A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Terra Nova - anything about the above company? - Inquiring minds

Posted: Dec 17, 2014

Does anyone know anything about the above company? I can't seem to find any info. They want to see my resume. I was about to send it and my gut feeling told me to back off.

Terra Nova - Inquiring minds

[ In Reply To ..]
Hmm, my posting code started off with "fku." Maybe I should take that as a sign!

I worked for them for a short time. They are - extremely nice and easy

[ In Reply To ..]
to get along with. Pay is not great. Account I was on was okay, nothing great. I'm an IC and found a better contract with another company so had to quit. But they were better than most.

Working for Terra Nova - Inquiring Minds

[ In Reply To ..]
I see you were an IC there. Is that all they hire?

Never worked for them, but just went to their website and - looks like they hire employee status. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I just googled them and clicked on their careers tab. They have Canadian and US accounts and a variety of platforms.

I worked for them and would not wish them on my - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
worst enemy!! Well, okay, maybe I would :)

Care to elaborate? - Thanks. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Something unacceptable to one MT may be acceptable to another. Thanks for any insight.

Terra Nova - been there, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They will waste a month of your life trying to get themselves together enough to try to hire you, lose files, ask for things to be resubmitted over and over. A month I can never get back and might have found a good job.

Similar Messages:

Terra Nova Transcription Is The Only Company
Aug 23, 2010

... I have ever worked for where TOP MANAGEMENT will get on and type.  They don't take work away from the MTs but they put their money where their mouth is instead of whining, begging and threatening people to work while they file their nails.  ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Terra Nova Company?
Oct 02, 2014

Got an email from them after posting my resume.... I have never heard of this company (I did Google, it seems to be a legit company). Can anyone tell me anything about this company before I respond? I am looking for PT employee status--have a feeling they want IC...not sure though. Thanks in Advance for any advice !! ...

Terra Nova Transcription
Aug 22, 2012

Hi everyone:)  Over 500 people have looked at my message about Terra Nova, but no one has come forward to tell me anything about the company.  There has to be someone who has heard about it.  Thanks! ...

Does Terra Nova Use Dictaphone?
Oct 08, 2014

Xx ...

Info On Terra Nova Transcription From Anyone? 
Jan 18, 2010

Any info on Terra Nova Transcription from anyone?  I have went to their site, but there really isn't that much information as far as benefits et cetera go.  If there is anyone out there who has anything to say about this company, I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you! ...

Anyone Have Info On Terra Nova Transcription?
Aug 19, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has recent info on Terra Nova Transcription.  Really appreciate any info.  TIA ...

Line Rate For Terra Nova
Sep 15, 2010

Anyone know the line rate for Terra Nova and how it is working for them?  I hear they use Extext, and i'm already very familiar with that platform.  Any info is great! thanks in advance ...

Terra Nova Transcription Of Canada
Aug 17, 2012

Has anyone worked for, or heard of, Terra Nova Transcription in Canada and if so, can you tell me something about them.  Thank you. ...

Terra Nova, No Jobs Available On My Account Tonight
Nov 26, 2012

Hi:  I am hoping that a Terra Nova MT sees this note and can help me out.  I am on a very busy account, but tonight I have only gotten 1 job, and I hope someone answers this so I am not so upset.  This account has never, ever run out of work, and it makes me concerned.  Maybe it is just the season? Thanks:) ...

Anyone Employed By Terra Nova Transcription Out Of Canada?
Mar 07, 2013

Is anybody else on MT Stars employed by Terra Nova transcription out of Canada?  I have worked for  them for a little over a year and am wondering what others are thinking about the drastic changes taking place.  Maybe it is just my account, I don;t know, but am interested in what others may be seeing and thinking.  It just comes out of the blue with no discussion or information at all. ...

Current Information On Terra Nova Out Of Canada
Jun 26, 2015

Wondering if anyone has more current information on Terra Nova out of Canada. I have been approached and asked to test. Looking to make a new but trying to be careful not to jump from the frying pan into the fire.  Details are appreciated. TIA!! ...

Terre Nova
Oct 20, 2009

I am sure that is has been asked many times before, but I can't find the archives so, does anyone have any comments on this company?  I appreciate your input.  Thanks, Cathy ...

S/l Terra Fossa
Feb 09, 2013

Help... in a report.. dont want to get slammed by QA.. s/l terra fossa and the MD is talking about the cranial sinus areas ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

Looking For A VR Company
Nov 02, 2009

I have never done straight typing, my first MT job was with VR (even though I didn't even know they had stuff like that, LOL) now I love it and I am looking for some VR companies that are good to work for. If anyone could point me in the direction of some companies.  Thanks so much ahead of time ...

Looking For A Company With No ASR And All USA
Nov 18, 2009

I have over 30 years in this field and it seems that a lot of companies are either cutting the MT's pay to edit on ASR and/or are offshoring work out to India, Pakistan, Philippines, etc.  I don't believe in sending our jobs overseas, and I've also given ASR at whirl (a long whirl lol) and I still couldn't increase my lines per hour to compensate for the cut in pay that I had to take by doing ASR.  So what I'm looking for is a company that does not do ASR, do ...

MT #1 Company
Feb 04, 2010

Im wondering, MQ is supposed to be the #1 MT company, biggest, Spheris is supposed to be #2, the other company I also work for is #4...what company is the #3?  Does anyone know? ...

MD-IT - Anything About This Company?
Mar 16, 2010

Has anyone ever heard anything about this company?  I have tried a search, but have come up with nothing.  I have job posting automatically sent to my email for at home transcriptionists and they always seem to be hiring.  Anything all will be helpful. ...

Any Company Use IME
Apr 09, 2010

Does anyone know of any companies hiring that use IME's?  ...

What Do You Look For In A Company?
May 14, 2010

I will begin my job search in a few short months after graduating from M-Tec. Reading the company board has been an experience with all the negativity, but everyone has different experiences with a company and entitled to their opinion. My question is what do people look for in a company in the current market? How do you know if a company is a good fit for you? What would you consider a "red-flag" that would make you turn away from a company? No this isn't a school assignment or anything ...

Can The Company Do This?
Oct 19, 2010

The company I work for hired me as full time 1000 lines with benefits.  3 months later they changed their policies to 1200 lines anything under no benefits.  Also we can not work over 40 hours.  How can they pay me by line but then tell me how many hours I can work?  I don't work hourly.  I love transcription but I've been with 2 companies in the last year and can't meet all their requirements to get benefits.  Is this normal?  I used to work fo ...

How Does Your Company ...
Oct 28, 2010

Wondering how most companies assess for employees' quality on an ongoing basis.  ? ...