A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why do people post "thank you notes" here to their companies for Christmas gifts? sm - Scrooge MT

Posted: Dec 20, 2010

I sincerely doubt that the company big shots are reading the postings here, plus the anonymity wouldn't make your thank you mean much.  I would think it more appropriate to send a handwritten thank you note, which is what I used to do when I worked for TransTech.

I'm glad your comany sends you gifts.  In this day and age, most of us are just lucky to have a job.  Still, it kinda rubs it in to those of us who work for Scrooge companies who treat us like piece workers.  :(

Gifts - notherscrooge

[ In Reply To ..]
You mean there ARE actually companies who give gifts?? Just got a card from Webmedx today. A Christmas card, nothing in it. My mom just told me my dad brought home a ham and $500 bonus, and he does NOT make a hefty salary. Amazing how being treated well at Christmas pays off for employers with loyal employees who will bust their a$$ for them.

notherscrooge - Happy Mom

[ In Reply To ..]
My company sent us these delicious, wonderful, high quality chocolate bars. So yes, there are companies that are still human. I am thankful to work for them.

Nice to get a card..but... - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope we will get something this week. We have for the last few years that I have been here. Of course one year it was a recipe collection from the in-house staff that we had to print off ourselves. Can't say it was my favorite gift ever, but the thought was nice.

The problem is all yours. - (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, all levels of management read these boards.

If others having a positive experience bothers you, then you certainly do have a problem. It isn't even so much the scrooge syndrome but just plain old bitterness.

I LOVE to hear others having positive experiences, whether I am or not! It's inspirational!

But wouldn't management appreciate a personal note from Jane Doe than some anonymous thing here - SMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not bitter. I said I'm happy for others. Perhaps reading comprehension is not one of your accomplishments.

I just do not understand why these are posted here instead of directly writing to the people who actually were responsible for sending the gift.

Personal thank you - none

[ In Reply To ..]
Who knows maybe the poster did send a personal thank you also. Her posting could inspire other companies to follow suit!!!!!!!!

If management visits these boards, then why don't they pubically - thank us here or respond with yw? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

they've been pubically thanking us all year... - : )

[ In Reply To ..]
You must have a much different meaning of taking one for the team than I do - if pubically thanked. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
???who is "they" and they thanked you on this - board? Where? LInk? NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I think it's folks having fun with the pubic thanking. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Oh my! I'm sure they are! (nm) - LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
"pubic". . . . haha - loveagoodlaugh
[ In Reply To ..]
Too funny. I have looked at this thread for days and didn't notice the pubic thanking .. LOL n - LTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Why would they? All the negativity about every - single company.

[ In Reply To ..]
Every poster would just jump on their thank you post and flame it.

If I were an MTSO, I'd never post anything here.
If they do not like what is posted here only they have the power to change. - Dont shoot the messenger. nm.
[ In Reply To ..]

I was just thinking the same thing - MTinFL

[ In Reply To ..]
only thing I came up with was... no class.

I don't work for a Scrooge company, but I would never dream of posting my thanks here, for the reasons you mentioned... and a little deja vu back to childhood...

Pay no attention, consider the source, and do your best to find happiness and peace where you can, which probably wouldn't be in these parts :-)

My though - texasmtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Well I work for one of the companies somebody thanked and I was just glad to find out we get something myself and went to the mailbox to see if mine came. I don't see a problem with it. Many of us like to see not just the bad but the good too. I am pretty unhappy with Transcend but nice to know I have a gift card coming so I can treat myself to something whatever it is and every little positive helps me get through a stressful time I have been having lately with life in general. Just my thoughts to each their own! Merry Christmas!

probably management.... - they come here all the time posting great things a

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Actually, the bigshots do read - HoHoHo

[ In Reply To ..]
these boards. They've posted on here themselves. I posted my thank you for 2 reasons:
1) Many MTSOs are bashed on these boards frequently. When an MTSO does something positive, I think it should be acknowledged. I'm not saying these MTSOs don't deserve the bashings they sometimes get, but they also deserve credit where credit is due.
2) I'm not rubbing it in, but I do want my coworkers (from my MTSO) to know that something was sent. Last year, I know of several coworkers who were accidentally missed on the Christmas list and had it not been posted here, they would not have known they were missed. After people posted on these boards that they did not receive anything, HR sent out an email asking anyone who did not receive their gift to contact HR immediately.

Thanks MTStars for giving us a place to post!

how do you know it was actually them; maybe it was me posing as one of them - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Wondering the same thing. I think it is very tacky. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not jealous as my company does give us a gift card every year. I just don't think this is the appropriate place to post a thank you, whether or not the company reads the board or not.

Don't get it - Positivity ROCKS

[ In Reply To ..]
It's damned if you do, damned if you don't here.

Reading someone's POSITIVE thank you to their company is nice, is welcome.

Are you negative people so stuck there that you can't even let in a little sunshine? It must be very sad to be you.

I worked for a company who asked me NOT to say anything when they gave me something. sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently not everyone received something or it was not as much or whatever, and of course you do not want hurt feelings. I am sure that is not the case here with the nationals, but I do kind of agree that a private thank you would be more appropriate. I used to send chocolates from a local chocolatier to the office staff where I worked, but I never received a thank you. Of course, the spirit of the gift was to express my thanks and appreciation for all they did through the year, not to receive a thank you, but it still seemed a bit tacky.

Oh well ... I now work for a company that I am sure will not even send a card, but that is okay. They came up with work for me to do, and that is a wonderful gift for me. "Tis the season to be homeless" just doesn't have quite the same holiday ring. :-)

Or can't even find a job - And are going to have no Christmas at all

[ In Reply To ..]
x

just maybe - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
while I do agree with your post, it may also be a way to let others know, hey, this company, that people bash day in and day out, does do some nice things for their people.

Like I have always said... - getoverit

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no pleasing some people. Too much work, they cry; too little work, they cry; get a Christmas card but it's not enough, they cry; don't get a Christmas greeting, they cry; get a mass thank you email instead of a personal one, they cry; have to flex at times to get their lines, they cry. Children playing MTs is what is ruining this so-called profession.

Aren't you a cranky little elf!! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
None of the things you listed get complained about when they happen on occasion. It's when they are an ongoing continual event that they become problematic.

I'm sorry Santa's not bringing you anything, but why don't you go have a great big glass of eggnog and maybe you won't find it necessary to bark at poor schlep's that work for a living.

Actually, our company sent us a couple of things and I have plenty under the tree! - getoverit

[ In Reply To ..]
Not cranky at all, just tired of the whiners, complainers, hold-my-hand please, oh woe is me MTs who need to get out of the profession. MTs at my company can make anywhere from 1500 to 3500 lines a day, it's a company that many bash here but they are great to work for and appreciate us.

Scrooge MT - hideous1

[ In Reply To ..]
My-O-My! You opened a can of worms!!!

Ha .. it seems I did. The point was really only to point out that the courtesies and social graces - Scrooge MT

[ In Reply To ..]
of days gone by seem to be fading. I am not bitter and I do not begrudge those who were remembered by a company -- that's great -- but writing "Thank you Life-Sucking MT Company for my Christmas gift" and signing it Gooseheaded MT doesn't really constitute a thank you in my book. Even if the powers that be read the posts, how would they know who is thanking them? I have always sent a handwritten thank you note for all gifts. And if they just want to put something positive out for their company, then why not say something like "despite all of the negative things posted, Life-Sucking MT Company sent me this fabulous gift" or something like that.

I used to send gifts to the people at the company I worked for, but my situation now does not lend itself to spend for anyone but family and friends, plus I am at a different company and I do not feel I have a relationship with anyone that merits a gift.

I suppose I will get a lump of coal in my stocking for stirring the pot, but it is supposed to be a cold winter ... I oculd use the coal. LOL

Similar Messages:

Take My Advice About MTSO Christmas Gifts
Dec 19, 2009

If you don’t expect anything, you will never be disappointed. People, you are not little children. Grow up. If you get a Merry Christmas, that should be enough. ...

Just Curious: Does ANY Company Out There Give Christmas Gifts Anymore?
Dec 18, 2012

OTI doesn't anymore. :o( ...

Any Companies That Send Out Xmas Gifts?
Nov 17, 2011

Work a FT and PT job now and just wondering?  Hate to sound greedy, but.... well, I am.   ...

What Companies Have Lots Of Op Notes? Sm
Sep 08, 2012

Really enjoy transcribing Ops, but Ops have dribbled to few and far between and mostly brief reports on my accounts.  Whatever happened to all the detailed op notes I used to get.  Bored to tears with H&P, DS, and consults. TIA. ...

The Post Office Is About To Lay Off 100,000 People
Dec 05, 2011

I just read an article yesterday on Huffington Post that because the Post Office is losing so much money they are gearing up to close hundreds of post offices around the country which will include up to 100,000 layoffs.  I can't even wrap my mind around that number.  Anyone who says we are not in a depression has their head in the sand.  ...

Questions For QA/post Audit People
Jan 14, 2015

I have noticed that sometimes my post audits in FIESA will have a blank added in there by QA for something that they feel is "unclear."  They will take out whatever I have typed and blank it. I have not received error points for any of these things (so far).  I guess it's just something that they couldn't make out as well as I could? I have exclusives, and I know them well, but they are good dictators and not hard to understand at all. For example, one sentence (which my doc ...

I See That More Than 150 People Have Looked At My Post, But No Recommendations
Apr 24, 2015

Dear Friends: I see that more than 150 people looked at my message, but no recommendations as of yet. I hate be a bother, but can I get some recommendations for headphones for people who use hearing aids.  Thanks so much.  Sincerely,  Suzie ...

Now I Know Why People Post Questions On The Boards Rather Than Ask Supervisors
Jan 18, 2010

The original company I worked for was sold to a big company and I had loads of unanswered questions.  I would call supervisor or someone who had been in contact with the peeps from my old company and ask away.  Now I find out I have been labeled a troublemaker because I ask too many questions.  I guess I would have been wiser to just come on this board and fire away with complaints, questions or anything else I wanted to know.  I know my future is gone now where I am. &n ...

What Companies Are People Working At That ARE HAPPY???
Nov 29, 2014

Would like to know what companies some of you are at that are happy? Would appreciate any advice. ...

What Happened To The Post Below Talking About The Companies
Apr 13, 2010

doing illegal things/getting busted that listed a specific labor law in detail with highlighted areas pertaining to what these MT companies are doing?  Has it been removed, and if so why?  That post had some really good info regarding these companies. ...

Does Anyone On Here Ever Hear From Any Companies After You Post Your Resume Or
Jul 10, 2013

doesnt that happen anymore. ...

Why Do Companies Post Jobs And Never Reply?
May 20, 2015

It's become increasingly worse. If you advertise and receive resumes from MTs who are qualified, at least set up an auto response stating you have received their E-mail. It's common courtesy. And companies wonder why they can't obtain or retain help. Well, when you can't be bothered to even communicate at a minimum level, do not expect to receive excellent help in return.  ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS And HAPPY NEW YEAR To All !!!! And To Those Who Do Not Celebrate Christmas
Dec 23, 2014

BEST WISHES for the holidays ...

I Just Watched The Old Christmas Special "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas"
Jan 05, 2015

NTS (Nuance) who stole Christmas.....My version......We all know the tune, replace The Grinch with NTS (fits better sound-wise)...NTS = Nuance... You're a mean one, NTS.... You really are a heel You're a Monster, NTS.... You're heart's an empty hole You're brain is full of spiders, You've got garlic in your soul, NTS......(drag it out here!) I wouldn't touch you with a......39-1/2-foot pole !!!!! You're a foul one, NTS... You're a nasty wasty ...

MT Week Gifts
May 23, 2010

flash some cheap piece of garbage trinket trash not much thought behind it they need to be reminded that they need us far more than we need them I really wish they had not sent it to me trash it really is I hate my job Can't wait to be free of this garbage it's worthless to me I hate our anal QA department Did get a cheesy gift in the mail Incompetence worthless trinket complete lack of taste, thought, imagination typical, useless, cheap lying suits slap in the face su ...

Xmas Bonuses / Gifts
Dec 14, 2009

Personally not expecting anything, just curious if anyone else was lucky.  Last year we got a cookbook compiled by various people in the company that we got to print off ourselves.  Don't think they can top that.  However, on the upside this company keeps me in work and pays well.  I can't complain, or at least I shouldn't.  Let's hear it from anyone who did get or will be getting a little momento in the spirit of gift giving. ...

MT Week With Gifts And ?recognition.
May 18, 2010

I'm wondering with all these little trinkets sent, or not....with all the little games throughout the week, why is it we don't hear a peep out in the "real world" about MT week?  It was established in 1985, but nowhere except on the AHDI website is it being promoted.  Type "national transcription week" in google and click pn search news, and the only things that come up are about how clients are trying to cut costs (usually by eliminating us).  Click on search the web, a ...

My Company Sent Out The Coolest Gifts Ever!
May 19, 2010

My company sent out the coolest gifts ever!  Kind of hard to describe, but they are made from real license plates from the state we live in.  They are folded over to make a book and one holds photos and the other CD's.  I feel so appreciated!!! ...

Xmas Bonuses And Gifts
Dec 22, 2010

Anybody from Webmedx receive anything besides a card?  ...

No So Professional Regarding Shower Gifts
Feb 28, 2012

I just do not think its professional to send out emails regarding gifts for a baby.  If so many people asked why not just send them an email via their own personal email or a phone call.  Why do we all have to know where we can register for gifts.  They are not so employee friendly with us in other ways.  Think about it.  ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

RE: New Post Replies, Do They All Go To The Bottom Of The Original Post?
Jan 23, 2010

I don't remember that yet when I post lately it goes all the way to the bottom rather than immediately after the original post.  Perhaps I just never noticed it before.  Oh well... ...

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

HELP!! My QA Notes Are Not Going Through!
Mar 29, 2010

I just got another email from my QA super saying that I should have left a QA note for a report, however I did. This is the third time this has happened to me. I have called support and they say there is nothing wrong, but I only work 3 hours a day (other full time job during the day) so I remember the reports that I type. Is this happening to anyone else? I've am already on probation and this isn't going to look good obviously, but I don't want to sound like I am making ...

Op Notes
Apr 19, 2010

When everything after heading is numbers (such as IV FLUIDS 1500 ml, EBL 2000 ml, etc.), do you spell out fifteen hundred milliliters and two thousand milliliters?  That is how I interpret the rule of not starting a sentence with numerals, but it really does cloudy the waters and make the op note less easy to read.  ...

QA Notes
Jul 07, 2012

If you insert a QA marker, how do you close the QA note box at the bottom?  Ctrl+C doesn't work.  I have to manually click in the report to get it to close.  Is there a shortcut? ...

MT Week "gifts" From Our Employers
May 21, 2010

I've been reading these posts about the trinket trash as one person called it (good name) that MTs are receiving from their employers.  My employer sent nothing, which if you think about it is less insulting than some of the garbage that has been sent out.  The whole issue reminded me of something, I couldn't think what, until it finally dawned on me.  It's like the white man giving the Native Americans trinkets and baubles for their assistance or their land or the ...

To Those Of You Using MQ's Lotus Notes,
Oct 12, 2009

Have you performed your upgrade yet, did you have any problems with it, and are we required to do it?  ...