A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anything other than ExpressScribe to playback test files? - CB

Posted: Feb 25, 2014

Apparently, and I did not know this since I have not used it in a long time, it is no longer free to use with a footpedal.  I know I can play it back in Windows Media, but again, I cannot control it and it takes to long to transcribe anything.

Transcription Buddy is free for 30 days. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

For The Record player is another one (permanently free, I think).

http://www.libertyrecording.com/TB_main_Player.htm

http://www.fortherecord.com/products/player

Similar Messages:

ExpressScribe And Audio Files/CODEC?
Nov 02, 2010

I sure hope someone out there can help me with this. Due to this situation I will be losing each day and this is only day 1 at this point so need to get this resolved. Problem: I get my files through FTP, download them into ExpressScribe and then play via foot pedal. I have been able to do this on this same account for months. The other day my supervisor wants me to work on a new account so I proceed to get my files the same way as above, but when I put them in ExpressScribe I get a window that ...

Anyone With Playback Problem With Practical Part Of M*Modal Test? Sm
Mar 21, 2012

I had no problems wit the objectiv questions but when I tried to use the keyboard controls or foot pedal to transcribe the sample reports, wouldn't work, even after I downloaded their footpedal software from Career Step.  ...

Anyone Ever Get Test Files Vis Email That Won't Play?
May 06, 2010

x ...

Anyone Know How To Convert .spf Files (ShortHand) To .txt Files For Autocorrect?
Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!! ...

First Day On DQS 7 - Playback Problem
Oct 15, 2012

At times, all of a sudden the playback will go back to the beginning. Very frustrating as I then have to find my place again. Is this is a problem for others - or am I accidentally hitting some key combination? ...

Fluency Playback
Nov 24, 2014

you know this accelerated playback thing we were told to disable?  anyone else experiencing that with this thing off it takes way longer to get through editing a job?  another way they've figured out how to get us to make less money?   dying here.   i was reading some of the other posts where they were saying they used to get 50,000/year doing transcription.  Holy Moly!!  the most i ever got, after 20 years of employment at the same hospital was abou ...

Very Weird .wav Playback Problem
Aug 31, 2010

I have some .wav files I need to load into Express Scribe for a potential placement with a company for school. They will not play in windows media player, or Express Scribe. In ES it says "Opening audio file failed." After this I even downloaded other .wav files for school and they work and play just fine. I am totally at a loss as to why these particular files won't play. Another student said they are working fine for her. Any ideas? ...

Help Request For Audio Playback
Apr 12, 2011

Can anyone tell me how to change the playback on the DQS audio?  Right now I'm getting a playback of about 3 or 4 words, and it's more of a hindrance than a help.   ...

Ctrl G Playback Highlighter And
Sep 12, 2012

I keep getting e-mails that I am not using this shortcut while editing in 7.1. I don't understand how it works (I've tried) and how is it helpful? Seems like unnecessary keystrokes to me. Anybody using it who cares to explain it? TIA ...

Audio/Playback Problems?
Nov 07, 2014

Anyone else having playback problems...delay in hearing dictation with foot pedal, jerky cursor movement?  ...

Express Scribe - What Settings Are You Using Under The Playback Tab
Feb 10, 2010

I wanted to know if anybody is using Express Scribe. If so, what settings are you using under the Playback tab. I am having a hard time listening to the doctors that I dictate for and the practice files I have to do for school (haven't passed my final yet). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

I'm Missing The Call. I Was Going To Watch A Playback Later, But I Think I'd
Oct 15, 2012

x ...

Audio Playback Keyboard Shortcuts
Oct 16, 2012

Does anybody know what the keyboard shortcuts are to stop and start audio playback in DQS? I know I have done it by accident before, and it keeps playing, unlike if you use the foot pedan where you have to hold it down the whole time.   I have never liked having to hold the pedal down.  I was used to Express Scribe, where you can tap to start and stop and don't have to keep your foot pressed down.  Now I am standing up some of the time while working to avoid s ...

How Do You Decrease Playback In EMDAT/Inscribe
Nov 01, 2014

I have racked my brain trying to figure this out and it's driving me nuts.  When I let up off the foot pedal the dictation goes back too far.  Anybody out there know?  Please help. ...

Foot Pedal/audio Playback
Jan 26, 2015

Does this happen to anyone else - your footpedal stops working in the middle of a note and you have to use the keyboard commands to finish playing the audio, you upload the job and the footpedal may work for the next note or may not.  Frustrating.  Not as good with the keyboard commands for audio.  I have shut down and restarted and that will help for a while.  Called IT and of course, they say my footpedal is fine and to shut down if it happens then log back in.  Its ri ...

QA Feedback Playback Control Panel Problems???
Jul 24, 2012

Is anyone having else having problems with the QA feedback playback control panel?? ?  Since around the end of June, my playback control panel is no longer stationary or fixed to the bottom of the window so that I could use it easily to playback, start and stop audio to listen to corrections.  It now is fixed to the bottom of the text and scrolls out of view if I'm at the top of the report.  Also list of corrections on the right also is no longer fixed to the screen and scrol ...

Anyone Buy ExpressScribe Pro?
Aug 20, 2012

I have the free version but it sounds tinny and I have tried the bass fixes they mentioned on the site. Just wondering if anyone owns the Pro version to know if it's worth buying or if it is going to sound the same way. I started a new job last week and am struggling because I am leaving so many blanks from the echo of ExpressScribe. TIA ...

Express Scribe - I CANNOT Figure Out How To Create A Playback Time
Aug 06, 2012

I downloaded the free trial of ES on my computer which runs Windows 7. For some reason I CANNOT figure out how to create a playback time, the time when I lift my foot off the play pad and put it back on, and still hear some of what I JUST heard. You know what I mean. I have tried changing the numbers of what I think are the correct "playback controls," but to no avail. Will someone help me, please? TIA! ...

Desperately Need ExpressScribe Help
Oct 14, 2009

I am trying to transcribe files in Express Scribe.  The first file keeps speeding up and going really fast, even when I decrease the speed button on the display.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  The second problem is when I start the voice file, when I lift my foot off the pedal, the file keeps playing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! ...

DocShuttle With Expressscribe
May 14, 2010

Does anyone use DocShuttle with Express Scribe?  ...

ExpressScribe And Footpedal
Oct 11, 2010

I have used expressScribe before with my footpedal... but I have forgotten how to hook it up!!!  What I mean is I stopped using ExpressScrbice for a while and deleted it from my computer- I just re-loaed it and now I cant use my footpedal!!   Can some one help me in setting this up again?!?!  Thanks!!! Jess ...

Some Questions About ExpressScribe
Apr 05, 2012

I have been an MT for decades, using Word Perfect, then Bayscribe, and now another platform.  I never worked in Word. I was in the dark about a lot of things, being at my previous job for over 10 years, perfectly content, not realizing the chaos that was going on in this industry.  After being sold about 2 years ago, I had to learn a new platform, learn VR, and finally after a few years, understand how to use this particular platform.  Please bear with me as I ask a few ...

ExpressScribe Problems
Apr 09, 2012

I was using the free version of ExpressScribe and had no problems.  I purchased it yesterday, and now my wav files won't download.  Nothing has changed.  Can someone help me?  I did not pay for their support help, and am wondering if this is some sort of way that they want to get me to purchase the support help.  Thank you. ...

ExpressScribe And MS Word
Jun 29, 2012

New to this. How can I listen to file in ExpressScribe and type it in MS Word? ES gives me the area where I can type it, but I would rather no have to copy and paste if I can just type it in Word but still listen to the dictation. Any info would be helpful. Thanks so much! ...

Problem With ExpressScribe
Jul 19, 2012

Hi, all,   I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having with ExpressScribe.  I have used the free version for years.  I recently uninstalled it because I had an issue with it playing the files I needed, and after the uninstall, I re-downloaded the program.  However, now I only get a trial version, and when I try to set up my pedal, the message pops up that my pedal doesn't work with the trial version and that I can upgrade to Pro.  I didn' ...

Alternative To ExpressScribe
Sep 29, 2012

I desperately need an alternative to ES.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling for the free trial version several times.  I finally kept getting a message that I could no longer download the free trial, so I purchased the Pro version because I was promised that I was also paying for tech support.  The program keeps freezing up.  I am having an awful time loading files.  Yesterday afternoon I was trying to load files and it took me an entire 4 hours to get 15 files loaded with no more ...

ExpressScribe Users Please Help...sm
Nov 13, 2012

Could someone tell me when load and delete voice files into ExpressScribe, how the heck do I get it to save the original date and time stuff was recorded instead of changing it to the date and time I brought it into the program.  Frustrated.  Thanks all. ...

ExpressScribe Jamming Up Computer
May 06, 2011

Recently I downloaded ExpressScribe onto my PC, but shortly thereafter I had to delete it because my computer kept jamming up!!  Now I'm reading various complaints on this board about the program so thought I'd post this to see if anyone else had similar problems with it. Any recommendations for other player software programs that can handle WAV files? Thanks! ...

Can I Access Markers In ExpressScribe?
May 08, 2012

When a doctor uses markers at the beginning of each patient's dication in a recording, how can I access those in Express Scribe when listening to it? I have e-mailed the company twice, and the first reply was totally unrelated to my question. There was no reply to the second query. I am currently using the free dl version of ExpressScribe but would glady upgrade to the $30 version if I was sure I could access the markers. Thanks for any help! ...

ExpressScribe Won't Play A Wav File
Jun 29, 2012

I can load it into the dock, but it says there are 0 minutes of dictation. If I play it on Windows Media, it says I need a codec. I don't know what that is. If I right click the file, I see it has 2 minutes of dictation on it. Why won't it play? I've tried opening it in several other places, and it just won't work. This is the free version. I've played dozens of files before. ...