A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fill in the gaps games - sm

Posted: Jun 12, 2015

Well here we go again, fill in the gaps games in our POD.  Nope, no way, and if they change my schedule one more time to any later in the day, I'm gone.  Done playing their games.  Hire more people, stop demanding mandatory OT, and give actual bonuses and this would not be a problem.  P.S. Don't expect me to cover other "groupings" gaps.  I already work the weekend and late Friday night (still working), only have 1 full day off a week.  No threats to "change it for us" yet, but waiting for it. 

If they paid a normal weekend and evening differential - like they should

[ In Reply To ..]
This wouldn't be such an issue. I started doing MT in the mid-1980s and there was never an issue with coverage because there were always people willing to trade the inconvenience for a little extra. Places like MM are the ones who changed the industry. Who wants to work 11 am to 7 am and never see their family BUT paid the SAME as someone who works 9-5? No thanks.

Agreed 100% - I used to work till 10 every night

[ In Reply To ..]
because starting at 8 pm they paid a shift differential. When they changed it to 10 pm I changed my shift to get off @ 8 every night. No way i'm working later than that if i'm not getting paid more.

Similar Messages:

Online Training BIG Gaps...
Feb 01, 2010

O.K. I'm a "senior" woman...(been 29 for years till my daughter became 30...brat) retraining in MT/Coding/Billing after lay-offs in IT. I'm finding significant gaps in my online training and I'm getting worried because I see all the job postings "must have 3 years, 2+ etc. experience" and wonder if: a) I'll be able to get a job b) have the requisite training due to gaps in coverage at my online school. I've got a million questions. I did great in terminology (98% avg) an ...

Transcend And Games
May 20, 2010

I am tired of Transcend sending out ridiculous puzzle games.  Do you want us to work or spent 30-40 minutes solving puzzles for a bone?  The lastest one is match up these facts with your Team Lead.  They posted interesting (well not very) facts about themselves like, "I like to sing"  "I have a cat" blah blah and we have to guess who it is.  How about this.  1.  I hate my job. 2.  I don't care about my Team Lead's life all that much. 3. ...

Transcend Games
Sep 22, 2010

I used to really take pride in my job and enjoy it.  Not so anymore.   I am just counting the days until I can get out of this sinking profession.  So Transcend, I don't want to play your games.  I don't care about the "football challenge."  I don't care about the biggest producer contest.  I don't care about your SOS calls.  I don't care about your hot spots.   I don't care about TAT.  I used to care, but ...

Omg These Stupid Games Really?
May 18, 2015

don't you torture us enough on a daily basis now we have to jump through hoops to TRY to win a gift card??? seriously??? ...

Feels A Little Like The Hunger Games
Mar 11, 2014

Good luck everyone! ...

Is Anyone Participating In Nuance MT Games?
May 19, 2014

Supposed to be emailed daily at 11 but I did not get it yet.  Could Nuance not be accurate when they make the smallest promises?         ...

FIESA Games Used To Downsize
Jun 26, 2014

So, I'm not really asking for a show of hands here, but have you been "moved" in the last 2, 3 weeks or so to a hospital account in the upper northwest part of the country that is rather a booger-bear to learn? It is INTENTIONAL, you will be FIESA'd to death if you are not already. (You were likely told that they need you there because it is a difficult account to keep staffed, at least that is what they told the last person). Just warning you. Be on the lookout for that one plan ...

Wow Hoo ASR Can Transcribe Baseball Games
May 22, 2015

and this was just in the background. Maybe the newspaper should use it also... ...

I Love It When We Play Word Games, Like The Hello
Dec 02, 2011

:-) -:---< ...

Contests...I Don't Play Their Games. Come Monday,
Jul 11, 2014

I'm working exactly as I have been.  As we all should. ...

Be Sure To Fill Out
Sep 22, 2011

They made a point of saying they can't pay us for doing it.  Golly, we couldn't expect them to do that! They need every penny to gobble up more companies and for suit bonuses! ...

Have Any Of You Had To Fill Out An I-9
Oct 30, 2014

in order to be hired.  I tried to do this, taking it to a notary, who refused to sign it, saying they "don't do that."  So now I may not be able to get the job because the company requires this.  What have any of you done?  I went to a notary at AAA...maybe I should try a different one?  Ugh..... ...

DON'T FILL IT IN!
Apr 10, 2015

Okay, dictator is terrible.  Had to send to QC.  Please tell me how QC can fill in the blanks.  NO WAY.  I have been doing transcription for a long time.  Why can they guess at what is said and we can't.  If it isn't 100% clear, it should be left blank.  QC shouldn't be able to fill in what the doctor "usually" says.  If you can't hear it, DON'T FILL IT IN.  Maybe if they got all of their reports back they would try to do a be ...

Fill Out S/l Vanderbelt?
Aug 31, 2010

The parents also wanted to discuss his hyperactivity. I told them to fill out a s/l (vanderbelt) and I would re-evaluate  ...

So, How Do You Fill Out Timesheet When ....
Dec 24, 2014

I am taking PTO for Christmas and the day after.  I have worked Mon and Tues of this week with no real problem and have gotten in my hours.  Of course, because I have a cheesecake and other things to make later today, I get on this morning and there is NO work at all.  I wil try to get in my 8 hours for today, but what if it just isn't there?  I have no PTO time to use for today and I am NOT working tomorrow or Friday!!  So, my week will be 8 hours short o ...

Another Confusing Fill-in By MME..........hematocrit Of 340???
Oct 21, 2009

Someone please set me straight if I'm wrong, but it is even possible for a child (or anyone) in any case to have a hematocrit of 340?  A dictator said:  "hemoglobin 15, hematocrit 340"  It really sounded like he said 340 but that didn't sound right to me, so I left a marker.  But it was filled in with 340.  I could have done THAT.   I guess I could be wrong--but in my 10 years as an MT the hematocrit is always just about 3 times the hemoglobin (which ...

Google Auto-fill
Jun 03, 2010

My Google auto-fill has suddenly stopped working.  It's making me nuts.  Anyone know how to fix it? ...

Why Should We Fill Out No Work Tickets Now?
Aug 15, 2013

Perusing the latest TSM diatribe too many work tickets means we need to change our schedule to one more fitting the needs of the accounts. Also if we fill out a work ticket we are not allowed to finish our current shift, we are done for the day. If we choose to make up those hours it has to be from a list of available shifts. So for the 50 cents or so I would get from filling out a work ticket why would I purposefully put a target on my back regarding schedule changes, end my shift prematurely ...

I'm Starting To Fill Out Job Applications
Nov 02, 2014

Good-by Nuance within the month.  Not even sure I want to hang around for the "exciting" changes.  ...

Games Services Play Because They Can. High Line Counts So No Benefits.
Dec 11, 2010

Who invesitgates their turnover? ...

How Do You Fill Out An Application For DTS (digital Transcription Services)
Jun 14, 2011

How do you fill out an application for Digital Transcription Services? I've been over their website and only found career opportunities but nothing about the application. ...

YOU Went To Medical School, I Didnt Fill In My Blanks I Leave
Mar 11, 2012

Cant believe the crap they are dictating today..Must be the solar flare.  they make up drug names that could be one of maybe 3 possibilities..Im pretty sure I know which they need but Im not the DOCTOR,,I just play one on the computer..Im leaving the blanks let them figure it out..Do your jobs correctly for a change..Kind of makes you scared to ever have to go to a hospital for anything. ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

"please Remember To Fill In The Date Of Service"
Apr 29, 2010

well, the cp says to leave blank if not dictated, so put that in your pipe and smoke it...I know, it's the little things that make me crazy.  ...

Foot Orthosis S/L "Pe-Fill Poron"--SM
Jan 24, 2011

but can't be sure.  Entire sentence is:   I have fitted multidenisty FOs, (S/L "Pe-Fill Poron"), Pe Lite and Nickelplast base and trimmmed to fit existing New Balance walking shoes with additional relief to the second metatarsal head" Any ideas? ...