A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cold hands when typing? Anyone try compression gloves? - Mrs. Numbfingers

Posted: Mar 20, 2010

I suffer from terribly cold fingers when I am typing.  My mom suggested compression gloves.  Has anyone ever tried them?

Right now I am running a spaceheater pointed at my hands and I am still having to take breaks to warm them up.

Smetimes I put a heating pad on low under my keyboard, on my lap. nm - CaliDeb nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I have a pair of those cheap stretchy .. sm - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]
gloves that I have cut the tips off. It works very well for me.

Cold hands when typing - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried your suggestion of cutting the tips off cheap stretchy gloves, and they are working well for me too.

I keep a desk lamp on my desk - sm - NYMT

[ In Reply To ..]
It's the only lamp in the house that still has an incandescent bulb, 60 watts. It has a gooseneck so I can stretch it out over my keyboard and it keeps my hands nice and warm!

Right now those little knit striped fingerless stretchy gloves - are all the rage. Got some for about $5 (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
at a little accessory boutique at a mall, and they're PERFECT. For a quick hand warmup, I lay them on top of my radiant oil-filled space heater for a few moments before putting them on. Aaahhhhhhh!!!!!
:)

I'm using compression gloves.... - anotherMT

[ In Reply To ..]
made by Imak. I have pretty small hands and ordered their extra small. They are pretty tight, very well made, and they warm my hands up pretty quickly. I still don't like typing with gloves on, but these don't slow me down that much...and I usually take them off as soon as my hands get warm again. I think I bought them from Amazon, but you could Google Imak and see what you find. Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Cold Hands
Nov 07, 2011

I'm finding that my hands are freezing these days when i type and it really slows down my typing. i work in room that is not that well heated, but not freezing either. does anyone have any ideas for me? ...

Has Anyone Tried The HandEze Gloves?
Dec 16, 2009

Apparently they are fingerless gloves made of something called Med-a-Likra.  Supposedly they "massage" your wrists as you work.  They just look like Isotoner gloves.  I was hoping someone has used these and has an opinion on them before I shell out the 20 bux.   Thanks! :) ...

Gloves And Keyboards
Sep 21, 2011

I have a two-fold question here.  Has anyone tried the arthritis gloves from transcripotion gear that are designed to keep your hands warm in the winter (sorry to say that awful word but it is coming), and the stiffness when I am cold is very hard to take in terms of speed and loosening up.  Second fold, has anyone tried the mechanical keyboards?  The ones that area not the "soft touch" and actually make a clicking sound?  The only ones I am finding are ones for "gamers" ...

For Those Using Ergo Gloves For Support
Feb 04, 2010

I have been using Handeze and now am looking again, at smartglove and softflex, leaning towards the latter. Anyone care to give their experience, and/or other recommendations?  thanks. ...

Carpal Tunnel Gloves?
Feb 19, 2010

I am starting to have a lot of difficulty with my hands after 24 years of transcribing.  I wake up all night long with pain and tingling in my fingers.  I am pretty sure I have carpal tunnel.  Does anybody wear gloves while they are working to help with carpal tunnel?  If so, what kind and where do you get them?  TIA ...

Gloves For Carpal Tunnel
Apr 15, 2012

Fourth time I've tried to send this post. Apparently it only works in text mode - not rich text mode. I'm trying to identify the fingerless gloves that have 2 wrist pads to protect the median nerve. Does anyone know the name of these gloves??? Thanks! ...

Great Computer Gloves
Sep 25, 2014

If you have carpal tunnel or just want to prevent it, get some SoftFlex computer gloves (available on Amazon for about $27.00). Webmedx back when they were still wonderful sent me mine for Christmas in about 2006. Comfortable to type in and really help to support your wrists. ...

Help With Compression Wrap
Mar 11, 2014

The patient is being treated for a surgical wound dehiscence.  It sounds like they applied a "mild dome space compression wrap."  Any suggestions?  Thanks. ...

Is This Correct? Grady Compression
Mar 14, 2010

Though I am still looking, I can not seem to confirm this.  The context is: Abdomen was soft and nontender both during Grady compression and the FAST exam.     ...

S/l Ganzen And SI Compression Maneuvers Nm
Apr 07, 2011

nm ...

L1-L2 Compression Fractures Or L1 And L2 Compresion Fracture
Jun 22, 2012

S/l Grade D Tool-la-gra To Help With Compression....Any Idease?
Aug 12, 2014

(s/l)biscopace Classic Padding Compression Stockings
Apr 11, 2013

(s/l)biscopace classic padding compression stockings. Leg ulcer ...

A Compression Gauze Or Garment For Split Thickness Burn To Foot
Apr 18, 2012

Dr. seems to be dictating,"a single layer of TENSOFLEX." This is being applied over a healing skin graft on the foot. Thanks ...

Patient With Prior Compression Fracture - *ebulent* Bone Spur And Degenerative Changes. Thanks. Nm
Apr 02, 2011

nm ...

Come On Doc, I Am Sorry You Have A Cold
Mar 27, 2013

If your voice is giving out, how can I understand your dictation? ...

I Thought The Cold War Was Over...
Feb 17, 2010

Dictated:  No bruising, petechiae or rashing. VR:  No bruising, petechiae or Russians. ...

S/l Cold Corexy
May 29, 2011

s/l cold corexy done in each ear without ocular movement. I would think he meant to say eye instead of ear since he is talking about ocular movement, but I have no idea what the first part is.  Any ideas?  ...

Cold Therapy Pad
Sep 10, 2012

As the dressing was placed on, her DG Arthur cold therapy pad was wrapped into the dressing.   I've been trying to confirm DG Arthur cold therapy pad, but I can't find it.  Has anyone heard of something similar to this?   Thanks! ...

Who Wants A Cold Beverage?
Dec 14, 2014

I'm buying the first virtual round! ...

How Do You Keep Your Fingers Warm In This Cold?!
Jan 08, 2015

Any tips on how to keep my fingers warm during this crappy weather? There is a blizzard warning where I am with 30-40 mph winds and -30 wind chills.  My apartment is freezing.  Turned the heat up but my fingers are like ice!  Stay warm everyone! lol ...

Cold Contacting Potential Clients
May 31, 2011

Anyone have any helpful suggestions on cold contacting potential clients. Better by email, mail, fax or phone? Which would be thought of as the most professional? ...

Cold Crystalloid Cardioplegia In The Form Of S/l Crystadiol 40 ML/kg
Jul 14, 2010

Hi all. Here's the sentence...Cold crystalloid cardioplegia in the form of s/l crystadiol 40 mL/kg was then administered in an antegrade fashion.   Any help very much appreciated. Thanks.         ...

...Cold Crystalloid Cardioplegia In The Form Of S/l Crystadiol 40 ML/kg
Jul 14, 2010

Hi all. Here's the sentence...Cold crystalloid cardioplegia in the form of s/l crystadiol 40 mL/kg was then administered in an antegrade fashion.  Any help very much appreciated. Thanks. ...

Webmedx/Department Of Labor Cold Call???
Jan 27, 2011

Just curious, Has anyone, working for Webmedx, received an anaymous call, from the Department of Revenue, requesting information about your salary at Webmedx, stating they received your information as part of a list of employees from Webmedx??? I declined to answer as the individual could/would not provide any identifying information, including name, and the number was blocked.  Please advise as I am concerned about possible identity theft, especially in light of the fact that I am not e ...

Patient With Cold Chronic Bipolar Disorder?
Jul 03, 2014

She's got chronic mood disorder, and he says  could also have  "cold"  chronic bipolar disorder.  Google was of no help.  ...

Patient Has Cold Agglutinin Or S/l Chrono Globulin Disease. TIA Nm
Nov 24, 2009

xx ...

The Patient Has Ischemia And It Acts Very Much Cold S/l Cryogluetenon Conditions. TIA
May 23, 2010

xx ...

Do You Guys Cold Call/walk In To Offices For New Business?
May 01, 2013

I feel like I'm getting to the point where I can't rely on new business finding me.  I recently took over in the family business and have not yet just walked into offices to see if a doctor would like to switch transcription services. Have you guys done this?  What's your experience?  Who do you ask for? Thanks to all that reply. ...

Silver's Gold (or Cold) Test? See Complete Sentence Below
Jan 28, 2014

He also has a positive silver's (or Sever's) gold (or cold) test on the right with increased dorsiflexion when his knee is in flexion.          The patient has Sever's disease.  Thanks. ...