A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

BROW BEATING - Nature

Posted: Oct 26, 2010

What a waste of time and space to bicker about something like the below.  I am so surprised that a fellow MT would feel no compassion for others.  This board is for MTs to vent without being brow beaten for their feelings.  There is enough stress just being a MT without being made fun of for venting.  If a person does not like what is being said, then do not read the whole vent...just close it and pick another "vent."  You don't have to agree with the person that is venting, but trying to start an arguement in my opinion is just counter productive.  I care very much for my fellow MTs.  I pray for all of us daily and also for MQ to see how stressed out we are and care.  When my granddaughter died, my son-in-law's company paid for the whole funeral, casket, and everything except the head stone.  They came to the funeral and all the employees came to the funeral, and a lot of them were pallbearers.  The company told him to not worry about coming back until he was ready.  That is really caring.  We can't do all that, but we can at least care that one of our own is hurting and give support.  We certainly should not want to make their pain greater.  So go ahead and rant, but I will no argue with anyone.

At what point does being compassionate turn into - enabling? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Free rein on the Internet - CA-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately the Internet gives you the option of posting anonymously. If you were face-to-face, you'd be able to really read that person, like their embarassment or brutality, etc., and they would be more accountable for their words. It looks to me like some people start throwing their weight around at the people who come here to vent because it makes them feel more powerful or just to get a rise out of you so they could play their power game. I also believe Medquist knows the advantage they have by using the Internet as well: They bully us and don't own up to their responsibility because we can't "see" them in person.

Who are the bullies? Those saying help stick up for yourself - or those saying they are a victim? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

The original post below was about going after what you deserve, sticking - up for yourself. How is that bad? Seems to SM

[ In Reply To ..]
me it is the posts "venting" about how bad it is and how helpless these posters are that are causing the friction.

I AGREE... - I am sick of being bullied

[ In Reply To ..]
I get bullied over and over, for asking a question, for giving my opinion, just about anything. I dont think it matters anymore what you post about. I think the bullies will go against anything, even if they agree just to give them something to do.

So when one says be strong, go after what you want, that to - you is bulling? Just wondering. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

What? - Did you read my post at all?

[ In Reply To ..]
I said: "I get bullied over and over, for asking a question, for giving my opinion, just about anything. I dont think it matters anymore what you post about. I think the bullies will go against anything, even if they agree just to give them something to do."

You come back with "So when one says be strong, go after what you want, that to you is bullying."

Did I say anything even remotely close to that?

A problem - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
It may be more than one person, but I am noticing more and more posts with a smart, sarcastic post and then the nm beside it. I have seen it on the faith board as well. Someone is just being a deliberate annoyance. Like you, I won't be a part of the ongoing bickering. We all have a right to air our feelings, but someone is trying to stir the pot.

Which post is stirring the pot? I dont understand who - the bad guy is. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It's called tough love - telling someone to take control of - their own fate may be uncomfortable for them to he

[ In Reply To ..]
but it is certainly not bullying nor being ugly or without compassion. It is an example of being empathetic toward that person.

I think you are looking only for responses that are in total agreement to the leading post. That will not happen nor should it.

This board is not for MTs to vent. It is for anyone who wants to talk about MT work and express their opinion.

It is very supportive to give direction or support that would assist someone to make a job or career move when that person has stated they are uncomfortable, unhappy, dissatisfied with their current job.

Your last sentence tells me all I need to know about your oversensitivity: Every opinion that is not in complete agreement with yours is not a "rant."

You need to toughen up. It will make all the difference in the world for yourself and for those who keep posting negatively about their jobs if you simply take the reins for yourself. Stop letting the company or others determine how much you make or don't, how you should feel, how you spend your time, etc. YOU and you alone are responsible for yourself.

It is a survival skill. Develop it or you'll just fall by the wayside but it will still be your own fault for doing so.

Very few people here really are hateful or demeaning with their shocking posts - they are trying to motivate people to wake up and realize they CAN and SHOULD do something if they feel trapped. Few are WANTING others to fail.

Good luck.

Yeah!! What she said....... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Motivation is fine - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Now try motivating a person in her mid to late 60s (many times with health issues) to go back to college and then after graduating begin her NEW career. Nobody said we are not in many ways responsible for our own lives, but believe it or not it's not a one size fits all situation. The only point I am making is not to throw every single person into the same pot. I said it before and I am saying it now. It reflects a definite lack of understanding and maturity to be unwilling to see that.

Those are excuses. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Plenty of older students go to college. If you think life is over in your 60s well I suggest you start there with changing your attitude.

Plenty of people with health issues go to college. LOL

Sounds like someone is trying to come up with reasons NOT to own their own life!

College is not the only option, either. There are trade schools, vocational schools, distance learning, and the list goes on.

You are correct: It reflects a definite lack of understanding and maturity to be unwilling to see ... to see that the only reason NOT to do take action to improve your life is that you do not WANT to improve it! You do NOT want control of it! You are UNWILLING to be responsible for yourself!

I agree wholeheartedly!

Next excuse, please?!

NOW I know you! - Boring me to death
[ In Reply To ..]
Aren't you the one they hired to do Charlie Brown's teacher's voice?
Show me the blood and I'll cry with you. Otherwise - get up and get busy again. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Good Grief, get on with you OWN Flippin' Life - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You just really have to have the last word don't you?

Similar Messages:

S/l Da-kum-suh Assessing Forceps (brow Procedure)
Dec 03, 2009

xx ...

Beating A Dead Horse But...
Sep 20, 2010

The problem with making money with ASR is, I swear my fingers are moving just as much, but all over the board, not how we all learned to go fast, fingers on the home keys and move from there.  My hands are trying to fly all over....arrow keys, end, ctrl/shift/arrow to highlight, over to delete, try to find my way back, only to move off home keys to arrow some more.  If I could connect a pedometer on my fingers, I know it would show they are moving just as much without the same producti ...

Nuance Is Like Beating Your Head Against A Wall
Aug 17, 2011

Both feel so good when you just stop. I gave them a shot but I just cannot take it anymore.   It's like being set up to fail on a daily basis.  ...

Silent Type Beating A Dead Horse
Feb 21, 2014

I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but wondering it anyone has any fresh insight or knowledge (without bashing).  It just seems so silly, we're all adults here, why can't she just come out and say what's going on so we can make an informed decision about what to do?  ...

I Know I'm Beating A Dead Horse Here, But Is There Anyone Here Going To Sign With Mercedes?
Sep 06, 2014

d ...

Patient Has 2-3/6 _______ Beating Sound Left Base
Oct 19, 2012

s/l:  Patient has 2-3/6 _______ beating sound left base.  Lungs are clear ...