A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Somone below said they just accepted a position at Oracle.... - sm

Posted: Feb 20, 2014

Are they SERIOUSLY hiring again?!!! If so, that is outrageous.  There's not enough work for people now!  What the are they thinking?

I think the days of them caring about the MT are long gone sm - Starving OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
if they ever existed in the 1st place. The T account actually has work today but that is a freak of nature lately. Years ago, they paid 9 cpl, now they offer 7-1/2 on new accounts. They over hire and the A's are 2 of the rudest people I have ever encountered. The bloom has definitely fallen off of this rose.

OTI - gltrgrami

[ In Reply To ..]
I am the one who just accepted a position with OTI; only to never hear from them!! What is up with that? I worked for them about 5 years ago, great company, good pay, really nice people. What has happened? The only thing I can think of is they didn't get the account they thought they had. The pay was crap, but I was willing to take it because it was psych - my fav, and I thought I was in heaven getting out of MM. The least they could have done was emailed me and let me know what was going on. Oh well, wasn't meant to be. I will keep looking.

That's awful. Did you try contacting one of the sisters? sm - Starving OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
They have both been very kind and helpful to me in times past, much nicer than A. If they officially hired you, they at least owe you an explanation. Good luck.
Yeah, good luck! HA!!!! NM - OTIer
[ In Reply To ..]
d
OTI - gltrgrami
[ In Reply To ..]
Ya know, I thought about that. I remember one of their names was Iz, or that's what she was called. I know payroll was Kathy, Iz's sister. I don't know much more than that. I could call, but we only got to the point of me accepting the position through an email, so no real paperwork was done. I have a feeling it was a blessing in disguise. Something not too good is going on at Oracle. Too bad, I loved working for them. The pay was so low, compared to what I made before, that tells me that something isn't right. If I hear from them eventually I would really have to think about taking a job with them.
You got some of it mixed up..........sm - OTIer
[ In Reply To ..]
K is not I's sister. K does do the payroll, but L is I's sister. I don't think we are supposed to mention full names on here.
OTI - gltrgrami
[ In Reply To ..]
Actually you are wrong. If you go to their website there is a section there that tells their story. I,K and L are all sisters. Funny thing, when I used to talk to K, she sounded exactly like I. Anyway, really nice people.
You are wrong again!!! ...............L and I are twins.....sm - OTIer
[ In Reply To ..]
One of them dated J. who then married K. who have since divorced.

If you can find a link where it says all three are sisters I will eat my hat. It does NOT say they are sisters.
And its I and L who sound exactly alike. sm - OTIer
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been there a long time.
I just read the little ditty on their web site -- I knew about sm - Starving OTIer
[ In Reply To ..]
the cats, but not some of the other story. It says K was married to G, the office manager ... doesn't mention her being related otherwise. I have been at OTI for a few years now and have talked to both I and L, but cannot honestly recall what either of them sound like. I have always enjoyed working there, but the no work situation is hard to deal with.
I know, I'm being picky, but - butting in
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not the OP or "OTIer" but I just read the websight and it was J not G. I've been there, I'll bet, longer than most.
I think the point was that K is not a sister, but nm - hats off to you ... picky wins
[ In Reply To ..]
v

Similar Messages:

I Accepted A Position And After
Jun 17, 2011

reading all the fine print, I don't want to work for the company....how should I go about telling them? I don't want to burn a bridge in case I become desperate for a job later on!! ...

Just Accepted A Position With Accentus
Apr 14, 2012

Hi everyone I just accepted a position with Accentus and I was wondering if there are any other folks here who work for them and how you like it ?? Thanks everyone ! ...

Recently Accepted A Position With Spheris
Mar 23, 2010

I recently accepted a position with Spheris.  Does anyone work for Spheris?  Also do you know if you can use a laptop instead of their computer equipment that way I would not be cooped up in my home office all the time?  Thanks ...

Clear Choice Transcription - Accepted A Position With This Company?
Sep 09, 2010

Has anyone actually accepted a position with this company?  If so, would appreciate insight into what you think of the company.  I know the pay scale isn't all that great, but it's better than nothing at this point. ...

CAN SOMONE TELL ME HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR...
Feb 13, 2014

speech wreck to get it right?  I know I am not the only one making corrections to the medication list (Lisinopril 40 mg. 1. P.o. daily b.i.d.)  I just had a report with 30 medications and NONE of them were correct! I have been making the same corrections I know for OVER A YEAR NOW!!!!  I may as well TYPE them all out. Just so frustrating!     ...

Superior Global Solutions. They Are Looking For Somone Very Good With
Dec 08, 2012

ESLs.  Can someone tell me the quality of the dictation and sound and if it is worth looking into.  Thanks much! ...

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 20, 2014

OMG GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Anyone Interviewed And Or Accepted Job With
Oct 18, 2012

would like to know process? ...

I've Just Been Accepted To College!!
Oct 22, 2013

After going back and forth for two years, I finally decided to apply for college and I was accepted, yay me!!  Actually, I already have my Associate's degree, so this isn't my first time in college, but I feel like I've taken a huge step in my life and I was so excited I just wanted to share with my fellow MTs!  Just an FYI, after researching an endless amount of colleges, I chose WGU majoring in Health Informatics and am even considering my MBA there as well because the ...

Is Oversew An Accepted Word?
Jan 03, 2011

I see this listed in many dictionaries. I think it is okay. Should it be hyphenated? ...

I Am An MT W/20 Yrs Exp (acute/clinic) Who Just Accepted
Aug 17, 2012

x ...

Help! I Just Was Accepted With A Co. That Pays 3CPL
Mar 17, 2014

for editing and 8CPL for regular transcription, though they say it's 95% editing.  The interviewer said this was the going rate.  REALLY?  Should I hold out and find a higher editing rate?  How do you make more than minimum wage with that?   ...

UNEMPLOYMENT - ACCEPTED OR DENIED??
Feb 22, 2015

(forgive me for posting this twice, but I am new here and I wanted it at the beginning of Nuance posts but somehow it ended up in the middle of an ongoing discussion - so I am attempting to repost here. )   Does anyone know the answer to this?? Our hospital is going with Nuance. We are being pressured to make a decision by this week as to whether we go with Nuance or accept the unemployment. Here is our question... I hope a few people answer this!!! Do ANY of you know anyone who did not a ...

What Is The Accepted Abbreviation For Subcutaneous?
Apr 17, 2015

I have a dictator who is very particular and says "sub hyphen q."  I've always been a little foggy on whether it is subcu, sub-q or always expand to subcutaneous.  Thanks! ...

Accepted A Job Transcribing For Legal And Insurance Letters And Forms.
Mar 26, 2014

I applied for a job with a company and was hired.  The start pay is just okay, but increases as your line count increases and  I think this is a good way for me to get my foot in the door and experience with working with other types of transcription and jobs.  It is straight typing and involves insurance and legal matters and forms.  If anyone wants to know more about it, I will be happy to let you know.  I start in April.  ...

S/l "Accepted Insertion: Cecum"
Jan 20, 2010

transcribing a colonoscopy.  He says this right after he lists the instrument name, and it sounds like "accepted insertion cecum".  Thank you for any help! ...

Anyone Know What's Up With Oracle/OTI?
Jan 31, 2010

I haven't had much work for months.  Since last summer actually.  Can never make minimum.  I have another part-time job so I'll survive, and I do like that company on a whole, but there has been NO WORK.  They keep promising new accounts that never happen.  Is it just me?  Are there some Oracle workers that are happy and have enough work? I know sometimes it is famine time as an MT, but this is ridiculous. I wonder if they lost some big accounts or somethi ...

Where Is Oracle? 
Aug 12, 2010

Where is Oracle?  I miss her intelligent answers.     ...

Oracle Pay Cut
Nov 10, 2010

Just wondering - how many at Oracle got a pay cut 10/01?  Not trying to start problems - just disappointed in them and wondering.  ...

Does Anyone Know If OTI/Oracle Has Given Up On Their ASR?
May 03, 2011

Just noticing that I am getting some regular transcription that used to be ASR. ...

Oracle?
May 22, 2011

I've applied to Oracle....any thoughts?  Are they heavy ESL?  Any info appreciated!  Thanks!   ...

Anyone Get The Job With Oracle - OTI??
Nov 13, 2012

Sounds like a pretty reasonable place to work. Hardly ever read any posts here about them so I assume, no news is good news and their employees must be fairly content. Just curious, as they seldom hire. I applied, but I am acute care/hospital transcription and they were looking for people to fill multispecialty clinic account, so folks who have an extensive background in clinic work. Just curious if anyone has started and how they like it. Also curious if there are any who have been with ...

Does Oracle (OTI) Still Have ASR?
Oct 09, 2013

d ...

Haynes And Oracle
May 04, 2010

Has anyone heard of Haynes Transcription or Oracle transcription. If so, I would like to get good or bad info on them.   Thanx ...

Oracle Transcription?
Jul 20, 2010

Does anyone currently (or you did sometime this year) work for Oracle Transcription? If so, what's your experience been like? I'm interested in working with them part time as an IC. ...

Oracle Workload
Aug 12, 2010

Can anyone tell me how the workload is at Oracle?  I'm tired of it being slow all the time where I am currently.  I'm concerned about taking a new position and it being the same-o, same-o. ...

Is Oracle And OTI The Same Company?
Jun 23, 2011

Is Oracle and OTI the same company?  Any info on either?  Thanks. ...

Oracle Or Landmark? And Why?
Sep 23, 2010

Which one would you choose, and why?  (I am experienced on Bayscribe, a platform they both use.) ...

Oracle Info Please
Sep 25, 2010

Can anyone give me info about Oracle? Good or bad is welcome. ...

Oracle Reply?
Sep 30, 2010

For anyone who applied to Oracle last week, did you get any kind of reply?  I called their office and the receptionist said she was looking over many aps and would be hearing from her, but nothing.  ...