A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cold contacting potential clients - CMB

Posted: May 31, 2011

Anyone have any helpful suggestions on cold contacting potential clients. Better by email, mail, fax or phone? Which would be thought of as the most professional?

When I was doing it - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I made up a brochure and a letter and hand-delivered it to clients. This was all local physicians back in the day, but if possible I would still do that. If not, I would think a letter would be the best way. Email would probably go to client as spam, phone is easy to just say no thank you. At least with a letter and perhaps a colorful brochure with services you are offering, they have something to look at and perhaps save if not interested at the present time. JMHO

And Then... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Offer to do a 1/2 day's worth of work for "free" as sort of your interview process.

CMB - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I would never cold call anyone. It is extremely bad business manners, nor would I fax them. I would send something via mail with instructions for the way they could contact me, at their convenience, should they be interested in our services. I would offer to come to their office to meet with them at their convenience to discuss ways I could help them. (Just this morning I told someone who cold called me that I do not do business with anyone who cold calls and interrupts my day.)

Thanks everyone... - CMB

[ In Reply To ..]
for the good advice!

I've had excellent results cold calling by phone.. - Michelle

[ In Reply To ..]
I've personally had excellent experience cold calling over the phone. If you word it the right way, it saves a lot of time of going into office building after office building with no results. You just need to be professional. You ask for the office manager, and ask if their office is currently using transcription services and, if so, if they are happy with the service. I also ask if I can send info to them and they almost always ask for me to fax to them. If they don't have an office manager, or they start asking what it's regarding, I tell whoever answers the phone. I've gotten into some fun and friendly conversations.

I've had my own accounts for 20+ years (currently making .16 per line..not 65 cpl) I've also worked in medical offices, and have friends who currently work in them, and they HATE someone walking in the office randomly with a waiting room of patients. They would much rather have you call. They usually throw away the info the second you leave. I've found it's a waste of my time going door to door..and you waste paper. I'd much rather give someone info only if they ask for it. Good Luck!

Effective Cold Calling Variation - mtanon

[ In Reply To ..]
Having had my own accounts for over 15 years, and lots of experience with this "cold calling," you can try some of the tips I'm happy to share. Cold calling only is bad if you're trying to get in to see someone without an appointment. But here are some methods that can work really well. Just walk in with the intention of leave a packet of your literature with the front desk and ask for them to please pass it onto the business/practice manager. If they ask what it's about, just say it's some information about transcription. Sometimes though the front desk person tries to barricade the process by saying something like "oh, we have someone doing that already." Don't just walk away at this point. You can just say something like, "oh, that's no problem...but if I could just ask for you to pass this on to the business manager anyway." Do not engage in any explanation with the front desk person! You're just asking them for the favor. If they flat out refuse, then just thank them and leave. In the event the business/practice manager is the person at the front desk, and they refuse it as well, that might be as far s you can go, but you could ask for them to accept your literature to "keep for future reference." But otherwise the front desk people are pretty helpful with this because you are not asking to see anyone. Also, I always put a line on the bottom of my envelope in italics that just says something like "Transcription Service Information." You can also put in the address block something like "Attention: Practice Manager." And here's my final technique, I don't seal the envelope. That way there's no suspect of some substance inside like the old mail scares with anthrax or such. It's kind of fun to do it this way, as you're not asking anyone to see you. Sometimes, if the front desk person seems friendly, you can have a little notebook ready and ask if you could have the practice manager's name so you can follow up. This is always iffy, so if they say no to that, just thank them and leave. When you go in, always be sure to stand behind any patients who may be checking in or making an appointment, etc. Good Luck!

Similar Messages:

Contacting Payroll
Jun 27, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to contact payroll?  I am fairly new with the company.  They forgot to pay me last time at all and this time I was paid line count but was told by the recruiter that I would be paid hourly for the first few weeks.  Any information would be greatly appreciated as my CCM is on vacation. Thanks. ...

Contacting Former Employer
Jul 09, 2012

Has anyone ever contacted a former employer to see if they would re-hire you? Reason I am asking is, I was working with this MT company, but had to quit because something happened to my computer and my back-up didn't have the specifications required to run the software they use. It's been about 4 months since I've quit, and I have a new computer now that would work with what they offer. I am hesitant to ask to see if they would consider re-hiring me because when I quit, even thoug ...

Quality 2.0 - Who Is Contacting Them
Oct 02, 2014

At the end of the Quality 2.0 presentation, she says that we can contact her (yet doesn't give contact info) with "any questions, comments, or concerns."  They are "looking forward to our feedback." How many of us are actually going to contact them and tell them what a crock this is?  Something that was glaringly missing from the presentation was how they expect us to decrease these errors.  Do they not realize that the majority of those lab value and vital sign errors aren& ...

I Will Be Contacting My State's Dept. Of Labor.
Aug 19, 2010

Last pay check, I did not receive the PTO I requested in SS and was granted by my CCM. I contacted payroll immediately. Mind you, this happened to me once before.  It took 1 email and 1 phone call and I had a check the very next day. It is now a week later.  I have been around and around with payroll and my CCM.  FINALLY, yesterday, I get an email that they owe me the PTO and will add it onto MY NEXT CHECK. I don't think so.  That is money that I earned and am entitl ...

Contacting Someone With The MT Story And Greedy MTSOs.
Aug 04, 2013

This lady might get interested in the MT vs MTSO greed issue if enough people contact her. I've already done it, but it's going to take several people, especially those of you who work for the top 2 greedmongers. You very likely can do it anonymously, give it a try and see. The lady who wrote the article is in this post: http://general.mtstars.com/357551.html Click on her name as the author, and it gives you a contact option. ...

I Have Tried Contacting The Mods About This Company That Has Not Paid
Dec 08, 2014

me yet.  They are a week late.  I will be saying the name if this company does not have my pay to me by TOMORROW.  I have an attorney, but I want to let the mods know I will name names if I do not hear from them quick.   ...

MME - Really More Pay Potential Or Not?
Oct 08, 2011

It has been suggested to me by my CCM that I apply for MME position, stating I will definitely make more $$$.  My gut says no I won't but I have nothing to back that up.  Any first-hand experience out there to confirm or negate my intuition?  ...

Come On Doc, I Am Sorry You Have A Cold
Mar 27, 2013

If your voice is giving out, how can I understand your dictation? ...

Tell The Potential 2nd Employer About The 1st?
Sep 20, 2011

Took me quite awhile to figure this out. You need 2 MT jobs because they all overhire to keep many more employees less busy to pay less. In my day, you kept your 2nd job quiet, but what is the way to do it now? Is it good or bad to be looking for a 2nd part-time job, do you tell them. Is there anyone who left the first job to go full time with the 2nd one or switched them? And is it better to go IC in the 2nd job because of flexibility? I sound pretty dumb! ...

Potential Scam
Sep 19, 2012

I was contacted by a company wanting to interview by chatting.  I did all that, and it sounded so great.  Set your own hours, work as much as you want, etc.  All I had to do to get started was pay $295 for the software they use.  I did some fast Google searches in another window and decided not to.  They pointed out that as an Independent Contracter, I was responsible for my own equipment.  I pointed out that I bought my own hardware, which is almost universall ...

Potential New Hire
Dec 07, 2013

I've had a job offer with a transcription company..however, my problem is I'm required to have MS Word, version 2007 or 2010,,,no student/teacher/starter or trial editions....and I've gone to Best Buy, E Bay and Amazon.  The cheapest I have found to dowload it is $300 !!  That's not happening....so, is there a less expensive way ??? If not, I'm faced with turning down this job offer.   HELP !! ...

Potential Jobs --
Apr 10, 2015

These were listed on a recent Duke Career email I got. I think they are on-ground. I'm on the West coast. Tomah Memorial Hospital Transcriptionist Tomah (WI), Posted: Monday Mar 30th Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Transcriptionist Boston (MA), Posted: Thursday Mar 26th MidMichigan Health Sr Medical Transcriptionist Midland (MI), Posted: Thursday Mar 26th Miraca Life Sciences Transcriptionist Union (NJ), Posted: Thursday Apr 2nd ...

I Thought The Cold War Was Over...
Feb 17, 2010

Dictated:  No bruising, petechiae or rashing. VR:  No bruising, petechiae or Russians. ...

S/l Cold Corexy
May 29, 2011

s/l cold corexy done in each ear without ocular movement. I would think he meant to say eye instead of ear since he is talking about ocular movement, but I have no idea what the first part is.  Any ideas?  ...

Cold Hands
Nov 07, 2011

I'm finding that my hands are freezing these days when i type and it really slows down my typing. i work in room that is not that well heated, but not freezing either. does anyone have any ideas for me? ...

Cold Therapy Pad
Sep 10, 2012

As the dressing was placed on, her DG Arthur cold therapy pad was wrapped into the dressing.   I've been trying to confirm DG Arthur cold therapy pad, but I can't find it.  Has anyone heard of something similar to this?   Thanks! ...

Who Wants A Cold Beverage?
Dec 14, 2014

I'm buying the first virtual round! ...

? S/l Asmedicine Revoke Potential
Jan 26, 2010

Patient has a history or balance problems.  sentence reads: She also had s/l asmediciine revoke potential which showed abnormal bilateral tibial s/l mad sensory evoke potentials in normal positions and "budda positions". ...

Potential Complication From Laparoscopic
Sep 23, 2010

"Risks, benefits, and potential complications were discussed with the patient, in particular _________ (s/l  *tomboy buttock*)  phenomenon".     (Pt. is a male). ????? ...

Inscribe For Potential Emplyment
Feb 06, 2012

How is Inscribe to work for.  Do they hire IC or just employees. I know we have talked about this before on here but just wanted to see if anyone was hired recently that would have an opinion on them.  I have gotten several emails from them regarding employment and have not pursued that. ...

Need Advice For A Potential Client
May 13, 2013

Hi, I wondered if some of you who have your own accounts or who have had your own accounts could give me some information.  I have been asked if I would like a part-time dermatology account as an independent contractor in my town.  They said I needed my own transcription software with ability to provide itemized report with invoices.  I know I could use Express Scribe, but what would I need for the itemized report with invoices.  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but would l ...

Keystrokes, As Bad As NU Or MM? Potential Offer
Aug 19, 2013

X ...

For Any Potential New Nuance Acquisition
Jun 21, 2014

Every time there is a hospital or clinic acquisition, those "acquired" MTs will be crammed onto existing accounts as their own account/work types become more streamlined and less available as more and more of it is done more efficiently with voice wreck and 3 shifts of people to do the work. Think of it like when a larger dog moves into a pen already crowded with too many dogs. All the pre-existing dogs have to scooch over yet again (exist on less) to make room for the new dog in the cage.& ...

How Do You Keep Your Fingers Warm In This Cold?!
Jan 08, 2015

Any tips on how to keep my fingers warm during this crappy weather? There is a blizzard warning where I am with 30-40 mph winds and -30 wind chills.  My apartment is freezing.  Turned the heat up but my fingers are like ice!  Stay warm everyone! lol ...

Isnt It Illegal For A Potential Employer To Ask Your Age?
Nov 16, 2009

Have any of you had the feeling you weren't getting callbacks from employers you applied with because of your age?  I've been getting that feeling, and I thought that discrimination based on age, among other things, was illegal. So of course, the answer would be to just not fill in your date of birth, right?  Well, lately I've applied at a few places where the ONLY way to apply was online.  I had actually called them because I wanted to either come in and fill out ...

Potential Employers Interview Process
Mar 22, 2011

So I graduated in February and began the job hunt.  Finally I receive one call back from a local company. To date I have attended two seperate interviews. The second time I was supposed to test but the computer was not working so a couple of weeks later they schedule testing at one of the transcriptionist house.  I test and the computer freezes up.  Luckily the test is recovered the next day and sent to the boss for review.  Get another call today, and am told that ...

I Was Warned Of A Potential Bad Employer By Checking
Apr 30, 2013

this forum and I backed out because I had to purchase software and would be "micromanaged" too closely. I found myself on the offensive and caught the recruiter off guard because I told him I had no money to buy software because MTs are so poor. It was beautiful just to hear his jaw drop! I felt tremendous just to boycott this industry in my own way. ...

Potential To Switch From Straight Transcription To SR?
May 15, 2013

Hi - I have been doing acute care work for this client as an IC for almost two years. While I enjoy the work, I know it is probably in my best interest to start doing some SR work as well. The company I work for just asked their ICs if anyone is interested in learning the SR platform for some new SR work that is coming onboard. I am currently only making .07 cpl! I know that SR line rates are generally lower since the "assumption" is you can go a bit faster, can anyone give me a fair id ...

For All Potential Candidates. Truth In Recruitment Advertising
Apr 01, 2015

Nuance is first and foremost a software company that depends upon poorly paid MTs to do the work of software engineers to perfect speech recognition software. By pretending to be a legitimate MTSO, they can recruit innocent MTs straight out of school who have no expectations of being self-sufficient any time soon. They use you, though, until the speech wreck is in passable condition for front-end EHR or shipment off to India. Once this occurs, usually 6 to 8 weeks after acquisition of the accoun ...

Cold Hands When Typing? Anyone Try Compression Gloves?
Mar 20, 2010

I suffer from terribly cold fingers when I am typing.  My mom suggested compression gloves.  Has anyone ever tried them?Right now I am running a spaceheater pointed at my hands and I am still having to take breaks to warm them up. ...