A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend and games - Seriously?

Posted: May 20, 2010

I am tired of Transcend sending out ridiculous puzzle games.  Do you want us to work or spent 30-40 minutes solving puzzles for a bone? 

The lastest one is match up these facts with your Team Lead.  They posted interesting (well not very) facts about themselves like, "I like to sing"  "I have a cat" blah blah and we have to guess who it is. 

How about this. 

1.  I hate my job.

2.  I don't care about my Team Lead's life all that much.

3.  I LOVE money.

4.  I used to make more money than I do now.

5.  I think puzzle games are for kids.

6.  I now work 12 hours a day instead of 8.

7.  I am not even sure who MY Team Lead is.

8.  I have 10 coffee cups on my desk.

9.  I got sent a star roach clip this week because I am appreciated.

WHO AM I? 

I totally agree - socmom

[ In Reply To ..]
1. I now cannot get enough work to maintain full time status.
2. You get a Starbuck's card and I do NOT drink coffee products.
3. You want me to work 7 days a week and not get paid to sit here when there is no work.
4. You tell me things and never follow through.
5. You want me to work extra days just to get some work in and miss my family life.
6. I now also hate my job.

Don't work for Transcend, but - you are killing me.....

[ In Reply To ..]
lmbo!

LOL, that is PRICELESS!!! - Too bad you cant do it, lol!

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not a Transcender, so I have to ask if the puzzles/quizzes are really stuff like that, how well you know the team leads, etc.?

Beyond lame but I love YOUR take on it, lol!

Love it!!! Too bad they don't expend some of that wasted energy by keeping us informed - transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
about changes on accounts, having a team meeting (what is that, think it has been at least 2 years since I heard of one for my account), or updating the AI sheets, etc. But I get one of those idiotic notes daily telling me about weather, oil spills, cats, dogs, kids, grandkids or whatever trivial even is taking place.

My team lead has never taken the time to call me, only communication is by e-mail when I do something wrong but nowhere can I find where to do it right.

That is FUNNY! sm - Scooby Doobie

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey - I'll take that star clip if you really want to get rid of it - I'll put it to good use! ;)

Couldn't agree with you more... - FedUpTranscender

[ In Reply To ..]
So glad I am not the only disgusted by these ridiculous games. We sit here most of the day in a complete famine of work, 12 to 14-hour days, still can't make our lines for the day even with multiple accounts, can't pay our bills, and it's amazing how they have the nerve or find the time to participate in such frivolity. Oh wait, I guess they put can all that time creating games under the category of "administrative duties." Screw the 10-cent gifts and the games...I simply want to be able to comfortably pay my bills, feed my family, keep a roof over my head and actually have a life again. Why aren't they spending time figuring out how to make that happen??? Can't wait to be free of this garbage.

HILARIOUS! And OH so true!! I needed that! nm - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Oh boy, I am so sorry for you, but sm - Former

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks for the chuckle. Where do they get the idea that those antics are fun for or motivate anybody? I hope you find something better soon.

Ohhhh, I know, I know - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
You are a tired (and irritated) MT, like me!!

This just in.... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Tomorrow we get to play Mad Libs!!! Oh boy!!! Why not just play pin the tail on your Team Leaders butt or bobbing for pennies or musical chairs where we have to pick an account when the music stops playing and if you didn't get one, oh well! OR a potato sack race with our headsets on and a foot pedal wrapped around our necks?

Foot pedals wrapped around our necks...hahahahahahaha - and headsets on!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
You have NO clue how hard I'm laughing reading that.

THAT was epic...Thank you!!!

The visual is hilarious! - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

LMAO - so funny - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
They must do these quizzes every year - they did last year as well. They must KNOW people are sitting around waiting for a job to trickle into their pooling and want them to do something besides post on MTSars - LOL

Took you THAT long to complete the games? - Took me less than 5 minutes apiece

[ In Reply To ..]
and 5 minutes of my time is worth the chance at a $25 gift card any day of the week.

So some people actually do these? - Wow!

[ In Reply To ..]
So you do care about interesting facts regarding Team Leads and their pets? Were you the one who guessed which one had a turtle? rolling eyes....

yeahright - It is only a $5 gift card.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

$25 gift cards - on my team

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
R U sure. We were told they were $5 giftcards. - me
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
hey, I'd be thrilled with that! we get a stupid mousepad... - which hasnt even got here yet...
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't even use mousepads, so it's worthless to me...

no-one is forcing you to play, so just ignore it.nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Transcend and Games - Seriously? - Hawkeye

[ In Reply To ..]
In answer your your little quiz, you are obviously someone who is unable to produce many lines in your allotted shift, yet you have plenty of time to run to the "chat" board and complain about your company and their practices. You don't appreciate the extra time the Team Leads are spending coming up with activities to celebrate MLS week. And that's okay. Not everyone likes puzzles and games and such. Some people like to lighten their day a tad and take a chance to win a prize. Some people like being part of something bigger than themselves. Some people participate and make work more fun, not whine and complain and make things up like the Team Leads are getting paid to do quizzes and such. They don't get paid for coming up with activities to keep the MLS entertained and motivate others to enjoy their job. They are doing it on their own time because unlike you, they give a crap about their fellow employees, their company and their job. Perhaps if you put more of your energy into working and less of it into whining, you could make a decent living at medical transcription.

If you made more money elsewhere, stop your whining and go back to where you came. Transcend is a GREAT company made up of great people. Obviously, you are just not a good fit for this company.

And, for further reference, next time you have a gripe, quit hiding behind your made up name. Stand up and tell the managers who you are and why you are complaining. I would imagine most of the blame would fall upon your shoulders, not Transcend's!!!!!!!!!!

Well said! - sick of whining

[ In Reply To ..]
At least I am not the only one who is getting fed up with all the whining. I am glad you laid it out for the OP. If you hate your job so much, QUIT!!!

WHY DOES EVERYONE ON THIS DANG BOARD COMPLAIN SO FREAKING MUCH???

I used to work for Transcend and the TLs were very nice and professional.

Sick of Whining - Hawkeye

[ In Reply To ..]
Most people at Transcend are professional and do their best to help their fellow employees. Some people just want everything handed to them. Some people don't realize what the word "work" entails. It requires actual work. And there is plenty of it. Not sure what account they are dreaming of where there is no work or not enough of it. There will always be whiners in every company, but I just wanted to set the record straight.
WORK... - Sassy Pants
[ In Reply To ..]
is GREAT when U GET IT!! I agree with the complainers, if we don't get work, we don't have lines, and we don't get paid! PERIOD. However, I do also agree with you about quit whining and go elsewhere to work....IF ONLY THERE WERE OTHER JOBS OUT THERE! I know I have applied to numerous jobs since starting VR in March and have yet to get (another) one. You name the job title, I have applied for it. Online, blind ads, newpapers, job match sites, and even temp/job services. So, yeah, I do complain about my work b/c I HAVE NONE! And that is not my fault, especially after being proactive and asking for more work, another account, another team, different shifts, which I will be working 6 days out of 7 and have to meet minimum line requirements so even if I get work it may not be enough. I need to work b/c I DO WANT TO WORK, and I NEED money to pay my bills! And my bills don't wait...anyone else's??
Good grief - no record to set straight. - We are fed up.
[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone across the board gets paid less now. Everyone works more hours than they used to. What are you going on about? Do you think we all work 2 hours a day? Real work? How is 12-14 hours a day (including weekends) not real work? Who do you think you are?
There"s a big difference between who she THINKS she is, - and WHAT she most likely is.
[ In Reply To ..]
Starts with an "S".

cannot just quit - socmom

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not one of the big gripers and like I just said I tried to be positive but now it is hard. I for one cannot just quit. I am a single mom. I have been trying to find something else but it is not always easy especially with some specialty area. I wish I could just quit. I complain on here because my family and friends do not understand this business but my peers in this business do. It makes me feel a bit better sometimes to vent. That is why this board is here not for judgement of others. I understand you had a good experience and I tried to make mine one but broken promises and other issues make that hard.
socmom - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The first response to every gripe is "well quit." The second thing that happens is someone comes on telling us how NICE the TLs and supervisors are. Nice? What does nice have to do with anything? There are a lot of nice people in the world. Nice doesn't pay the bills and a $25 or $5 gift card doesn't either. I don't want a Subway or Starbucks. I want RealBucks!

I agree with you. Venting helps and don't feel bad for doing that.

Obviously I ticked off one of the Team Leads - Seriously?

[ In Reply To ..]
YOU SAID - "Some people like being part of something bigger than themselves?"

That is so lame, I don't even know how to respond.

I produce just fine. In fact, I do twice as many lines as I used to and get paid half. I was being sarcastic, not angry. You sound very angry.

Some people like puzzles to lighten up their day and some people like sarcastic humor. You have to admit that "getting to know your Team Leads" is kinda lame and getting sent a roach clip is funny. Sometimes you just have to laugh. Calm down!

Her words sound like "corporate speak" to me. - Deathstar - n/msg

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

A couple of things - Just wondering.... - Seriously?

[ In Reply To ..]
When did I say Leads get paid to do quizzes?

What blame would fall on my shoulders exactly? Do you mean it is my fault for getting paid less than I did 10 years ago or that I don't like doing puzzles? Which one is my fault? The 10 coffee cups on my desk is my fault, did you mean that?

Am I not a good fit for the company because I don't like puzzles or that it takes me 30 minutes to do them instead of 5? Or is it because I don't know which Lead likes to sing?

Is Hawkeye their code for letting you know they are keeping an eye on you now? - Interesting choice of words

[ In Reply To ..]
That sure reads like a management post to me but I don't work at Transcend so I admittedly don't know how they operate (except for the horror stories I've read here).

FWIW, I really enjoyed your post. Sarcasm, IMO, is a gift and you displayed yours quite well. If they can't take a joke, well...you know what they can do :-)
I thought the same thing about Hawkeye...LOL - Seriously?
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure the TLs are nice people, but sometimes you just gotta laugh :)

Hawkeye - ROFL.
Maybe you should be Hot Lips - Since they have such a good sense of humor
[ In Reply To ..]
LOL...someone took your good-humored post a bit too seriously. Maybe they just skipped their Metamucil.
Hawkeye is acting more like Frank Burns smooch smooch - bah ha
[ In Reply To ..]
ttt

mmeeep. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

woaaaa - socmom

[ In Reply To ..]
I can only speak for myself in saying I was one of the ones giving them the benefit of the doubt when they took over MDI. I am continously told lies that never happen and now I have no work most of the time so that is why I personally come to the boards because I am sitting and babysitting my account so I can grab a job or two. I am sure there are great people but I have not experienced a lot of that lately. Broken promises and lack of work that will put my son and I in the poor house soon. I for one have spoken up to my higher ups and the liason and I am still having problems. We do not say our real names because that is our choice. How rude! Some experience good and some bad and those of us with bad have a right to vent a bit. I am a single mom who has went above and beyond for this company and tried to communicate with everyone above me with only promises made and not followed through with so before you judge think about that.

Hmmm - definitely a rebuttal from management!! - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Just saying - you must be on one of the upper rungs of the ladder or maybe one of the captians of their ship, which should be called the "Deadliest Catch." You do not sound like one of the deckhands trying to make a living for sure. Most people on this board do hide behind a made up name - is Hawkeye your REAL name??? Obviously the hawk's eye is paying attention to the posts on this board. A hawk is a "predator" bird if I am not mistaken. Seagull would probably fit as well seeing as though you are probably one of the captains - LOL.

Seriously? - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
WOW, I cannot believe that Transcend is stooping to this kindergarten level. It just goes to show you that whoever is making up this drivel for questions is not an MT. Why don't THEY grow up and show a little professionalism? The question game is disheartening and disgusting.

I've been watching your posts, Nick... - I like your style

[ In Reply To ..]
You call it like you see it. I like that. I always make it a point to read your posts.

That's all...

You like my style - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you. I am just disgusted with the way MTs are treated. Why not tell it like it is?

P.S. Martial arts are my hobby; too bad I can't go one on one with some MTSO. :0-

Here are my game clues: - Ribbit

[ In Reply To ..]
1. I actually do have a cat.

2. The cat eats better than I do.

3. I have coffee cups on my desk, but I can't find them because my desk is too messy.

4. I've been doing MT for SO long, that I even remember the olden days, when we were actually paid for transcription.

5. I work for a huge MT company that aspires to be just like MQ. So far they are succeeding.

6. I hate our anal QA department.

7. I am usually depressed.

8. I work 60-hour weeks, but only get paid for 40 of them.

9. I don't remember the last time I deposited money in my savings account. Or if I even have a savings account. I don't know, because I haven't been there to deposit money in years.

10. I have a starfish.

LMAO...Awesome! - No message

[ In Reply To ..]
x

This was great, thanks for the laugh! nm - websta

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Similar Messages:

Transcend Games
Sep 22, 2010

I used to really take pride in my job and enjoy it.  Not so anymore.   I am just counting the days until I can get out of this sinking profession.  So Transcend, I don't want to play your games.  I don't care about the "football challenge."  I don't care about the biggest producer contest.  I don't care about your SOS calls.  I don't care about your hot spots.   I don't care about TAT.  I used to care, but ...

Omg These Stupid Games Really?
May 18, 2015

don't you torture us enough on a daily basis now we have to jump through hoops to TRY to win a gift card??? seriously??? ...

Feels A Little Like The Hunger Games
Mar 11, 2014

Good luck everyone! ...

Is Anyone Participating In Nuance MT Games?
May 19, 2014

Supposed to be emailed daily at 11 but I did not get it yet.  Could Nuance not be accurate when they make the smallest promises?         ...

FIESA Games Used To Downsize
Jun 26, 2014

So, I'm not really asking for a show of hands here, but have you been "moved" in the last 2, 3 weeks or so to a hospital account in the upper northwest part of the country that is rather a booger-bear to learn? It is INTENTIONAL, you will be FIESA'd to death if you are not already. (You were likely told that they need you there because it is a difficult account to keep staffed, at least that is what they told the last person). Just warning you. Be on the lookout for that one plan ...

Wow Hoo ASR Can Transcribe Baseball Games
May 22, 2015

and this was just in the background. Maybe the newspaper should use it also... ...

Fill In The Gaps Games
Jun 12, 2015

Well here we go again, fill in the gaps games in our POD.  Nope, no way, and if they change my schedule one more time to any later in the day, I'm gone.  Done playing their games.  Hire more people, stop demanding mandatory OT, and give actual bonuses and this would not be a problem.  P.S. Don't expect me to cover other "groupings" gaps.  I already work the weekend and late Friday night (still working), only have 1 full day off a week.  No threats to "chan ...

I Love It When We Play Word Games, Like The Hello
Dec 02, 2011

:-) -:---< ...

Contests...I Don't Play Their Games. Come Monday,
Jul 11, 2014

I'm working exactly as I have been.  As we all should. ...

Games Services Play Because They Can. High Line Counts So No Benefits.
Dec 11, 2010

Who invesitgates their turnover? ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...

Want To See What Our Value Is To Transcend?
May 19, 2010

Google Star Clip Itz Note Holder w/ Metal Rod & Alligator Clip to see exactly how much it cost Transcend per MT for this gift that bears so much thought and appreciation.  Do they really not realize how it affects their corporate image when their priority is placed on spending $600,000+ on a failed business venture versus the amount spent to "appreciate" the motor that makes their business run?  That's like spending more than a half million dollars to buy a garage to hous ...

Transcend....yet Again
Jun 05, 2010

I was with the company for over five years, not once failing to meet the requirements of me yet I was told my position would have to change to 2nd or 3rd shift if I wanted to keep my job as there were no positions available for 1st shift.  Two days after resigning I see they are hiring for 1st shift positions on a typing only platform which is what I wanted. I just don't get it. ...

Transcend Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

Our company was bought by Transcend and will start working for them in August.  Can anyone tell me what their starting line rate is or their average cpl. ...

Transcend Pay
Jun 25, 2011

Could someone please tell me what it is possible to be earning in say 3 months at Transcend? VR and straight typing? I am trying to make an important decision, and you never know the true pay, what to expect in advance, how long to get highly productive, etc. Thanks in advance. ...

Transcend/DTS
Jun 25, 2011

Did anyone else get the memo from Transcend (soon to take over from DTS) about the line rate change for the transitioning employees from DTS?  It was elegantly written, but basically it said that when the accounts are switched over the VR that the line rates will decrease but productivity will increase and no cut in pay is expected.  It is happening exactly how the posters on this board that have been through takeovers by Transcend said - decreased pay. I gave my notice already BT ...

OSI And Transcend
Aug 17, 2010

Hi everyone, I am new to this board and I have a question, does anyone know anything about Transcend or OSI, how about AllType??  Thank you  ...

Wmx - Transcend
Sep 02, 2010

It has been mentioned that Wmx has lost 2 large accounts that is the reason for people being let go.  Transcend has mentioned in the last few months about acquiring a new large account in September.  Was at least one of these 2 large accounts, if not both, acquired by Transcend??? ...

Transcend And TTS
Sep 17, 2010

I have a phone interview with Transcend out of Atlanta and TTS out of New Hampshire today and next week. I've been working for the same MT company for over 8 years, but they're losing accounts and cutting our pay so I'm looking to possibly change jobs. Has anyone worked for Transcend or TTS? I'm scared to death to change jobs at this point. I know the problems and shortcomings of my current company. I switched jobs once before for a few months and found that all the promises ...

Thank You Transcend!!!
Dec 20, 2010

Thank you Transcend for the gift card! ...

MDI/Transcend W2's
Jan 29, 2011

Received Transcend's, but not MDIs.  Didnt we work for MDI until February so we should get a W2 from MDI as well...correct?  TIA ...

Transcend W-2
Jan 31, 2011

Has anyone received their W-2 from Transcend? ...

What Is Going On With DTS/Transcend?
Apr 06, 2011

Transcend was supposed to take over on 04/01/2011, but I have heard nothing from anyone - no emails, nothing.  I am still getting work though.  Any news? ...