A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

PET Scan Imaging Report terminology Help Needed! - helichrysum

Posted: Jul 17, 2010

I am going to paste the paragraph two words are located in that I'm having trouble with.  I am hoping that someone who is familiar with radiology terminology can help me out on this.  It sounds to me like the physician is saying:  subcurrent and precurrent. 

I've gone to every source I can think of, but no luck in confirming that this makes any sense.

Here's the paragraph:

IMAGING EVALUATION:  PET CT scan done [___] reveals hypermetabolic adenopathy in the right paratracheal region precurrent and subcurrent on left hilum.  There is additional hypermetabolic adenopathy anterior to the right psoas on the retroperitoneum.  This study is suspicious for lymphoma.  There are no lung nodules and no PET evidence of hypermetabolism in the liver, spleen, and visualized marrow.

Can anyone out there tell me if these two terms make sense in this section?  "precurrent and subcurrent". 

Thanks in advance!!

I would think it should be concurrent - dawn

[ In Reply To ..]
PET-CT is two different modalities performed at the same time in the same session so I would think it would be described as concurrent

Don't do a lot of radiology, but could current = carinal? - Oracle n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

another train of thought... - dawn

[ In Reply To ..]
Wondering if he's listing areas of the increased metabolic activity in a lymph chain since sugggestive of lymphoma, particularly since the paratracheal is RIGHT and then the LEFT hilum, that it would be more like "right paratracheal, _____,______ and on left hilum."

I think WE got it! - dawn

[ In Reply To ..]
first blank is done concurrently and the next is "right parattracheal, precarinal, subcarinal and on the left hilum.

I don't know if that first blank is a blank. - Oracle

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought it was just edited, so that it was PET CT scan done [date] or [at Timbuktu Radiology], as she didn't mention what she was hearing there. Of course, only he/she knows.

Other than that, the rest is probably right on.

THANK YOU DAWN! - Helichrysum

[ In Reply To ..]
I really appreciate your help Dawn. I've listened over again, and that's exactly what she is saying. "precarinal, subcarinal." I'm just not familiar enough with these terms yet...
Thank you SOOOOO much!
You're welcome - Oracle n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Thanks to Oracle for the carinal clue - dawn
[ In Reply To ..]

PET scan - Aspiring coder

[ In Reply To ..]
Should you be cutting and pasting patient records like this? If it isn't an actual patient record, we should not be helping you with your exams/homework.

Where is the identifying information? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It has been done numerous times here and is often the only way to actually figure out the question. Had she just posted "can you can precurrent in a PET scan", there would have been no answer.

It has always been that there could be no identifiable information. I don't know what the statistics are, but I'm guessing there are quite a few people that are diagnosed with lymphadenopathy via PET CT every day, and since we don't even have a date for this, there is NOTHING IDENTIFIABLE!!

No Personal Info Given - Helichrysum

[ In Reply To ..]
Does anyone else see a problem with posting a paragraph with info only showing medical info...no personal info, dates or places were given. What is this forum for, if it's not for helping someone out?

I believe I saw a notice when I entered this forum, that if anyone begrudged anyone else help, they would be dismissed from this forum?

I think you're okay Heli. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Had you put any less, people would have been jumping on you for not including enough information for us to possibly figure it out. There was nothing there to pinpoint a gender or even geographic location so there is no way to identify it.

And, yes, it does state clearly at the top that if one snipes at the people requesting help, you can be temporarily banned.

would have never got the answer without that info, many other here should give more - dawn

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

PET Scan / CT Word Help Needed
Jul 20, 2010

I'm having trouble with a report with some radiology terms.  My question is:  Is the word I am typing "hyper-avid" an actual term that makes sense in this sentence?  Here's the sentence:  She had subsequently had a PET scan which revealed retroperitoneal as well as mediastinal lymphadenopathy which is all hyper-avid. If the word is correct, is there a need for a hyphen? Should it be all one word, or just two separate words? What I need is a good online source for ...

Grayscale Imaging Or Gray-scale Imaging?
May 08, 2015

I've typed as one word for 25 years and now I'm being told to hyphenate.  I googled and see it both ways.  ...

Got It! Immediate Help Needed For STAT Report
Apr 27, 2011

Doctor left out an L.  Gill's laminectomy http://www.ispub.com/ostia/index.php?xmlFilePath=journals/ijss/vol2n2/lumbar.xml   Upon further review, it sounds like he is saying "consistent with a GILS or JILS procedure" (and then he spells it Gils or Jils).  GILS or JILS procedure.  Can someone confirm if this is correct?   This physician has a very thick Spanish accent and is so very hard to understand.  He spells out G O G L I S (or X) procedure.  An ...

H&P Neurology Report, Lots Of Help Needed
Aug 06, 2010

I have been on this report for 2 days now. I have managed to figure most of it out but I am really lost on one paragraph. After she dictates all the information under Physical Examination she goes into another paragraph describing more of the patient's symptoms. Is there supposed to be heading before that paragraph? Also, below is a few sentences from that paragraph that I just cant make out. Any help would be great. Thanks again. Tone is normal no clog whealing. Degenerative reflexes ar ...

Help Needed Report Card Grade For ADHD ...sm
May 08, 2012

I can't figure this out - ? regarding grading in elementary school.  Patient has ADHD and had three s/l "N" on his report card and the rest were acceptable grades.  Thanks for help!     ...

S/l CT Sick Scan? 6 Scan? Thick Scan?
Feb 10, 2010

Patient with upper abdominal pain. She received a CT ** scan of her chest and abdomen. There really isn't any further context that would help. ...

"Beecher" Scan? Type Of Chest Scan
Nov 04, 2010

Sentences: "A CT scan of the chest was ordered by primary care provider for the complaint of pleurisy.  A (s/l Beecher) scan was ordered thereafter." I have a feeling I'm going to kick myself when I realize what this one was, but I am fried and just can't find it.  Any thoughts? ...

ADC On Imaging?
Nov 12, 2009

magnetic resonance imaging demonstrated positive right temporal diffusion changes, negative in ADC, mildly positive in FLAIR without enhancement ...

GYN TERMINOLOGY
Sep 13, 2012

The sentence reads:  Status post vaginal polypectomy with luteinized cells secondary to ovary which was bound down to the cuff at s/l BS&O or VS&O or VSNO???? Thanks! ...

Eye Terminology
Dec 01, 2012

"Once the intraocular lens was in the capsular bag it was realized that the lens was a Toric ReSTOR and not a (plane/plain) ReSTOR." not sure which plane/plain, cannot find anywhere. ...

What Kind Of Imaging?
Jan 12, 2011

Hello! :) I am trying to transcribe a radiology report and the Dr. said something that sounds like "flare imaging." Is there such a thing as flare imaging? This is the sentence: ..."increased signal on (flare) imaging, larger on the left than on the right."  Appreciate any insight! ~Lotte ...

Orthopedic Imaging Help
Jan 11, 2012

Typing difficult dictator...speed talker.... Sentance reads: MRI shows the tibial eminence fracture but the ACL appears to be intact. There is no apparent increased signal for intracepts inter rupture.  "intracepts" is not making sense and I am not for certain that inter rupture is adquate...maybe I am just tired and my brain/ears are not functioning well...any help would be appreciated. ...

HEENT Terminology
Nov 06, 2009

Patient has pain in the right submandibular triangle. It is recommended that he have a "sialadenosubmandibular duct endoscopy." Is there such a term? Thanks. ...

Medical Terminology
Mar 22, 2010

Tachy palpitations is this tachy/palpitations or tachy-palpitations or one word? ...

Eye Surgery Terminology
Jun 29, 2010

Eye examination under anesthesia. #.   Placement of Baerveldt glaucoma tube shunt, inferotemporally, left eye. #.   Incision of fibrous capsule, left superior Ahmed valve with needle. Dictator is doing eye examination under anesthesia, placement of Baerveldt glaucoma tube shunt, inferotemporally, left eye., incision of fibrous capsule, left superior Ahmed valve with needle.   Does anyone know of a 2-dough-plast tissue?  I cannot hear "tonoplast."   ...

Terminology - S/l Dyssyneresis
Mar 31, 2011

There was (s/l) dyssyneresis between the septum and the posterolateral wall on left ventriculography. - Cannot find in medical dictionary or medical speller. Any ideas? ...

Tracheostomy Terminology
Mar 28, 2012

"Ongoing tracheostomy with 8 liters of oxygen per the s/l HAG (or HEG) flow by." I haven't found anything with the "HAG" or "HEG" yet or even anything on a tracheostomy "flow by".  He sometimes dictates things backwards and I have to reword quite a bit.   ...

Dermatology Terminology
Apr 12, 2012

Does anyone know of a good dermatology website?  Thanks! ...

Spinal Terminology
Nov 15, 2012

This PA is dictating MRI lab results for spinal consultation.  She is saying what s/l "roove sleeve cis" at T9 to T12 bilaterally. Could she be meaning "root sleeve cysts" or even "root sheath cysts" ?? Thanks for any help!  ...

Help With CABG Terminology
Jul 05, 2013

12 years on nephrology and first day on cardiology -- I'm sure this is obvious, but I've googled and cannot find something that works. Status post multivessel CABG (5 vessel - LIMA to LAD, free RIMA to OM1, sequential SVG to acute marginal and s/l LPLB2, and SVG to diagonal 1 - Dr. Clarence Owen).   ...

Amazing That We Know Terminology For
Jun 17, 2014

I'm sure most doctors can't hold a candle to our knowledge of terminology for the dozens of specialities out there, including surgical terms.  Are we underpaid or what?? ...

Radiology Imaging Consultants
Sep 30, 2010

Does anyone know about a company called Radiology Imaging Consultants?.  We have been told they are going to be our new Radiology Group starting Jan 1st.  We don't know if they use editors, if there is any actual transcription, etc.  Please help shed some light.  We were not told anything.  This is suppose to be hush hush... ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone have information about Rapid Outsource Imaging?  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging (ROI)
May 19, 2011

I can sign on with them, but they're strictly BOS 3. I'm still in the dark ages with BOS 1. How much time am I going to spend with my head in the book? What things should I focus on (re)learning first? Also, what kind of paperwork do I need to take care of, line counts, billing?  Do they take care of that? All I do with my current company is submit my online line count at the end of the pay period, and two weeks later I get a deposit in the bank. This is the only IC position I&# ...

RAPID OUTSOURCING IMAGING
Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone ever pass the mttest for Rapid Outsourcing Imaging??? ...

ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging)
Oct 31, 2011

Has anyone ever worked for this company? ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging.
Jan 06, 2012

Does anyway know about this company or ever worked there?  It sounds good with high pay on lines, but that is not everything to consider.  Let me know anything that you know. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging? Sm
Jun 12, 2012

Has anyone ever worked for Rapid Outsource Imaging? If so - were you happy there? Did they have plenty of work? Did they pay a fair rate? How was their QA and their platform? I've already invested time in their lengthy application/test and have phone interview tomorrow. Any info or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!! ...

Dermatology/Plastics Terminology
Dec 15, 2009

Where would I find terminology for the abofe subject. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you ...

Radiation Therapy Terminology? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

Anyone know of a good site(s) to get in-depth radiation therapy terminology?  I have about 50 jobs in queue and have never typed it!  Thought I'd ask here if anyone has a site they like while I continue to look for one.  Thanks a million for any help!  ...