A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

You guys are unbelievable. For months you - have complained about...

Posted: Mar 03, 2010

For months you have complained about NJA and other people logging on randomly and taking your work away.  So MQ comes up with a system whereby this will no longer be allowed to happen -- and you are now complaining about it too ?  The point here is to make sure that you will have work at your scheduled time without other people hopping on and doing it.   Isn't that what you have been wanting ?

You have been really spoiled by MQ if you are used to logging on 15 minutes late or early and finishing late or early .  Try doing that in a doctor's office or in a hospital transcription department.  At my other job at a local  hospital there are 3 transcription shifts.  If you arrive late and clock in late,  you must use your PTO for that time.  You can't work that lost time later.  The evening shift person comes and needs your workstation.  Or if you are evening shift, a night shift person might need your workstation.  There is no leeway at all. 

Wow! TALK ABOUT A HOSTILE SUIT! - THREATENING!

[ In Reply To ..]
SO BE IT. Like you say, GO WITH THE FLOW.

I picked this profession because it is supposed to be flexible. I WORK AT HOME BY THE WAY, NOT IN AN OFFICE.

No offense, but if you picked this profession to be flexible, - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
then you should be an IC NOT an employee. I would LOVE flexibility but I also realize I am an employee. I feel allowing us to choose our our schedules is flexible enough. I have never been turned down when I have asked to change my hours permanently, and I've done it many times.

You are very, very lucky! - I have been turned down.

[ In Reply To ..]
I did not ask to work late evenings, but was told I had to keep a job. Now I would like to work days, but not allowed too. I have worked every holiday and evenings for 24 years with this same company.

I guess you are privileged. By the way, I am one of those so called BEST OF THE BEST, but an MME last week cut me down for it.

Gone back to school and by the end of this summer, outta here. Good luck to you. I am sure you will do well.
I did not mean to offend anyone who did not - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
have the schedule flexibility that I have (so far). I guess I should have also explained that the hours I want are not necessarily 9 to 5 hours, which a lot of us want, so that may be the reason. I work a split shift, half my hours during the day and half in the middle of the night. So, maybe if I asked to work 9 to 5 I'd be turned down.

I definitely do not think I am privileged in any way except that I still have a job at the moment.

No offense - wend970

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure you've noticed this after working for with MQ for 12 years (13 years myself), but MQ expects their worker bees to be flexible. If there is no work, we are routinely told to try to make up the work time later - at their convenience, not ours. There are many MTs who have worked in the middle of the night because no work was available during their shifts. Also, since they are greedy with PTO, many MTs have to work off-schedule hours so they can take a day off. As for doing our best (earlier message), as an MME, I would have to refute the ideology that if everyone will just do their best, it'll all work out. It won't, because a lot of MTs produce inferior quality work and they do not care. When they start sending it straight to the client, blanks and all, the clients will be angry. The sad ending to this story is that while we are all infighting, the patient will be paying.
Me too. I am full time regular employee but have been all - over the map for hours.
[ In Reply To ..]
I am always asked to move around. I have never worked "banker's hours" either.

I show up on time. I never call off. I don't know how much further I can bend backwards.

I wish I could work in the service area wherever it is, that the happy workers post about on her. No NJAs, never had to change their time, clear audio, articulate dictators. That must be a fantastic service area.

Wish I were there.
That is not what happens to me if there is NJA - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in CA. CA's labor laws favor the employer rather than the employee like in a lot of states. If I get NJA, I get paid my BENEFIT rate. I do not have to make up the time later nor do I have to take the time w/o pay or use PTO. There are limitations, 4 hours per day, but better than nothing. Sometimes, just because my CCM asks, if I have the time, I will make up the time just because my CCM has always been very understanding of any time I had to take off. But it's not required. I'm not boasting or bragging--I think ALL states should have this law.

I actually believe that this law is the reason why I don't get NJA very often. MQ certainly does not want to have to pay me my benefit rate for NJA. If all states had this law no one would be complaining of NJA and mostly likely no one would every see NJA. MQ would be forced to NOT OVERHIRE.

I honestly can say I would not even work for this company if I didn't live in CA and had to deal with NJA constantly. I'd have to be outta here.
I am not in your state. - My state does not have those laws.
[ In Reply To ..]
I am royally scruewed.

I am outta here. I gave my notice. New job starts in a bit.

Tired of being used by this company. Tired. Two decades and what do I have to show for it? It was great while it lasted and the work was still flowing, but now with no work and constantly being asked to change my regular hours, I have had enough, I am gone.
For a minute I thought I wrote this post. - Screaming headache.
[ In Reply To ..]
Me too. Outta here. Been here since 1998. Had enough.

MQ thought they would weed out the inexperienced MT's. Ha! Payback time. Instead they are losing the finest MTs. My husband wants us to all walk one day. He has had enough with this crap himself. He cannot stand it that I am treated like dirt over the years. He said these punks who are running this company are unprofessional and have so much pride and do not have to worry about their salary. They could never do our job for as long as we have.
I would love to have them sit down for one day and do this. - What is upsetting though ..
[ In Reply To ..]
It that the female half of that first email we got, from what I understand she did come from the ranks back in the day. I guess she has lost her memory.

Greed will do that to ya. I would love for her to sit down and face what we have to face on a daily basis.

But I still don't think it would make much of difference. She is drunk from the love of money, new mansions, and beautiful cars. They even wrote about her mansion in a news story on a developers web site. Found it on a fluke. Must be nice. I helped her get that mansion and so did you. I can barely afford to pay my rent let alone buy a glorius, built to order mansion.

She certainly does not remember where she came from. She makes me sick.
Me, too. - CA-MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I can't remember the last time I ran out of work. However, I can end up doing 12 or more different client profiles not in my regular list. I get them mostly on Sundays in SA3 for some reason, even though they send all us MTs URGENT EMERGENCY e-mails that they are backed up with work in my primaries. Go figure. Personally, I'm happy to get work instead of NJA.

Enough with the "suit" - comments

[ In Reply To ..]
The OP is right on the mark.

Do a search about NJA and lots of posts come up with folks complaining about NJA and others hopping onto other shifts and taking their work away from them. This will now stop that from happening and allow folks to use the shift swap board to make up needed hours without taking work from others.

Furthermore, do a search about QA/audits and you'll find lots of complaints about the crappy dictation and wasted time spent on them, only to have to send to QA and worry about going over submission rate. This too is no longer going to be a problem. We have the choice who to send the blanks to based on the reason for the blank. Unless you already have a high QA submission rate, there is no reason to worry about the new procedure.

You guys are unbelievable - RADMT

[ In Reply To ..]
14 years ago I left a hospital job to have the flexibility that was offered in this position, to work whenever I wanted and to make whatever I wanted as long as I met the minimum requirement..if the work was there we could do it..now that has been changing over time and only getting worse. I made $40,000/year in 3-4 hours a day..now I am working 5-6 hours a day 7 days a week and cannot make near that kind of money, reports are so much longer, not getting paid for multiple studies on one report not to mention being cut .20 per report for difficulty reports...things have definitely changed and I am just trying to hang in their hoping it gets better..but only gets worse...if I really wanted to clock in and out I would go back to the hospital...

I never understood why Radiology was paid per report and not line... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
For that matter, I also never understood why Radiology is separated from all other transcription. I realize it is different terminology, etc, but so is OPs versus ER reports for example....

I think, especially if the reports are getting longer and longer, Radiology MTs should be paid per line as well.

radiology paid per report - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
Traditionally radiology is paid per report because there are so many shorter reports and so much time is spent going into and exiting the report. Also, the reports are many many times fairly short, 3 to 4 lines, unless they are specials or if the patient is broken in a thousand little pieces and you have 20 bones to cover. A good line count is sometimes just too hard to mak. Used to be one and miss it!
Okay, I see. Thanks for your reply. :) ....n/m - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
x

kiki - RADMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes I agree, specials can take 45 minutes to type and get paid 1.21 for that report...

I bet you were not on production. - My PTO time has been cut.

[ In Reply To ..]
I too worked in a hospital just like you. AND GOT PAID HOURLY. I also worked on a typewriter. I also had to pick up tapes and return the tapes.

At least we were treated fairly and like humans.

All I can say is, if I get on MY SCHEDULED SHIFT and there are NO JOBS AVAILABLE. You gonna hear it!

My what pride you have.

Me too. We used to also have to put the reports in the charts - on the floors. I miss that job.

[ In Reply To ..]
No production pay. A decent hourly rate and great benefits. MQ took that job away from me.

I can't stand MQ. Nor the hoity-toity people who get on here putting us down because we are upset because it is next to impossible to make a decent buck anymore with MQ.

I have never missed a punch in or punched in late. I have never called off except for once for a death in the family. I work all holidays. I work crap shifts all over the clock because I am always getting the NJA screen. I don't know how much more accommodating I can be for MQ.

actually you dont need "leeway" in a hospital because... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
you can pick a dictation near the end of your shift, so that you will be able to finish on time, not 15 minutes late. At least that's the way it was at the hospital I used to work for. We don't have that kind of luxury at Q, nor do we have a system smart enough to do that. We can't control the length of the dictation of our next job at the end of our shift.

Did it ever occur to you? - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Did it ever occur to you guys that maybe it's India trying to get us to turn on the Q, so it frees up more work for them? I AM WORKING TO KEEP MY JOB IN THE GOOD OLE U.S. ... you should too!

I am working on schooling to get out (NM) - of this profession. So should you!

[ In Reply To ..]
x

What the heck? I was working for MQ years ago - IN THEIR OFFICE!

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ is the one who FORCED us go to work in our own homes. MQ is the one who got rid of the offices throughout the United States.

A bit contradicting with your post?

If you want me to work in the office again, give me my flight tickets for the month, a hotel room to sleep in and I will be in your New Jersey office typing away. I would go to an office near me, but hey, THERE IS NO OFFICE BECAUSE MEDQUIST GOT RID OF IT! Now you are saying we are spoiled? What planet did you fall off of?

WHAT THE HECK!?!?!

Similar Messages:

Unbelievable MDs
Feb 11, 2010

I was just told by a doc:  *...left nare.  That is N-A-R-E.  There is no such word as naris, please stop transcribing this.*  WHAT!!! I don't know about you all, but since being a transcriptionist, I have lost most respect for physicians.  If I ever need my appendix out, I would probably do it myself.  ...

OMG... UNBELIEVABLE
May 27, 2010

I was getting audited today, noticed earlier in the day.  They had my four jobs and I was maintaining a 96%.  The last job they audited came back with a 81%!   I looked at that job, saw 17 CORRECTIONS, 3 CRITICAL FB!  yet when I listened and re-listened and read and re-read, I don't understand!!! I called this "expert" up and asked what was up.  Apparently, AFTER the job was uploaded, the DOC DECIDED HER STANDARD INSERTED AND THE OLD REPORT DELETED!  So t ...

Unbelievable...pto=??
Feb 16, 2012

anyone out there remember my post the other day about wanting to take pto this Friday and ccm waiting till the last minute to approve.  Instead of the real approval in teamwork for pto yesterday I receive an email I failed the high and mighty 99% audit.  Funny, I had not been audited since last July believe or not and then I was "randomly" selected.  I guess they can't see anyone wanting to have a little happiness at any given anytime.  ...

Unbelievable!
Sep 26, 2012

I ended up today with a report of transcription today with 21 splits, different reports in it. The doctor just dictated 1 report after the other. In between each report I of course had to research and find the new ADT. It took me 3 hours to get through about 50 minutes of actual dictation. I don't know if he always dictates like this or not, I just know I had to work 2 hours past my shift to finish his mess knowing I'd lose it all if I didn't finish it. I sure will complain to my ...

Just Unbelievable
Feb 05, 2013

An account was temporarily added to our pool.  The ADT instructions run a full page.  All this is to be done without compensation of course.  Has anyone else read this?  It is in the West.  I think any MT getting this as a "helper" account should just help herself to the dictation and bypass all the ridiculous instructions.  They seem to think MM is a charity and we are their contributors. ...

Grammar: 6-months' Time Or 6- Months Time Or 6 Months' Time
May 25, 2011

I had found an answer somewhere about this problem, but naturally can't find it now: The patient will be followed in 6 months' time.   OR The patient will be followed in 6-months' time.  Thanks for the help. ...

IPMedica, NJ - Unbelievable!
Feb 13, 2011

http://www.ipmedica.com/faq.php Allendale, NJ From their website: WHY OUTSOURCE WORK? According to the American Association of Medical Transcriptionists, there is a shortage of qualified, trained Medical Transcriptionists in the US. We can help you avoid costly recruitment and training and reduce staffing shortages and turnover. By outsourcing your transcription, you can reduce a headache, take advantage of s ...

Unbelievable But True
Feb 02, 2015

So Mmodal decided to eliminate my position and I was without work for quite some time.  I took my 401K distribution to survive on.  Just figured out my taxes and low and behold I owe what my 401 K distribution was.  This country needs to get with it.  My family would not have survived without that 401K distribution to live on, yet the government feels that I am overpaid or something.  So sad.  I am so disgusted.  I put my heart in my job, lost it, and did what ...

Four Perfect 100% QC, Unbelievable...sm
Mar 06, 2015

Only work part-time, few days a week, so this week got four jobs audited at 100% each four days in a row, so they keep going until they can find an error and, of course, one small word was found incorrect!  I have never had 5 audits in one week.  How discouraging this is, very sad and pathetic.  ...

Unbelievable - Job Seeker's Board
Oct 09, 2010

Just checked out the job seeker's board and came across someone willing to work for 5 cents per 65-character line and 7 cents if the audio is poor quality.  I just cannot believe someone would ADVERTISE or SELL themselves to work for such a low rate of pay, which probably would not even equal  to minimum wage!!!!!!  If you want to get screwed do not advertise, just go to work for a few of the national MTSOs that do not have a good reputation on this board!!!!!& ...

Unbelievable-Landmark Hiring????????
Sep 16, 2011

I cannot believe my eyes that Landmark is hiring, especially on Ex-Text.  Those of us that work on that platform have been out of work all week (see below posts) and it looks like the owner is going on another hiring frenzy, which happens every few months.  Proceed with caution! ...

We Type Transcription Company Is Unbelievable
May 16, 2011

This company is unbelievable....sent resume to them to get a letter back from stating that I had to have a proof of passing a certified HIPAA course which ok I get that but then it goes on to state that they want proof of having $300,000 of general liability insurance and want $250 dollars from me as a deposit on their software. Here is the biggest kicker.....they pay 7 cents a line.  That is ridiculous. ...

The System Output Is Unbelievable Today.
Mar 22, 2015

I swear MM ASR is making up reports as it goes along. Very little is actually matching what the doctor says. Nothing but usual phrases in place of what is said. Although..... they did work on the system last night. ...

Just Want To Thank You Guys For Being Here
Apr 18, 2012

lets face it the situation rots,,,so we can make the best of a bad situation or curl up and die (cant afford the latter so)...But again thanks for the helpful hints and letting me vent now and again..Im in a better boat then most pulling a disability check from my former job...I just really wish I could do more for you all that depend on this money as your main form of income..There is no way I could do it....so any ideas you all want to try, count me in, if I get fired, I can survive, not very ...

I'm Sure You Guys Have
Mar 24, 2015

dated February 2015 http://crankalicious.hubpages.com/hub/The-Worst-Companies-to-Work-For-M-Modal some of it goes a bit far, in that we do get paid time off, but otherwise, its pretty spot on. i would so love to post this on MM's facebook page or on Twitter for their business partners to read, but i don't know how to do it anonymously.   ...

Oh God You Guys
May 18, 2015

I'm the one who posted below about the system not seeing all the work I typed today.  I uploaded a job just now and I caught it at the end saying returning job.  WHAT THE BEEP!! Has it returned all of the jobs I did today even though it says in editor I have done them?!!? I'm dying here.  I'm not pulling any more jobs now.  what is going on?!?!?  Check your lines in manager and see if it matches up with editor.  ...

Missed You Guys!!!
May 24, 2010

Been banned for a while.  We won't go into that. . . .  Glad to be back.  ...

How Often You Guys Have To Buy New Keyboard
Jun 10, 2011

I was just curious as to how often you guys have to buy new keyboards.  Seems like mine are biting the dust more often these days.  TIA.  ...

You Guys Have Inspired Me.
Mar 07, 2012

Well, it's time to go, guys. I'm saying goodbye. After 11 years in this field, I've enrolled in paralegal training. Like a lot of you, I figured transcription would get me through my working years with a home-based job and a decent wage that I could live on. Not so anymore. I still have a good job with a hospital, where my bosses claim outsourcing will never happen. Yeah, sure it won't. I went ahead and enrolled in school while I still have a decent income and the heart to le ...

You Guys Will Never Believe This ASR Mistake
Sep 13, 2012

This ASR mistake was so perfect that it is unbelievable.  It's so unbelievable that I would never have put it on here unless it was for real.  Dictated:  "M-H-C-L, all in caps" ASR:  MT agency hell hole  ...

What Do You Guys Do When A VR Report Is
Oct 02, 2013

I mean wrong as in, there will be a long run of sentences in which VR doesn't get a single word right.  I don't know WHY, because this speaker happens to speak very clearly at a decent speed and with no background noise.   Do you guys just delete everything and retype?  Do you ask your TL to be compensated as straight transcription when that happens?  Or do you make every single correction as you go along (which happens to take about 395 years to do). Also, I' ...

I've Noticed Some Of You Guys Saying That
Feb 04, 2015

backup account or an unfamiliar account when you run out of work on your primary.  Are we allowed to do this?  I would rather stick my primary and flex my time to a later time or even not at all if possible.  I don't want to risk getting below 99% (which I still sometimes do even on my familiar primary account, but I know it would happen on my backup account, which is unfamilar to me, rarely work in it).   But I thought if we ran out of work we had to immediate ...

18 Months' Ago
May 18, 2011

hey ladies, this may sound stupid just wanted to double check this. doc says "18 months ago." I'm pretty sure there is no apostrophe right? like its not possessive. TIA ...

Been Gone From MQ For A Few Months Now
Dec 17, 2011

I've been gone from MQ for about 5 months now, working at the front desk at a local group of docs office.  I learned how to schedule patients and meetings,  take payments, do the office bills, and file claims and bill insurance for patients and I've got to say, I never gave a thought to much of the person working the front desk.  I have been yelled at, threatened, given dirty looks and was once even told that I was an "old, ugly hag".  All this usually happens when ...

Been Gone From MM For 3 Months
Jul 25, 2014

The fact that the crappy work from overseas is no longer my problem. ...

Are You Guys In North Getting Work?
Feb 15, 2010

I haven't seen any NJA posts for ages.  I had no work Sunday night or tonight, and I have no-India accounts! ...

Did You Guys Know Dell, Inc Was Into Transcription
Jul 23, 2010

At first, I thought it was just a company named Dell, but then was redirected to the Dell website. ...

What Do You Guys Do With A Verbatim Acct When Doc
Feb 26, 2011

clearly dictates a sentence that makes absolutely no sense.  Just sort of an open-ended sentence, not even a fragment?  I'm trying so hard to keep the blanks down, which my % is really okay, but I'm finding more and more that these docs are just not making any sense and the mistakes are getting ridiculous!!!  Maybe they are texting when they are dictating........Anyhow, do you just type what they say and send it off or do you mark it for QA? ...

OK I Trust You Guys So Much, I Just Ordered
Mar 14, 2011

OK, What Do You Guys Do When You Consistently Run Out Of Work? Sm
Oct 26, 2011

This is getting crazy now.  I'm clocking in and out so many times in a day that I spend more time doing that than actually working.  I show up for my shift and am available to work my entire shift but with no work and no pay.  I've been trying UI in between running out of work but can't get through.  I need the money; please don't get wrong about that, BUT I also have other things going on and alot of it, and I don't have the time most days to make th ...