A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TT post and 1000 sign-on bonus for 3rd shift when right now NO work? - anon

Posted: Oct 14, 2011

?  I don't get it.  Guess I am not supposed to.  Wish the work was kept inhouse then they'd at least lie to your face, but we'd have way better benefits.

Very recently left after trading shifts, etc., still no work - Guess theyll never have to pay out that $1000 sign

[ In Reply To ..]
Tried various shifts, had multiple backup accounts, all to no avail. Loved it so much I bent over backwards, forward and sideways to try to make it work, if for no other reason the overpriced benefits which I needed.

Tried night shift; ran out of work consistently 2-3 nights a week. Switched to day shift; no work literally for the first 1-1/2 to 2 hours of the shift.

I'm pretty sure the account(s) they're recruiting for are the accounts I was on and, nope, no work on the night shift OR the day shift.

Even putting in 60 hours a week (20 hours of which obviously uncompensated in any form), I was doing good to make the minimum line count every pay period, which might be THEIR minimum but is TOO minimal to pay my bills.

Sorry, TT, loved you as a company but IN MY EXPERIENCE/IN MY OPINION, there's just not enough work there to survive.

Same here - AnonTTer

[ In Reply To ..]
I had the same thoughts seeing that ad. I'm debating leaving TT for Transcend, but really hoping for something outside of MT all together!

TT ad. Foreign doctors and VR and 1500 lines does not equal LUCRATIVE!!?? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Lucrative? Someone does not know the meaning. Doesn't that mean wealthy??? Since when is 4 cents equal wealth? Or even lucrative bonus? What is a bonus 6 cents? Does that equal lucrative? OMG. The $1,000 bait also. Does that mean you can still get it when you don't get 1500 lines a day and on VR, and have no mistakes on ALL different accounts that want caps, no caps, capitals, no capitals, commas, no commas, vertabim, proper English, the patient, the patient's name, oh, and knowing that Dr. Joe is really Dr. Harry, etc, etc, etc. Wall Street comes to mind with a lucrative job.

Yep, just do the math (sm) - ExTTer

[ In Reply To ..]
1500 lines per day (their minimum) at 4.5 cpl equals less than $70 a day. And due to the lack of work and continually flexing in an attempt to even get those 1500 lines, that's about 12 hours per day. Puts an MT at making WELL under minimum wage.

Sap that I am, it breaks my black little heart to even type that, because I really did love the people and never had a personnel issue whatsoever. There's just no work there and, no matter how much I liked my account managers, etc., their kindness did not pay my bills. I would NEVER trash this company but feel obligated to let other MTs know of my own personal experience so they can make their own INFORMED decision about whether to pursue an opening there.

As always, because although I loved the company, they are quite litigious, so this is all MY OPINION/MY EXPERIENCE ONLY.

(Gawd, I hate having to put this disclaimer on every post about this company...it just seems like an oxymoron to talk about how great they are in one sentence, then having to make sure they don't drag me into court like they did another MT who spoke against them...how disheartening).

TT LIES. Like a work at home scam. You will NEVER get that $1000. - Speaketh the truth

[ In Reply To ..]
Will TransTech never stop the lies and scams??? Apparently not. Believe me, they dangle this $1000 before hungry MTs but u will NEVER meet their requirements. This combined with their expecting u to be on 24/7 in case work comes thru I suspect is ILLEGAL and TT's day of reckoning is coming. Unless they manage to unload the company first before the lawsuits start! JMHO, of course!

No work at TransTech -- ongoing issue - TTMTer

[ In Reply To ..]
Mgmt keeps telling me there is work on 2nd shift, but there is zero most of the nights. With the minimum line count and minimum hours they require, we are continuously pushed toward all hours of day and night and WEEKENDS to meet those requirements -- even though only 2 weekends per month are required!

I could be wrong, but I think Nuance who owns the software that TT uses on most of their accounts -- doles out the work to their various "clints" using their software. So even though TT has an owner, Nuance controls most of the revenue made there, IMHO, as they own the software and MANY MTSOs use their software. Nuance would be stupid to give all the work to TT -- would lose other clients using their software.

These "job" has really become a "catch- 22" predicament for the MT's who keep these MTSOs in business. Such a lack of respect for us piecemeal workers.

I'm going to unemployment office today and check out how much I can receive due to the no work situation at TT. My paychecks are dwindling down until there is hardly anything left to be direct deposited in my bank !!!

No work at TransTech -- ongoing issue - TTMTer

[ In Reply To ..]
excuse spelling of client or other words. This "job" is intruding on my peaceful lifestyle !

The no jobs situation is occurring on a daily basis at TT -- which if the MT is working to support self, can put a dent in the ability to pay bills.

Please be careful! (sm) - TTMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
Please be careful. As a current employee as well, I know they really cover their backsides there about time cards, time worked, etc., to make sure they come out smelling like a rose. I once tried turning in an more or less ACCURATE timesheet, reflecting that although I had worked full shifts all 10 days of the pay period, I still only had about 8000 lines due to lack of work. I received an email from the owner and it wasn't pretty.

If you file for UE benefits, please make sure and have all your documentation in order and be prepared for fallout, because I fear that's what you may be in for.

Good luck to you if you have the courage and fortitude to go through with this, and please keep us informed.

My experience at TT - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I work second shift and I rarely run out of work. The problem I have at TT is the horrible VR. For some reason, the reports that are VR are horrendous. I never do over 250 lines in an hour because I am re-typing most of the reports because it's so horrible. It can't be the fault of eScription because I work as an IC for another company a few hours a day on eScription and the VR is wonderful. I can easily do 350 to 400 lines in an hour. So, whatever is going on with TT's VR is what is making me decide to leave them.

TTmter and sm at TT. Thanks for your honesty. I believe also Nuance is in charge. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree that VR is awful also and feel that by the time I take out and redo, I'd be better doing it myself, but there are times when the dictator is SO, SO horrible I am glad that there is the machine to ask, "what did you hear!!!" It is still totally time consuming and NOT an easy job and now for less money. Doctors are able to go fasater and dictate sloppier, are they taking a cut? Radiologists are reading faster and getting the work back faster, but they are getting an increase..they are equal to lucrative.

Another thing to consider for the OP (sm) - TTMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
You know how MQ has that F11 feature, where if you have to retype the report as opposed to editing it, you are paid transcription rate? Not so with TT.

I once had a 20-plus minute report where the dictator had plugged in the wrong ID. Well, of course eScription couldn't associate this dictator's voice with what it had on file, so it spit out about 4 pages of literal gibberish.

I had to delete the job and transcribe it from scratch, and I emailed my manager with the job info, problem, etc., and asked if my pay could be adjusted to be paid for transcribing this job rather than editing it.

Not only did I never hear a word back, my paycheck did not reflect the difference in pay, either. I was, to say the least, extremely disappointed because I should have been compensated appropriately for the dictator's obvious error and paid for at the transcription rate, not the editing rate.

Live and learn...I've never made that mistake of asking for that "favor" (ha!) again.

My experience at TT (sm) - TTer2

[ In Reply To ..]
I suspect there's a lot of cherry picking or assigned favorites, although I have no proof of this and it is just based on my observation/opinion.

I used to struggle with a string of horrendous jobs to be edited, but would see down a bit in the cue were wonderful dictators, some straight transcription, and kept plugging away on the crummy jobs seeing the light at the end of the tunnel; however, when I'd actually get to those jobs, they had mysteriously disappeared...and I was supposedly the ONLY MT working at that time. I asked a couple of times about how these jobs could disppear mid-cue, but never got a solid answer.

You may possibly not be running out of work because sadly you're getting the junk no one else wants :-( .

Don't u listen to TT?? If u can't make money on their VR it's YOUR FAULT! - Speaketh the truth

[ In Reply To ..]
Really, what IS your problem?? TransTech's VR is WONDERFUL! You can make MILLIONS!

Lol. Pay no attention to that MTSO behind the curtain!

See message please - Worried MT

[ In Reply To ..]
What happens if you're short (I'm short about 600 lines) and there is no work this weekend. Has this ever affected anyone's medical benefits? That's what I worry about. Like will they drop you?

Yes, it affects your benefits - TT MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had to go from full time to part time because I could not meet the full time requirements, and I now have a hard time meeting the part time requirements. Right now, I am sitting here waiting for work, but of course this is the last weekend to work before this pay period ends. It is always this scramble for work, and now it is worse than ever. They send out notes to get on and make up your line counts if you are short, well I am always short, but by then everyone is in the same boat and they are hungry for the work, which makes this an impossible situation. Getting back to your question..if you continue to be short on your lines and this continues, yes they will take away your benefits and might suggest you go part time also. They really pushed that to me until I finally went to part time. Unless you have a medical reason for the lack of lines or an emergency that gives you an excuse, or something else they will cut your benefits. I don't mean to scare you, and I feel very badly for you, but this has happened to many, many MTs. You might want to talk to your supervisor and ask her what you should do, but I know they give you a warning.

I worked there for a few weeks and knew right away, I didn't want to work 24/7 - to get lines, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That in itself should tell you something about a company. That was my first experience with getting e-mails telling me to flex so I could get my lines. Not for this chick. There was still not enough no matter what shift I worked. By the way, I have children, so sitting at the computer 24/7 was not an option. I moved on to greener pastures. Their VR was horrible. Too many corrections to make to be able to make any money with this company (good money, not just minimum wage. Sooo glad I jumped off that ship. I'm not one to stick around long to see if things get better. From my experience, they usually don't. I would guess they just overhire.

Similar Messages:

$1000 Sign On Bonus
Jan 06, 2011

Has anyone ever had trouble collecting the $1000 sign on bonus? ...

Chaps. The Q Offering $1000 Sign-on Bonuses For
Dec 21, 2010

Choke.   ...

$500 Sign On Bonus?
May 20, 2012

Does anyone know when you get paid the $500 sign on bonus for working the hours between 12pm and 3am? Do you have to work for so many months first? If so, why do they call it "sign on" bonus? ...

$500.00 Sign On Bonus (sm)
Sep 15, 2012

TransTech in TX is offering a $500 sign on bonus for experienced oncology MTs & MEs. Perhaps the tables are turning. I'm already working as one, but am not the least bit happy with the account as the reports are only a few seconds long and the busy work between each one takes longer than the transcription - thus you are not paid for half the work you do. MTSOs need to recognize this and that there is competition, i.e. TransTech! Do I hear $600!? ...

$100 Sign-on Bonus
Jul 09, 2013

On the other job seeking board, there is a company offering a $100 sign-on bonus if you have knowledge of Arrendale TA+ dictation platform. I remember "back in the day" getting a $1000 sign-on bonus and I didn't have to have knowledge of the platform. Pathetic what this profession has come to. ...

Sign On Bonus $100
Jun 26, 2014

SIGN ON $100 I heard InScribe is offering if you log on and take the first 3 tests and filll out an application.  If you are hired and can start right away you get $100 sign on.  You must do it within the next 24 hours.  ...

Sign-On Bonus
Oct 08, 2014

I work for Nuance already, so I'm not interesteed in signing on, more interested in signing off as soon as I can. I heard, though, that the company is offering sign-on bonus for new employees. Is that so? That sounds ironic. Is this the only company out there that gives sign-on bonus because they are so desperate for employees, or should I say semi-slaves? ...

Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Sign-on Bonus?
Jan 13, 2015

Some promise $500 to $1000.  ...

Sign On Bonus For Medquist
Aug 03, 2011

Has any one gotten a sign on bonus from Medquist, if so, how does that work. ...

Transcend Sign On Bonus
Feb 15, 2012

Just wondering if anyone else was promised a sign on bonus with Transcend and it has been four months - no response, no action, no money!  Bad business practice I would say!  ...

Sign On Bonus Question
Nov 16, 2012

I am almost at my 90 days and wondering when I should be expecting my 500$ sign on bonus I was promised... they said when I was hired, after 90 days as long as I was meeting my line count and 99% accuracy. Is this correct?  And how long after my 90 days do I get my 500$ sign on bonus check. ...

Sign-on Bonus! Are You Kidding Me?
Mar 19, 2015

Nuance hiring and offering $2000 sign-on bonus at the same time they are cutting our pay back lower than ever???? Wow! I don't even know what to say. I've been working on the same account going on 12 years and now I will make way less than what I did when I started. But if you are new to the game you can get a $2000 bonus which if you figure what they are about to start paying us this time around could equal months of work for us who have been here all along working hard ...

2000 Sign On Bonus? Really??
Apr 02, 2015

Just saw the Nuance ad on here. WOW ...

New Hires - Re: Sign On Bonus
May 12, 2015

I was offered a job recently with Nuance and offered a sign on bonus after 90 days of employment.  With all the bad reviews and low pay according to a lot of people on this board, I was wondering if anyone has ever received a sign on bonus?  Do they actually pay it after the 90 days?  I like the idea of working 30 hours a week, but thought it odd that I was not even offered 40 hours, just told that it would be a 30 hour work week.  Also find it kind of strange that there ...

$2000 Sign On Bonus
May 15, 2015

Deception at its finest.  Has anyone been hired and actually received this? ...

Transcend $1500 Sign-on Bonus
Dec 10, 2009

Any comments? ...

Immediate Opening With Nuance!! SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!!!
Aug 22, 2014

....because it says steady stream of work, amoung other un-truths...as I sit on this site reading and posting because I am OOW again and my shift just started.....Oh, and this is the shift NUANCE changed my schedule to saying that it would make sure I would not run out of work....but can only respond to their post via email....I guess they would not want my response.... ...

How Is It Going With Nuance Hires With Sign On Bonus?
Jun 09, 2015

For a while they were advertising for help hot and heavy with big sign on bonuses.  Now, no big help wanted ads and work is slim on many of our accounts. I guess not enough people have quit and they are overstaffed (surprise surprise).  Those people trying to get the sign on bonus are probably trying to stick it out as best they can (as I would too if it were me).  In the meantime, an awful lot of us are suffering from OOW situations.    This Fiasco stuff sucks, but in ...

MedQuist Once Again Offering $500 Sign-on Bonus (on Other Job Website). I Have NJA.
Jan 08, 2010

XX ...

Post-thyroidectomy ?test/sign-sm
May 06, 2014

Pt is s/p completion thyroidectomy.   "Voice is strong.  Negative (s/l strawstack). " Any help appreciated.  Thanks :)  ...

1000 X 0.05 = $50.00
May 15, 2014

Handling 1000 pages a day in any capacity, even if just sitting and flipping them over one at a time, warrants better pay than a measly $50.00. They must think we are desperate. This is about a job posted on the Other Site. I am stunned that we are going backwards in pay incrementally. Of course, they will get someone to do it. ...

Temasa 1000 Mg
Apr 28, 2010

Dr. says it pretty clearly - no idea what it is for. ...

1:1000 Epinephrine?
Aug 26, 2010

I have a report here on an excision of a mass on the cheek.  This dictator talks very fast, but in the anesthesia section, it sounds like he is saying Xylocaine with 1:1000 epinephrine.  I have never heard anything below 1:100,000 before, but it sure sounds like 1000.  Is it used like that, or is he just talking too fast?  Thank you! ...

Has Anyone Here Ever Been Paid The Signon Bonus, Or Referral Bonus? Nm
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

Drug S/l Sigh-an-oh-pro-boy-amen 1000 Microgram.
Sep 21, 2010

1.       Pernicious anemia. 2.       Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. 3.       Open angle glaucoma. 4.       Paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. 5.       Esophageal stricture. 6.       Peripheral neuropathy. 7.       Hyperlipidemia. 8.       Hypertension. 9. ...

Inpatient Pt Meds: Doc Spells Viatrivoate 1000 Ml P.o. X1.
Oct 07, 2011

? ...

How Long Does It Normally Take To Transcribe 1000 Lines On Average?
Dec 29, 2011

I know this can vary of course.  I have built up my shorthand to over 12,000 entries.  I really think I have my speed up considerably but have been paid by the hour working on straigt typing with tapes for some time now.  We are going to VR and may need to pick up a second job to take up the slack in work.  Can someone give me some idea of what to expect in time to take on another PT or FT position (depending on the amount of downtime I will have soon)? ...

MModal Still Has Shift Differential For Night Shift?
Jul 01, 2013

can anyone tell me if MModal still has shift differential for night shift? I know they used to ...

He Has A Negative *Jean* Sign. (Not G Sign.) Sm
Apr 14, 2011

He has intact bilateral radioulnar and median nerve sensation.  He has some weakness in grip on the left as compared to the right.  He is 4+/5 on the left, 5/5 on the right.  He has 4+/5 small finger abduction bilaterally.  He has a negative *Jean* sign.   ...

How To Transition From Day Shift To Night Shift
Dec 08, 2013

I've been offered an in-house MT position that I am not passing up. It is night shift 10 pm to 6 am. I've never worked a night shift ever. How should I transition into working nights? Anyone have any tips for working this shift? ...