A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT week with gifts and ?recognition. - tiredmt

Posted: May 18, 2010

I'm wondering with all these little trinkets sent, or not....with all the little games throughout the week, why is it we don't hear a peep out in the "real world" about MT week?  It was established in 1985, but nowhere except on the AHDI website is it being promoted.  Type "national transcription week" in google and click pn search news, and the only things that come up are about how clients are trying to cut costs (usually by eliminating us).  Click on search the web, and the first thing is AHDI website.  The rest are us recognizing us. 

While I appreciate being appreciated (but am I really when everyone gets the same MTSO tax write-off as a gift and same canned letter?), I would really appreciate some POSITIVE changes for MTs during National Transcription Week more than some fake recognition.

all I want for MT week is plenty of work in my primary...period. nm - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I would like the good accounts back from the Indians and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to be left alone to do my work without being micromanaged by a top-heavy corporation... A girl can dream...

I haven't seen work in my primary in over six months. Guess it's been given to a newbie. s - Sims

[ In Reply To ..]
Saw today's account update and my primary is heavy, but none there for me. Also noted several new accounts; guess those went to newbies, also. Why can't these MTSO's be up front and honest with us old timers? I think I would appreciate knowing the score more than some gift during MT week. Sorry I'm sour; been around too long.

All I want for MT week is accounts with people who actually can speak English - Old and Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am SO TIRED of being an INTERPRETER instead of an MT. I keep getting ESLs who can't speak English and yet we are supposed to turn out a quality report. We get emails stating that the "client is not happy with the quality" and that we "must listen more carefully to what is being dictated"-- well, how about some dictators who actually can speak English. I don't speak Chinese, Hindi, Arabic, Vietnamese, Spanish or any other of a gazillion languages that are thrown at me every day, but yet if the "quality" isn't there, the MTs get blamed. How about the dictators taking some responsibility for the garbage that we are supplied with daily?

I hear that - less variety at the UN

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, we got told to "slow down and make sure his sentences make sense". To WHOM, pray tell? The dictator, who can't tell the difference between pleural and singular, or variations of a word? Or the ordering doc, who probably can't speak English any better? Obviously the patient will never read it - which is probably good, since they required an interpreter at the time of the exam. Maybe we can hope the insurance company will speak enough English to appreciate it before they throw it in the trash and claim they never received it!

AMEN SISTER - You said it!

[ In Reply To ..]
Real solid change, that is what we really need.

Hypocrisy and lies - patronizing emails

[ In Reply To ..]
I was happy with my MT week gift. So why did just I get a stupid rah-rah email that says "We want you to know that we support the tremendous value that you add to health information". That is a lie - or you would not be cutting our wages in half "to provide the most efficient and cost-effective solutions"! The only thing you VALUE is your ability to exploit us and make more money off our labor! WE know it, YOU know, EVERYBODY knows it. So why waste your time and mine emailing me a bunch of lies? "TREMENDOUS VALUE"? Who ARE you kidding? Put your money where your mouth is, lying suits! Pay us what we deserve instead of cutting our wages while claiming we have "value"!!!!

Similar Messages:

MT Week Gifts
May 23, 2010

flash some cheap piece of garbage trinket trash not much thought behind it they need to be reminded that they need us far more than we need them I really wish they had not sent it to me trash it really is I hate my job Can't wait to be free of this garbage it's worthless to me I hate our anal QA department Did get a cheesy gift in the mail Incompetence worthless trinket complete lack of taste, thought, imagination typical, useless, cheap lying suits slap in the face su ...

MT Week "gifts" From Our Employers
May 21, 2010

I've been reading these posts about the trinket trash as one person called it (good name) that MTs are receiving from their employers.  My employer sent nothing, which if you think about it is less insulting than some of the garbage that has been sent out.  The whole issue reminded me of something, I couldn't think what, until it finally dawned on me.  It's like the white man giving the Native Americans trinkets and baubles for their assistance or their land or the ...

Speech Recognition And Voice Recognition Considered The Same?
Sep 22, 2010

Speech recognition and voice recognition considered the same? ...

Xmas Bonuses / Gifts
Dec 14, 2009

Personally not expecting anything, just curious if anyone else was lucky.  Last year we got a cookbook compiled by various people in the company that we got to print off ourselves.  Don't think they can top that.  However, on the upside this company keeps me in work and pays well.  I can't complain, or at least I shouldn't.  Let's hear it from anyone who did get or will be getting a little momento in the spirit of gift giving. ...

My Company Sent Out The Coolest Gifts Ever!
May 19, 2010

My company sent out the coolest gifts ever!  Kind of hard to describe, but they are made from real license plates from the state we live in.  They are folded over to make a book and one holds photos and the other CD's.  I feel so appreciated!!! ...

Xmas Bonuses And Gifts
Dec 22, 2010

Anybody from Webmedx receive anything besides a card?  ...

No So Professional Regarding Shower Gifts
Feb 28, 2012

I just do not think its professional to send out emails regarding gifts for a baby.  If so many people asked why not just send them an email via their own personal email or a phone call.  Why do we all have to know where we can register for gifts.  They are not so employee friendly with us in other ways.  Think about it.  ...

Take My Advice About MTSO Christmas Gifts
Dec 19, 2009

If you don’t expect anything, you will never be disappointed. People, you are not little children. Grow up. If you get a Merry Christmas, that should be enough. ...

Any Companies That Send Out Xmas Gifts?
Nov 17, 2011

Work a FT and PT job now and just wondering?  Hate to sound greedy, but.... well, I am.   ...

Just Curious: Does ANY Company Out There Give Christmas Gifts Anymore?
Dec 18, 2012

OTI doesn't anymore. :o( ...

Why Do People Post "thank You Notes" Here To Their Companies For Christmas Gifts? Sm
Dec 20, 2010

I sincerely doubt that the company big shots are reading the postings here, plus the anonymity wouldn't make your thank you mean much.  I would think it more appropriate to send a handwritten thank you note, which is what I used to do when I worked for TransTech. I'm glad your comany sends you gifts.  In this day and age, most of us are just lucky to have a job.  Still, it kinda rubs it in to those of us who work for Scrooge companies who treat us like piece worker ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

VR (voice Recognition) Pay
Feb 22, 2010

I just saw an ad on line for 03 for VR for IC.  Isn't that low?  I've never done VR so I am curious.   Thank you. ...

What Is Exactly Is VR/speech Recognition?
Sep 14, 2010

Hello, I am a new MT and learned transcription from cassette tapes and Express Scribe. Can someone tell me what voice recognition is and how is it used in transcription?  ...

Voice Recognition Pay
Jun 02, 2011

I'm infuriated that the quota to keep benefits is the same as it was before voice recognition.   I'm KILLING myself to try to keep up to maintain health insurance and just can't do it.  With 96% plus voice recognition reports and half pay from straight typing, I'm losing health care benefits.  SO UNFAIR!!! ...

(voice Recognition) VR Pay
Sep 26, 2011

Have to learn VR soon.  What if a report comes to you and there were no corrections to be made, does MT still get paid for the lines on the report or do you only get paid for straight typing and then if report has errors you just get paid for those corrections.  Never done VR before and for some reason they make it sound so easy.   ...

Word Recognition
Mar 05, 2012

Ok, so what are we going to do about this industry.  We complain and complain but something has to be done to get out line rates back to where they used to be when we could make a decent living as a "transcriptionist".  So, who has any ideas on how to address this.  ...

360 Voice Recognition
Jun 07, 2013

For those of you who have had to make the switch to 360 VR, how is working for you? Our doctors are starting it this month and of course we are hoping it doesn't go well because we want to keep our jobs as is!  I'm anxious to hear how it's going. Thanks! ...

Is Everything Voice Recognition Now (sm)
Jan 16, 2014

Is everything with M*Modal now voice recognition?  I'm in an area that until now has been doing regular transcription but am just realizing my area is going to be VR in the very near future.  What little VR I have done I suck at.  I can't afford to be paid less than half of what I am making now so I figure I'll be filing for bankruptcy very soon.  How does anyone make money with VR?  Is there a trick to it that anyone could provide?  I sure could ...

New To Voice Recognition....sm
Dec 17, 2014

Could someone please tell me what constitutes "well-trained" speech recognition?  How many corrections, generally, per line would be considered "good?"  Can improvement in speech recognition ever be seen? I am working on Escription, if that makes any difference. Thanks! ...

How Do You Do Voice Recognition Editing?
Oct 31, 2009

Hi:  I worked as an IC for 15 years and then went to work at a hospital for nine years.  There have been layoffs where I work, and I think I will be included in the next round.  I started looking around for jobs at a service again and was shocked to find out how much things have changed.   Now, most of the services do a combination of transcription and voice recognition editing (I had no idea). Can somebody tell me something about VR editing?  How is it done?&nbs ...

Voice Recognition Going Low Rates
Jan 23, 2010

For those using VR or ASR at the going low rates today, do you feel on a fairly difficult account you can make the same amount of money as doing straight transcription.  This is using the DQS system.  ...

Voice Recognition In India
Mar 26, 2010

I'm curious about something and maybe somebody out there knows the answer to this question.  Do the transcriptionists in India do voice recognition or are they regular transcriptionists. In my mind I thin this is what happened to the transcription profession.  Someone thought that if we can get the work done cheaper in India then we should go there.  However those girls won't have as much terminology as the ones here in the states so if we go to voice recognition that w ...

Speech Recognition Job Offer
Jun 24, 2010

I just got offered a job doing straight typing but also speech recognition. Is this hard to do? I have no experience and I was wondering also if I can move quickly doing this so I can make good money?? What are your thoughts about this? Thank you for your time. Elizabeth ...

Help! My Corporation Just Went To Speech Recognition!
Jul 31, 2010

Hello: I don't know if I am using the right terminology, but my corporation has decided to use some kinda digital voice capture, so the software spits out unedited reports.  meaning, as a hospital trained transcriptionist, I've gone from transcription to pure editing.  And I am quaking in my boots.  I would like to supplement my current job with at home transcription.  Is this even still to be found?  All perspectives welcome.  Thank you. ...

Speech Recognition Editing Course
Aug 01, 2010

I graduated in May from the MT program at a local two-year college and, naturally, it's nearly impossible to find a medical transcription job as a newbie. Since speech recognition seems to be the future, I was wondering if taking a speech recognition editing course would be a good investment of my time and money. AHDI, I know, is offering a speech recognition editing course. I've done a lot of copy editing in my previous clerical jobs. I've always been good at copy edit ...