A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What kind of imaging? - Little Lotte

Posted: Jan 12, 2011

Hello! :) I am trying to transcribe a radiology report and the Dr. said something that sounds like "flare imaging." Is there such a thing as flare imaging? This is the sentence: ..."increased signal on (flare) imaging, larger on the left than on the right." 

Appreciate any insight!

~Lotte

FLAIR imaging - n/m - lexluther

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Similar Messages:

Grayscale Imaging Or Gray-scale Imaging?
May 08, 2015

I've typed as one word for 25 years and now I'm being told to hyphenate.  I googled and see it both ways.  ...

ADC On Imaging?
Nov 12, 2009

magnetic resonance imaging demonstrated positive right temporal diffusion changes, negative in ADC, mildly positive in FLAIR without enhancement ...

Orthopedic Imaging Help
Jan 11, 2012

Typing difficult dictator...speed talker.... Sentance reads: MRI shows the tibial eminence fracture but the ACL appears to be intact. There is no apparent increased signal for intracepts inter rupture.  "intracepts" is not making sense and I am not for certain that inter rupture is adquate...maybe I am just tired and my brain/ears are not functioning well...any help would be appreciated. ...

Radiology Imaging Consultants
Sep 30, 2010

Does anyone know about a company called Radiology Imaging Consultants?.  We have been told they are going to be our new Radiology Group starting Jan 1st.  We don't know if they use editors, if there is any actual transcription, etc.  Please help shed some light.  We were not told anything.  This is suppose to be hush hush... ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone have information about Rapid Outsource Imaging?  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging (ROI)
May 19, 2011

I can sign on with them, but they're strictly BOS 3. I'm still in the dark ages with BOS 1. How much time am I going to spend with my head in the book? What things should I focus on (re)learning first? Also, what kind of paperwork do I need to take care of, line counts, billing?  Do they take care of that? All I do with my current company is submit my online line count at the end of the pay period, and two weeks later I get a deposit in the bank. This is the only IC position I&# ...

RAPID OUTSOURCING IMAGING
Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone ever pass the mttest for Rapid Outsourcing Imaging??? ...

ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging)
Oct 31, 2011

Has anyone ever worked for this company? ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging.
Jan 06, 2012

Does anyway know about this company or ever worked there?  It sounds good with high pay on lines, but that is not everything to consider.  Let me know anything that you know. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging? Sm
Jun 12, 2012

Has anyone ever worked for Rapid Outsource Imaging? If so - were you happy there? Did they have plenty of work? Did they pay a fair rate? How was their QA and their platform? I've already invested time in their lengthy application/test and have phone interview tomorrow. Any info or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!! ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging, LLC - Any Comments?
Mar 06, 2010

do not know what state.  Any info appreciated.  ...

PET Scan Imaging Report Terminology Help Needed!
Jul 17, 2010

I am going to paste the paragraph two words are located in that I'm having trouble with.  I am hoping that someone who is familiar with radiology terminology can help me out on this.  It sounds to me like the physician is saying:  subcurrent and precurrent.  I've gone to every source I can think of, but no luck in confirming that this makes any sense. Here's the paragraph: IMAGING EVALUATION:  PET CT scan done [___] reveals hypermetabolic adenopathy in ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging Fact Or Fiction?
Oct 28, 2011

I was considering applying at ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging), but I heard they charge their IC MTs $50 per report error.  Are there any ROI MTs out there who could comment on this?  ...

Cerner Imaging And Instant Text Issue
Apr 12, 2015

Hello, and thank you for being here :) Facility did an upgrade a few days ago.  Cerner Rad Imaging program is now giving me issues when insert IT macros - This message comes up when I attempt to insert any phrase or data that is lengthy - requiring i type all first initials of the sentence/phrase whereas before, if it was the only selection, my canned phrase would appear. MESSAGE: "cannot read from or write to clipboard (1-1603)" After many attempts, returns, backspaces, it finally spi ...

Knee Surgery; C-arm Imaging Was Used To Define The Appropriate Location At S/l Shottle's Point
Feb 13, 2013

x ...

Here's A Different Kind Of Job
Nov 17, 2012

write test questions http://www.geiswriters.com/ ...

Be Kind To Your TSM Day.
Dec 04, 2014

Seriously - they are being dragged through this with us. They need their jobs just like we do. I am sure they don't like it and their kool-laid pitchers are empty but they have to play the game. Let's just don't shoot the messenger - they are just trying to survive just like us. They don't like it anymore than we do but can't say it. :) ...

What Kind Of Clamp?
Jan 28, 2010

The uterus was clamped at the adnexa with a large _______ clamp. I really can't tell what it's saying...MAYBE "angled Z clamp", but I don't really know. It is a hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. What are my choices?  ...

What Kind Of Brainiac
Jun 01, 2010

puts a stutterer on ASR? ...

Some Kind Of Biopsy
Jan 04, 2011

She also is status post sigmoid loop colostomy in 2007 with _____ biopsy.  Sounds like the doc is saying ped-rectal biopsy.  Can't find it anywhere.  Any ideas? ...

What Kind Of Computer Do You Like Best?
Aug 20, 2011

I am looking at computers (tiger direct) and dont know which kind to get for transcription.  Can you tell me any brands that you really like or to stay away from? ...

Not Funny, But It Kind Of Is.
Dec 09, 2011

Googled homeless shelters in my area to see if I could volunteer.  What do you think pops up beside the information?  "Become a medical transcriptionist at your own pace."  It should say "Become a medical transcriptionist and you may need a homeless shelter". ...

Use A Laptop For MT? What Kind Do You Have?
Feb 03, 2012

I've been perusing laptops on Amazon.  Never had one before, so don't know that much about them.  If you were going to use one for one week out of each month to transcribe on, which one would you buy?  Or, if you already use one, what kind did you buy and why?  How many USB ports does it have?  How much memory?  Screen size?   Headphone jack?  Sound quality?   How long do you work on it per day?   Pros & cons?  ...

Try This,,,Now That Im Kind Of Comfy With ASR
Mar 21, 2012

Now that I am settled in on the ASR, not saying I like it or prefer it..I did turn the music back on...I used to do it all the time when I was on straight typing..If you can find the right music, like I play stuff that I really really know well, so I hear it but I dont hear it, know what I mean...but the rhythm seems to keep me moving well..Granted some of the dictators are impossible and it has to be turned off for them.. ...

TL's Get Some Kind Of Incentive ?
Jun 01, 2012

Does anybody at Nuance know if the TL's get some kind of incentive or something when they keep their accounts in TAT? ...

If You All Could Be So Kind As To Help Me Figure Out
Nov 13, 2012

I have not been with this company a full year and I know that changing my status before 6 months will affect my hire-on bonus, but how would I go about changing from full-time to part-time?  Do I tell them this is what I want to do or do I ask my TSM?  Any help you all could offer would be great!  ...

What Kind Of Keyboard Are You All Using
May 10, 2013

I have been thinking lately about my keyboard and mouse.  What kind of keyboards are you all using.  I use the basic Microsoft Comfort Curve keyboard but considering looking for something different.  ...

What Kind Of Employee
Aug 12, 2013

I started a job and was told I was an employee but they hold out no state or federal taxes - am I really an employee or is that statutory? ...

Some Kind Of Lens
Feb 04, 2015

States patient has glaucoma.  "He wears citrus lenses which do help him some."     She is very clearly stating citrus or sitris.  I cannot find anything about this.  Anyone have any ideas?      Thanks!! ...

There Is A New Kind Of Drain Out There
Feb 06, 2015

NOT.... Dictated: required her placement onto midodrine ASR: required her placmeent on tomato drain. Folks, you can't make this stuff up ...