A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Meridian Healthcare Solutions - care to comment on how it is today? - MLS

Posted: Oct 30, 2012

Any current Meridian employees out there that care to comment on how it is today? Thanks in advance.

Meridian - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I just left Meridian was there only a short while due to health reasons. Nice people, enough work, but very, very strict on QA. Go for it, but be prepared for extensive training. I learned a lot.

Meridian HCS - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with this company for a few years. The accounts are pretty good overall. I changed my shift to accommodate for the no/low work situation. I really don't mind flexing my schedule, but you get absolutely no appreciation for your work or for flexing to help them, and in fact, only hear negative feedback. I don't even mind that so much as when I get audited 15-20 audits per week and get no support when the auditor is incorrect and I can prove the auditor is wrong. I will e-mail the information to the manager and be told "not to worry about it." The rules change often and you only find out when an audit comes back and then a week later it will go back to the first way. Very confusing when you try to do good work. When there is low/no work, you are expected to flex to accommodate them, and regardless of there being no work for your scheduled shift, you are required to make up those lines when work is available, so essentially you could easily be working 12-14 hours to get your lines in. When they need help, you are to put in extra, but of course no extra pay (other than getting more lines of course). I work 7 days a week and am making $15,000 less than I made last year due to VR and straight typing line rate changes. I do love the flexibility (I like working 3rd shift) and the account (as opposed to other companies I have worked for) is overall pretty good. I just wish I were more appreciated for my willingness to work when they need help and more support on the issues with the changes in audits. As I mentioned earlier, you only hear negative feedback. Also, every time you get a stat, an incorrect job number, incorrect staff ID number, incorrect date, etc, you must e-mail the client and QA. This wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have more than 20 e-mails a day that you are required to send/respond to that you are not paid for and if you don't respond, you will get a phone call, which also interrupts your work. Plus you need to look at your feedback from your audits, and again, you are not paid for this. Also, the VR is a joke. It does not learn and puts absolutely awful dictators on VR. Even good dictators are terrible on VR; the only positive is they are easy to understand to make the changes. Even though there are things that I don't like, I do like this company more than others I have worked at. It just is hard to make so much less money for working more hours and doing the same exact job as last year. Oh well...the price to pay for staying at home, I guess. :)

Similar Messages:

Meridian Healthcare Solutions
Jun 30, 2010

Does anyone work for Meridian Healthcare Solutions out of Indianapolis?  Anything good or bad about them would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Meridian Healthcare Solutions Out Of Indiana?
Nov 08, 2011

Anyone have any recent experience with Meridian Healthcare out of Indiana? ...

Meridian Healthcare Solutions - Any Feedback
Jan 18, 2012

Any feedback on Meridian? I just got a call from them for an interview. I would like feedback on them before I call them back. What platform do they use? What is their pay like, etc.  Thanks! ...

Comment On Meridian And Their Chartnet
Mar 26, 2012

Can anyone comment on Meridian and their Chartnet, ability to earn, insurance, pros and cons?  Thank you :) ...

Meridian Healthcare
Jan 26, 2011

Anyone work for Meridian who can tell me if their tax forms were received yet?  ...

Meridian Healthcare Pay Cuts
May 18, 2011

Is this common practice?  I've worked for them for 7 years and now they are cutting our pay?  I havent had a raise in those 7 years, and inflation just so happens to be raising all my gas bills, grocery, clothes, and utility bills... but i should take a pay cut?   Is there ANY good company to work for out there that will pay 11 cpl or more ?  I mean for heavens sake, I've got about 15 years experience... i'm not asking for more than mere chump change, but the ...

Meridian Healthcare No Work
Jul 09, 2012

Is anyone else having trouble getting work at Meridian?  Looking through the archives, it seems some have plenty and others very little, though the couple with plenty was a few months ago.   It seems the accounts have been on extended holiday since xmas, then New Year's, then Easter, then July 4th, it's never-ending.   We were also told that they were NOT hiring new MTs to service new accounts, yet there was an ad out for 30 new MTs!  ...

Meridian Healthcare In Indiana
Dec 28, 2012

latest victims of the MedQuist "M*Modal" world domination.   I hear they were strong-armed into the buyout because Meridian was using M*Modal's software program (?)  it was a case of "sell out or lose the platform."  another transcription agency to stay the hellions away from.  Meridian ...

Former Meridian Healthcare Workers... How's It Going?
Feb 23, 2013

Hey all, just wondering if by some miracle that everything is working out okay for you ? I was so sorry for all of you when MedQuist took you over, and was so glad I was able to get out last year before it happened.   Is everyone doing okay ? ...

Meridian Healthcare ?s-but Not Naming Company
Dec 08, 2014

Does anyone transcribe for Meridian account in NJ. If so, what are your feelings, love it, hate it, any input at all . . . I have plenty input if anyone wants to discuss ...

Any Current Employees At Keystrokes Care To Comment
Oct 24, 2012

Any current employees at Keystrokes care to comment on how things are there these days?  ...

Meridian Health Solutions, Inc
May 16, 2010

Does anyone have any personal info on this company?.  I applied for a  position last week and they sent me an email wanting references, which I supplied to them.  I followed up iwth an email as to the position and they stated they would be checking references this coming week.  Thanks in advance.   this coming week.  Good or bad comments are welcome.  TIA. ...

Meridian Health Solutions - Anything
Feb 25, 2012

Found on MTdaily, looks like pay is over average.  Does anyone know anything about this company?  ...

Meridian Health Solutions
Mar 06, 2012

Received a message for interview, have not returned call yet.  Is there any feedback on this company good or bad.  Thanks in advance! ...

Meridian Health Care
Apr 19, 2011

Anyone have info on this company?  I couldl sure use some input good or bad.  Thanks so much! ...

Pyramid Healthcare Solutions Is Hiring Remote Coders
Mar 06, 2015

nm ...

Staying In Health Care And Am Especially Interested In Home Healthcare
Jul 06, 2012

I am looking into what field of study to take up. I am thinking about staying in Health Care and am especially interested in home health care. I was wondering if anyone knows personally if there are demands for: Physical Therapist assistant - with Associated degree Occupational assistant- with Associates degree Has anyone heard of Speech/language pathologist assistant? I think this will require too much schooling but I have heard there is a big demand in health care and schools. I al ...

Transcription Solutions - Is There Acute Care Accounts?
Dec 18, 2013

Was thinking of applying here but would like to know some information.  Is there acute care accounts?  Can you pick a schedule?  Any VR? Do they supply equipment? What is the daily line count?  What is their QA percentage requirement? Is management nice to work with?  I think I've covered everything here.  Would appreciate any input you could give......Thanks! ...

Transtech Medical Solutions - Anyone Else Get Their Checks Today?
Dec 14, 2012

My check was not direct deposited today as it normally is. This is the first time this has occurred since working for this company.  Did anyone else get their checks today? ...

Another Sad Option For Medical Care Is Charity Care. Work With The People
Nov 06, 2014

...bills. Most Saint hospitals and others actually operate as non-profits, and for what they are screwing us over in taxes unpaid, they can afford to help out folks with their bills and still give their CEOs generous stock options and obscene salaries! But, you have to ask for this after your visit, treatment, x-ray, or ER visit. ASK for help if you need it. It is not our fault that suits are in charge of medical care in this country.  ...

If We Put Something In The Comment Box Without
Mar 27, 2012

checking the QA box, it does not go through QA, right?  I know we are not supposed to put in disparaging remarks, but would "speak up" or "stop mumbling" be considered a disparaging remark? I am so tired of these docs who mumble and cannot be understood...how else will they know we can't hear/understand them if we can't tell them...all they see is the nice finished product not what we have to go through to get them that.    ...

Please Comment On
Jan 21, 2015

about MTs being outsourced.  Scroll down to the bottom to add your comment.  http://www.harlandaily.com/news/news/151371514/ARH-outsourcing-jobs ...

Comment No. 12 At Pittsburgh
Sep 03, 2013

is priceless! ...

ITS - Can Anyone Comment On This Company?
Aug 01, 2014

Any information on this company as far as line counts, pay, etc.  Would appreciate it.  Thanks! ...

Nice Comment From Doctor
May 11, 2010

Just finished a consult from one of my docs, and he's a little hoarse today, but not bad and at the end he says "and apologies to the transcription ladies.  I know my voice is not necessarily the best for dictating today, and thanks for bearing with me." It sure is nice when they acknowledge that there is actually a person on the other end who is listening to them. ...

A Comment On The Swamp Board -- Sm
May 13, 2010

Okay, so in my experience in trying to be compliant on making up time and "switching" swapping time when I had a funeral to attend.   No problem picking up the times, but here is what happens.   When I have had NJA or something happened which required a 30 min here or there I wanted to pick up and make up the hours.   Well, in theory it would seem to be good; but in reality it ADDED hours to my schedule and kept my original 24 hours per week.   This "swap" ...

Audits Posts Comment . . .
May 20, 2010

or am i getting the feeling that after reading some of these posts that certain ones are "targeted" to have regular audits.  have you done something in the past that puts on a "special" list that you are audited on a regular basis?  I have worked for the Q was not audited before (that I know of).  I have been audited twice now in the last couple of months and have passed, but did I do something to become a "chosen one?"  hhhmmmmm ...

Accentus Employees Comment Please.
Nov 05, 2012

what is the work situation so far there now? Notice they posted job opening. I need a job before I lose my mind completely. ...

Can I Make A Comment About The Test Itself?
Mar 11, 2014

I don't see anyone talking about the test itself or working coders or coding students bringing it up, so I will. I went to school for coding, got certified and could not find a job. That aside, the A and P portion of my schooling was extremely intense. I have been an MT for 15 years and I had no idea how lacking my knowledge of A/P really was. I figured just because I was an MT, it would be easy. Boy was I wrong. I would encourage you not to take this test lightly. BTW, I am part-tim ...

CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON SOFTSCRIPT TO WORK FOR
Mar 24, 2014

Posts are from 2008 and up.  Does anyone work for Softscript right now that can share information about this company?  Straight typing or editing.  What is the pay?  Is there plenty of work?   How much ESL?   Thanks much! ...