A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone heard of Terra Nova company? - Kiki

Posted: Oct 02, 2014

Got an email from them after posting my resume.... I have never heard of this company (I did Google, it seems to be a legit company). Can anyone tell me anything about this company before I respond? I am looking for PT employee status--have a feeling they want IC...not sure though. Thanks in Advance for any advice !!

If I'm not mistaken, I think it's an MTSO in - Nova Scotia. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]

I interviewed with them last week - AnotherAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
They have employee status if you are not in California, Texas and a couple of other states. They prefer IC. No health benefits from what I remember. I'm in CA. so at least for me there were none.

If I didn't need bennies I would have gave them a shot. Very nice interview. Sounds like they have great accounts and I think I would have been happy there.

I'm in CA too..... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't need benefits but I still am not interested in IC, mainly bc I've never worked that way before....not too keen on figuring out my own taxes, lol
I wonder why they don't offer CA and Texas employee status? Could it be that these states have fair rules for employees and don't allow companies to screw them over?

I never have understood why so many people do not want to - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
even try IC status due to taxes. Take them to a professional. It is not that hard to figure out.
But you also lose having 1/2 your SS paid and get to sm - SMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Pay the whole self employment tax yourself, essentially making it a cut in pay, plus having to provide your own benefits. I see people talk about all of these great write offs, but it never benefited me much. That is the ONLY reason I stay at Synernet and put up with all of their BS.
That may be true.....but - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
But that isn't the only reason I don't like IC....one is that you don't have certain protections such as unemployment insurance. For example, I got laid off my last job and I depended on the (small) amount of unemployment I received.

Similar Messages:

Terra Nova - Anything About The Above Company?
Dec 17, 2014

Does anyone know anything about the above company? I can't seem to find any info. They want to see my resume. I was about to send it and my gut feeling told me to back off. ...

Terra Nova Transcription Is The Only Company
Aug 23, 2010

... I have ever worked for where TOP MANAGEMENT will get on and type.  They don't take work away from the MTs but they put their money where their mouth is instead of whining, begging and threatening people to work while they file their nails.  ...

Terra Nova Transcription
Aug 22, 2012

Hi everyone:)  Over 500 people have looked at my message about Terra Nova, but no one has come forward to tell me anything about the company.  There has to be someone who has heard about it.  Thanks! ...

Does Terra Nova Use Dictaphone?
Oct 08, 2014

Xx ...

Info On Terra Nova Transcription From Anyone? 
Jan 18, 2010

Any info on Terra Nova Transcription from anyone?  I have went to their site, but there really isn't that much information as far as benefits et cetera go.  If there is anyone out there who has anything to say about this company, I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you! ...

Anyone Have Info On Terra Nova Transcription?
Aug 19, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has recent info on Terra Nova Transcription.  Really appreciate any info.  TIA ...

Line Rate For Terra Nova
Sep 15, 2010

Anyone know the line rate for Terra Nova and how it is working for them?  I hear they use Extext, and i'm already very familiar with that platform.  Any info is great! thanks in advance ...

Terra Nova Transcription Of Canada
Aug 17, 2012

Has anyone worked for, or heard of, Terra Nova Transcription in Canada and if so, can you tell me something about them.  Thank you. ...

Terra Nova, No Jobs Available On My Account Tonight
Nov 26, 2012

Hi:  I am hoping that a Terra Nova MT sees this note and can help me out.  I am on a very busy account, but tonight I have only gotten 1 job, and I hope someone answers this so I am not so upset.  This account has never, ever run out of work, and it makes me concerned.  Maybe it is just the season? Thanks:) ...

Anyone Employed By Terra Nova Transcription Out Of Canada?
Mar 07, 2013

Is anybody else on MT Stars employed by Terra Nova transcription out of Canada?  I have worked for  them for a little over a year and am wondering what others are thinking about the drastic changes taking place.  Maybe it is just my account, I don;t know, but am interested in what others may be seeing and thinking.  It just comes out of the blue with no discussion or information at all. ...

Current Information On Terra Nova Out Of Canada
Jun 26, 2015

Wondering if anyone has more current information on Terra Nova out of Canada. I have been approached and asked to test. Looking to make a new but trying to be careful not to jump from the frying pan into the fire.  Details are appreciated. TIA!! ...

MedServe - Anyone Heard Of This Company?
Jan 16, 2010

Anyone heard of this company?  Any experience with them?  Pay seems low, but I can't find any info. in the archives on them, nor on google.  The job post doesn't even say what state the company is in.  Seems like all the freakoids have been posting lately (DIT, MNDscribe, etc), so I'm really curious and wonder if this is another one.  Thanks for any info, and if I hear anything I'll post it back here. ...

Inscribe - Has Anyone Heard Of This Company?
Jul 15, 2010

Has anyone heard of this company? ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called DTS?
Jan 21, 2011

They recently took over Wahltek.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Heard Of This Company? Mtrecruiters.com
Sep 17, 2013

I saw some listings from them on Monster job yesterday and now they're gone.  I'm a bit skeptical about this company. I didn't know something like this even existed.  ...

Anyone Heard Of SOAP Company.
May 20, 2014

Is this a scam or a legit company? ...

Athreon - Anyone Heard Of This Company
Dec 04, 2014

anyone heard of this company, out of chicago.  they are posting for positions but almost sounds "too good to be true."   any leads for work would be so appreciated    have numereous years experience in multiple fields.  company i work with is fading fast   thank you ...

Cobb Transcription - Anyone Has Heard Of This Company?
Apr 28, 2010

Wondering if anyone has heard of this company? Either good or bad is appreciated. Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Heard Of This Company MRT Babble Type
May 11, 2011

Has anyone ever did work for this company? MRT Babbly Type previously MRT Service I did some work, they were offering $1 per audio minute (I was skeptical) and they continue to email about working on projects (but I didn't) the minute I asked about payment for the work I did I never heard from them again. I'm just curious to know has anyone else did work for this company and got/or didn't get paid. ...

Anyone Heard/work For This Company? AHDPP?
May 31, 2012

Their name is American Healthcare Documentation Professionals Group. They have an ad on the job seekers board, but when I try to search for some information on them, all I can find are threads related to their coding program. Does anyone do transcription for them or know anything about them? I am considering taking their test and applying, but absolutely nothing in the archives is very odd to me. Thank you in advance!! ...

Cypress Medical - Anyone Heard Of This Company?
Jul 12, 2012

Has anyone heard of this company?  They are hiriing "summarizers".  Would like to know if anyone has taken the test and/or been hired by this company and what you think.  Thanks ...

Anybody Heard Of A Company Called Proscript?
Feb 26, 2014

Has anybody heard of a company called Proscript?  One site only says to submit resume and another site says they have no openings. ...

Have You Ever Heard Of A Company Called Silent Type
Jun 17, 2010

Hi Everyone,  Have you every heard of a company called Silent Type. Are they good or bad to work for, steady workflow, compensation rate. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Anyone Heard Of North American Transcription Company?
Aug 31, 2010

Anyone heard of this company.  They charge 6.5 cents per line and say that their work stays in the United States.  How is that possible? ...

I Cannot Believe Noone Has Heard Of North American Transcription Company!
Sep 02, 2010

I have posted 2 times aout this company with no replies.  Doesn't anyone know who this company is? ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called Probity Medical Transcription?
Oct 15, 2009

If so, how are they to work for?  Is the pay competitive?  Do they pay for spaces?  Any info is greatly appreciated. ...

BOS VA (Bureau Of Office Services); Has Anyone Heard From This Company, Or Can Current
Oct 08, 2010

n/m ...

Ever Heard Of Synovial Shore Company Where Aspirates Are Sent To Check From Knee
Sep 13, 2014

Googled it but can't find company with this name.  Sounds 100% like it though.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Terre Nova
Oct 20, 2009

I am sure that is has been asked many times before, but I can't find the archives so, does anyone have any comments on this company?  I appreciate your input.  Thanks, Cathy ...

S/l Terra Fossa
Feb 09, 2013

Help... in a report.. dont want to get slammed by QA.. s/l terra fossa and the MD is talking about the cranial sinus areas ...