A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

New Hires - Re: Sign on bonus - MLS33

Posted: May 12, 2015

I was offered a job recently with Nuance and offered a sign on bonus after 90 days of employment.  With all the bad reviews and low pay according to a lot of people on this board, I was wondering if anyone has ever received a sign on bonus?  Do they actually pay it after the 90 days?  I like the idea of working 30 hours a week, but thought it odd that I was not even offered 40 hours, just told that it would be a 30 hour work week.  Also find it kind of strange that there are people posting on this board that they don't have enough work - so why is Nuance hiring new people?  Why not give their current employees more work instead of hiring new people?? 

Keep reading. Go back at least 2 months. Read every post. - All questions answered.

[ In Reply To ..]
Honestly, any and all questions have been discussed thoroughly. You will never see the bonus, probably won't even be on the same accounts in about 6 weeks after the account is switched to EMR and the rest off-shored. Nuance keeps a steady stream of unknowing newbies in the revolving door at all times, as some MTs catch on a little more quickly than others and leave rather hastily, many without giving notice, they find it that bad.

You won't see that bonus. They will throw up - every roadblock to keep you

[ In Reply To ..]
from doing it. I was offered that same bonus 8 months ago. Haven't seen it yet and won't. When I ask my TSM, he either ignores my email or will say,"let me check on your metrics to see if you qualify." So, if you go under 99% EVEN ONCE or send more than 10% EVEN ONCE or don't make production EVEN ONCE (regardless of whether it is due to out of work)...you will NOT get it. If you manage to pass all the metrics, they will string you along, waiting for a reason to NOT give it to you. "Oh, you didn't work your full shift one day last month?" DISQUALIFIED!!! They are in the business of MAKING CUTS to MT's pay NOT giving away money for nothing in their eyes.

I'd read the fine print on that offer, it most likely requires you to sm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
Meet the expected line requirements for every pay period, work every hour without taking any time off, NOT send more than 10% to QC and be at 99.whatever it is now quality for the entire 90 days.

Impossible.

I received the sign-on bonus. - Sean

[ In Reply To ..]
I received a $500.00 sign-on bonus about a year ago, but I did have to ask about it after 90 days had passed. It was $375.00 after taxes and deposited separately from my regular pay. I don't think the metrics are a factor, at least not as described above. If you qualify to remain employed, you should receive the bonus.

Similar Messages:

How Is It Going With Nuance Hires With Sign On Bonus?
Jun 09, 2015

For a while they were advertising for help hot and heavy with big sign on bonuses.  Now, no big help wanted ads and work is slim on many of our accounts. I guess not enough people have quit and they are overstaffed (surprise surprise).  Those people trying to get the sign on bonus are probably trying to stick it out as best they can (as I would too if it were me).  In the meantime, an awful lot of us are suffering from OOW situations.    This Fiasco stuff sucks, but in ...

$500 Sign On Bonus?
May 20, 2012

Does anyone know when you get paid the $500 sign on bonus for working the hours between 12pm and 3am? Do you have to work for so many months first? If so, why do they call it "sign on" bonus? ...

$500.00 Sign On Bonus (sm)
Sep 15, 2012

TransTech in TX is offering a $500 sign on bonus for experienced oncology MTs & MEs. Perhaps the tables are turning. I'm already working as one, but am not the least bit happy with the account as the reports are only a few seconds long and the busy work between each one takes longer than the transcription - thus you are not paid for half the work you do. MTSOs need to recognize this and that there is competition, i.e. TransTech! Do I hear $600!? ...

$100 Sign-on Bonus
Jul 09, 2013

On the other job seeking board, there is a company offering a $100 sign-on bonus if you have knowledge of Arrendale TA+ dictation platform. I remember "back in the day" getting a $1000 sign-on bonus and I didn't have to have knowledge of the platform. Pathetic what this profession has come to. ...

Sign On Bonus $100
Jun 26, 2014

SIGN ON $100 I heard InScribe is offering if you log on and take the first 3 tests and filll out an application.  If you are hired and can start right away you get $100 sign on.  You must do it within the next 24 hours.  ...

Sign-On Bonus
Oct 08, 2014

I work for Nuance already, so I'm not interesteed in signing on, more interested in signing off as soon as I can. I heard, though, that the company is offering sign-on bonus for new employees. Is that so? That sounds ironic. Is this the only company out there that gives sign-on bonus because they are so desperate for employees, or should I say semi-slaves? ...

Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Sign-on Bonus?
Jan 13, 2015

Some promise $500 to $1000.  ...

$1000 Sign On Bonus
Jan 06, 2011

Has anyone ever had trouble collecting the $1000 sign on bonus? ...

Sign On Bonus For Medquist
Aug 03, 2011

Has any one gotten a sign on bonus from Medquist, if so, how does that work. ...

Transcend Sign On Bonus
Feb 15, 2012

Just wondering if anyone else was promised a sign on bonus with Transcend and it has been four months - no response, no action, no money!  Bad business practice I would say!  ...

Sign On Bonus Question
Nov 16, 2012

I am almost at my 90 days and wondering when I should be expecting my 500$ sign on bonus I was promised... they said when I was hired, after 90 days as long as I was meeting my line count and 99% accuracy. Is this correct?  And how long after my 90 days do I get my 500$ sign on bonus check. ...

Sign-on Bonus! Are You Kidding Me?
Mar 19, 2015

Nuance hiring and offering $2000 sign-on bonus at the same time they are cutting our pay back lower than ever???? Wow! I don't even know what to say. I've been working on the same account going on 12 years and now I will make way less than what I did when I started. But if you are new to the game you can get a $2000 bonus which if you figure what they are about to start paying us this time around could equal months of work for us who have been here all along working hard ...

2000 Sign On Bonus? Really??
Apr 02, 2015

Just saw the Nuance ad on here. WOW ...

$2000 Sign On Bonus
May 15, 2015

Deception at its finest.  Has anyone been hired and actually received this? ...

Transcend $1500 Sign-on Bonus
Dec 10, 2009

Any comments? ...

Immediate Opening With Nuance!! SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!!!
Aug 22, 2014

....because it says steady stream of work, amoung other un-truths...as I sit on this site reading and posting because I am OOW again and my shift just started.....Oh, and this is the shift NUANCE changed my schedule to saying that it would make sure I would not run out of work....but can only respond to their post via email....I guess they would not want my response.... ...

MedQuist Once Again Offering $500 Sign-on Bonus (on Other Job Website). I Have NJA.
Jan 08, 2010

XX ...

TT Post And 1000 Sign-on Bonus For 3rd Shift When Right Now NO Work?
Oct 14, 2011

?  I don't get it.  Guess I am not supposed to.  Wish the work was kept inhouse then they'd at least lie to your face, but we'd have way better benefits. ...

Has Anyone Here Ever Been Paid The Signon Bonus, Or Referral Bonus? Nm
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

He Has A Negative *Jean* Sign. (Not G Sign.) Sm
Apr 14, 2011

He has intact bilateral radioulnar and median nerve sensation.  He has some weakness in grip on the left as compared to the right.  He is 4+/5 on the left, 5/5 on the right.  He has 4+/5 small finger abduction bilaterally.  He has a negative *Jean* sign.   ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...

Hires New MTs
Jul 02, 2010

In my ongoing search to find a job, I came across this company that I thought I would pass along. It is Northeast Transcription Inc. and their site says they hire new grads (within the past 6 months). You have to be able to stand on your own from the start - there's no mentoring or special support, but it would be worth checking into. Good luck. ...

To All You New Hires
Oct 04, 2012

I wish I could be happy for you; however, the MTs on my account have been out of work for the better part of the week and we were informed recently of the plan for the company to add more MTs to this account. Great, more of us sitting around out of work. Welcome to the company. ...

New Hires At AHD
Feb 13, 2014

Any of you folks started working for them yet?  ...

New Hires
May 04, 2015

I notice in their multiple job postings that Nuance mentions "a steady flow of work" and a "sign on bonus"..... I am just wondering how many of you new hires out there have actually seen this bonus come to fruition....or the steady flow of work??? ...

Pt Has Negative Froment's Sign And Negative S/l Jean Sign.
Sep 14, 2010

x ...

MQ Recent Hires...
Dec 29, 2010

So did anyone who trained in the last month start working yet?  How's it going?  Any insight to offer those of us still waiting to start?  I'm kinda freaked out at everything I read here and I truly should stop reading it; however, it's like a train wreck I can't seem to look away long enough to give myself perspective.  Add to that that I'm already depressed for other reasons and things are not looking so hot in my neck of the woods on any level.&nbs ...

Does Anyone Know If MQ Hires PT MMEs?
Feb 16, 2011

x  TIA ...

SoftScript Hires IC's?
Aug 12, 2011

Does anyone know if SoftScript hires IC's?  Thanks! ...

Does Anybody Know If Keystrokes Only Hires
Sep 06, 2011

full-time positions or do they have part-time positions as well?  TIA ...