A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Olympus DSS Standard Player v1.0 to play ds2 files - barbie

Posted: Dec 31, 2010

I am typing ds2 files and am using the above player which the olympus representative said was created to play ds2 files.  however, I have tried taken the file from the place it was sent to me and it seemed to import into Folder A.  But the file never could be seen in Folder A or the transcriptionist Tray.  I did this many many many times with the same result.  The Olympus rep told me to go to the message folder and copy and paste it into Folder A.  I then could see it in there; but when I clicked on the file to play it, the player popped as it is supposed to BUT ALL THE FUNCTION BUTTONS WERE "GREYED OUT" and therefore could not be punched and therefore the file could not be played.  Has this ever happened to anyone else.  If so, please tell me what the problem is & how to fix it.  I need this job and NEED the money NOW!!!   PLEASE HELP IMMEDIATELY!!!  GOD WILL BLESS U FOREVER!!!  Thank you.

Barbie

Olympus player problem - meowmix

[ In Reply To ..]
Try importing the file again (not copying and pasting, but importing), and then looking in the "Finished folder." When I cannot see a folder this is where I have always found them--I have never figured out why this happens and the company I get my files from cannot figure it out either, but that is where they have been found. If you find your file there, you need to right click on the actual voice file and it will turn "blue," select "move the folder" to A,B,C,D, or E. Sometimes once you select the folder you want the voice file to go to it will just go right there, other times there will be a second step in the process where it asks you to click, finished, unfinished, pending, or cancel job. You need to check "unfinished" before the job will transfer to the folder you have selected.

I hope the above helps, as it has been the only solution I have found.

Olympus DSS Standard Player v1.0 to play ds2 files - barbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I am SO VERY GRATEFUL TO MEOWMIX. You are a GOD SENT to me. However, now when the box comes up to mark the file pending or unfinished (don't have finished/unfinished/pending/cancel and cannot find it on the player. Are u using olympus dss standard player v1 with upgrade.3. I asked on the net as well. however, I read someplace that if you mark the file "unfinished" u cannot play it again; but if u check "unfinished" it will take the lock off and will play. But since I don't have the unfinished option & can't find it on this player, I ask "MEOWMIX" what player do you have and does it play ds2 files. I assume it does but asked anyway just in case. I know I clicked on "finish" at some point trying to get the file to play. I also somewhere got a this message (can't remember what I had done before to cause this msg to come up): "Due to the missing file reading/writing, access authorization cannot be performed. Error occurred during the execution of the command." And it asks in the license box "Unknown." But on my old file that plays it says "Philips." and on the welcome file it says "Olympus." This maybe saying to me that I don't have authorization to open this file for some reason. And maybe I had authorization, but after trying to import the file & doing so many things to get it to see it in the FOLDER (A-G), the file got corrupted or finished. Has this ever happened to u MEOWMIX or anyone else.

Also, meowmix I was told that I needed foot pedal RS27. I have RS23 but olympus sd this was the only one that would work?

Meowmix or anyone can help me w/anything here, I would appreciate it "GREATLY."

GOD BLESS U MEOWMIX & AGAIN THANK YOU.

barbie

olympus player issue - meowmix

[ In Reply To ..]
I have Olympus DSS Player Pro. I have not upgraded to any newer version. On my list of types of files that can be played on it ds2 is not on the list. I can play dss, wav and wma files.

I made the suggestion to you based on my player and what has happened to me and the solution I found.

As a last resort, I would try importing the file from where you originally imported it to your computer. You can then click on file-import on your player and send the voice file to folder A-G. At this point, if I am understanding your problem correctly, it will go to the "finished folder" instead of Folder A-G (the mystery as to why is unknown). When you find the voice file in "finished" rather than Folder A-G at this point, follow the steps I gave you previously.

If the above does not work, then I have no other ideas.

I have an Olympus foot pedal R25. I do not think your foot pedal is the issue here at all (if you have played other voice files from the same company), but rather the voice file itself and how it was imported and then "messed" around with by you trying to find it and trying to get it to play and the mystery as to what is embedded in the voice file to make it go to the "finished" folder in the first place.

Similar Messages:

Media Player Won't Play .wav Files
May 22, 2012

My media player stopped playing .wav files and now I cannot test with anyone because I cannot get it to work on either my XP computer or my Windows 7 computer.  I googled it and it seems like a lot of people are having the same problems but I cannot fix mine.  Anyone else have/had this problem? ...

Help! Audio Player That Can Play Dss, Wav, Mp3 Files
Jul 20, 2012

Ok, I'm a new at-home transcriptionist after working inhouse for years, and I am starting a new job soon but I'm confused.  I was told I need an audio player that plays dss, wav, mp3 files.  Can the free version of Express Scribe do this, or do I need the Pro version?  Are there any other free audio players I can download?  Sorry if this is a stupid question!   ...

Olympus DDS Player
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone have experience using this player?  I am wanting to use a foot pedal but the foot switch option is grayed out.  Any help would be much appreciated.  ...

What Player Do You Use To Transcribe With?? I Used To Use Olympus But Since -sm
Feb 08, 2012

updating my computer to Windows 7 the foot pedal will not work as the player is an older version as is the foot pedal. I have been using Express Scribe but I am tired of spending all my time trying to convert the files to play in Express Scribe. Just wondering if there is anything else out there that is user friendly and plays a variety of files?? Thanks. ...

Lost Serial Product Number For Olympus DSS Player Pro V.3.3
May 02, 2010

My computer crashed this weekend and I had to run out and get a whole one. The problem that I am running into is trying to install the Olympus DSS Player Pro v.3.3 on the new computer, and I lost the serial product number in order to register it.  The software won't load without this key code.  Does anyone have one on hand or have any suggestion?  I don't want to go out and buy another one for $200.00 bucks or more since that was what I paid the first time around.   ...

Olympus DSS Player Pro - Recent Bought New Computer And Now Footpedal Does Not Work - Sm
Jan 30, 2012

I know there is something I need to click on but cannot remember what it is. Thanks for your help. ...

How Do You Play Mp3 Files
Jan 30, 2012

I downloaded test files and a trial version of the MS Word they want the reports typed in.  I am having problems now figuring out how to play the MP3 files.  Brain freeze, I guess.  Do I have to unzip or do "something" with them to get them to play?  Thanks so much. ...

Can You Play Wav Files On Windows 7?
Mar 15, 2010

I went from Windows XP to Windows 7 and now cannot play any wav voice files.  Anybody know how to enable wav files on Windows 7? ...

Sotware To Play DS2 Files
Jul 04, 2011

hi, all.  any recommendations on the best/cost effective software to purchase that plays ds2 files? i just have express scribe currently. thanks in advance!   crystal ...

Anyone Ever Get Test Files Vis Email That Won't Play?
May 06, 2010

x ...

Convert DVF Files So Can Play With Wav Pedal
Jun 19, 2010

I am having trouble converting a DVF file so that I can play with my Wav pedal. My computer will download to a HTML file. Neither file can I open with the Wav. I have installed Express Scribe and still no luck opening the file. Any ideas. Thanks to all. ...

Express Scribe Will NOT Play DSS Files!
Jun 24, 2012

I am upgrading to a new computer finally with Windows 7 and IE9.  I was thrilled when everything was loading up fine-but the new version of Express Scribe will NOT play DSS files!  I have a USB-1 pedal, but this new free version they have insists on us buying their $70 pedal OR their Pro version of Express scribe for $30 (on sale).  I am furious!  Anyone get this newer version to work w/o buying anything?  Thanks in advance! ...

Synernet Testing.. Can't Get Voice Files To Play
Jun 10, 2015

One of those MTtest sites.  Called their help desk and they said a lot of people have trouble, not to worry and try this.   I tried that.  Nothing.  They said to call back and they would work it out.  I don't know if this is worth it.  The testing portions were fine, went quickly but just trying to get the transcription part up is time consuming and frustrating.  Anyone else have problems with this? ...

Wave Files Player
Sep 02, 2010

Can someone point me in the direction of a very simple, easy to download and use, free voice wave player for transcribing test documents. Unfortunately I was one of the reduction in force letter recipients at Webmedx and now must do some testing.  Thanks for the help and all the support we have received on this board, it is nice to be a part of such a supportive group. ...

Gear Player Wont Convert Files?
May 24, 2013

Hey guys, I'm so frustrated because for some reason my Gear Player will not play my files. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know what I did the first time to make it work, it just sort of happened. When I get work, the files will automatically go into Gear Player, but then when I try to load to file it says "Converting File" and then it just never loads. It doesn't make any sense because it happens to files that I've already played too so I know they should ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

Anyone Know How To Convert .spf Files (ShortHand) To .txt Files For Autocorrect?
Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!! ...

Olympus In Windows 7
Jan 23, 2012

Hi, i would like to know how to use olympus DSS player in windows 7....If anybody have an idea please reply to this message ...

Olympus DS-3400
Mar 27, 2013

Okay, friends.. this is my question. The doc I work for changed to this kind of recorder.  He sends me files via email and I download them... normally into Express Scribe.  Every once in a while, he will send me a voice file that has a *click* sound and I cannot hear him.  I found a program using express zip file compression software.  I can make them play, but I cannot use my foot pedal.... any thoughts?  Or, do you know of any program that I could download and/or buy ...

Olympus Recorder From Doc , And I Am Old And Dumb.
Nov 25, 2013

I recently heard from a local MD asking me to do work, said he was going to buy a tape recorder.  Okay, I get my trusty old equipment out.  Now he calls and says he has bought an Olympus VN 702PC.  I googled it hoping to figure it out, called my more literate son who says I can just use it with forward and pause buttons OR I can connect it to my computer with a USB cord and, "Mom, all you do is open the folder you want and click........."  Of course, I haven't a clue. &n ...

Open Voice File In Olympus
Apr 25, 2012

Anyone know how to play a voice file that came with an email and when I open it, it calls up my Olympus player but it is not there when I look in each folder? I also tried to import the file and it does not go there either. thanks. ...

Encryption With Olympus & Express Scribe
Mar 29, 2013

I am new to digital - trying to use Express Scribe on a Mac.  But doc wants to use Olympus DS-5000 or DS-7000 for encrypted dictation.  Can I decrypt it using Express Scribe?   ...

Transcription Software Olympus DS7000
Jul 24, 2013

Have AS3000 Olympus equipment now. Boss got Olympus DS7000. It produces duplicate files one in voice and another in .XML format. If I get the 7000 transcription software for my end will it still produce duplicate files? Any help appreciated. ...

Foot Pedal - Will It Work AS-5000 Olympus
Jan 14, 2015

I am considering testing for an at-home company, haven't worked from home in years and when I did it was with microcassettes, etc.  I am trying to put together equipment just to do the testing and have access to AS-5000 transcription kit (pedal, software,etc.)  Does anybody know if this will work when the company downloads their files?  Thanks for any advice...I'm really beginning to feel like a dinosaur! ...

ExpressScribe Won't Play A Wav File
Jun 29, 2012

I can load it into the dock, but it says there are 0 minutes of dictation. If I play it on Windows Media, it says I need a codec. I don't know what that is. If I right click the file, I see it has 2 minutes of dictation on it. Why won't it play? I've tried opening it in several other places, and it just won't work. This is the free version. I've played dozens of files before. ...

I Love It When We Play Word Games, Like The Hello
Dec 02, 2011

:-) -:---< ...

Contests...I Don't Play Their Games. Come Monday,
Jul 11, 2014

I'm working exactly as I have been.  As we all should. ...

Hot Keys For Play, Pause In DocQScribe
May 13, 2015

Help, new MT, using DocQScribe and foot pedal won't work. Trying to use hot keys for play and pause, but can't seem to make anything work. Help! ...

Escription Play Silence Feature
May 18, 2015

Is there supposed to be a red line through the speaker or not if you want to play the silences? They are telling me both ways at my job and personally I can't hear a difference whenever I test it. Thank you, Jan ...

New Game Lets Play Guess The ASR
May 24, 2015

Patient female with flattened Amy a "Patient came in with anemia." so very close ASR, so very close ...