A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any companies that send out Xmas gifts? - sm

Posted: Nov 17, 2011

Work a FT and PT job now and just wondering?  Hate to sound greedy, but.... well, I am.

Mahatma Gandhi's birthday was October 2 - Coal lady

[ In Reply To ..]
so if you didn't get anything then, you never will.

I am still laughing...THANKS - nm - tbur

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I got a calendar last year. Recycled it because it - me

[ In Reply To ..]
didn't have room to write anything on.

Many companies give something, but whether it is useful or valued over 25 cents is another story. If you are expecting a nice gift you're in the wrong business.

THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!! - oaf

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't remember the last Christmas card from a company let alone a bonus! I wouldn't count on anything and that way you wouldn't be disappointed.

brownies - flmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I usually get a box of Fairytale Brownies (yum!), although last year I think I got a snowflake mousepad. Still useful to me.

I've gotten brownies every b-day and a mug or something for secretary's day. My co. is usually pretty good about giving something. Although I really enjoy the brownies, I wish they'd give a raise instead.

BRownies - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, I want to work where you do!!!!

Goodies for us! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My company sends out the most delicious chocolate candy bars each year. And no, I am not going to post their name (the company, not the candy bars) because they are mid sized and I do not think they are hiring right now.

Christmas Gift - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Haha! That's funny. The only gift I want from them is a bigger paycheck.

Yea they can keep their silly trinkets. Show me the money! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Since that's not likely to happen, I'll be appreciative..sm - not complaining

[ In Reply To ..]
I've never understood people complaining about receiving a gift from their employer, regardless of how "small" it is. I think any kind of recognition is nice. Higher wages would be fabulous, but I'm not going to get insulted because someone wants to send my something like a coffee mug.

Have recieved Christmas bonus past 5 years. - Extra $$ is always nice! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

yeah, I got an early Christmas gift - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
effective 12/01/2011 I get less pay... AGAIN!!!!

Christmas gift - Knitter

[ In Reply To ..]
Our company always sends us the most wonderful chocolate bars. We really appreciate the treat in our household, as we are on a tight budget and do not usually have a lot for extras. Most of all, it is the kindness in being remembered that is so wonderful.

$25 gift cards!! - Emily

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

hahaha - speedy

[ In Reply To ..]
the company I was working for last Christmas sent us an E-MAIL!! Merry Christmas and all that, and then if you have any time after you have visted with your family, we have work to do........too bad never work on any other days.

Similar Messages:

Xmas Bonuses / Gifts
Dec 14, 2009

Personally not expecting anything, just curious if anyone else was lucky.  Last year we got a cookbook compiled by various people in the company that we got to print off ourselves.  Don't think they can top that.  However, on the upside this company keeps me in work and pays well.  I can't complain, or at least I shouldn't.  Let's hear it from anyone who did get or will be getting a little momento in the spirit of gift giving. ...

Xmas Bonuses And Gifts
Dec 22, 2010

Anybody from Webmedx receive anything besides a card?  ...

Why Do People Post "thank You Notes" Here To Their Companies For Christmas Gifts? Sm
Dec 20, 2010

I sincerely doubt that the company big shots are reading the postings here, plus the anonymity wouldn't make your thank you mean much.  I would think it more appropriate to send a handwritten thank you note, which is what I used to do when I worked for TransTech. I'm glad your comany sends you gifts.  In this day and age, most of us are just lucky to have a job.  Still, it kinda rubs it in to those of us who work for Scrooge companies who treat us like piece worker ...

Why Do I Hear Nothing When I Send My Resume To These Companies?
Jan 27, 2011

Company I work at right now is really slow and I am making like 150.00 a month and I desperately need a 2nd job but every single company I apply to, I never hear anything back.  I am not a newbie...I have experience.  It is just so frustrating.  I know my resume looks good.  ...

How Do You Send The Question? Typed It, But What Do I Check To Send It?
Apr 17, 2013

nm ...

Landmark Xmas
Dec 21, 2011

To anyone that works at Landmark, just curious if you receive anything for Christmas? A card? A present? ...

Not Even An Xmas Email
Dec 24, 2011

This company just keeps hitting new lows.  Big shots probably too busy sitting in their offices counting their bonuses.  Shame on you Vern and the rest of your cronies.  Merry Xmas to everyone else. ...

Working Xmas... How Does Pay Work?
Dec 02, 2012

Do you have to work 8 hours or X number of lines to qualify for holiday pay?  How do they pay it out? ...

Payday 24th? Since Xmas Is The 25th?
Dec 22, 2009

?? ...

** Thank You IMEDX For Not Sending A XMAS Card
Dec 18, 2014

Thank you IMEDX for not sending a physical Christmas card, and for not sending us a gift card loaded with either $25 or $50, I forget. TT was nice to do that. AND, thank you IMEDX for me no longer doing "bonus" to save your huge account. I worked 4 years for TT and always pitched in, now it is time for an hourly job. I have the skills, I just needed to go to the last freeway exit sign to get off. Absolutely criminal I think what is going on. Has anyone every thought of a Class Action suit rega ...

MT Week Gifts
May 23, 2010

flash some cheap piece of garbage trinket trash not much thought behind it they need to be reminded that they need us far more than we need them I really wish they had not sent it to me trash it really is I hate my job Can't wait to be free of this garbage it's worthless to me I hate our anal QA department Did get a cheesy gift in the mail Incompetence worthless trinket complete lack of taste, thought, imagination typical, useless, cheap lying suits slap in the face su ...

Transcend Xmas Gift Card Amount?
Dec 20, 2011

Since I did not get a gift card yet, I'm curious about the dollar amount on it.  Please don't tell me its a $5 gift card to Starbucks. ...

MT Week With Gifts And ?recognition.
May 18, 2010

I'm wondering with all these little trinkets sent, or not....with all the little games throughout the week, why is it we don't hear a peep out in the "real world" about MT week?  It was established in 1985, but nowhere except on the AHDI website is it being promoted.  Type "national transcription week" in google and click pn search news, and the only things that come up are about how clients are trying to cut costs (usually by eliminating us).  Click on search the web, a ...

My Company Sent Out The Coolest Gifts Ever!
May 19, 2010

My company sent out the coolest gifts ever!  Kind of hard to describe, but they are made from real license plates from the state we live in.  They are folded over to make a book and one holds photos and the other CD's.  I feel so appreciated!!! ...

No So Professional Regarding Shower Gifts
Feb 28, 2012

I just do not think its professional to send out emails regarding gifts for a baby.  If so many people asked why not just send them an email via their own personal email or a phone call.  Why do we all have to know where we can register for gifts.  They are not so employee friendly with us in other ways.  Think about it.  ...

Take My Advice About MTSO Christmas Gifts
Dec 19, 2009

If you don’t expect anything, you will never be disappointed. People, you are not little children. Grow up. If you get a Merry Christmas, that should be enough. ...

Just Curious: Does ANY Company Out There Give Christmas Gifts Anymore?
Dec 18, 2012

OTI doesn't anymore. :o( ...

MT Week "gifts" From Our Employers
May 21, 2010

I've been reading these posts about the trinket trash as one person called it (good name) that MTs are receiving from their employers.  My employer sent nothing, which if you think about it is less insulting than some of the garbage that has been sent out.  The whole issue reminded me of something, I couldn't think what, until it finally dawned on me.  It's like the white man giving the Native Americans trinkets and baubles for their assistance or their land or the ...

Where To Send W-4? Anyone?
Aug 04, 2010

Need to change my federal tax withholding.  Filled out new W4, but can't find anywhere on MQ Central that says where to send it.  Anyone know? ...

Do You Ever Send Anything
Aug 11, 2010

:) ...

What To Send To QA And When To Not?
Apr 06, 2011

Can anyone tell me what I should be sending to QA or if I even should be.  I get tired of getting docked for something they cannot even figure out but yet it is me who gets the pay cut.  I am afraid to send anything to them because most of the time QA sends it back to me not knowing what they said either.  ...

When To Send To QA?!
Sep 21, 2011

After getting mixed messages as to how many blanks in a report are needed in order to be automatically sent to QA, I finally have the final number of needing a minimum of 5 blanks.   But because I am new at this field, I find myself with reports of 1 or 2 blanks that are of something that someone with more experience would know. Operative reports have all sorts of instrumentation that I just do not know and trying to look them up from what I hear just doesn't yield any reliable resul ...

Would You Send Your...
Sep 05, 2012

references at the time you apply for an MT position?  I see a company asking for that on the job board and wondered how one would get around that.  There is no way I would send that until I was offered a position first.  Or am I just out of touch? ...

I Wonder When TSM BK Will Send Out Her
Aug 15, 2013

on-call back-up MTs for the Labor Day weekend? Makes me laugh. She always expects this unforeseen deluge of reports because, gosh, you just never can tell when those doctors will start dictating hundreds of reports over the holiday.  Way too inexperienced to be in her positon.  Obviously never an MT or she would not even begin to ask for extra help during a holiday. Never enough work for those that are scheduled and then also for the following week.  ...

When Do You Send To QA
Apr 18, 2014

If you have 10 reports all with blanks, when do you determine a report is routed to QA versus striaght to the client?  How many out of 10 would you say you send?   ...

IC Tax - Have To Send Out 1099?
Jan 28, 2010

Was considering working for a company that says they hire IC.  Can anyone tell me, if an MTSO is hiring ICs, to they have to send out 1099s to all their ICs at the end of the year, or is it up to the IC to keep track of?  ...

I Wish We Could Send A Report Through With
Apr 05, 2010

one sentence. YOU HAVE TO REDICTATE THIS REPORT BECAUSE THE AUDIO IS SUCH CRAP THAT I COULD ONLY HEAR EVERY OTHER WORD AT BEST.   Seriously! I have a 255s discharge summary right now and the static is SO bad that I can only hear every other word, and sometimes not even that much.  How am I supposed to deal with that?  We should not have to struggle through reports like this where the audio is the problem.  There should be a way to kick it back to the client or something w ...

Reminder To Self: Do Not Send Anything To QA!
May 03, 2010

Okay, it was the end of the week and on my very last document I had 1 word that I could not get - so I sent it to QA.  Lo and behold!  The entire document was picked apart for ridiculous things and some things were even changed incorrectly.  All that and my blank space WAS NOT even filled in!  No more QA for me! ...

24 French Send
Feb 02, 2011

fem-pop bypass:  doc saying 24 french "send" very clearly.  I tried to make myself hear "stent," but that's not it.  books are still in storage, cannot verify "send."  Anyone?  TIA ...

First Time Right - Send To QA Without Getting A Pay Cut
Mar 14, 2011

Wow - I never really paid much attention to this - I don't send much to QA - but I just ran some numbers and realized how very little you can send to QA without getting a pay cut - geesh - I mean I hardly send anything and the one week it came out to 4.75% - I'll be more cognizant of it from here on out that's for sure. ...