A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance versus Transcend? - needachange

Posted: Jun 23, 2011

Any thoughts on these 2 companies? Which one would you consider to be the lesser of 2 evils?

TIA!

transcend - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have quite a few friends who have started within the last 2 to 3 months with Transcend, and all have had positive experiences. I have read a lot of negative on here as well, but they have all had positive experiences FWIW. I am in the process of going with a new company but haven't started there yet so can't say how it is!

Hired by Transcend - NeeCee

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired by Transcend in May, and so far it has been a good experience. I was worried about going to work for them because I read so many bad things about them in this forum, but I had to have a job, so I took the position. I suppose you are going to hear good and bad about any company anywhere in the world, and you just have to take a chance. I don't know about the other company so I can only give you one-sided information.

Similar Messages:

Transcend Versus Nuance
Dec 14, 2011

I am thinking about both Nuance and Transcend.  Does anyone like working for Nuance?  Does anyone have any advice?  Left MQ - looking for something better. ...

Transcend Versus TransTech
Jul 25, 2011

I'm looking for part-time work to fill in my IC job.  Was looking into Transcend or TransTech.  Any part-timers for these 2 companies want to share your experience? ...

Transcend Versus TransTech?
Sep 20, 2011

Considering both.  Anybody working at either now?  How are things?  Anybody worked at either in the past?  Why did you leave?  Thanks for any help. ...

Nuance QC Versus QA
Aug 13, 2012

By reading some of the posts on here, it looks like QC position is lower than QA position and even possibly lower than a Team Lead position.  Could someone clarify this? Also, does anyone know what hourly rate may be like for the QC position?  Thanks so much, Transcender being assimilated. ...

Allscripts Versus Nuance??
Oct 17, 2013

Who is Allscripts. Are they competitors with Nuance, are they part of Nuance? One of my accounts just got bought out earlier this month, now I just read the new owners have signed with Allscripts in an official press release.  Just wondering what this all means. Any ideas? ...

IMedX Versus Nuance
Feb 06, 2014

I have been offered a position with both companies and I have heard some really rough things about Nuance and was wondering if anyone had the choice between these two which one would you choose? ...

TransTech Versus Nuance?
Apr 01, 2014

Hello, fellow MTs!  I have been working for Nuance as an MT for 4 years, and becoming progressively dissatisfied with them.  I noticed that TransTech is hiring.  Can anyone tell me how they compare?  I already emailed their recruiting department, but would like to get some feedback here as well. Thanks!! Julie ...

Nuance Versus Keystrokes
Nov 03, 2014

Who has worked at both of these companies? Compare the two. There is so much negativity on this board, it almost makes every company sound bad except one. I would like just a factual comparison on the work, the pay, etc. :) ...

Opinions On M-Modal Versus Nuance.
Jul 09, 2012

Working right now for NTS (lots of dirt here), but would like some honest opinions on M-Modal.  They sent me an email wanting me to test (as i am sure they have many others), and today I got an automated phone call from them.  Anyone know if this would be an improvement?  Thanks! ...

Mmodal Versus Nuance...any Advice?
Oct 03, 2012

Nuance Health Ins Versus Obamacare
Feb 11, 2015

May be a silly question, but can't seem to get an answer. Can we cancel health benefits with Nuance at any time? Or is it only once a year? Can we drop it and get Obamacare instead? From what I have heard from friends, I would have much better coverage going with Obamacare instead of Nuance. ...

MT Pay Versus What Nuance Charges Per Line For Hospital Reports
Jun 07, 2014

Does anyone know or maybe even make an educated guess...how much a hospital might pay per line to have Nuance do their reports?  We are guessing somewhere .12 to .15 upwards to .20/line.   Of course they are claiming that this will save them all sorts of money and we'd like to know if they are really going to save as much as they think they are.  Oh...and did I mention that Nuance said they wouldn't be sending anything to anyone who didn't speak English ou ...

Nuance: Speech Recognition Versus Transcription Line Counts
May 13, 2012

As I was working today I thought about speech versus transcription, and it occurred to me that I was transcribing a good deal in each speech report I "edited." Why is transcription done for a full report paid any differently than transcription done in a speech report? In other words, why don't I get paid my transcription line count for the characters I am transcribing in a speech report, particularly since a great deal of these speech reports require almost re-transcribing completely due to ...

Help!!! Current Employer - No Work Versus Transcend Promising Work.
Mar 07, 2011

Okay, Transcenders/Ex-Transcenders.  I have not done VRE before - just straight transcription.  If it were down to not enough work to pay the bills and taking an offer from Transcend....you would or wouldn't and why???  Please???!!!!! ...

Transcend MQ Or Nuance
Jul 28, 2011

I'm trying to decide whether to apply at Transcend, Nuance or MQ. Any  inputs from those MTs that work at these 3 companies? I would greatly appreciate your assistance as all 3 companies have contacted me and I'm very leery of Nuance because of the offshore connection. Does Transcend or MQ send our work offshore or are owned by offshore companies?  Thanks for your honesty.   ...

Transcend Or Nuance?.............sm
Nov 27, 2011

Having phone interviews tomorrow.....any input from knowledgeable MTs? I have not been in the job search for years, feel like a duck out of water....thank you for any input! ...

Is There Anything Better About Nuance Than Transcend?
Mar 07, 2012

I have a lump in my throat today about the merger.  I am wondering if there is anything positive that can come out of this.  Do part time workers receive any benefits?  Are there any typing accounts at Nuance or is it all VR?  TIA ...

Is Transcend Now Nuance? Nm
Jun 02, 2012

nm ...

Transcend QA/Nuance
Jun 11, 2012

Well, well, well.  Looks like some of the Transcend QA hagathas must be QAing Nuance's work now because they are marking off for every little thing!  I get marked off because I forgot to add a dash.  THIS IS RIDICULOUS!  I was QC myself but went back to being an MT due to the low pay per hour, and I just noticed this.  They want to make sure no one will ever get that bonus it looks like! ...

Nuance To Acquire Transcend
Mar 07, 2012

nm ...

TRANSCEND BOUGHT OUT BY NUANCE
Mar 07, 2012

Transcend employees received notification this morning that Transcend is being bought out by Nuance. Transition expected to happen during the second half of Nuance's fiscal year 2012. Those of you with Nuance - is this a good thing? ...

Transcend/Nuance Web Sites Down?
May 21, 2012

Can't get into beyond text or the MLS site.  Any problems known? ...

64 Bit -- Compatible With Transcend/Nuance??
Oct 03, 2012

just got a new computer, and realized the box says 64 bit -- I think i remember being told that is not compatible with the job stuff.  Do you know????  what is that mean anyway, "bit"? ...

Did Nuance Buy TransTech? Or Was That Transcend? Or Both? Nm
Nov 29, 2012

x ...

Does Anybody With Nuance/Transcend Have Enough Work
Nov 29, 2012

to actually make a living.  Before Nuance bought Transcend I almost always had PLENTY of work.  For the last month or so, work has been very, very, very scarce on a once very busy account.  Had the offer to be transferred to a different region, but who knows how the work load would be in another region.  I have a sinking feeling all the regions are pretty much the same.  Besides, I really like my supervisor and pretty much like the accounts I'm on.  Just not en ...

Nuance/Transcend/Accentus
Dec 08, 2012

As a Transcender being taken over by Nuance, I am appalled that we have received no word about anything other than we will start with a time clock. No word about how we will be compensated, only "rumors" which I am sick of. Now I see Accentus is still hiring, advertising and advertising a "holiday bonus". Well, I want a holiday bonus. I am affraid they are not telling us "facts" just to keep everyone from quitting at on time. ...

Nuance/Transcend Services
Mar 12, 2013

Please excuse if this is a duplicate message. I would like to find out from the MTs out there what their thoughts, suggestions, etc., are about Nuane/Transcend Services. I have recently learned that the current hospital I am doing transcription for is going to be outsourcing to this company. I would appreciate thoughts, concerns...no venting please. ...

Is Anyone From Transcend Thinking Of Applying At Nuance?
Mar 16, 2012

Just to go ahead and make the change and hopefully avoid some of the stress with the transition? I see that Nuance has ads up for MTs.  I'm also concerned about whether or not they will hire all MTs from Transcend during the buyout.   ...

Nuance/transcend Merger Info
Apr 17, 2012

News found on Google:  Nuance "extends" offer to Transcend, evidently it is not yet a done deal, here is a link:     http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fshar.es%2FrwD0G&h=pAQGzG3pfAQEOTCQ9kz0JWPU06iLpbFD9CLxvXyjRfb--cw ...

Nuance/Transcend Merger Back On
Apr 24, 2012

News is that Nuance waived their requirements so the merger is back on. Sorry to those from Transcend :(( ...