A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Not liking lack of direct deposit. - tiredofwaiting

Posted: Mar 06, 2015

The company I work for is decent, as far as MTSOs go. Pay is better than most but still crappy IMO.  The problem is they do not offer direct deposit. Receiving my check is so sporadic with mail service being horrible. Some pay periods I get it 2 days after mailing, other times it may take up to a week. I have bills to pay and really need something that I can depend on being there at regular interval. Really considering going elsewhere if they don't start offering Direct Deposit soon. I can't go on like this Running to the mailbox everyday until the check arrives then taking time off to run to the bank and deposit the check before my utilities get turned off.  It's not that difficult to set up and is cost effective. What's the problem people?  GET ON THE BANDWAGON WITH DIRECT DEPOSIT! Thanks.

Does your bank have...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
an overdraft line of credit? It might cost you 18+ percent, but it is very helpful for cash flow issues. You can pay the LOC back as soon as your check comes in with a minimal interest charge, or you can do monthly payments but then you'll incur interest on the balance. Check it out.

This Post Sounds Familiar - see msg

[ In Reply To ..]
I responded on the boards here not too long ago. Not sure if you were the original OP (OOP, if you will), but I mentioned that some places of employment do not do Direct Deposit unless all are on board. Not everybody has a checking account, so they may feel it's not worth the effort if all are not on board.

And... - I Also Mentioned

[ In Reply To ..]
I had also mentioned that if there is a high turnover rate of employees with a given company, it's not worth their while to do direct deposit.

direct deposit - cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if some companies like to hold onto their money too by doing this. They can always say well the check was mailed, maybe it was not and it's just their way of hanging onto their money longer in case they have some extra bills to pay or whenever it suits them, etc. They can control their cash flow more by not offering direct deposit.

Benefit of the doubt - My thoughts`

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't be so quick to blame the employer. Not all banks offer direct deposit and your employer is not going to do it for one or two people. There are set up fees and also a monthly fee for the employer. If it's a small organization it just may not be worth their while. Direct deposit is no guarantee of you getting paid, they still have to make the deposit and have funds in their account. It is possible that someone else is doing their payroll. Maybe you could ask them to pay you via Pay Pal or some other electronic method. Maybe you should find out where they bank and get an account with that bank, maybe that would make direct deposit easier. My employer is huge and deals with a lot of banks. We have DD but only the bigger banks and credit unions offer direct deposit. If you are able to arrange it, be prepared to get paid by paper check for the first 1 or 2 pay periods anyway, it does not happen as quickly as you might think when you first begin.

Even small community banks offer DD. - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I bank with one that has only 2 branches and they offer DD. In fact, 75% of all banks and CU offer DD. It is less expensive, according to the banks (I have called and talked to some), to DD than to pay for checks and envelopes, print them, sign them, stamp them and mail them than it is for DD. It's pretty archaic to do it via snail mail.

Also - Good luck

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you need to learn to budget better. Make sure you have enough money set aside so that you can at least keep the lights on until your check arrives or pay a little extra so that you will have a credit on your bill. Some PUDs and electric service providers offer budget plans and average it out so that the amount is the same every month and issue a credit at the end of the year if there is an overpayment. My internet and phone service provider just carries over the charges and may charge a late fee, but as far as I know don't disconnect anyone's service unless they are chronic offenders. I don't think direct deposit is worth quitting over, your next employer may not offer it either. I never thought going to the bank to deposit a check was a big deal but it sure has you stressed out.

Thanks for the words of wisdom. :/ - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
You must not live in a rural area. My nearest bank is 1 hour drive from my home. My mailbox is 1 mile from my house. I live paycheck to paycheck and need to receive my money which I earned in a timely manner. Budget better -psssht.

Just trying to help - Sorry

[ In Reply To ..]
Quit and find a place that offers DD, put a few dollars in the bank for your electric bill, get a line of credit, do what you need to do but it may not be entirely your employer's fault. I also struggle to make ends meet, by the way and the PUD thing works great for me, I always know how much my bill is going to be. Apparently budgeting is a new concept for you. I actually do live in a fairly rural area and not all the banks offer DD. I don't know how many employees your company has but it is possible that it is not worth it to have to set it up and deal with multiple banks, especially if they're not local. I had a job once that paid once a month. That was tough but I sure didn't expect them to pay me one way and everyone else a different way. We all do what we have to do, I won't offer suggestions again if you raise this topic a third time.
LOL! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
You did your best to help - and
[ In Reply To ..]
offered excellent advice. Unfortunately, it did not reinforce the "everything wrong with my life is someone else's fault and there is nothing I can (am willing) to do to help myself" meme that seems to be so prevalent.
Trying To Help - Me again
[ In Reply To ..]
I should have kept my thoughts to myself as the OP really wasn't asking for help and laughed when I apologized, oh well. I need to get off the sofa now and walk a block to the mailbox to get my check, life sucks.

I side with the OP. I can understand. - quit being hateful.

[ In Reply To ..]
You're "just trying to help" is a form of passive aggressive behavior that does grate on people. I couldn't imagine not knowing when my check is going to arrive. Not fun at all.
ROTFL! - Okay
[ In Reply To ..]
Hope you enjoy being laughed at as much as I did.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Else NOT See Direct Deposit In Their
Dec 24, 2009

NM ...

Any Ex JLG Get Their Direct Deposit Yet?
Sep 23, 2011

Maybe I just checked too early? Thanks! ...

Where Is My Direct Deposit? Anyone Else?
Oct 31, 2013

I am wondering if the bank is playing with the money or there is a problem in payroll distribution land. B of A has finally stated (admitted) the method they are using to manipulate credits and debits to generate the most fees My direct deposit has always shown up at midnight. My bank text message notification always comes just after midnight. ...

Direct Deposit
Feb 06, 2015

Can those of you who have direct deposit for your pay check tell me when it is normally deposited to your account? Thanks! ...

Direct Deposit Late
Dec 28, 2012

Is anyoe else's direct deposit late?  Mine always shows up shortly after midnight, but it is not there.  ...

Is Direct Deposit Required?
Jan 21, 2015

Is direct deposit required, or are paper checks an option to get paid? ...

FutureNet Tech Direct Deposit
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone else not get paid via direct deposit today? The gal in payroll has not replied to my email and wondering what is going on.  ...

Anyone Receive Their Direct Deposit Tonight?
Dec 28, 2012

Mine usually hits tonight (Thursday night) and I have not received it. ...

Direct Deposit Paycheck From Transtech?
Feb 09, 2013

Did anyone else not receive their direct deposit paycheck from Transtech? This is a first for me.  ...

Direct Deposit, Thought I Would Share
May 08, 2013

Just thought I would share.  With direct deposit, I've read people saying they don't have bank accounts or whatever, and I have one, but choose to use a Netspend card for my direct deposits.  The GOOD THINGS about the card are that first of all, you receive your direct deposit the MINUTE it is sent by your company.  I am ALWAYS paid two days earlier than payday and that is on both jobs that I work.  There is no waiting for the bank to clear and such or worrying abou ...

Nice That IMEDX Direct Deposit Came In
Nov 27, 2014

xx ...

Why Would A Company Not Offer Direct Deposit?
Feb 13, 2015

It seems to be a win-win for both transcriptionist and company with time saving and cost saving. So, why would they not offer it? Makes one wonder if the company is financially sound. ...

First Paycheck - Is It Direct Deposit Or Paper Check?
Nov 09, 2009

Used to be if you made change of bank account, the first one was paper and then DD kicked in.  Anyone know>? ...

Paper Check Versus Direct Deposit
Dec 11, 2009

I just signed up for direct deposit but I didn't get paid yesterday like I was supposed to.  How long does it take for a paper check to arrive in the mail?  ...

Keystrokes - Paycheck By Direct Deposit Or By Mail?
Jul 15, 2010

Does anyone know if keystrokes pays your last paycheck by direct deposit or by mail? Thank you. ...

Assistmed People - Get Your Direct Deposit Today?
Sep 25, 2012

For anybody that works for Assistmed, did you get your direct deposit?  Mine always, always hits my bank between 12:30 a.m. and 12:45 a.m., except this time of course, when it's critical. TIA! ...

AssistMed Paychecks? Anyone Gotten Theirs This Week Since They Did Not Do Direct Deposit? Nm
Sep 13, 2013

nm ...

Anybody Work For Breitner? Direct Deposit Question
Oct 03, 2013

I'm a recent hire working for Breitner.  I got my training pay through the mail and now I am supposed to be getting my first regular direct deposit pay check tomorrow, 10/04.  However, when I go to Paychex and check my paystubs online, it says no check history.   I know pay day isn't until tomorrow, but my experience with other places is that usually the check history will show up online a few days in advance of the day the actual check hits via direct deposit.  I& ...

With Direct Deposit, Do Nuance Paychecks Ever Arrive Early?
Feb 13, 2015

I'm a newbie at Nuance, and I was just wondering if anyone's check comes early with direct deposit, or does everyone get them on the actual payday? ...

Really Liking My...
Mar 17, 2010

first three days with Amphion.  People are wonderful!  Platform they use is new, so there are some glitches they are working out, but really easy to learn. ...

Doctors Not Liking This Either
Mar 12, 2012

My girlfriend told her internist about our plight and the doctor said that they were actually forbidden to use a transcription service and to do it themselves instead.  She hates it and would rather have a transcriptionist do it because they are so good at what they do!   I don't understand why they would be forbidden to use a transcriptionist. Anyone care to guess why?  She said the cost was not the reason and would gladly pay and pay and pay!!!! ...

So, How Are You New Meridian MTs Liking It Here At MM?
Mar 19, 2013

x ...

So...Synernet MTs How Are You Liking The New VR?
May 21, 2014

So, what do you think of the new VR?  Just wondering, because I know they are going to VR and I want to apply.  ...

Anyone Working For Nuance And Liking It???
May 02, 2011

So I hear a lot about how there is no work at Nuance now because they are over hiring and that they are a "nightmare" to work for. Is there anyone working there now that likes it and isn't having any problems?  ...

Not Liking The New DQS7. Too Many Windows
May 15, 2012

on screen, teeny tiny letters when typing (hope I can change this), stupid QA note section at bottom is annoying as he!!. Hope I can adjust quickly cause this is a pain. ...

Work Or Lack Of
Jul 22, 2010

Is work extremely slow for everyone? I've never seen it this bad. ...

Lack Of Work.
Aug 01, 2011

Is anyone else at MxSecure slow right now?  I have a scheduled work time like everyone else but am having to work horrible hours to get my line count in.  ...

Lack Of Work
Jul 06, 2012

Has anyone noticed less work in your queues lately? Has anyone had a hard time getting in to a new transcription company? I have 12 years experience, and had an easier time finding a job as a newbie than I do now. Think maybe this has anything to do with the cheap labor from India that is replacing American workers? I'm thinking about finishing my coding classes, but they give American jobs to India also. What does it take to earn a living in America now? ...

Lack Of Funds
Jan 17, 2013

Need to go to doctor but cannot afford to with consistent lack of work.  Hoping things pick up so that I can go and get my prescriptions refilled.  Made too much money last year to benefit from community medical care.  Stuck between a rock and a hard place. ...

Partial Lack?
Jul 24, 2013

doctor dictates what s/l : Likely left thumb EPL partial lack, does that sound right? ...