A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Media player won't play .wav files - Gumby

Posted: May 22, 2012

My media player stopped playing .wav files and now I cannot test with anyone because I cannot get it to work on either my XP computer or my Windows 7 computer.  I googled it and it seems like a lot of people are having the same problems but I cannot fix mine.  Anyone else have/had this problem?

Download Express Scribe - it's free - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I know this doesn't answer your question, but it will help you get back to testing while you figure it out :)

MSV - Goofball

[ In Reply To ..]
download file converter.

Similar Messages:

Help! Audio Player That Can Play Dss, Wav, Mp3 Files
Jul 20, 2012

Ok, I'm a new at-home transcriptionist after working inhouse for years, and I am starting a new job soon but I'm confused.  I was told I need an audio player that plays dss, wav, mp3 files.  Can the free version of Express Scribe do this, or do I need the Pro version?  Are there any other free audio players I can download?  Sorry if this is a stupid question!   ...

Olympus DSS Standard Player V1.0 To Play Ds2 Files
Dec 31, 2010

I am typing ds2 files and am using the above player which the olympus representative said was created to play ds2 files.  however, I have tried taken the file from the place it was sent to me and it seemed to import into Folder A.  But the file never could be seen in Folder A or the transcriptionist Tray.  I did this many many many times with the same result.  The Olympus rep told me to go to the message folder and copy and paste it into Folder A.  I then could see it in ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

Media Player
Mar 02, 2014

My client just sold his business but I stayed on with the new client.  My old client used Voicescribe which I became very used to as I used it for over 15 years for my old client.    The new client doesn't use a specific media player but I tried the VCL media player and Windows media player but I can't seem to get my foot pedal to work with either.  Is there a media player out there that is foot pedal friendly? Any help is appreciated.  ...

Windows Media Player
Oct 08, 2011

I was sent test files to be used with Windows Media Player. However, can't rewind or use my foot pedal with them. It is taking me forever, have to go back to the beginning, etc. Is there a way to get my foot pedal to work not using Express Scribe? I use that through my other company and don't want them to know I am using it or inadvertently send them the test files! I have tried to download the free trial of ES, but it just keeps going to my company one and messing it up. Does anyone h ...

Food Pedal With Media Player
Feb 10, 2010

does anyone have any idea how to make my USB foot pedal work with Media Player?  thanks.  I've tried everything I could think of.      ...

Help On Loading Dictations From Windows Media Player To Express Scribe
Jan 26, 2011

I could use some help on loading dictations from Windows Media Player to ES They say ( .wpl ) is not supported ...

Making Foot Pedal Work With Windows Media Player
May 05, 2012

Is there any way to make my Infinity USB foot pedal work with Windows Media Player? I dont want to convert the media files to another program like Express Scribe. This is through a remote desktop and the files open with Windows Media Player and Express Scribe is not on this desktop and there is no way to put it there.   TIA! ...

Find A Foot Pedal That Works With Windows Media Player
Apr 04, 2013

I am looking to find a foot pedal that works with Windows Media Player.  Anyone know of one?   ...

How Do You Play Mp3 Files
Jan 30, 2012

I downloaded test files and a trial version of the MS Word they want the reports typed in.  I am having problems now figuring out how to play the MP3 files.  Brain freeze, I guess.  Do I have to unzip or do "something" with them to get them to play?  Thanks so much. ...

Can You Play Wav Files On Windows 7?
Mar 15, 2010

I went from Windows XP to Windows 7 and now cannot play any wav voice files.  Anybody know how to enable wav files on Windows 7? ...

Sotware To Play DS2 Files
Jul 04, 2011

hi, all.  any recommendations on the best/cost effective software to purchase that plays ds2 files? i just have express scribe currently. thanks in advance!   crystal ...

Anyone Ever Get Test Files Vis Email That Won't Play?
May 06, 2010

x ...

Convert DVF Files So Can Play With Wav Pedal
Jun 19, 2010

I am having trouble converting a DVF file so that I can play with my Wav pedal. My computer will download to a HTML file. Neither file can I open with the Wav. I have installed Express Scribe and still no luck opening the file. Any ideas. Thanks to all. ...

Express Scribe Will NOT Play DSS Files!
Jun 24, 2012

I am upgrading to a new computer finally with Windows 7 and IE9.  I was thrilled when everything was loading up fine-but the new version of Express Scribe will NOT play DSS files!  I have a USB-1 pedal, but this new free version they have insists on us buying their $70 pedal OR their Pro version of Express scribe for $30 (on sale).  I am furious!  Anyone get this newer version to work w/o buying anything?  Thanks in advance! ...

Synernet Testing.. Can't Get Voice Files To Play
Jun 10, 2015

One of those MTtest sites.  Called their help desk and they said a lot of people have trouble, not to worry and try this.   I tried that.  Nothing.  They said to call back and they would work it out.  I don't know if this is worth it.  The testing portions were fine, went quickly but just trying to get the transcription part up is time consuming and frustrating.  Anyone else have problems with this? ...

Wave Files Player
Sep 02, 2010

Can someone point me in the direction of a very simple, easy to download and use, free voice wave player for transcribing test documents. Unfortunately I was one of the reduction in force letter recipients at Webmedx and now must do some testing.  Thanks for the help and all the support we have received on this board, it is nice to be a part of such a supportive group. ...

Gear Player Wont Convert Files?
May 24, 2013

Hey guys, I'm so frustrated because for some reason my Gear Player will not play my files. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know what I did the first time to make it work, it just sort of happened. When I get work, the files will automatically go into Gear Player, but then when I try to load to file it says "Converting File" and then it just never loads. It doesn't make any sense because it happens to files that I've already played too so I know they should ...

Anyone Know How To Convert .spf Files (ShortHand) To .txt Files For Autocorrect?
Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!! ...

Foot Pedal Doesn't Work With Windows Media. Sm
Dec 28, 2011

Know there are free programs to convert to wav, but anyone have any suggestions of a safe one?  Have a test in media and just don't have three hands to keep pausing!  Thanks for any help. ...

ExpressScribe Won't Play A Wav File
Jun 29, 2012

I can load it into the dock, but it says there are 0 minutes of dictation. If I play it on Windows Media, it says I need a codec. I don't know what that is. If I right click the file, I see it has 2 minutes of dictation on it. Why won't it play? I've tried opening it in several other places, and it just won't work. This is the free version. I've played dozens of files before. ...

I Love It When We Play Word Games, Like The Hello
Dec 02, 2011

:-) -:---< ...

Contests...I Don't Play Their Games. Come Monday,
Jul 11, 2014

I'm working exactly as I have been.  As we all should. ...

Hot Keys For Play, Pause In DocQScribe
May 13, 2015

Help, new MT, using DocQScribe and foot pedal won't work. Trying to use hot keys for play and pause, but can't seem to make anything work. Help! ...

Escription Play Silence Feature
May 18, 2015

Is there supposed to be a red line through the speaker or not if you want to play the silences? They are telling me both ways at my job and personally I can't hear a difference whenever I test it. Thank you, Jan ...

New Game Lets Play Guess The ASR
May 24, 2015

Patient female with flattened Amy a "Patient came in with anemia." so very close ASR, so very close ...

Medict -- DocQscribe Play Voice File
Oct 18, 2010

Hi, Anyone work for Medict in Florida.  I will be on DocQScribe accounts.  Do you like it.  Any pros/cons.  Anyone know on the DocQScribe system if you can start and stop the voice file by a keystroke.  No footpedal available at the moment so transcribing by keystroke to stop and play voice file.   Thanks for any information. ...

6 Inches Of Snow And Counting And I Can't Play Hooky
Jan 10, 2011

There's con for working at home! ...

Tomorrow Is Friday - Let's All Play Hookey From Work!
Jul 14, 2011

Isn't the beach, a rock concert, a bar, a trail, a friend, a highway, or a bike path calling to you too loudly go ignore anymore?  ...

MTSOs - It IS Time To Join Hands - Play Fair
Jun 02, 2013

I am a concerned IC.  I would like to keep my job(s) as an IC and actually still have MTSOs be around to provide jobs.  With all of this garbage constantly going on and hurting the businesses,  I think that there needs to be some recourse for the MTSOs.  All of you so-called IC MTs proclaiming to do other's favors, no thanks.  You are not doing any of us "professional" ICs a favor - you are hurting ALL of our businesses, driving all of our work right out of the ...