A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TransTech - like to hear more about this company... - Pam

Posted: Sep 25, 2013

Hi there.  I've seen a few posts from people who have worked for TransTech.  I would like to hear more about this company... including compensation range. Do you provide your own computer, or does the company provide a workstation? How do you like the transcription platform.   I have over 20 years of eperience in the MT field. Have worked directly for hospitals and for MTSOs.  May be considering changing jobs in the near future.  AM currently located in Kingman, Arizona.  Might be amenable to taking a job in other parts of Arizona if it were feasible to move to, say, Tucson (have seen listings on MTDaily.com of MTSO companies located in Arizona). Regarding pay, do you get paid by direct deposit? Aome years back,  of MTDaily had recommended that I apply to MDI-MD.  She praised that company to the skies.  However, at that time I ended up sticking with the place for which I've been working for over 16 years.  Shortly thereafter, I heard that MDI-MD was sold to another company.   At any rate, I value any inormation you can provide me.  Thanks in advance.   Pam 

TransTech - girlkitty

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for TransTech for about 6 months now and I love it. I worked for MModal for about 4 months, which was the worst experience of my transcription life, so it could be just that it is 10 steps above MModal, but I don't think so. I have pretty steady work with a backup account for the few times when work is slow. My supervisor is great. I get my paycheck direct deposited every two weeks. You have the choice of using your own computer or theirs for a small monthly fee. They have several platforms depending on which account you are on, but the one I am on is incredibly easy. The pay rate depends on your account, but it is a competitive rate (not like the old days, but better than most).

Hope this helps.

TransTech - Pam

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a computer I could use for work, but were I to work for them I might go for theprovied worksation.

I have actually bought 2 computers now from my current company, plus 1 for my significant other. Due to circumstances, though, it might be time to look for greener pastures.

I liked it there but... - working for free

[ In Reply To ..]
if you worked day shift you run out of work and have to "flex" at night when all the work comes in, but because it all comes in bushels after 4 p.m., the night shift can't handle it all. To compensate for the high volume, TT offers bonuses to all that work beyond their regularly scheduled shifts to make up the TAT. So that means the night shift scheduled employees are actually penalized for working their scheduled shift while day shift can flex and make up their lines plus bonus, which I think totally sucks.

Also, be expected to document only keyboard time on your time card. If your hands weren't moving to type or edit a report, then you must have not been working, so you need to reflect that on your time card (no paid breaks even 10- and 15-minute ones). You are required to be there for your shift, but if no jobs come in, then you are required to check back every 30 minutes for the duration of your shift and don't try to document that on your time card because your hands didn't edit or type a report. Therefore, you are not paid for that time but you are given the ability to "flex" and make it up when jobs comes in. Therefore, an 8-hour shift turns into 12 and 14 hours of actual time commitment to TT.

I believe this is true of most employee-status production-based transcription/editing anymore. I will never go back to an MTSO as an employee again. If I'm expected to be available for 8 hours, with or without jobs, I expect to be compensated.

I agree with your entire post - Ex-TT (NM)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

ex-TT - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with above posters. They ask you to cover and then if no work no pay. And if a weekend MT NEVER any work. Don't believe it if they tell you.

Similar Messages:

MedServ? Anyone Hear Of This Company?
Oct 27, 2010

Just got an email from them and like to see if anyone knows the company before I possibly waste my time and apply. ...

Anyone Hear About Merger With Another Company? This Gets Better By
Jul 11, 2011

nm ...

So I Hear MM Is Just About The Only Company That Provides All Equipment....
Aug 08, 2014

needed, the computer, software, foot pedal, and monitor.  While it definitely is NOT good enough reason to work for this company I wonder why they haven't started making their employees provide their own equipment like all the other companies.....doesn't make sense.  ...

Viva Transcription- Anyone Ever Hear Or Work For This Company? Nm Tia
Jan 04, 2010

nm ...

Opti-Script - How Long It Takes To Hear From This Company?
Jan 06, 2014

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to hear from this company?  I took the test, now waiting. I know they said they do background check but was not sure if they did this before they hired or after. Had communication prior to the test almost immediately with recruiter, then after being sent the test link have heard nothing.  Any information would be appreciated. ...

TransTech Is A Great Company!!
Sep 23, 2010

I have noticed that a lot of people are looking for a good company to work for, and I want to recommend TransTech.  They have wonderful people working there, who treat you with respect,  and always want to do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable.  I was hired less than 3 months ago, and from the beginning they have been wonderful to me.  Even though I am 64 years old, they did not make me feel like  I could not do the job because of  my age.  I don� ...

TransTech- Good Company
Nov 19, 2013

I've been with TransTech for about 2 years, but I'm going to back to working with people now that I'm not having to deal with military moves anymore. I thought I'd pass along to the job hunters that TransTech is a good place- they pay on time, have a good work load consistently, and not too much ESL. It's not for you if you don't want to commit to 40 hours or work a few holidays, but it's an honest gig that you can make a living with. ...

TransTech - Current Info For This Company?
Apr 02, 2012

I looked but do not really find much current info for this company.  They "seem" pretty liget with basic line requirements, decent pay for VR, good benefits, ect.  Has anyone worked there and been disatisfied?  Are there no work issues that mess with maintaining benefits? Just tapping on the walls before rebuilding. Thank you. ...

Transtech - Out Of Texas Is A Good Company To Work For?
Dec 21, 2010

Can someone tell me if Transtech out of Texas is a good company to work for?  Is work plentiful?  The VR pay seems on the low side.  Does anyone earn a decent living with this company?  TIA. ...

TransTech Medical Solutions - Is It A Good Company To Work For?
Dec 13, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on TransTech Medical Solutions?  Is it a good company to work for?  Decent pay and management?  Good amount of work?  Decent dictators?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks. ...

Christmas Carol For MT's - :Do You Hear What I Hear?" Nm
Nov 29, 2009

nm ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

Anybody Hear From Their New RTL?
Jan 12, 2010

Haven't heard a word about this since they were asking people to apply in Dec. Supposedly 12 were hired for nights and weekend shifts. Wonder if they found 12 willing to chance another new created MQ position. ...

Would Like To Hear From TLs Or QA
Feb 16, 2010

I would like to know what you see as the pros and cons of your job, esp if you work for one of the larger nationals and, if possible, maybe some idea of what pay range in addition to being an MT one might expect to be offered (or fair), ie, x-amount more per line or hour... thank you v. much for any input. ...

Anybody Ever Hear Of This ...
Mar 16, 2010

I'm doing a cardiology report and the doctor is referring to what sounds like a "2 10 pen cath."  Any idea what he's trying to say.  ...

Anyone Ever Hear Of This?
Apr 27, 2010

Company wants me to sign HIPAA Business Associate Agreement and send to them along with my resume prior to testing.  Has anyone else had to do this? ...

Seriously, Does Anybody NOT Hear
Sep 07, 2011

Ours barely, barely, barely ever sends out an e-mail anymore and our QC only sends out about 1 e-mail a week.  Answer phone calls? Forget about it.  Just wondered if this is SOP. ...

I Cannot Hear With All These
Sep 28, 2011

SHRILL, GIGGLING, LOUD NURSES AND/OR SUPPORT STAFF in the background.  I'd like to reach thru the phone and b/slap all of them!!!!! I don't see how patients ever get any rest/recuperation!!! ...

Fed Up And No Win....I Hear Ya.
May 29, 2012

I know where you are coming from.  I posted on here a couple of weeks ago that my husband passed away and I did not even get a "kiss my foot" from this company.  No card, no email...no anything AND my post was jerked off here in a heartbeat.  My CCM knew about it and another friend that works there as well.  I am so disappointed in this company... ...

What I Hear...
Feb 24, 2014

What I hear is, Nuance is hiring a lot of newbies... great! give them a chance BUT... are they being paid the same as the veterans?  Anybody know? ...

ICs Want To Hear From You
May 30, 2014

I recently took a job as an IC, thinking it would be great to make my own schedule. HOWEVER, I have to work when the work is there. There is no making my own schedule. The work flow dictates when I work. There is no work on Monday or Tuesday. Maybe a few reports trickle in late Tues, but then more work comes late Wednesday afternoon, then work Thurs, Fri, Sat, and by Sunday no work again. Account is for clinic docs, no acute care. Is this the same experience you other ICs are having. I&# ...

Anyone Ever Hear Of?
Aug 20, 2014

Transcribe Team?  They are offering 0.40 to 0.65 per audio minute.  Strange? ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

I Would Like To Hear From All Independents Who Get The Following:
Nov 01, 2009

I am an IC. I have read a website that says we as independents get the following. I would love to hear from each one who is in this category and tell me if you as an independent are getting the following: The site says many companies that hire ICs give full benefits including sick leave, health insurance, sign on bonuses, paid vacations, retirement plans. Next this site says 6 hours a day is considered a full day for most MTs and lastly it says that we, if compentent enough ...

Anyone Hear Of Von Bonsdorff?
Nov 03, 2009

von Bonsdorff  hyperventilation maneuver ...

Anyone Hear Of Zylomed?
Nov 10, 2009

NM ...

ARGH! I Can't Hear!
Dec 15, 2009

So I'm still learning the in's and out's of transcribing, hoping that once I finish this course and get my certification and start working it will get easier.  Do the doctors ever get the mush out of their mouth????  Anyways, one of my assignments i swear he is saying " Patient was status post for kebel basal strokal which has left him with gate unsteadiness." the part in the bold/underlined part.  I thought I was doing so good, I have reread this report about 5 ...