A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medquist buyout of eTransPlus - anon

Posted: Oct 03, 2011

Okay, everybody breathe!  It will be okay.  They didn't close the doors so we still have jobs.  I know the posts are very negative about Medquist, but they have a lot of people working for them who stay working for them.  There must be something positive about medquist.  Does anyone have anything POSITIVE to say about Mediquist?

I'm positive I didn't apply for a job with Medquist. - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
I left there a little over 2 years ago to go to work for eTrans because out of a scheduled 30-hour work week I was able to get enough work to manage 9 hours the last week I worked there. Work had steadily gone bye-bye over the last few months I was there.

VA accounts - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't they have a few VA accounts? I worked for MedQuist when they lost all the VA accounts they had purchased. They were insisting on switching everything over to VR in 2006 and the VA said no. So ETransPlus and other companies wouldn't even have any VA accounts if it wasn't for that situation. Are you saying MedQuist re-bought their old VA accounts again?

Cannot offshore VA accounts - me

[ In Reply To ..]
All VA work has to remain in the US. You'd think that all hospitals would want their work to stay here, but the almighty dollar still reigns supreme. I hope where I work gets all the VA accounts cos then we'll be busy forever! And you are correct, the VA does NOT want VR accounts. I cannot think of any company that does VA work that has them on VR that I am aware of.

VA not using VR incorrect - sadbuttrue

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, that is incorrect - the VA is using Dragon Naturally Speaking VR in more than 65 of their medical centers, and many more are doing "pilot programs" with a few docs to try it out. VA will eventually go completely to this within the next few years, as it has been very successful so far, and they can cut costs by having a very few on-staff editors once the system is at the point where there are few errors. The government too must cut costs, and we are going to end up being on the losing end of that, as usual.

VA accounts and VR - apple pie

[ In Reply To ..]
I was reading over the email and it states that all MTs will be trained on the VR system. I type for VA and I wonder if it will stay straight transcription of switch over? ugh...

Pay is always on time. - OldDecrepitMT

[ In Reply To ..]
And they do have a pretty logo :)

OldDecrepitMT - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Just try making your mortgage payment with that pretty logo instead of money. :)

Something positive about MedQuist - Victim

[ In Reply To ..]
Sure, I am POSITIVE they exploit their transcriptionists to the max. Read the MTs' line count lawsuit of a few years ago. Then start sending out your resume.

MQ line count issue - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
When they finally decided to do something about the money we were cheated out of, instead of figuring out what was owed to who...they graciously donated money to AHDI in our name. Doesn't that make your hemorrhoids pucker?

MQ line count issue - In the know

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, they have been in bed with AHDI for years. They both support offshoring and exploiting MTs. It's a match made in heaven.

I now work for MedQuist - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am now an employee of MedQuist via the EtransPlus buyout. I have 1 more year before retirement, can anyone tell me what to expect?
TiredMT - Ex MQ
[ In Reply To ..]
Expect exploitation. Expect to be treated like a machine. Expect to be demoralized and to cry a lot. Is there any way you can retire early? Seriously.

Medquist buyout of eTransPlus - smokeydoc

[ In Reply To ..]
I've worked for them for 1 week. I specifically asked if a buyout was possible -- No. I wasn't even invited to the meeting this a.m. I'm turning in my pedal. I feel I was hired under false circumstances.

Forgot about the ETP pedal! - Dish

[ In Reply To ..]
You made my dismal day brighter! I totally forgot that dinosaur of a foot pedal ETP forced me to buy for their inferior platform is worth $120 when I return it. YOU'RE GREAT SMOKEYDOC! Thanks.

I'm sad about this - strawberry

[ In Reply To ..]
I really love my 9:00-5:00 M-F shift with straight typing. :(

At least we do get compensated for the foot pedal (I hope)

Can someone give me the condensed version of the conference call this morning? I was in surgery! sm - wasHappyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had already asked for today off to have surgery before the conference call issue even came up. I was hoping to be able to get on this morning, but I actually made into the OR early. Can someone tell me if they sais anything about keeping our current schedules, pay, when this is all going down, etc. Any info would be appreciated. I am just sick about this!

WasHappy MT - ExMQ

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure what your experience will be, but when MQ devoured the company I worked for my income went from 53K a year to 32K a year. Just sayin.

Similar Messages:

Medquist Buyout Of Spheris-Health Insurance?
Feb 04, 2010

I am a current employee of Spheris and was wondering what kind of health insurance does Medquist offer? If you could give details that would be great. ...

Etransplus To Medquist
Oct 20, 2011

does anyone have any information on the company medquist, was just recently told that etrans went to medquist with little notification other than a conference call on a Monday. thank you ...

ETransPlus Been Bought Out By Medquist. Oh Yay. Nm
Oct 03, 2011

nm ...

Etransplus Acquired By Medquist
Oct 03, 2011

Right now I am so devastated and upset I don't know what to do.  Etransplus, the people whom I work for fulltime (I work part-time for Medquist) was acquired by Medquist.  I wanted so much to not have to work for Medquist fulltime.  This is so devastating.  I was so much loving typing and doing ASR work at night, it was such a change . It was easier to just get that SMALL  paycheck that I receive from Medquist and the LARGE check I got from Etransplus, but now, I am ...

New To MedQuist Via ETransPlus, Is Anyone Happy Here?
Oct 09, 2011

I am new to MedQuist via the eTransPlus buyout.  Reading all these posts is truly scary.  I know people that are rather happy tend not to post as much (hopefully they are too busy working!), but is anyone, I mean ANYONE, happy or at least not ready to jump off a tall building working for MedQuist?  I am trying hard not to panic just yet, but it is getting harder!  So, does anyone have anything positive (even kinda sorta) to say about MedQuist? Thanks! ...

Buyout
Mar 30, 2012

A question for you previous buyout MTs.  How long is it usually when Nuance buys out a company and the official switchover is made before Nuance changes the platform?  ...

Would Any Of You Take A Buyout From MQ If Offered?
Jun 20, 2010

In past months I have read on this board, with dismay, so many posts about long-time MQ MTs/MEs failing consecutive audits, and eventually being discharged. I think it is a major coincidence that so many employees are suddenly and consistently failing to meet the same quality standards they always met. I think it’s a flimsy contrivance to get rid of the more highly paid employees and replace them with cheaper newbies while avoiding an age discrimination actions because those higher-paid pe ...

CBay Buyout Of MQ
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of changes.  Ba-Ba-Big Ch-Ch-Changes are coming.  CBay is trying to buy 100% of MQ.  Check out article at: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/news.asp?ticker=MEDQ:US Other articles of interest there also.  Basically reads: Management Led Buyout of MedQuist Causes Shareholder Claim Investigation by Goldfarb Branham Law Firm LLP DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 7, 2011-- Goldfarb Branham LLP is investigating whether the Board of Directors of Medqui ...

For Those Who Worked Through A Buyout
Jun 30, 2011

The hospital I work for went with an MTSO that doesn't offshore last year.  They were adamant about not using one that did.  After many months, they are still not on the MTSO's platform but now the MTSO has been bought out by a company that does offshore.  No one is getting any information regarding what is going on.  If the client you are working for did not want to go off shore and the MTSO they are using was bought out by one that does, did the cli ...

Webmedx Buyout
Jul 13, 2011

Thanks Webmedx for selling out and now keep us waiting for what seems a million years to hear about our job security, our pay, our PTO, our 401k, and on and on.  Just wish they thought this out first and kept us informed instead of their usual secrecy on the whole issue.  We were notifed right before the July 4 holiday, we would hear soon and well no news......I for one am not very productive as I am up and down popping ulcer remedies in my mouth wondering what is happening..... ...

Buyout Of My Company To MM
May 21, 2012

How will a hospital or clinic, who did not solicit MM for business, but were part of a buyout, work with MM? I don't understand? I doubt the clinics and hospitals will accept any electronic change from MM, they have their own and working fine. Is there something I am missing here? Usually folks solicit work from MM, but this is just the opposite, almost MM steppin' into the shoes of working with an acquired client who was not part of any negotiation, and may be resentful of even change ...

Webmedx Buyout,low Work
Nov 04, 2010

I do not believe there is a buyout, but maybe these facts can shed some light. Take a look at the com pg at the 3rd shift or which ever shift is working around 2 or 3 AM. Lots of work in lots of accounts, but almost all gone when the regular day shift comes on in the morning.  As I recall some time back Webmedx was hiring MTs for their so-called SWAT team and it was for those late night shifts. I believe the job was advertised as $19.00 per hour for outside (new hires) and as I recall for ...

How Are Things At Axolotl Since The Buyout? Nm
Nov 11, 2010

s ...

Axolotl - Anyone Know How This MTSO Is Doing Since The Buyout? (nm)
Jan 22, 2011

nm ...

MQ Strikes Innocent Again-buyout Of AT
Nov 01, 2011

The ugly squid has reared its head again!  MQ acquired Alltype as of 9/1/11 and then proceeded to ship every single AT account and ALL work to India. I know this for a fact.  Guess what, surprise surprise, we all got pink slips yesterday!!!!! Run for your life if you work for a company that gets bought out by MQ-the suits at MQ are unscrupulous and greedy!   ...

Transcend/MDI Buyout Dates?
Apr 06, 2015

Does anyone remember the date we officially switched from Transcend employees to Nuance?  If anyone was an original MDI employee, do you remember the date Transcend purchased MDI? ...

Interesting Article On Spheris Buyout.
Jun 01, 2010

Below is the link to article. http://business.nashvillepost.com/2010/03/15/spheris-seeks-approval-for-850k-bonus-plan/ ...

After Buyout, Which Company Name Do You List On Resume?
Mar 12, 2012

I was one of the DSG people who woke up one day to find that we were now M-Modal employees.  I declined the M-Modal offer, but was on the new payroll for just a couple of days....wouldn't have had a choice to be an M-Modal employee for at least that first day, even if I didn't want to be.   My question is, now that I'm applying for new jobs, how would you list your former employer's name on a resume/job app?  Instead of saying you worked at DSG for "X" number ...

Accentus- Info On Them Since Buyout By Nuance
Apr 30, 2013

Hi!  I am currently job hunting and am curious what anyone can tell me about their experiences in working for Accentus has been like since they were bought out in 2012 by Nuance.  I searched the archives and most of what I found about Accentus was from before the buyout, and may no longer be accurate information.  Thanks in advance! ...

My Company Merger/buyout Experience
Mar 08, 2014

I had an administrative role at my company before it was taken over by a big player. The following things happened. 1. The supervisors at my company were demoted to MTs unless they had a college degree and were willing to travel extensively. 2. The QA staff were kept but their pay changed from hourly to production with strict quotas. Almost immediately they had to QA terrible work from other countries. Every one of them quit before long because they made about half of what they previously made ...

What Was The Reason For The Transcend/Nuance Merge Or Buyout?
Mar 10, 2012

Are they saying its because of technology reasons? ...

ETransPlus Or TTS, LLC
Jun 08, 2010

Just wanting to know about these two companies.  TTS and eTransPlus.  Any positive or negative comments would be appreciated! ...

Anything To Say About ETransplus?
Jun 26, 2010

Does anyone have anything to say about eTransplus? ...

ETransPlus. Anybody Used PTO Since The New
Sep 27, 2010

pay scale in place.  If so, did you still receive the higher line rate even if your transcribed lines were below 6,000 because of the PTO that you took? ...

ETransplus?
Jun 20, 2011

I applied and passed all of the testing for eTransplus as advertised on the Job Seekers Board but haven't heard anything back. Did anyone else apply and hear back yet? Just curious since I expected to hear back after successfully jumping through all of their hoops....er, passing all of their tests ;-) ...

Any ETransPlus Employees?
Nov 11, 2009

Wondering if anyone has any info on this company - good or bad feedback is welcomed. Thanks! ...

Inquiring About ETransPlus
May 01, 2010

Inquiring about eTransPlus...anybody know any info about this company? Pros and cons? ...

Anybody Else At ETransPlus Out Of Work? Nm
Aug 05, 2010

x ...

ETransplus Platform?
Oct 01, 2010

Does anyone know what transcription platfor this company uses?   TIA ...

Is ETransPlus Hiring And
Dec 01, 2010

How about line rates, payday on time, supervisors, tech, any info appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...