A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend versus TransTech - Part-Time

Posted: Jul 25, 2011

I'm looking for part-time work to fill in my IC job.  Was looking into Transcend or TransTech.  Any part-timers for these 2 companies want to share your experience?

Work flow runs extremely hot or extremely cold at TT - Might be ok just for supplement

[ In Reply To ..]
Just a little warning that work can run from one extreme to the other at TT and not just at the holidays. Other than that, great place IMHO. If you're only looking to supplement, it might be a good fit for you.

TT would be a great place to work part-time, which is what I do and I am happy - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Part-time Transcend - CardioMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Been there part-time for going on 4 years, have always had plenty of work and OT if you want many times. Worked in 2 regions and loved them both, great ROMS to work with and TLs too.. Give it a try part time... you will like it...

No matter what you do at transcend, make sure you get your marching orders in writing. - 2 CENTS

[ In Reply To ..]
The one thing that is consistent is that nothing is consistent. Turn-over in team leads (more like team destroyers) seems to be high and every time there is a change, there is a new set of rules to go by. So even if it is trivial and you trust your current supervisor, the next one will change and the first one will not back you.

Similar Messages:

Transcend Versus TransTech?
Sep 20, 2011

Considering both.  Anybody working at either now?  How are things?  Anybody worked at either in the past?  Why did you leave?  Thanks for any help. ...

Oracle Versus TransTech Please Help, Please
Oct 06, 2010

I'm sorry to bother everybody with ?s but -- I'm in a situation where I need to make a job decision today between 2 options and it is really difficult because it is hard to compare the variables when so much is unknown to me. Current situation -- I work PT employee - just got a pay cut and continually run out of work, some days getting merely 100 lines.  Pay decrease was from 9.5 to 8 with one week's warning.  I rarely bring home more than 300 a pay period.  Seriou ...

TransTech Typing Versus VR
Mar 18, 2014

I responded to a job opening posted here with Trans Tech.  Could anyone tell me about this company.  They invited me to take their test and if it is no better than where I work at now, I will keep on looking.  I am looking for typing versus VR also.  I didnt know whether this is the same company as TTS or if it is a different one.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanx in advance. ...

TransTech Versus Nuance?
Apr 01, 2014

Hello, fellow MTs!  I have been working for Nuance as an MT for 4 years, and becoming progressively dissatisfied with them.  I noticed that TransTech is hiring.  Can anyone tell me how they compare?  I already emailed their recruiting department, but would like to get some feedback here as well. Thanks!! Julie ...

Did Nuance Buy TransTech? Or Was That Transcend? Or Both? Nm
Nov 29, 2012

x ...

Lesser Of 3 Evils, Transtech, Transcend, Webmedx..sm
Dec 08, 2009

After 6 years, my company has eliminated all employee status personnel.  I am frantically searching for a new employer with benefits.  Given this choice, where would you go?  Other suggestions.  I have applied EVERYWHERE with various success..15 years acute care experience, good QA and production. ...

Nuance Versus Transcend?
Jun 23, 2011

Any thoughts on these 2 companies? Which one would you consider to be the lesser of 2 evils? TIA! ...

Transcend Versus Nuance
Dec 14, 2011

I am thinking about both Nuance and Transcend.  Does anyone like working for Nuance?  Does anyone have any advice?  Left MQ - looking for something better. ...

Help!!! Current Employer - No Work Versus Transcend Promising Work.
Mar 07, 2011

Okay, Transcenders/Ex-Transcenders.  I have not done VRE before - just straight transcription.  If it were down to not enough work to pay the bills and taking an offer from Transcend....you would or wouldn't and why???  Please???!!!!! ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

End Point Versus Endpoint And Hand Grip Versus Handgrip
Mar 13, 2012

Two words that come up often for questioning.  These are strictly used in an orthopedic setting.  Stedman's and Dorland's list end point and hand grip HOWEVER the office transcription manager,  girl is asking for me to correct this to endpoint and handgrip. She is only basing this on what an old medical transcription company she used to work for had her typing. I would rather base it on the  medical reference. The doctors are not even aware this has come up. She is ...

TRANSTECH PAY
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody know what the pay is for transtech, VR and standard?  I am looking at applying. TIA ...

Transtech Rad
Nov 17, 2009

Anyone working at Transtech care to share whether there radiology accounts pay better than there acute care?  I currently work for them on acute care.  Thanks! ...

TransTech'ers, Is It Getting Any Better
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

TransTech QA
Sep 04, 2010

Hi there fellow TT MTs:)  Do any of you ever have trouble with QA at TT.  Lately, I have been afraid to send anything in for correction, particularly 1 person, who dissects my reports down to crossing my Ts and dotting my Is.   I know she is probably just doing her job well, and I know being in QA is a hard job, but this is getting depressing. I am not a newbie by any means, and I know my job well.  Not criticizing here, just a little perplexed I guess.  Thanks everyone! ...

TransTech VR
Jun 22, 2011

Just wondering if you can do exclusively VR or exclusively traditional?  I thought it was mandatory that both be done, but I want to be sure. Do you like the ExText platform? ...

Does Anyone Know About TransTech?
Nov 06, 2010

Does anyone know about TransTech? ...

Has Anyone Gotten A TransTech W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

To MT Looking/TransTech
Mar 08, 2012

I started a new thread because I noticed your question about TransTech waaaay down at the bottom of the page and with no responses yet, so here goes... In my personal experience, nothing has changed from the older posts.  Even today, I have 4 accounts and I'm currently waiting for work to come into my queue.  If you can get in with TransTech as a favorite, you can make BIG money doing 98% OP notes (about 30,000 lines per pay period).  But, if you're just a regular, ...

Anything New At TransTech????
Jul 19, 2012

Usually there are lots of posts here about TT.  Just wondering what is going on now.  I was hired and supposed to start work there, but could not work with satellite.  For some reason, the EditScript would not come up.  So I got rid of satellite and had Verizon Wireless installed.  So far this is working pretty good.  Much better than satellite -- knock on wood.  Hopefully I can start working again.  ...

Last Day At TransTech
Jul 31, 2012

I've been with TT for about 6 years but was recently offered an in house job at 4x the pay and really great benefits. I have to say I really enjoyed working for TT other than the times of low volume and I would recommend them. Things have changed for me and I can't turn down this opportunity but I do wish them well. ...

Transtech ?
Oct 22, 2012

Does anyone know if they hire part time?  I know I have seen comments about them running out of work, but that seems to be a common thing among most of the companies anymore.  ...

Anyone Know Anything About TransTech?
Mar 18, 2013

I was recently hired by Transtech, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?  I was very excited to get a job offer, but was a little nervous when the recruiter started explaining what to do when work was slow or there was no work.  AT 4.5 cpl for VR, the last thing I need is long periods of no work.  Anyone with experience with them? ...

All Right How About TransTech
Jul 10, 2013

I have got to find something new and unfortunately have to go with a company who hires employees/has benefits. ...

TransTech Changes?
Sep 30, 2014

I am no longer working for TransTech but just wondering if there have been any changes since merger yet?  Any anticipated?   I maybe should not have quit so soon....any suggestions?  ...

Transtech
Oct 07, 2014

Wondering if anyone knows anything about or has worked for a company called Transtech? Thanks in advance! ...

TransTech, If You're Hiring
Oct 13, 2009

some part-timers anyway, why not offer weekends to part-timers and offer some Mon-Fri shifts for the experienced full-time MTs you're trying to get.....  That's about the only way you're going to get many experienced quality MTs.  And there are always plenty of MTs looking for part-time weekend work as a 2nd job.  ...

Info On TransTech Please?
Oct 14, 2009

Any information on this company would be greatly appreciated.  TIA! ...

Axolotl Or Transtech
Oct 31, 2009

Could somebody give me some info on these two companies, i.e., pay, benefits, work flow steadiness, management, etc.?  Thank's in advance! ...

Transtech - Any Bad Or Good?
Nov 19, 2009

what is transtech like? any bad or good? ...