A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx/Department of Labor cold call??? - GoneWebbie

Posted: Jan 27, 2011

Just curious,

Has anyone, working for Webmedx, received an anaymous call, from the Department of Revenue, requesting information about your salary at Webmedx, stating they received your information as part of a list of employees from Webmedx???

I declined to answer as the individual could/would not provide any identifying information, including name, and the number was blocked. 

Please advise as I am concerned about possible identity theft, especially in light of the fact that I am not employeed with Webmedx.

I would call MTSO and see if they can explain this. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Maybe call bank and credit cards to inform that you - might have ID theft issue. Also SM

[ In Reply To ..]
be sure to document those calls, better yet, follow up with an email. so if the worse does happen you have proof that you warned them.

No, I haven't, and I agree with calling WMX about this. - Hope it is nothing. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

If they're being investigated, and they know it, - most likely theyll clam up and say nothing. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I believe I would handle this call in this manner. - SignMeMT

[ In Reply To ..]
If anyone else gets a call like this, ask the caller for a phone number and their name, and tell them you will call them back. If you place the call and it appears valid, ask what questions they have. You don't have to answer at this point. This may be an investigation on the Department of Labor's part for an issue someone reporting a company for things like no overtime pay (we know that never happens with MTSOs - sigh) or IC or employee status, etc.

If you read posts, you would know OP didnt ever work - for the company she was asked about.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Her name implies she worked there at one time. nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
If you arent going to read the post before you post a reply - you end up looking silly. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
OP said that she does not work for Webmedx, she did not say - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
...that she never worked for Webmedx. Her nickname of "GoneWebbie" implies that she did at one time, work for Webmedx, and is not gone from the company.
No, I really don't feel silly at all! - SignMeMT
[ In Reply To ..]
OP has now posted below that she did work for this company previously. You assumed she did not for some unknown reason and just had to hop right on and condemn me for not reading her post and that it made me look silly. HMMM, who looks silly now?
I 'assumed' she didnt work there cause she said she - wasnt employed there. Silly you. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Former Webbie - FormerMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I previously worked for Webmedx, (thankful to be gone, I might add), but am no longer employed so wondering how my name would even end up on a list to begin with.
If past employees are being asked to furnish - pay info, my guess would be - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that there's a BIG impending investigation of them (thus the need for past employee records, to see how long whatever they're investigating has been going on). A little complaint might just involve current workers, but my past experience with the D.O.L. over nonpayment and non-insured status (when I was told by employer I WAS insured), was that they left NO STONE UNTURNED. I filed with D.O.L. after I left the company. My claim was small, probably a couple hundred dollars. But according to what my co-workers there told me later, D.O.L. basically came in there had everyone stop what they were doing, and tore the place apart.

So no, this doesn't sound like an unusual M.O. for the D.O.L. Proof that companies that cheat their workers often get what they deserve in the end.
But the caller did not identify self. That's not how federal - government works. VERY suspicious. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

This happened with Softscript a couple of years ago. sm - TC

[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently they were not paying OT etc correctly. I ended up getting a nice check out of the blue about 6 months after that call.

back pay - Gone Webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
That would be nice, but I honestly do not expect a thing, the company never paid right in the first place, and boy what a lie about the 8.5 cpl for typing and all you ever get is 100% VRL, what crap and so was the pay, that was when and if work was available.

I hope you let the Labor Board know that! - Maybe you will finally get your money! n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Please let us know how this plays out (sm) - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm currently at Webmedx and am very curious. It could be legit, but you've got good instincts to question the caller. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the IRS is truly checking into Webmedx and other MT companies.

No other calls to report - Gone Webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not received any further calls regarding the Department of Labor. I am just surprised this has not happened to other employees.

It might have. Not all of them come here. I wish you'd - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
call Webmedx just to see what they'd say about it. :) Curious!

Similar Messages:

Department Of Labor Audit
May 07, 2015

I received an email recently from my company stating that they were undergoing a random DOL audit followed by a questionnaire in the mail from the DOL...which the company stated was voluntary and it was up to us to decide if we wanted to answer it.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and knows what is going on and how this could affect our jobs?  I am currently working as an independent contractor on a Veterans Affairs account and would like to keep my job...a ...

Survey Of Interest For Department Of Labor Suit.
May 07, 2015

I've been observing Medquist/M*modal for the past number of years since their previous law suit. The technologies they have employed as of late are widely viewed as intentionally inhibiting, many employees stating that this speech recognition program, as well as constant shuffling of work pools, or "pods" prevent the familiarity that is central to profit,accuracy, and productivity. I intend to gauge the interest and willingness of participation in the current M*modal employee community. Pl ...

Has Anyone Reported A Company To The Department Of Labor For Unpaid Overtime?
Aug 06, 2011

If you have, can you explain the process?  Did you supply them with a weekly log of your hours?  Did you file to the state you reside or the Department of Labor where your company has its main office?  How long did it take to get your check;-)  How were you paid - did they figure an average hourly rate as we are paid per line?  Any info appreciated.  ...

Anyone Had Successfully Filed A Claim With The Department Of Labor Regarding Unpaid Time?
Oct 03, 2013

I was wondering if anyone had successfully filed a claim with the Department of Labor regarding unpaid time waiting for jobs or being "engaged to wait."  ...

Do You Guys Cold Call/walk In To Offices For New Business?
May 01, 2013

I feel like I'm getting to the point where I can't rely on new business finding me.  I recently took over in the family business and have not yet just walked into offices to see if a doctor would like to switch transcription services. Have you guys done this?  What's your experience?  Who do you ask for? Thanks to all that reply. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

Waiting On A Call Back From Dept Of Labor
Oct 07, 2010

I would encourage everyone to call their local DOL about this issue. When we sit here for 20-30 minutes typing a job and lose it due to no fault of our own, we should be compensated for the time that we sat here.  I left a message for my local DOL, hopefully will get a call back, but it seems to me that constitutes not getting paid for hours worked, which is illegal.  If anyone else has checked into this, let me know. Thanks! ...

313-226-7448 616-456-2004 Call Either Number For US Dept Of Labor
Sep 19, 2012

Called state DOL and was given these numbers for US DOL because the company grosses over half a million a year.  I called and left message regarding OT practices at Nuance.  Will update when I get a call back.  ...

Laid-off Webmedx MTs, Did They Call You?
Feb 03, 2011

I note that in the last week there have been many new MTs come on board at Webmedx. They are being hired for new accounts. I'm wondering of Webmedx kept their word by calling those they laid off and asking them to come back. If you were laid off, did you get a call? (I know, whether you'd consider going back is another question entirely) ...

Webmedx - Monday Call
Mar 13, 2011

Is this call only for those who are being impacted by the changes and the general posting on community page for everyone else? ...

"Cold" Call?
Mar 11, 2015

Years ago I applied to work for Nuance and do the Escription platform.  I transcribe average 325 and edit 650 on that platform.  I was looking for only 2 hours a day just to supplement my current income (I am a workaholic).  They said no thanks.  Is Nuance just being badly managed or do they just have so much work?  If they have so much work, why wouldn't they take anybody to do the work?  99.4% quality as well.  I still have my FT job with an actual hospi ...

CA. Labor Board States "Good Case" Regarding Unpaid Labor
Jun 22, 2015

A fellow MT posted on the Nuance board that she contacted the California Labor Board regarding unpaid labor.  I hope this case creates a precedent!  For me, some jobs are so laden with problems half my time is spent researching and correcting dictator errors - for no pay!  We are not paid to check email, answer email, train, review of all the documents emailed to us, review changes in procedure, doctor exceptions to the rule, working with tech support, reviewing QA, searchin ...

Come On Doc, I Am Sorry You Have A Cold
Mar 27, 2013

If your voice is giving out, how can I understand your dictation? ...

I Thought The Cold War Was Over...
Feb 17, 2010

Dictated:  No bruising, petechiae or rashing. VR:  No bruising, petechiae or Russians. ...

S/l Cold Corexy
May 29, 2011

s/l cold corexy done in each ear without ocular movement. I would think he meant to say eye instead of ear since he is talking about ocular movement, but I have no idea what the first part is.  Any ideas?  ...

Cold Hands
Nov 07, 2011

I'm finding that my hands are freezing these days when i type and it really slows down my typing. i work in room that is not that well heated, but not freezing either. does anyone have any ideas for me? ...

Cold Therapy Pad
Sep 10, 2012

As the dressing was placed on, her DG Arthur cold therapy pad was wrapped into the dressing.   I've been trying to confirm DG Arthur cold therapy pad, but I can't find it.  Has anyone heard of something similar to this?   Thanks! ...

Who Wants A Cold Beverage?
Dec 14, 2014

I'm buying the first virtual round! ...

How Do You Keep Your Fingers Warm In This Cold?!
Jan 08, 2015

Any tips on how to keep my fingers warm during this crappy weather? There is a blizzard warning where I am with 30-40 mph winds and -30 wind chills.  My apartment is freezing.  Turned the heat up but my fingers are like ice!  Stay warm everyone! lol ...

? Department
Jun 13, 2012

The patient was sent from the "integ" department to detox for alcohol detox.    ? department ?   Thanks. ...

There Goes Another MT Department. S/m
Nov 24, 2013

I have a sister who is the head of med rec in a hospital in Iowa. This hospital is part of a large system. They are moving to VR within the next year. Those MTs are worried about their jobs. I told my sister to give them a heads up - their $20+/hour jobs will be gone. Their superb benefits will be gone. I feel for them - this is happening to all of us - being paid peanuts for our experience and knowledge. They already have EMR in place and there are patients who, once they've log ...

IT Department
Feb 15, 2015

Where is mmodal's IT department located.  I called and the person I spoke hardly spoke English.  Is it in India or TN? ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

Cold Contacting Potential Clients
May 31, 2011

Anyone have any helpful suggestions on cold contacting potential clients. Better by email, mail, fax or phone? Which would be thought of as the most professional? ...

From The Department Of NO WORK
Apr 30, 2012

did your dog get loose and you had to chase it down? are you having technical maladies? GSD begins at 12AM tonight and continues through 11PM TUESDAY MAY 1ST. The next direct action after May 1 will involve AHDIs so-called MT Week so stay tuned and save up your pennies or your courage. Whatever it is you lack. You can do it! You can! (You can always cut your production in half for the duration of Strike Day, or some fraction that suits you, if you just cannot manage to muster the minimal cou ...

Department Capitalization
Aug 23, 2012

I have been going back and forth on this, but doc says, "He was also found to be hypertensive. Patient's hypertension was managed by *anesthesia* and a 12-lead EKG was obtained." My gut is wanting to capitalize anesthesia to show that it was the anesthesiologists in the Anesthesia Department who managed the hypertension rather than anesthesia itself, but then again, maybe not? Would it be safer to not capitalize it? ...

Capitalization Of Department Help Pls?
Apr 12, 2013

This one has me second guessing myself.  Dictation is:  Per the department of oncology, the patient is reminded to return in 2 weeks.  Would you capitalize department and oncology or not?  Thanks so much for your help!   ...

Capitalizing Department Name
Nov 07, 2013

Would you capitalize "Plastics" (as in Plastic Surgery) because it is a department name?  I'm wondering since it is kind of like a slang term. ...

Cold Hands When Typing? Anyone Try Compression Gloves?
Mar 20, 2010

I suffer from terribly cold fingers when I am typing.  My mom suggested compression gloves.  Has anyone ever tried them?Right now I am running a spaceheater pointed at my hands and I am still having to take breaks to warm them up. ...