A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"Cold" call? - No thank you

Posted: Mar 11, 2015

Years ago I applied to work for Nuance and do the Escription platform.  I transcribe average 325 and edit 650 on that platform.  I was looking for only 2 hours a day just to supplement my current income (I am a workaholic).  They said no thanks.  Is Nuance just being badly managed or do they just have so much work?  If they have so much work, why wouldn't they take anybody to do the work?  99.4% quality as well.  I still have my FT job with an actual hospital so I am not going anywhere.  I was just shocked to have gotten a phone call!  I didn't recognize the caller ID so I left it go to voicemail and do not intend to return the call.

I do not know of any place that takes 10 hours a week--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe that the general requirement is a minimum of 20 hours. Part of this comes down to the fact that there are expenses associated with employees (pay roll, etc) so they require an amount that they think it is worth it to them to cover.

The phone call was likely because you expressed an interest in the past and so your name and number are on a list of people to contact. They probably have no record of the finer details. If you have a job with a hospital, I would milk it for all its worth as they are few and far between now.

Do not feel too good, I was called last week to work for them - and I already work here.

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance nonsense.

It just goes - to show you

[ In Reply To ..]
How disconnected this hole really is with their employees. What kind of F'd up company contacts current employees to come work for them? Can you say HR FAIL! I do know how you feel. They did it to me too.

"The experience speaks for itself" - tt

[ In Reply To ..]
Enough said

Funny/not funny - gone-gone

[ In Reply To ..]
Relating to your message - I just got a call from tech support yesterday (exactly a week after I was told it was mandatory for me to change my schedule and start on this new account) wondering if I still wanted that new platform/platforms for another new account downloaded - in the meantime, guess support didn't get the memo, I don't work there anymore. Side note - when Support first tried to download these platforms, they didn't even know how to go about it and had to stop the process and get back to me. Nice.

I'm confused....you said at first they said - no thanks. Then

[ In Reply To ..]
you say you let their call go to voicemail, not intending to return the call. Didn't you say they already said no thanks....

Anyway....you don't want to work here....you wouldn't be happy....and if you really ARE getting 650 lines VR (not sure I believe that but it's a moot point)...you won't be getting that many lines/hour here for various reasons, no consistency in accounts that is required to make high production and not enough work for those of us who are still here.

to confused - wheresmymoney

[ In Reply To ..]
if you work for Nuance, then you only know the Nuance "line count" system. when I worked in a hospital, I could easily do 3000-3500 lines a day. our lines were calculated WAY different. matter of fact, we had a lot of ESLs (like who doesn't) and because of that, we actually got 1.5 lines for each line typed! so imagine my reality when we got outsourced hahahahahaha!!!!! that's probably what's going on there. I'm 25+ years in and on a great day I do 250, most days 200, bad day 150. remember it's all relative

Similar Messages:

Webmedx/Department Of Labor Cold Call???
Jan 27, 2011

Just curious, Has anyone, working for Webmedx, received an anaymous call, from the Department of Revenue, requesting information about your salary at Webmedx, stating they received your information as part of a list of employees from Webmedx??? I declined to answer as the individual could/would not provide any identifying information, including name, and the number was blocked.  Please advise as I am concerned about possible identity theft, especially in light of the fact that I am not e ...

Do You Guys Cold Call/walk In To Offices For New Business?
May 01, 2013

I feel like I'm getting to the point where I can't rely on new business finding me.  I recently took over in the family business and have not yet just walked into offices to see if a doctor would like to switch transcription services. Have you guys done this?  What's your experience?  Who do you ask for? Thanks to all that reply. ...

Come On Doc, I Am Sorry You Have A Cold
Mar 27, 2013

If your voice is giving out, how can I understand your dictation? ...

I Thought The Cold War Was Over...
Feb 17, 2010

Dictated:  No bruising, petechiae or rashing. VR:  No bruising, petechiae or Russians. ...

S/l Cold Corexy
May 29, 2011

s/l cold corexy done in each ear without ocular movement. I would think he meant to say eye instead of ear since he is talking about ocular movement, but I have no idea what the first part is.  Any ideas?  ...

Cold Hands
Nov 07, 2011

I'm finding that my hands are freezing these days when i type and it really slows down my typing. i work in room that is not that well heated, but not freezing either. does anyone have any ideas for me? ...

Cold Therapy Pad
Sep 10, 2012

As the dressing was placed on, her DG Arthur cold therapy pad was wrapped into the dressing.   I've been trying to confirm DG Arthur cold therapy pad, but I can't find it.  Has anyone heard of something similar to this?   Thanks! ...

Who Wants A Cold Beverage?
Dec 14, 2014

I'm buying the first virtual round! ...

How Do You Keep Your Fingers Warm In This Cold?!
Jan 08, 2015

Any tips on how to keep my fingers warm during this crappy weather? There is a blizzard warning where I am with 30-40 mph winds and -30 wind chills.  My apartment is freezing.  Turned the heat up but my fingers are like ice!  Stay warm everyone! lol ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

Cold Contacting Potential Clients
May 31, 2011

Anyone have any helpful suggestions on cold contacting potential clients. Better by email, mail, fax or phone? Which would be thought of as the most professional? ...

Cold Hands When Typing? Anyone Try Compression Gloves?
Mar 20, 2010

I suffer from terribly cold fingers when I am typing.  My mom suggested compression gloves.  Has anyone ever tried them?Right now I am running a spaceheater pointed at my hands and I am still having to take breaks to warm them up. ...

Cold Crystalloid Cardioplegia In The Form Of S/l Crystadiol 40 ML/kg
Jul 14, 2010

Hi all. Here's the sentence...Cold crystalloid cardioplegia in the form of s/l crystadiol 40 mL/kg was then administered in an antegrade fashion.   Any help very much appreciated. Thanks.         ...

...Cold Crystalloid Cardioplegia In The Form Of S/l Crystadiol 40 ML/kg
Jul 14, 2010

Hi all. Here's the sentence...Cold crystalloid cardioplegia in the form of s/l crystadiol 40 mL/kg was then administered in an antegrade fashion.  Any help very much appreciated. Thanks. ...

Patient With Cold Chronic Bipolar Disorder?
Jul 03, 2014

She's got chronic mood disorder, and he says  could also have  "cold"  chronic bipolar disorder.  Google was of no help.  ...

Patient Has Cold Agglutinin Or S/l Chrono Globulin Disease. TIA Nm
Nov 24, 2009

xx ...

The Patient Has Ischemia And It Acts Very Much Cold S/l Cryogluetenon Conditions. TIA
May 23, 2010

xx ...

Silver's Gold (or Cold) Test? See Complete Sentence Below
Jan 28, 2014

He also has a positive silver's (or Sever's) gold (or cold) test on the right with increased dorsiflexion when his knee is in flexion.          The patient has Sever's disease.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Ever Hear Of "garden Variety Cold" And Is It Capped?
Jan 26, 2010

x ...

S/l "cold Embolization" For Brain Aneurysm
Feb 01, 2011

I don't see much for this on Google.  Is this correct? Thanks, Abby ...

Preop Diagnosis Is S/l"kay-less" Foot Left. The Procedure Is Left S/l "cold" Mid
May 26, 2010

left calcaneal osteotomy.  ...

On Call M-F 8-5 P.m. Are You Serious?
Jun 02, 2010

nm ...

ON CALL WITHOUT PAY?
Mar 25, 2011

An account manager sent out an email suggesting that we monitor our emails on our weekend days off, and then log on to help if requested. Am I the only one who expects to not check emails or work during my one weekend day off? Even though I have a required schedule, should I expect to work 7 days a week in this industry, including on my days off? Am I asking too much to be allowed to not turn on my computer on my day off, or to be allowed to go out without worry about rushing home to check em ...

MD-IT Or Whatever They Call Themselves Now
Oct 30, 2012

just heard from someone who worked there. ...

On-call Pay?
May 24, 2013

Does anyone have experience with being on call, whether you have to be paid for on-call time?  My husband works a job in maintenance and they just recently cut their hours back to 32 hours per week, having them off on Fridays.  They told them that if an "emergency" occured on their off day that they would be called in.  Well, today, husband went out of town to visit his mom and his boss called and told him to go to a work order that needed to be done and he told her he was out of ...

Call With MM, Did It
Jul 11, 2014

Just curious as to how the call went. ...

Just Got A Call From Somebody At
Feb 26, 2015

asking me why I haven't been working, this is nearly a month after the work vanished.  I told her in my most p---sed off voice that there has been no work, no answers to emails, no calls, and no explaination as to anything, and they finally figured out how to call me after a month??!!   She said something like "oh, work  has been slow" and I said not slow, NO WORK (yelling at this point) and Imedx should be ashamed of themselves and I hope one day she finds herself in the sam ...

Ace Call
Mar 14, 2015

She had an ACE call this morning for severe hypoglycemic reaction. Is it Ace, ace, or ACE? I can't find any documentation of this but it is spoken clearly. ...

Anybody Else In On This Call?
May 29, 2015

.... ...