A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Need help - opened Editscript to start working and ... s/m - mt2

Posted: Jan 20, 2014

once the Word program opened, it's all in very small print. How do I change the font? The only way I have figured out is on each report which is way too time consuming. Thank you for any help !

Here's how to fix it... - Beentheredonethat

[ In Reply To ..]
Close editscript.

Open up Microsoft word.
Set the font style/size you want.
Close Microsoft word.

After that anytime you go back into EditScript it will use the settings you set up in MSWord.

That then sets the default. I've had what you had happen to me several times - not sure why sometimes Word gets a crazy notion that I want some goofy font size and/or style. It's a random thing.

Thank you! nm - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Anyone Get Their CCS And Start Working Out Of
Apr 24, 2015

or do you always need to start off in an office?  ...

Anyone Else Recently Start Working For
Nov 10, 2011

Accentus?  WOW!!  That is all I can say.  The platform is so horribly slow and bulky it is pathetic.  The sound files are lousy on top of the foot pedal (or even hitting F8) not "working" when you hit it.  This was the biggest waste of time!!! ...

Need To Start Working ASAP
Jul 27, 2012

Hello :) Decided to work outside of the home for a while, but that's no longer possible for me as my fiance is disabled and I need to be at home for our kids.  Does anyone know of any companies where the start time is almost immediate?  I have 14 years of experience in medical transcription and have worked in hospitals and at home.  TIA for any help! : )   ...

Start Working On Emdat
May 12, 2014

I about to start working on Emdat.  Can anyone tell me some basics as in what type foot pedal I need, does my shorthand work on it? Thanks for any and all repsonses ...

Question For Anyone Working In EditScript....
Dec 01, 2014

In numbered lists, for example, when the dictator messes up (or the VR messes up) and you have to re-number all the following numbers.....changing 2 to 3, 3 to 4, etc...all the way down a long list....so annoying and tiring and happens almost all the time there is a long list...Sigh.... Is there an easier way to re-number the numbers that I don't know about.   I'm in EditScript/MS Word..... ...

Possible To Finish Coding Course, Then Start Working At Home?
Jul 03, 2010

Is it possible to finish a coding course and then start working from home? I don't want to work in house.   ...

The Retroperitoneal Space Was Opened And Exposed
Jan 12, 2010

using a s/l "_____ bookwalter". ...

Looking For Health Insurance And Opened A Pandora's Box
Mar 24, 2011

After being without insurance since losing my job, I decided to see what's to offer online for someone with a spouse with pre-existing condition. Two minutes after getting online quotes, I started getting phone calls. The phone has been ringing off the hook all afternoon.  I hate this. I can barely afford insurance anyway, but we do need it.  Did you know there are 'associations' that are now bunching different health insurance companies into a database and they can get ...

Oral Cavity Opened And Suspended From The
May 02, 2012

nm ...

Abdomen Opened In Layer Versus LayerS
Oct 24, 2009

abdomen opened in layer versus layerS, which do I use .... thanks ...

My Right Shift Key Is Sticking. I Opened A Coke At My Desk
Dec 03, 2010

and it spewed.  It only dripped a little bit on the keyboard and I immediately cleaned it up, but obviously a drop or two got down into the shift key and now it is sticking and it is driving me bonkers.  It's a new keyboard so I really don't want to have to pop out the key.  Any other suggestions? ...

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

Editscript - How To Check My Line Count In Editscript? 
May 18, 2013

Can anybody tell me how to check my line count in Editscript?  ...

My Start Menu Is Sideways And My Desk Top Is Sieways As Well And The Start Menu Is In The Upper Righ
Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it? ...

Any Difference In EditScript MT 9 And EditScript MT 9.12?
Dec 29, 2011

Does anyone know if there is any difference in EditScript MT 9 and EditScript MT 9.12?  If there is, how can we update this? It seems that my new place of employments line counting is not the same as my old place of employment.  New employer has EditScript 9, while my old work had EditScript 9.12, and my line count was much more at my previous employer.  Now it seems I can put out tons of work and see not much for lines...  Very frustrating. When questioning my employer now, they say t ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

When Does PTO Start?
Apr 06, 2011

I was told when I was hired that PTO started acruing immediately.  But my sup says no, but doesn't seem to want to tell me when it starts.  I think it stinks I was told immediately and it evidently doesn't start immediately.  ...

Where To Start
Aug 23, 2011

I would like to how you became coders? I saw someone went to Andrews, is that where most of you went?  I was a coder at a local hospital about 12 years ago.  I was taught on the job, no schooling at all.  I know things are changing and have changed significantly since I coded, and the way it sounds ICD-9 is going to ICD-10.  What suggestions would you give someone like me?  I also did transcription and have been doing that for the last 25 or so years, but I do not like t ...

Trying To Start IC
Mar 15, 2012

Hi All, Some IC questions for all you ICers out there.... 1) I know cpl is a 65-character line by most standards, but how do you calculate headers and patient info such as DOB, PatientID#'s etc.? 2) Also, how do you write a contract up for places who want to hire you as an IC? 3) What are some of the most important things to include in your IC contract in your opinion? 4) Software...do you need "platforms" such as everyone talks about on these forums that they use for th ...

What A Way To Start A Day - OOW
Jul 04, 2013

So I get to stay tethered to my house while my hubs and son go to a state park for a party.  I wish I could just leave but I'm not the kind of person to do that, I'd feel too bad.  Oh well, time to play some games ...

Start Looking Now!
Nov 02, 2014

This is specifically for ambulatory care MTs.  The axe has fallen and it will probably get worse, if that is possible.  I got out a month ago and am I ever happy that I did, after hearing what the new exciting changes are.  But I started applying, testing and even trying out other places months ago, and it took a while to finally find a good small, keep-work-in-the-USA and care about our team company.  Start looking now, because the resumes will be flooding any and all good-s ...

Been Away From MT For 10 Yrs - Where Do I Start?
Jan 05, 2015

I was an MT for 14 years with multi-specialty experience.  I have been out of the field for 10 years.  I am interested in getting back to it.  I have some questions:  -Should I work on Certification before finding a job?  Should I get Registered before Certification? -What equipment/software is generally being used this days for at-home/contractor? -What is the average PPL?  -How does straight transcription compare to VR editor as far as pay? -Right now I live ...

New To EditScript
Jan 26, 2010

Hi All.... I was just hired by an MT company that uses EditScript. This is a brand new experience for me as my previous MT job did not use this platform.  I've been studying the user manual and specs, but am nervous about starting tonight.  I'll be starting out with 10 reports.  I know it will be "SLOW GOING" especially tonight. I want to do a good job, but worry about being too slow at first. Any words of advice or encouragement out there???  I could use some ...

Going To Editscript VR
Feb 12, 2010

I am going to be going to ES VR.  I have been working on Dictaphone Extext straight typing and a little VR.  I did not find VR in Dictaphone to be good.  I have done ES before, and I believe it is better.  Considering the chump change we make to do VR, do you think you are paid enough to proof your work after you have edited the report, or do you do a once over and go on to the next one?  I mean, really, with what we make, we really have to do a once over to make anythi ...

EditScript And TTS
Jun 19, 2011

Offered a job with this company on EditScript platform. I still have job with major company.  Should I make the switch.  Pay is the same but run out of work a lot where I am now. ...

IE 10 For EditScript?
Mar 24, 2013

Can we use IE 10? ...

EditScript ?
May 25, 2013

Just wondering what people think about the platform EditScript.. would love to hear opinions, pros and cons.  Is it easy to learn? Thanks.  ...

Can Anyone Help? In EditScript, How To You Get That
Dec 11, 2014

little icon you can click on to "hear silence parts of dictation rapidly" back?   TIA ...

Pay .07 Per Line To Start
Nov 02, 2009

I've never been paid by the line.  I have over 10 years radiology experience, and this company wants to hire me with radiology experience at .07 per line "to start".....is this decent pay?  I'd have to type at least 1500 lines a day to make decent money.  Is that a lot of lines to do in a day?  Med Trans?  Ever heard of it? ...

Going To Start Coding
Apr 04, 2010

I am wanting to start coding in the next month.  I have a question though.  Does it make a difference if you have a certificate or associates in it?  Is one better than the other? ...