSO Is Doing Since The Buyout? (nm)
Jan 22, 2011

nm ...

Medquist Buyout Of ETransPlus
Oct 03, 2011

Okay, everybody breathe!  It will be okay.  They didn't close the doors so we still have jobs.  I know the posts are very negative about Medquist, but they have a lot of people working for them who stay working for them.  There must be something positive about medquist.  Does anyone have anything POSITIVE to say about Mediquist?   ...

MQ Strikes Innocent Again-buyout Of AT
Nov 01, 2011

The ugly squid has reared its head again!  MQ acquired Alltype as of 9/1/11 and then proceeded to ship every single AT account and ALL work to India. I know this for a fact.  Guess what, surprise surprise, we all got pink slips yesterday!!!!! Run for your life if you work for a company that gets bought out by MQ-the suits at MQ are unscrupulous and greedy!   ...

Transcend/MDI Buyout Dates?
Apr 06, 2015

Does anyone remember the date we officially switched from Transcend employees to Nuance?  If anyone was an original MDI employee, do you remember the date Transcend purchased MDI? ...

Interesting Article On Spheris Buyout.
Jun 01, 2010

Below is the link to article. http://business.nashvillepost.com/2010/03/15/spheris-seeks-approval-for-850k-bonus-plan/ ...

Accentus- Info On Them Since Buyout By Nuance
Apr 30, 2013

Hi!  I am currently job hunting and am curious what anyone can tell me about their experiences in working for Accentus has been like since they were bought out in 2012 by Nuance.  I searched the archives and most of what I found about Accentus was from before the buyout, and may no longer be accurate information.  Thanks in advance! ...

Medquist Buyout Of Spheris-Health Insurance?
Feb 04, 2010

I am a current employee of Spheris and was wondering what kind of health insurance does Medquist offer? If you could give details that would be great. ...

What Was The Reason For The Transcend/Nuance Merge Or Buyout?
Mar 10, 2012

Are they saying its because of technology reasons? ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

How To Resume?
Sep 07, 2010

Haven't written a resume in years. How do you write one if you have been at the same place for 11 years?  Isn't that as far back as they are looking for?  Appreciate tips. ...

Help With Resume
Mar 31, 2011

I am trying to get back out there but I need help with my resume which I absolutely hate doing.  Could someone please email me some suggestions.  I would like to try and get back into an office setting doing anything!  ...

I Am In Need Of Help With My Resume
Jun 29, 2011

Dear Fellow Transcriptionists: I am in need of a career counsler who specializes in resumes. I live in Chevy Chase, Maryland, which is outside of Washington, D.C. and I need someone to help me with my current resume so that it is current. I know that there must be a company who can help me who does not live in the D.C. area who can help me telecommuting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you. Fondly, Suzie ...