A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

no so professional regarding shower gifts - man in the moon

Posted: Feb 28, 2012

I just do not think its professional to send out emails regarding gifts for a baby.  If so many people asked why not just send them an email via their own personal email or a phone call.  Why do we all have to know where we can register for gifts.  They are not so employee friendly with us in other ways.  Think about it. 

I'm sorry, I don't have a clue what you - are talking about

[ In Reply To ..]
x

sorry.. - man in the moon

[ In Reply To ..]
there was an email about where to register for baby gifts for ccm.

are you serious? - who does that

[ In Reply To ..]
I just bought a house, I wonder if I should register for housewarming gifts and send the CCM the link...

I had to declare bankruptcy?? can I ask for a chip in? - jh

[ In Reply To ..]
In my entire adult life I have never been unable to provide..Im so embarassed
Me too. Stuck in a situation I am really unhappy with, - but cannot support
[ In Reply To ..]
myself anymore. Never thought I would be in this position. And YES flamers, I am applying, took classes, but I am still OLD and nobody is hiring me. All the jobs I am qualified for don't pay but about what I am making now even if I got one.

Wow - Silly Sue

[ In Reply To ..]
Send a cc to Vern Davenport and see if he wants to chip in.

just ignore - let the company do it

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you have a great relationship with your CCM I would ignore that email. Is your CCM really expecting 200 gifts from people she doesn't know? Yeah babies are expensive. Duh. Let the company HR department take care of their employee and let HER boss get her something.

Completely employee unfriendly. How many people have posted things about death in the family and emails get ignored or vacation denied.

I agree..its just irritating for the reasons you mentioned. - man in the moon

[ In Reply To ..]
along with everybody having trouble financially here.

I agree - Just Me

[ In Reply To ..]
Unbelievable considering what the employees are going through.

Makes me nostalgic for Edix of long long - ago. Those days are over.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

To clarify, response to asking for gift, NOT directed at - responses.

[ In Reply To ..]
n,

Oh. My. Word. - Over the top

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked in-house, we did that whole birthday/shower/Christmas thing, but that's different. I KNOW those folks. When I 1st started wk'ing at home, I had a wonderful TL who sent emails to see if anyone would be interested in a Christmas/holiday exchange in the form of something small from where the MT lived. If you didn't want to participate, no harm/no foul. That same TL also sent us each a very small holiday present and personally written card. Of course, in that day we were paid what we were worth, so...Unless you KNOW your CCM, that is complete BS for her to have emailed that to an entire team.

Honestly I would report the CCM that is not appropriate - jh

[ In Reply To ..]
Cause you know darn well, if you dont give your on the poop list..Totally unprofessional!!!

send her an e-card - thats all we got last xmas

[ In Reply To ..]
Whats fair is fair. If you had that mouse pad laying around yet (Together We Can) ship that or take a picture and send that instead. How about that chapstick? Completely unprofessional to send out an email like that. Damned if you do and damned if you don't but I still wouldn't. Honest to God she probably doesn't even know or care about your family and you are supposed to get her a gift? If you had a baby would she send you one? Don't think so.

no so professional regarding shower gifts - Jackie

[ In Reply To ..]
You can believe I'll NEVER email anything like this again. I was trying to do something nice for our CCM who many of us have worked with for years. Should have known better I guess.

Similar Messages:

Shower Curtain Drape??
Jun 08, 2013

Haven't had this particular one before.  Ring any bells for anyone?  ...

S/l Hepaquin (is This EpiQuin) Shower Before Pacemaker Insertion
Sep 28, 2012

Report being dictated by nurse with heavy Southern accent. "Prior to permanent pacemaker insertion patient was given a s/l hepaquin shower."  I found EpiQuin but can't find it used specifically with a heart catheterization. Is EpiQuin right? ...

MT Week Gifts
May 23, 2010

flash some cheap piece of garbage trinket trash not much thought behind it they need to be reminded that they need us far more than we need them I really wish they had not sent it to me trash it really is I hate my job Can't wait to be free of this garbage it's worthless to me I hate our anal QA department Did get a cheesy gift in the mail Incompetence worthless trinket complete lack of taste, thought, imagination typical, useless, cheap lying suits slap in the face su ...

Xmas Bonuses / Gifts
Dec 14, 2009

Personally not expecting anything, just curious if anyone else was lucky.  Last year we got a cookbook compiled by various people in the company that we got to print off ourselves.  Don't think they can top that.  However, on the upside this company keeps me in work and pays well.  I can't complain, or at least I shouldn't.  Let's hear it from anyone who did get or will be getting a little momento in the spirit of gift giving. ...

MT Week With Gifts And ?recognition.
May 18, 2010

I'm wondering with all these little trinkets sent, or not....with all the little games throughout the week, why is it we don't hear a peep out in the "real world" about MT week?  It was established in 1985, but nowhere except on the AHDI website is it being promoted.  Type "national transcription week" in google and click pn search news, and the only things that come up are about how clients are trying to cut costs (usually by eliminating us).  Click on search the web, a ...

My Company Sent Out The Coolest Gifts Ever!
May 19, 2010

My company sent out the coolest gifts ever!  Kind of hard to describe, but they are made from real license plates from the state we live in.  They are folded over to make a book and one holds photos and the other CD's.  I feel so appreciated!!! ...

Xmas Bonuses And Gifts
Dec 22, 2010

Anybody from Webmedx receive anything besides a card?  ...

Take My Advice About MTSO Christmas Gifts
Dec 19, 2009

If you don’t expect anything, you will never be disappointed. People, you are not little children. Grow up. If you get a Merry Christmas, that should be enough. ...

Any Companies That Send Out Xmas Gifts?
Nov 17, 2011

Work a FT and PT job now and just wondering?  Hate to sound greedy, but.... well, I am.   ...

Just Curious: Does ANY Company Out There Give Christmas Gifts Anymore?
Dec 18, 2012

OTI doesn't anymore. :o( ...

How Professional Doc
Jun 11, 2013

I can still her you and really is unprofessional. ...

Professional Transcrptions Of NW FL
Mar 29, 2010

Compensation is .05 cents for every 43 black characters.  Who would want this job?  Maybe they will get a lot of applicants from India.    Saw this advertised on an MT related job board.  ...

PROFESSIONAL LICENSE
Dec 03, 2010

We should really push for professional licensure for this job like RNs, Rad Techs, RTs, RD, and CNAs.    Hospital and clinics require these people to be licensed… then why not us?  May this will stop shipping work abroad.  ...

Professional Transcription Services
Mar 31, 2010

Any info on this company?  TIA! ...

Professional Dictation Associates?
Apr 07, 2010

Hello, Does anyone have any updated info on this company?  I couldn't find much in the archives, aside from one post by someone else looking for info.  Anything will be appreciated.    Tx!  :) ...

Lack Of Professional Etiquette
Mar 22, 2011

Has professional business etiquette really slipped so far?  I can't tell you how many times I have applied to a posting for a job on here or have emailed my supervisor/authority figure at work and never even received an email back acknowledging my email was received. How hard is it to say....Thank you for your concerns. I know that we need to discuss them, and I will get in contact with you shortly to do so.  OR  Thanks for applying to the position or thanks for sending your ...

TTS - Friendly, Polite, Yet Professional
Mar 10, 2012

Earlier this week TTS contacted me asking if I was interested in working with them (I had applied back in 2010 and due to various working conditions offered, I had declined the position). However, this offer, I must say, was most attractive. I read the post below; however, after talking with the recruiter I found: a.  She was most knowledgeable and helpful with my questions, friendly, polite, yet professional. b.  Pay offered was close to 10 cpl (straight text) and close to 5 cpl (VR).  ...

Professional Dictation Associates
Aug 19, 2012

This is some of the worst audio I have EVER heard in my 30+ years in this business.  I have sent emails and IM's but "apparently, the problem is on my end, becuase everything is as clear as a bell."   NOT!  Short, clippy, clinic notes, and QA pickier than all get out.  I notated a tempate where I thought there was an incorrect spelling and was called on the carpet was that -- actually QA was wrong.  With the amount of lines they expect as an IC per day, it is ridiculous and of course, ...

Cornerstone Professional Services
Jun 04, 2013

I am greatly disheartened that you still have comments from when an old supervisor was there and that is hurting our company.  We place adds with you all on occasion and would like to know how to reply to some of these nasty comments.  At least give a company a chance to defend themselves from old disgruntled transcribers.  Seems a bit one-sided.  Some of these comments are borderline slanderous. ...

Windows 7 Premium Vs. Professional..please Help....
Aug 16, 2014

The computer I just bought has Windows 7 premium.  Now I'm wondering if most companies want the professional edition?  Ugh, then I'd have to buy that separately.  Can anyone tell me if companies mean premium home version or professional version when they say Windows 7 required?  TIA! ...

Anyone Know Of Professional Medical Transcription, INC
Sep 14, 2014

Have searched everywhere on this company but have found nothing but job opportunities.  Anyone know anything?  Are they good to work with?  Pay scale?  Thank you ...

Professional Medical Transcription, INC
Sep 16, 2014

I have searched archives, not finding anything.  Does anyone have any information on PMT please?  Thank you. ...

Where Does Someone Buy MS Word Professional 2007
Oct 25, 2014

It seems like it is impossible ???? Looked on ebay and Amazon.  The only thing I see is a home use only version, a student version, etc.  Is it even possible to buy this by itself anymore?  Sigh..... Most companies require you to have this or 2010 (which I can't find either), but how do they expect us to have it when it's so difficult to find? Can anyone help?    ...

Why Do People Post "thank You Notes" Here To Their Companies For Christmas Gifts? Sm
Dec 20, 2010

I sincerely doubt that the company big shots are reading the postings here, plus the anonymity wouldn't make your thank you mean much.  I would think it more appropriate to send a handwritten thank you note, which is what I used to do when I worked for TransTech. I'm glad your comany sends you gifts.  In this day and age, most of us are just lucky to have a job.  Still, it kinda rubs it in to those of us who work for Scrooge companies who treat us like piece worker ...

Transam Associates/MT Professional Software
Mar 30, 2010

Has anyone worked for Transam associates out of Florida.  They claim they train and have work available consistently but you have to buy the MT Professional software.  I have been transcribing for three years and am an IC for another firm but was looking into hiring on with this company.  Anyone have any news?  I was a bit suspicious.  ...

Worth The $$ To Upgrade To Office Professional??
Jun 14, 2011

Sent my resume to StenTel. They inform me that they require MS Office Professional (full version) to work with their platforms.  Is it worth the hundreds of dollars to upgrade?? ...

Encore Professional Medical Services
Aug 29, 2012

Any information on this company? Do they hire transcriptionists for their accounts or are they some sort of a medical employment agency?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much. ...

How Do I List Professional References On A Job App If I Don't Know My Coworkers?
Sep 04, 2012

I have worked at home for 15+ years and other than occasional email exchanges between me and a supervisor I have no contact with other people at my company or even on my account.  I was filling out a job application the other day and it wanted three professional references other than the supervisors.  I was completely lost and had to leave it blank.  Has anyone else run into this, and how do you handle it? ...

Professional Medical Records? Any Info Please! Nm
Nov 26, 2012

nm ...

MS-Office Home & Student Vs. Professional
Apr 28, 2014

Do most of us have Microsoft Office Home & Student version or the Professional version?  The only difference I can see is that Professional has 2 other features, Publisher and Access, which most of us don't need in our MT work.  I can buy 2010 Home and Student for about 1/3 the cost of 2010 Professional.  Thoughts? ...