A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

recently accepted a position with Spheris - KareB

Posted: Mar 23, 2010

I recently accepted a position with Spheris.  Does anyone work for Spheris?  Also do you know if you can use a laptop instead of their computer equipment that way I would not be cooped up in my home office all the time?  Thanks

Spheris - Raine59

[ In Reply To ..]
I've worked for Spheris for several years and to the best of my knowledge, you have to use the computer they provide, which is a desktop. It's possible that will change once they are taken over by Medquist or whoever ends up owning them.

Spheris - KareB

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks Raine59. Are you still working for them and do you enjoy it?

Spheris - Raine59

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I am unfortunately. I hate this company with a passion. I am trying to get out. I'm afraid if Medquist takes over, things will get even worse. Please look up both companies at www.jobvent.com
What a wealth of information (sm) - Long time MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I never heard of ww.jobvent.com until I saw it in your post! Imagine if all of us on this board went there and filled out anonymous ratings of our current company. It sure would be helpful for everyone who is looking for a job, especially to be able to rate them objectively on a scale.
Well, there's not really much objective about a bunch of anonymous people who may be the same p - posting about their jobs
[ In Reply To ..]
In any job you are going to find people who didn't make it or aren't happy, so all of the companies are going to get bad reviews. I can't see that it's very helpful or even healthy. If I hated a job, I would leave it and put all my energy in my new job. If I didn't have a new job, I'd put all my energy in finding one, but that's just me. I'm serious though, what benefit will it serve other than to make more people happy, which will make more spaces for some new people who will be happy to have those jobs.
What a strange "take" you have on it (sm) - Long time MT
[ In Reply To ..]
You really think a few disgruntled people will post over and over about a company? Who has the time or energy to put into that? Of course there's always going to be a percentage of people who don't like a company for whatever reason, but it's the trend that we as potential employees can look at and find in one place, instead of having to search all over. If most of the postings are positive and only a few are negative, then that speaks for itself. But in the case of Spheris where most of the postings are negative, then an MT might choose to pass that company by, which considering it's about to be sold to MQ would be a WISE decision. It's one of the drawbacks to what has become a home-based profession. It's hard for us to network and find out who is good and who is to be avoided. Of course, by keeping us in the dark that plays into the hands of the MTSOs who can promise us anything and give us very little but a headache. In fact, I'm kinda wondering if you aren't one of those MTSOs who doesn't want people posting about you at that website?
Well... - HelloKitty
[ In Reply To ..]
I have to agree with you. I think most MTs are extremely intelligent and can read between the lines enough to distinguish a personal vendetta from a relatively objective review of an employer. I'd rather sift through all of the comments on jobvent.com and draw my own conclusion from what's posted rather than go in to a position blind and become quickly disillusioned.

Precisely! (nm) - Long time MT
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Yes I know for a fact that 1 person is obsessed about doing exactly that - and that is only a person I know so probably other
[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, the answer is yes.
You'll hear from those who were fired or angry but never from those with positive things to say - I disagree with you
[ In Reply To ..]
That system is set up only for people who are unhappy, so you get a very skewed point of view. The people who are happy would have no reason to be there. It's an invitation to those who are unhappy to respond, but we never see the real story of why they are so angry.

I'll admit that there may be some legitimate complaints, but on the whole, it's just a place for those who failed for some reason to blame it on someone other than themselves.
"The people who are happy" (sm) - Long time MT
[ In Reply To ..]
You said the people who are happy would have no reason to be there. Really? Because as soon as I heard about the website I posted a very positive review of the company I currently work for. Then again I also write emails and letters to places praising their customer service if someone has gone out of their way. I believe in giving positive feedback as well as negative, so that others can know when they have done a good job. Positive reinforcement at jobvent would serve the same purpose. I think everyone on this board who is happy with their job should post something about the company on jobvent. It's how we help each other out in this quagmire that has become medical transcription.
Absolutely not true - There are postings for good places to work as well
[ In Reply To ..]
and not ONE of them is an MTSO. Still think it's just us? I don't think so!

It seems to me that you have a reason to keep people from going to that board?Could you be an MTSO???

Go read what people REALLY think of you.
Anyone who makes the effort to post on that board - Has something important to say
[ In Reply To ..]
None of us take time away from our lives to post on boards like that just for fun. If someone takes their time to post, that means they truly feel what they are telling. I have no trouble believing what I am reading on jobvent.com.
We need to keep this posted so that it stays at the TOP - We CAN sink these companies
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for posting this site. Now I know where to go with all of the information I have about these corrupt and ruthless MTSOs. They deserve this and I am so glad to see it is there!

Spheris - nocode

[ In Reply To ..]
I presently work for Spheris. I greatly dislike this company, especially since converting my assigned accounts over to their absolutely slow and cumbersome Cornerstone platform. This was the last straw. I'll be quitting transcription for good in the next month since Spheris is going down the toilet to probably the Q. I will not work for the Q. Already have in the past. No thanks. Planning on getting early retirement. Same amount monthly as I now earn at Spheris.
spheris - spherismt
[ In Reply To ..]
Been with Spheris 8 years, and I too dislike the company very, very much and am actively looking elsewhere. Don't really find the grass is greener anywhere else. Really hoping to get out of the industry altogether.
Greatly dislike is right - Me2
[ In Reply To ..]
I wholeheartedly agree with you both. C-stone and M-Modal in particular was the straw that got me moving, looking at other options. MQ is the one that is going to push me right out the door. Wish I could find a transcription job, but that's not looking good. May just have to do something else altogether.
Spheris - BH
[ In Reply To ..]
Spheris has "help loops". Does the account you work on in Spheris have them? If Medquist takes over, do they have them? If I didn't have them, I would really be in the dark.

Similar Messages:

I Accepted A Position And After
Jun 17, 2011

reading all the fine print, I don't want to work for the company....how should I go about telling them? I don't want to burn a bridge in case I become desperate for a job later on!! ...

Just Accepted A Position With Accentus
Apr 14, 2012

Hi everyone I just accepted a position with Accentus and I was wondering if there are any other folks here who work for them and how you like it ?? Thanks everyone ! ...

Somone Below Said They Just Accepted A Position At Oracle....
Feb 20, 2014

Are they SERIOUSLY hiring again?!!! If so, that is outrageous.  There's not enough work for people now!  What the are they thinking? ...

Clear Choice Transcription - Accepted A Position With This Company?
Sep 09, 2010

Has anyone actually accepted a position with this company?  If so, would appreciate insight into what you think of the company.  I know the pay scale isn't all that great, but it's better than nothing at this point. ...

Anyone Currently/recently Work For ACTI In Georgia? Offered Position.....
Nov 15, 2011

The one sticking point for me is necessity of "renting" their software, have NEVER had to pay to use a company's software, find this odd.  They seem to have a DECENT pay structure, the norm, and also SEEM fairly flexible.  Could ANYONE shed some light for me, eager to get back to work, but not be taken advantage of!  Thanks a bunch everyone. ...

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

SPHERIS ON AUCTION BLOCK TODAY - Transcend Submits Bid To Acquire Spheris - See Press Release
Apr 13, 2010

HOT OFF THE PRESS SEE BELOW     Transcend Submits Bid to Acquire Spheris     ATLANTA, Apr 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- TRANSCEND SERVICES, INC. /quotes/comstock/15*!trcr/quotes/nls/trcr (TRCR 17.43, +0.13, +0.75%) , the third largest provider of medical transcription services to the U.S. healthcare market, announced today that it has submitted a bid to acquire substantially all of the assets of Nashville, Tennessee-based Spheris, Inc. and the stock of ...

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 20, 2014

OMG GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Anyone Interviewed And Or Accepted Job With
Oct 18, 2012

would like to know process? ...

I've Just Been Accepted To College!!
Oct 22, 2013

After going back and forth for two years, I finally decided to apply for college and I was accepted, yay me!!  Actually, I already have my Associate's degree, so this isn't my first time in college, but I feel like I've taken a huge step in my life and I was so excited I just wanted to share with my fellow MTs!  Just an FYI, after researching an endless amount of colleges, I chose WGU majoring in Health Informatics and am even considering my MBA there as well because the ...

Is Oversew An Accepted Word?
Jan 03, 2011

I see this listed in many dictionaries. I think it is okay. Should it be hyphenated? ...

I Am An MT W/20 Yrs Exp (acute/clinic) Who Just Accepted
Aug 17, 2012

x ...

Help! I Just Was Accepted With A Co. That Pays 3CPL
Mar 17, 2014

for editing and 8CPL for regular transcription, though they say it's 95% editing.  The interviewer said this was the going rate.  REALLY?  Should I hold out and find a higher editing rate?  How do you make more than minimum wage with that?   ...

UNEMPLOYMENT - ACCEPTED OR DENIED??
Feb 22, 2015

(forgive me for posting this twice, but I am new here and I wanted it at the beginning of Nuance posts but somehow it ended up in the middle of an ongoing discussion - so I am attempting to repost here. )   Does anyone know the answer to this?? Our hospital is going with Nuance. We are being pressured to make a decision by this week as to whether we go with Nuance or accept the unemployment. Here is our question... I hope a few people answer this!!! Do ANY of you know anyone who did not a ...

What Is The Accepted Abbreviation For Subcutaneous?
Apr 17, 2015

I have a dictator who is very particular and says "sub hyphen q."  I've always been a little foggy on whether it is subcu, sub-q or always expand to subcutaneous.  Thanks! ...

Accepted A Job Transcribing For Legal And Insurance Letters And Forms.
Mar 26, 2014

I applied for a job with a company and was hired.  The start pay is just okay, but increases as your line count increases and  I think this is a good way for me to get my foot in the door and experience with working with other types of transcription and jobs.  It is straight typing and involves insurance and legal matters and forms.  If anyone wants to know more about it, I will be happy to let you know.  I start in April.  ...

S/l "Accepted Insertion: Cecum"
Jan 20, 2010

transcribing a colonoscopy.  He says this right after he lists the instrument name, and it sounds like "accepted insertion cecum".  Thank you for any help! ...

For All The MTs Who Have Recently Been Let Go, Can You
Nov 05, 2012

please post how much you got paid per line.  I think that really is why you all were let go because you made too much per line.  We can narrow it down to that if you would all post how much you made.  Thanks ...

Recently!
May 25, 2013

raise! Hopefully it's across the board! ...

NJA Recently?
Apr 11, 2014

Just wondering how the NJA problem is since 60 of us have moved on.  We've had 2 new ILP accounts to QA (which are horrible) and 1 group hospitals that have come back from ILP land, but only recieved a small handful of MTs to compensate.  My BOB has been swamped for the past week with late jobs every night.  My TSM says that her manager said that there isn't anybody who can help out.  I was just wondering if he/she is just too lazy to actually look.  I know the ...

Recently Finished
Apr 29, 2011

I just recently finished my MT course through At-Home Professions and Im just waiting to hear back on my final. I feel that I have done well as far as the terminology and looking things up but Im still not comfortable with my punctuation. Does anyone have any advice? ...

To Those Who Have Recently Been Bought By MQ And Still
Dec 07, 2011

working on your accounts from your bought-out company, are you consistently running out of work? We were told things would not change for a while but I'm running out of work all the time.  I tried to apply for SUI this morning online but with this particular situation, I could not answer some questions to complete application so  I have to go down there, which I am getting ready to do.  I don't want to quit but this is getting extremely frustrating punching in and n ...

Anyone Else Experience This Recently?
Aug 31, 2012

For the past month, I've applied for an MT position with almost every MTSO who posts a job.  I've tested with all of them, and I don't get a call back. This is a new thing for me.  I've been in the industry over 20 years, have done every specialty plus QA. In the past when I've looked for a job I've found one in only one day.  What's up? ...

For Those Who Have Left Recently, Did You Get Your PTO
Nov 16, 2012

I am giving the 2 weeks' notice but I'm curious when they payout the PTO.  TIA! ...

Patient First Recently
Nov 19, 2013

Hi. I was contacted recently by PF, tested again in person, set up for training (which was later rescheduled but is apparently still on), and told I have the job, but so far I have been utterly unable to get anything like an actual offer letter or anything STATING the terms of employment, like pay, PTO, basic benefit info, etc. (and I have asked and asked). Is this normal for them or a recent development? Everything they have TOLD me in person and on the phone has been just what the PF employees ...

Anybody Who Quit Recently, Can You Tell Me
Mar 26, 2014

Just planning ahead.  Thanks. ...

Imedx - Has Anyone Been QA'd Recently
Dec 18, 2014

I am curious, has anyone from Imedx been QA's recently. Can you briefly share me your story and how it went. Thanks a lot! ...

If You've Recently Quit
Dec 30, 2014

Volumes have skyrocketed in the accounts on my team, and while my manager is spewing off that it's just abnormally high volumes, I think it's because people have jumped ship. I was wondering if those of you who quit and still visit this board could comment with your ex-TSM's initials.   ...

MD-IT After Applying And Testing With Them Recently?
Aug 10, 2010

Curious if anyone has heard back from MD-IT after applying and testing with them recently?  TIA. ...

Recently Applied For A Job With Keystrokes
Jun 23, 2011

I have recently applied for a job with Keystrokes. Does anyone have information regarding this company?  If so, please share with me as I am looking something part time and one of my specialties is Otolaryngology. Thanks for any info you may have! ...