A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance is like beating your head against a wall - anon

Posted: Aug 17, 2011

Both feel so good when you just stop.

I gave them a shot but I just cannot take it anymore.   It's like being set up to fail on a daily basis. 

Nuance like beating your head against a wall - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
I hear you. I lasted 3 weeks and saw no progress at all. One big account with so many variables that I found myself looking up things on account specifics constantly. Curious how long you were there.

Three weeks too - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Guess 3 weeks is the point of realization that no matter what you do it isn't going to work.

I pushed it as hard as I could and was able to hit what would be a good line count anywhere else (about 2000), but at 0.04 a line for 99.9% VR it is still pretty close to minimum wage.

Not to mention the QC is completely ridiculous and unlike anything I have ever encountered before. I am all for a sending the client a quality report but they grade things as major errors that other companies qualify as minor errors at best. I begin to wonder who is QC'ing QC because I know they are grading things incorrectly on a regular basis.

They advertise for MTs with 1 year experience. I can't imagine how an inexperienced MT survives at this company.

Interesting experience because incentive pay - is based on QA..... NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
incentive pay - pc
[ In Reply To ..]
how much of an incentive is this incentive pay? I just got my first incentive pay and I think I grossed $177 and they took out $44 in federal taxes out of that!!!!! Isn't that a lot of taxes for that small amount? I tried to call HR to ask but never got a response. It is almost not even worth it. Not to mention how hard it is to get incentive when you are looking up umpteen account specifics for each and every work type, even with the MTIs in the demographics. They seem to continually change them and I'm starting to get paranoid that they are doing that on purpose to keep us from making any money!! Maybe if we didn't have so many ESL doctors, we could actually understand the docs (I'm not saying the English-speaking ones are any better!), we would make some money also! Seems like the hospitals have it made as they are getting rid of all the awful ESL docs to the MTSOs and we get stuck trying to figure them out at the piddly pay we get!
acct specifics etc - woreout
[ In Reply To ..]
I started working just a few weeks ago for a major company in a hiring spree and although there isn't much speech recognition at all there are pretty strong production goals to meet and constantly hearing about acct specifics, acct specifics which seem to constantly change, constantly having to look at arhives of old reports etc. Was trained on 3 different accts within about 1 week. Just exhausted with the whole situation. Tried to work for Nuance. Money not too great but I guess it has a few good points.

Similar Messages:

Banging My Head Against The Wall
Feb 27, 2012

I keep getting dinged for comma usage, and I'm not one to overuse them, though I fully support the use of an Oxford comma.  I am old school, and I've been taught the following about commas 1)  They go before a conjunction when what could be complete sentence follows. 2)  They do not go before or after (unless there is a strange circumstance, i.e, "indeed" or some such wording thrown in) a conjunction w/o a complete sentence following it. My hospitals are "modified ver ...

BROW BEATING
Oct 26, 2010

What a waste of time and space to bicker about something like the below.  I am so surprised that a fellow MT would feel no compassion for others.  This board is for MTs to vent without being brow beaten for their feelings.  There is enough stress just being a MT without being made fun of for venting.  If a person does not like what is being said, then do not read the whole vent...just close it and pick another "vent."  You don't have to agree with the person that is ...

Beating A Dead Horse But...
Sep 20, 2010

The problem with making money with ASR is, I swear my fingers are moving just as much, but all over the board, not how we all learned to go fast, fingers on the home keys and move from there.  My hands are trying to fly all over....arrow keys, end, ctrl/shift/arrow to highlight, over to delete, try to find my way back, only to move off home keys to arrow some more.  If I could connect a pedometer on my fingers, I know it would show they are moving just as much without the same producti ...

Silent Type Beating A Dead Horse
Feb 21, 2014

I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but wondering it anyone has any fresh insight or knowledge (without bashing).  It just seems so silly, we're all adults here, why can't she just come out and say what's going on so we can make an informed decision about what to do?  ...

I Know I'm Beating A Dead Horse Here, But Is There Anyone Here Going To Sign With Mercedes?
Sep 06, 2014

d ...

Patient Has 2-3/6 _______ Beating Sound Left Base
Oct 19, 2012

s/l:  Patient has 2-3/6 _______ beating sound left base.  Lungs are clear ...

Up Against The Wall
Apr 11, 2010

No viable options.  STUCK!   Can't move.  Can't progress.   Can't do work.  Don't know what to do AT ALL.  Signed off my shift in exactly this situation.  This happened a couple of nights ago.  Now it's being demanded that I sign a Written Warning which mis-states the cause for action, and I have refused to sign it.  Conference call on Monday.  Details follow: Never ONE TIME in over ten years of working for Med ...

Hitting A Wall
Apr 20, 2010

I am having such difficulty concentrating today.  All these ASR charts with at least 4-5 corrections per sentence.  What a waste.  Probably minimum wage today.  My dog used to listen to me vent when no one else was around, wagged her tail and put her head on my lap as I typed, but she had to be put down in Feb:( Sorry, just needed to vent to someone who understands, unlike my DH, kids and all my friends who think I have a great job working at home!  I guess it ...

I Think The Writing Is On The Wall For Me
Dec 04, 2012

Okay, so I know what has been happening the past few months, but since it didn't affect me directly, I just kinda put it out of my mind.  But since the first of the month, my BOB is out of work during my shift (late afternoon/early evening).  This has never happened before.  Wondering if it is because daytime people are switching to later hours or my work is going overseas?  Not NJA yet, just unfamiliar work for the majority of my shift.  If this is how it's go ...

Canal Wall Down
Dec 31, 2012

Is "canal wall down" ever hyphenated? ...

DocQScribe 6.1 - The Writing Is On The Wall!
Sep 03, 2010

I just took the online training today and did my first reports using 6.1.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  They are on their way to eliminating the need for MT's.  It's just a matter of time.  We are tightening our own noose every time we edit one of those reports.  This is definitely a catch-22. ...

Occupy Wall Street
Oct 14, 2011

Would YOU like to join me in the worldwide Occupy Wall Street movement?  We will participate in our respective locales.  We have had a lot of talk about organizing a walk-out day on the MTSOs.  Let's take this opportunity to meet while at the same time pooling our efforts with others who share similar struggles as us!  Let's dispense with the talking and start doing and put our money where our mouths are.  If you are interested in joining me, by all ...

I'm Hitting The Proverbial Wall
Nov 11, 2014

Lately, I've been checking my hourly production, every hour on the hour.  For my first hour of work this morning, I stayed completely focused, no distractions except getting a quick cup of coffee (in the same room as my work desk) but quickly sat right back down again and went right back to work.  What was my hourly rate of production for that hour?  $7.42.  Yes, I said I earned a whopping $7.42 in a solid hour of intense concentration and focus.  I also noticed ...

Tuwal, 2-wall, Toowal Protocol?
May 18, 2015

Patient hospitalized with pancratitis, pancytopenia with macrocytosis, alcohol withdrawal, hypophosphatemia, hypoalbuminemia & macrocytic anemia.  S/L "2-wall protocol". Thanks for suggestions.  ...

Op Note: Colon Was S/l *socked* To Abdominal Wall Nm
Jul 21, 2011

full context:  There was no evidence of intraabdominal contamination, although the sigmoid colon was socked to the left lateral abdominal wall. Is that right, socked? ...

The Writing Is On The Wall. Article From Researchers Regarding Outsourcing.
Feb 25, 2013

I have been doing transcription for almost 2 decades, pretty soon my children in their early 20s will be making more money than I am, made decision to go back to school in my 40s for a new career, no choice.  Clip from article. "US corporations justify their offshore operations as essential to gain a foothold in emerging Asian markets. The Hira brothers believe this is self-delusion. “There is no evidence that they will be able to outcompete local Chinese and Indian companies, ...

Interesting - Check Out The Info On Occupying Wall Street
Oct 06, 2011

This is interesting info:  insiders/morningstar.com shows "MQ suit earnings"    Name/Title   2005 2006 2007 2008 2009                                 Key Executive Compensation   - - 292,707 1,485,258 2,858,899                   Salary   - - 229,250 810 ...

A Wall * Washren* Abnormality Consistent With An Acute Myocardial Infarction. Thanks. Nm
May 14, 2010

nm ...

Tenderness To Palpation In The Right Anterior Medial Chest Wall. Is It Anteromedial Or As Typed? T
Mar 27, 2011

xx ...

Mit Or M-head Or ....
Oct 15, 2009

Under the indications for procedure heading, the doctor says " _____ is a 26-year-old female..." It almost sounds like Mit or Med or Mhead....any ideas? At first I thought maybe "Man" but its a female. ...

HEAD UP NJA
Jul 21, 2010

I read EVERYDAY about ppl on this board having no jobs at the Q, not being able to contact their CCM or RTL to get work.  I got a phone call (not an e-mail) ASKING if I could take on another couple of accounts because "the people assigned to these accounts apparently can't get their TAT up"  The sugar on top is this is suppose to be a "straight type facility"...  WOW!  I took the accounts, I mean, I've been working steady for about 3 - 4 months, FT hours, nary a NJ ...

CT Head
Oct 05, 2010

CT of the brain showed no acute findings.  Old injury of left s/l laminapapy worsia and sinus disease. ...

MRI Of The Head
Mar 26, 2012

MRI of the head demonstrated acute subdural hematoma extending from the left fronto-temporal region to left parietal occipital region measuring 4-5 mm ???(s/l Leis or Weiss) diameter ...

Going Over Sup's Head
May 09, 2013

Has anyone used the second tier of contact regarding no answers from supervisor?  If so, any ramifications? ...

Just A Head's Up ...
Nov 11, 2013

I'm an MME, and in editing reports these past few weeks I'm noticing a huge number of gender mix ups in the reports I'm seeing.  In some reports, it almost seems to toggle back and forth from he/she/him/her, etc with absolutely no consistency.  It seems to be an ASR issue.  I'm not sure why it's happening but what I AM noticing is that a lot of MTs aren't catching it.  If I am the MME for your report, I will always correct them while I'm fil ...

All I Can Do Is Shake My Head .... (SM)
Dec 28, 2009

I found an ad this morning that I was so excited about, part-time MT in 2 specialties that I love, started my email to the company when I went back to look at the job ad and it states UP TO 0.7 per line.  Immediately I deleted the email, shook my head and went on looking.  What amazes me even more is that these people/companies who offer these horrible wages generally act like they are doing you a favor!!  Sad, so very sad .... ...

From A Head Ct Dictation
Mar 09, 2010

(Philpha)contiguous (cyamal) images were obtained ... Thank you.   ...

My Head Is Swirling!
Mar 29, 2010

So much going on!  Got an e-mail Friday that all jobs, regardless of how many blanks it has in is, is going directly to the customer.  Got another e-mail about Benchmark, and I have no clue what that is all about.  Not certified, don't want to be certified, so if it has anything to do with that - and we HAVE to from what I am gathering.  Then they train me for full DQS accounts, and there is never any work on those accounts.  My primary was supposed to go SR in Janu ...

Neurology Head CT Help Please
Apr 06, 2010

Head CT findings show ipsilateral s/l ex-wy-i-co distension of the lateral ventricle ...

What Are The Best Head Phones
Apr 30, 2010

What is the best head phones.  I have tried so many, but I know there has to be a better set. I currently use Logitech. ...