A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any other VLC students having problems with accessing grades,forums etc. - Maemoo

Posted: Dec 23, 2009

Haven't got any feedback from instructors in weeks and any emails to them are returned with "permanent fatal errors". Found 2 other students with the same problem as of today. Would like to know if there are any others. If anyone is affiliated with the VLC school on here I would greatly appreciate some answers. I'm getting really frustrated because I'm nearing the end of the course and have invested $1500.oo and almost 2 years of my time. To wind up with nothing to show for it at this point  would not be good. Especially with jobloss looming and an uncertain economy. If the company has gone belly-up, I think a reason why would be greatly appreciated to their students.

Thanks for listening.

Mae Moore

Frustrated student.

you can contact me at the following addresses.

**** ADDRESSES ARE NOT TO BE POSTED -- Moderator ****

Your feedback is appreciated.

I'm a VLC student too. Very concerned. - VLCstudentNC

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been waiting 2 weeks to receive a response to my last submitted graded report. Carol, my instructor, is typically slow in responding, but I have a sinking feeling that the school has closed down. I can't access the forum or my grade book. It does not look very encouraging at this point. I am very disappointed and angry right now!!!

Were in the same boat! - Maemoo

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, looks like you've been disapointed as well. It seems the VLC has taken our money (I spent 3500.00) and time (enrolled since 3/2008) and jumped ship. I would hope that they have the common courtesy to let all students know what has happened and what steps should be taken to either finish the course or get reimbursed funds.
Keep us posted if you find out anything on your own.
Holiday wishes.

Similar Messages:

Andrew Students. Just Wondering If You Would Like To Share What Grades You Are Getting On The Codin
Dec 04, 2011

Grades
Jan 25, 2011

Is it grade 2 spondylolisthesis or is it grade II spondylolisthesis? ...

Are Ortho Grades And Types Roman Numerals Or Arabic
Oct 26, 2010

Are ortho grades and types Roman numerals or Arabic?  ...

Another Day On The Forums
Jun 13, 2012

Someone will say she has no work and/or is only earning minimum wage.  Someone else will come in and claim to be making tons of money, tons! straight typing all day long, plenty of work.  The thread will turn ugly and get nuked.  Let's go! ...

Are The Forums Down
Aug 16, 2013

My friend on the east coast too can't access any of the forums. ...

MTSOs Using What You Say On Forums Like This Against You
Jun 15, 2010

I'm not an MTSO, never was, and never would be if I could help it. In one of the threads below someone mentioned that some larger MTSOs hold it against someone if they post something on a forum like this. I put myself in the position of the MTSO for a moment. What would I do if someone contacted me and told me that one of the MTs that was working for me was trashing me on a public forum. I would go look at it. If I knew who they were, I wouldn't send them any additional work. It wouldn ...

Forums Question
Jul 09, 2013

It used to be, when I read notes on the forum, the subject line would turn a different color after I read them. That's not happening anymore, and I'm having trouble remembering what I read and what I didn't. ...

Other Coding Forums
Dec 26, 2013

Glad tidings to all!  Does anyone know of any other forums with info and insights on coding?  Not looking for AAPC or AHIMA forums, but other chat/group forums.  ...

Accessing DocQScribe
Jan 11, 2013

What is the url to access DocQScribe from another computer if I wanted to type from another location? ...

I Wish There Was A Like/dislike Button On These Forums! Nm
Apr 01, 2011

. ...

Accessing Other Reports On A Patient
Apr 15, 2011

Is there a way to access other reports on a patient to view their previous medications and diagnoses when you can barely understand the dictating doctor?  I keep asking my supervisor, but I get the feeling I'm getting the run-around and I don't know why.  If there is no such function, or I'm  not allowed to access it, I wish they'd just tell me.  Everywhere I've worked before, this sort information was available, and it helped enormously, but here, I ...

Is Anyone Else Having A Problem Accessing UtiliPro?
Oct 03, 2012

cannot log in and in trying to reset password I get an error message.  ...

Accessing An Audited Report
Jan 13, 2014

When someone has a minute, could they please tell me how to access the text (with corrections) and sound file on a previously audited report?  I have never done this before and would like to look at one of them.  MANY THANKS! ...

Trouble Accessing Enterprise 5?
Mar 12, 2014

For  the last 2 days, I  have had trouble accessing E5.  I've been able  to  do reports intermittently,  but  keep  getting kicked off after doing 2-3 reports. When I  try to log   back on,  I  get  a "no internet connection."  However,  I do have a connection and   can access all  my  regular sites.  This   happened a few months back and TSM insisted it was just me. This morning I  call ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Accessing Remedy?
Feb 09, 2015

I tried to go into Remedy just now to report a problem with a report.  However, I could not access Remedy due to "unable to get childnotes....undefined"   Thanks in advance! ...

Are Posts On MT School Forums All Legitimate?
May 06, 2010

This might be a foolish question, but are all the posts on MT school forums for real?  I won't mention the school, but it seems that after several complaints about MT work, there's a sudden rush of "look how much money I'm making" posts.  Seems a little too good to be true.  Are there really people out there pulling in some good funds, or is this more like advertising for the school/MT industry? ...

I Was Just Over At Several Forums For Nurses And They Are Having Trouble Getting Jobs
Oct 30, 2011

One new nurse was told that her skills are stale and she needs to go through a "refresher" course, which costs $2,000 before she will be able to get a job. Another one has been looking for work for 6 months with no luck. I went over there to see if people in other kinds of work eat their young as MTs sometimes do. I thought maybe everyone else was happy and enjoying successful careers. Apparently not. These are tough times. I think sometimes we generalize so much that we depress each other. N ...

Text On Forums Showing Up Weak
Feb 12, 2015

Does anyone know why when I'm typing in the message field here, the font is coming out rather light and choppy? Example: Part of the "f" letter is missing. (All the letters have an issue.) This happens on my computer as well as another computer in my household--so it's not something with just my computer. The Subject field, Nickname/Alias field and E-mail field type out fine. The final product after physically submitting is showing up fine. ...

The Problem I Have Been Reading About On Blogs And Forums
Apr 14, 2015

I have noticed a trend in people who studied outpatient coding and realized it wasn't enough. It's not easy to find training in just inpatient, so those people appear to be stuck. They had the outpatient training, but aren't finding jobs as easily as if they had both outpatient and inpatient.  ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Accessing Client Profile?
Dec 08, 2009

I press F5 while in DQS to get the client profile to come up and it never loads.  I have tried it on several different accounts now (seems I get a different one for every report). Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.  ...

Accessing Backlog In DocQManage/DocQScribe
Jun 04, 2012

Can someone tell me how to access the backlog for an account in DocQManage/DocQScribe please? ...

Accessing Reference Repository In Fluency (DQS)
May 29, 2013

When I press CTRL+SHFT+F5 while I'm editing a job, a new window opens and it goes to the regular manager screen (where you check your statistics and QA feedback).  If I log into manager with my DEP password first, and then do CTRL+SHFT+F5 while in my report, it opens the reference repository screen, but it says "no client profile found" and if I click on the "Search repository" button, I get a pop-up box that says "You do not have permission to carry out t ...

Accessing Fluence 7.5 Trainingon Intranet
Oct 18, 2014

Anyone else having problems accessing this?  I get to the page when when I click on Platform Focus - the page is blank!! ...

Anyone Having Trouble Accessing MMODAL Email? - Nm
Jun 04, 2015

cc ...

Any VLC Students Out There?
Dec 22, 2009

Are any other VLC students out there hearing anything from VLC?  (See my earlier post...)  My emails don't seem to be getting through, I can't get hold of them on the phone - just voicemail - and they've not returned the message I left.  Two assignments I sent 9 days ago have not been reviewed.  $1500 for this course was way too much to be left in the air like this, never mind the 18 months of work for nothing!  Their forums are down so I� ...

How Many MT Students Do You Think There Are?
Mar 27, 2011

I know that there are a lot of programs, but does anyone know how many actual students there are or new graduates each year?  Will there be enough jobs to support that many students/new grads or will there not be enough new MTs to fill positions? I am very curious about this as I am considering medical transcription and the information out there is confusing. ...

Question For New Students
Jun 06, 2010

There was a rash of new coders signing up for coding courses down below.  How is it going?  We would love to hear from you about what you are experiencing so far.   ...

Andrews Students...
Feb 06, 2012

For those of you who are past or present Andrews students... how did you/are you paying for your course? I know you can either put a down payment or pay in full.  Just curious, thanks. ...

Coding Students
May 19, 2013

I am just wondering if any other coding students sometimes feel so overwhelmed, especially trying to work full time and study. I knew going into this that it wasn't going to be easy. One thing I have learned through all of this is that, yes there is a code for that, but you need to learn how to find it (even if it doesn't make one bit of sense)! :) ...

Any Andrews Students Or Grads?
May 08, 2010

I wondered if there are any current coding students or graduates from Andrews around?  I'm close to enrolling in their coding program, and I would really love to hear from others who have taken the course.  ...