A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Possible to finish coding course, then start working at home? - calc

Posted: Jul 03, 2010

Is it possible to finish a coding course and then start working from home? I don't want to work in house.

Working at home - Aspiring coder

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm still a student so I am not 100% sure but I think you might want to get an on site job first and get some experience, then try to find something where you can work at home. I don't know if any work at home coding jobs would be entry level, but Redpen or Linda Andrews would probably know for sure.

Similar Messages:

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

Looking To Start Typing Medical Transcription At Home
Jun 21, 2013

I am looking to start doing medical transcription at home. I have 8 years experience in a family physician's office. How do I get started? What is a fair wage?  ...

What Licenses Do I Need To Start A Medical Transcriptionist Company From Home?
Jan 06, 2012

I am interested in starting a small transcription company in my hometown. I will be advertising to the doctors in my town. I was told to check with my local City Hall. I have been transcribing for 12 years for a local hospital, but I am interested in venturing out on my own. Thanks in advance for the advice. Mel ...

Anyone Get Their CCS And Start Working Out Of
Apr 24, 2015

or do you always need to start off in an office?  ...

Going To Start Coding
Apr 04, 2010

I am wanting to start coding in the next month.  I have a question though.  Does it make a difference if you have a certificate or associates in it?  Is one better than the other? ...

Anyone Else Recently Start Working For
Nov 10, 2011

Accentus?  WOW!!  That is all I can say.  The platform is so horribly slow and bulky it is pathetic.  The sound files are lousy on top of the foot pedal (or even hitting F8) not "working" when you hit it.  This was the biggest waste of time!!! ...

Need To Start Working ASAP
Jul 27, 2012

Hello :) Decided to work outside of the home for a while, but that's no longer possible for me as my fiance is disabled and I need to be at home for our kids.  Does anyone know of any companies where the start time is almost immediate?  I have 14 years of experience in medical transcription and have worked in hospitals and at home.  TIA for any help! : )   ...

Start Working On Emdat
May 12, 2014

I about to start working on Emdat.  Can anyone tell me some basics as in what type foot pedal I need, does my shorthand work on it? Thanks for any and all repsonses ...

CODING SCHOOL - Where To Start?
Feb 07, 2014

Can anyone give me an idea where to start and how to choose an online class for coding?  I've looked at so many and need a better idea of what the most important aspect I am looking for is?  Andrews, Codingcertificate.org, Careerstep, etc. HELP please! ...

Need Help - Opened Editscript To Start Working And ... S/m
Jan 20, 2014

once the Word program opened, it's all in very small print. How do I change the font? The only way I have figured out is on each report which is way too time consuming. Thank you for any help ! ...

Wanting To Start Coding Classe
Sep 30, 2010

I have been wanting to start coding classes; however I am worried it will be outsourced like transcription.  ALso I need to work from home and I hear it is hard to get started.  I have been an MT for 5 years. Any advice?  I dont want to pay for school and it be outsourced. ...

Am I Too Old To Start A Career In Medical Coding
Jan 30, 2013

Dear Friends: I am 56 and I am a medical transcriptionists of 11 years and I am very interested in broadening my career and pursuing a career in medical coding.   I am interested in the Andrew's School.   I have two questions.  My first is what is the future of medical coding, i.e., will it be done offshore in the future like transcription and will it be replaced by the EMR.  The second question is am I tool old for training& ...

Going To Start Training In Coding ASAP
Jul 07, 2013

I am going to start training in coding ASAP.  I have been a transcriptionist for many years in house, and it is time for me to go.  My hospital does not offer tuition assistance for coding.   I need advice.  CCS versus CPC -- which is better paying or is there a difference?  I work with someone with a CPC-A.  Is that apprentice degree something you HAVE to do, because I'd rather avoid that as much as possible.  CareerStep Versus Andrews -- From what I can tell, CareerStep is affilli ...

I Am Too Old To Start The Andrew's School For Medical Coding
Feb 07, 2012

Dear Friends: I am 55 and I am a transcriptionist of almost 11 years and I want to switch carreers and am choosing medical coding and want to enroll in the Andrew's School.  Do you think I am too old to start a new career? I do not think so, but I would like some thoughts. I am healthy and I know I can do it.  Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time.  Fondly, Suzie ...

Working From Home?
Dec 01, 2009

Hello,   Im just finishing up a medical transcription course/certification program with Allied schools, and I was wondering if there are any of you MT's working from home or are most of you working in a hospital?  Also have any of you done the online certifications and if you did how did you get some experience under your belt to help you with the job?  I was a veterinary technician for years, so I sort of knew what I was getting into, but it has turned out to be a little mo ...

What I Don't Like About Working At Home Right
Mar 02, 2010

now is that I would really love to tell somebody off!! Yes, I know that may sound childish, but this company has put my stress level through the roof, my blood pressure through the roof, and their BS has me so pissed off, if I were in an office where they were I would find great satisfaction in letting them have it verbally, not in writing.  Yes, I would be fired on the spot, but it would be so worth it.  It's just not the same when they don't have to face someone in person.& ...

Working At Home
Mar 09, 2010

Everyone says "I would love to work from home".  Working from home has been having negative effects on me.  I've been doing this for 12 years.  I never used to have anxiety or depression.  Now, I do.  This job is so isolating.  I'm sick and tired of staying home in my PJs.  I try to get out of the house as much as possible, but little trips to the grocery store is not cutting it.  I get depressed staying home all the time.  I lack a social l ...

Getting In A Rut Working From Home
Mar 06, 2012

Becoming pretty much inactive, get up, login and work. Get off, turn on the TV and lay down or maybe spend a few hours on your favorite website. As far as making meals, they are far and few between because you eat in between working, breaks or just grab something totally unhealthy when you get off. Can go a couple of days without showering, lounging in pajamas, maybe groom and fix up once a week to go out for errands. House hold chores suffer because of lack thereof. My bedroom is a t ...

What I Like About Working At Home
Nov 17, 2012

Cocktail hour.   ...

Coding At Home
Dec 31, 2011

I have been an MT for the past 17 years; I have loved the job but this profession is really going down the tubes as far as pay and keeping up with the cost of living.  I'm interested in coding and specifically Andrews school but I LOVE the flexibility of MT and working from home.  What are the work-at-home options for coders?  From what I have read here, the CCS is important.  Any other helpful info would be appreciated.  ...

At Home Coding
Mar 29, 2014

Just wondering about the average pay for at home coders. Also, are part-time coding jobs available? What is the speed requirement? Thanks for any info. ...

Just Signed On To A Great Coding School Today - Start On Monday
Mar 28, 2014

I'm one of those that had a high enough test score to get into MModal's program but didn't quite make it.  I had already been looking at one of the Coding schools but wanted to give myself a week or so to think it over and not make a knee jerk move after being passed over by MModal.  Today, I picked up the phone and signed on with the school I've had my eye on and I start on Monday!  I'm actually reeeeally excited - and surprisingly I'm actually feeli ...

Moms Of Little Ones And Working At Home
Dec 17, 2009

For all you moms to little ones, have any of you found the best time to work from home?? Late at night? Early in morning? Hire a sitter? What works best? Thanks in advance. Just want some opinions and possibly helpful insight. ...

Do You Get Dressed For Your Day At Home Working?
Jan 22, 2010

For years, I NEVER got dressed.  Worked in sweats, pulled my hair back and that was it.  For the past six months or so, I get completely dressed, put on makeup, and for some reason, I feel A LOT better now and enjoy my work more!  That sounds crazy, I agree, but ws wondering how many get dressed to start their day and how many roll out of bed and into the computer chair.  Oh, but I am NOT able to wear shoes though, lol, I can't seem to work my foot pedal with them on:) ...

Anyone Take An Outside Job After Working At Home For Years?
Jan 28, 2010

A month or so ago, I sent a resume for a medical/legal transcription position locally and forgot all about it until they called today! Being in the middle of an op report, I wasn't thinking and said yes to an interview on Monday. I haven't worked outside the home in 15 years! I don't really have anything to wear in a lawyer's practice anymore. I don't know if I should cancel the interview or go.  Will I be able to handle working outside the home again? A ...

What Can I Deduct Working From Home?
Jan 28, 2010

For those who have filed taxes, can you give me some insight as to what I can write off on my taxes being self-employed? Any suggestions and advice would be most apprecieated. ...

Questions About Working From Home
Feb 04, 2011

I have a few questions about working from home.  I have a full-time job as a transcriptionist for a hospital, but I have recently applied to a company to do transcription from home, part-time.  I get paid an hourly wage at my job, but the company pays by the dictated minute, and I am not sure if it is a good wage.  They have a minimum requirement of 200 dictated minutes per week, and the pay is $1.15 per dictated minute.  If anyone who works from home could let me know if thi ...

Working With A New Baby At Home....
Mar 15, 2011

Hi all :)   I wondered if I might be able to get some advice from those of you who have worked from home with a new baby.  My baby was born in February and I'm due to start back to work soon.  I have an older boy, but I worked outside the home with him.  My baby is breast fed, which makes me wonder about how you handled frequent feedings.  Also, I wanted to know what you used if you needed to keep typing but be able to hold the baby as well.  I thought I would ...

Anyone Who DOESN'T Like Working At Home?
May 17, 2014

just wondering if I'm the only one.   Even though I dearly love being an MT. Reasons being ... Feel like I don't even know how to have a face-to-face conversation with people anymore.  SO bad for one's health, sitting all day.  Feel trapped in my house. Stressed because I have to maintain my equipment -- I don't understand computer functions, so need others' help when fix-ups need to be made (kids, husband).  Kind of like that one subject ev ...

Question About Working Out Of Home - Sm
Apr 17, 2015

Does anyone know if I can take off during part of the year and still work "from home" but using Wifi somewhere like a campsite for a few months? ...