A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So I hear MM is just about the only company that provides all equipment.... - Kiki

Posted: Aug 08, 2014

needed, the computer, software, foot pedal, and monitor.  While it definitely is NOT good enough reason to work for this company I wonder why they haven't started making their employees provide their own equipment like all the other companies.....doesn't make sense. 

They didn't provide me ANYTHING. I was told they didn't do that anymore. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

They sent me the whole PC set up a few months ago. Who told - you they dont do that? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
s

All they gave me was - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
a set of ears and foot pedal..
They are willy-nilly about - providing equipment
[ In Reply To ..]
just like everything else in this mismanaged hellhole
I got everything too, foot pedal & headsets included. - I remember calling for replacement-SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Foot pedal at one point & it was sent Fed-Ex. I don't work for them anymore tho.

MTs and Coders are provided computers if needed - x

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Company Equipment
Apr 29, 2010

Do you know of any companies who provide the equipment for MTs who work at home, such as the foot pedal and the headsets? ...

Company Provides Equipment..
May 24, 2013

I was just wondering how it works if the company provides you with all the equipment? (except for the monitor).  Does this cause any problems for you?  I've always used my own equipment ... TY for any feedback. ...

Large Company Sending Your Equipment Next Day
Nov 23, 2010

Does anyone know of a legal recourse for work injuries caused by company equipment?  A market leader, at-the-time generous transcription company sent me an old fashioned monitor, which after years of looking at it caused ocular saccades (lateral jitter of eyes).  Also, they downgraded to cheap earphones with a solenoid in them that thumped, decreasing hearing permanently, evidently, in the solenoid fitted side of the headset. I think the saccades are diminished to absent now ...

If A Company Has Provided You With Equipment, When You Quit, Sm
Oct 27, 2014

do they hold your final check until they receive the equipment? My payday is supposed to be Friday and they were supposed to send me the tags to send back the equipment, but I have not received them yet, and I am thinking I will maybe not be paid on Friday if they have not received the equipment. TIA ...

Someone Explain To Me How I Am Supposed To Return My Equipment To A Company
Oct 30, 2011

that immediately locked me out of company email and no one is answering the phone at corporate headquarters? I resigned a week a couple of weeks ago.  It was all very cordial and professional.  I sent an email outlining my reasons for leaving, thanking them for the opportunity to work of the company, and closed with please let me know how and to where you would like me to ship your equipment.  I get an email basically accepting my resignation and informing that someone from the ...

MedServ? Anyone Hear Of This Company?
Oct 27, 2010

Just got an email from them and like to see if anyone knows the company before I possibly waste my time and apply. ...

Anyone Hear About Merger With Another Company? This Gets Better By
Jul 11, 2011

nm ...

TransTech - Like To Hear More About This Company...
Sep 25, 2013

Hi there.  I've seen a few posts from people who have worked for TransTech.  I would like to hear more about this company... including compensation range. Do you provide your own computer, or does the company provide a workstation? How do you like the transcription platform.   I have over 20 years of eperience in the MT field. Have worked directly for hospitals and for MTSOs.  May be considering changing jobs in the near future.  AM currently located in Kingman, Arizona. ...

Viva Transcription- Anyone Ever Hear Or Work For This Company? Nm Tia
Jan 04, 2010

nm ...

Opti-Script - How Long It Takes To Hear From This Company?
Jan 06, 2014

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to hear from this company?  I took the test, now waiting. I know they said they do background check but was not sure if they did this before they hired or after. Had communication prior to the test almost immediately with recruiter, then after being sent the test link have heard nothing.  Any information would be appreciated. ...

Christmas Carol For MT's - :Do You Hear What I Hear?" Nm
Nov 29, 2009

nm ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Do You Have To Use MQ's Equipment Or Will They Let You Use Your Own.
Nov 16, 2009

nm ...

Mt Equipment
Apr 13, 2011

I have been doing outpatient surgery reports for a small hospital for four years.  They are outsourcing with a company that does voice recognition.  The ophthalmologist has talked to the OR manager and wants to use me for some other transcription (the hospital pays for what he does there).  I need to know the cheapest and best route to go since I only have computers, printers, and an Infinity foot pedal, as well as two transcribers that use microcassette tapes.  In order to p ...

All This Equipment We Have To Buy
Feb 16, 2014

why do they keep gouging us for this crap even though it should be painfully obvious to anyone with half a brain that your average MT has hardly any money for it? Amphion had told me that my workstation was not up to snuff, and after they specified what I needed, they told me *where to buy it*. I ended up sinking almost 300 bucks into it. Then, after working there for a couple weeks, they micromanaged me intensely, and after a performance review where I missed the mark by probably about a fra ...

Trouble With MQ Regarding Equipment
Oct 12, 2009

Hi everyone. I am having trouble with MQ regarding equipment and I'm hoping someone could maybe help me out here. I used to work for MQ and had returned my equipment after leaving. I was re-hired a few months later, but used my own equipment, therefore, never took anything back or received anything from them again. The returned equipment was returned over a year ago and I no longer have the receipt from UPS, as I never heard anything and had no reason to think there was a problem. Any ...

Retuning Equipment
Nov 16, 2009

How soon after terminating from the Q, do they send you the necessary labels to return computer and monitor?   Thank you. ...

Medical Equipment
Nov 16, 2009

The patient should be on a s/l wearing program for his brace and s/l prayfolus.  Patient with flexion at the hips and knees and possible contractures. ...

Transcription Equipment
Nov 20, 2009

Hello.  I am looking for advice on equipment.  I need, well, almost everything,  I need a playback program, I don't like express scribe.  I am willing to spend money, I don't have a lot, but I want something good.  It doesn't have to be the best, but user friendly would be nice.  I also need a footpedal.  I have heard they are all the same, but I would like further input to the statement.  And, I must have a good pair of head phones.  ...

Returning Equipment To MQ
Apr 29, 2010

Recently resigned from MQ and received the mailing labels to ship back their computer and monitor.  However, per the letter, they don't require that you return the mouse, keyboard, and any other peripherals.  It doesn't say you will be charged for them -- it just says they want the computer and monitor. Has anyone left MQ and kept the keyboard and mouse?     ...

Equipment Meltdown - Help!
Aug 13, 2010

My headphones died on me right in the middle of a report - (ESL, lousy sound quality - great timing).  Suddenly I was hearing out of my right ear only.  In desperation I plugged in my iPod earbuds.  I need new headphones ASAP.  Any suggestions as to where I can find a decent pair, not too expensive?  I had been using the headset that I received when I took my Career Step course a couple of years ago.  Thanks! ...

ADVISE ON EQUIPMENT
Sep 17, 2010

Hello, Can someone please tell me the best digital transcription machine to buy. I really do not know anything about digital transcribers. I am used to the cassette transcriber. Also, I heard there was a way to have a 1-800 number and the doctor can call that number and do the dictation over voicemail. Does that require any other software or equipment. I am not familiar with any of this. I guess I just really need to know the different ways I can do transcription. Thanks ...

Post-op Equipment
Oct 16, 2010

after Roux-En-Y surg, pt put on s/l "Inspire-X"  Heard of it?  THANKS ...

Question About Equipment
Feb 14, 2011

equipment was delivered today.  It's all unboxed and hooked up.  there were no instructions about the CD that came with it or whether it was okay to turn it on and make sure it would boot up before training day.  Is it okay to do this, or do I need to wait until Monday's training? ...

MQ Equipment Versus My Own
Mar 01, 2011

I will be starting MQ soon too, and I was asked by MQ if I wanted to use my own equipment or theirs.  At the time, I told them theirs, but on thinking about it, I don't know how to connect a router and KVM box, if that's what's required.  Should I just use my own computer?  Any suggestions? ...

Stenoscriptionist--same As MT With Different Equipment?
May 28, 2011

Hey there all! Some community colleges offers a certificate program for Medical Stenoscriptionists, "Preparing medical records and reports using a stenograph machine" per 1 class catalog. Not finding a lot of info on it, just schools that office courses/certificates. Apparently the production of reports is similar to court reporting. Could this be the future for EHR, or is it the same as MT'g? Any opinions welcome. ...

Equipment Failure
Aug 20, 2011

Does the Q reimburse for equipment failure downtime or will I have to request PTO time for reimbursement?  Thanks... ...

When Do I Get Reimbursed For Equipment?
Dec 30, 2011

I forget - is it 2 years or 3?  If it's 2 I'm going to wait till I get it and start looking around.  I don't like working on six or seven accounts.  Really. ...

Mmodal Equipment
Mar 19, 2012

Does anyone know if Mmodal provides computer equipment to their MTs?  I've got a very, very slow computer and I'm kinda scared to apply for some the jobs advertised because of this. ...

I Wonder If They Want Their Equipment Back
Jul 02, 2012

I left a few months ago and was never contacted about returning their equipment. Maybe they don't want it back if they aren't supplying equipment for employees anymore. Has anyone left recently and been sent the packaging to return their PC? I sure don't want to have to pay taxes at the end of the year on this "income." ...